November 20, 2014 | 1724 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by craines

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this out after struggling to find a makeup that is the correct color, goes on smoothly, covers well and doesn't break me out.
I liked:
Price cannot be beaten
Color was perfect-warm ivory
Application was effortless and it looked instantly flawless
Covers very well
Feels light
I didn't like the super-shiny look and after a few hours, my skin was so irritated because of how oily my face had gotten! Will try it with a super-absorbent powder as this foundation is too good to give up without a fight!
UPDATE:used oil absorbing powder and that has helped reduce the oil. Has not broken me out yet. Very happy with this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by MissAkyna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It works perfectly if you like medium to full coverage. In the winter time I use 100 and decided to get some color in me this summer so I was at a 202. A little goes a long with this product. it's smooth, the first two colors are a little ivory, but the rest are quite beigey and yellowy. You don't need a whole lot to use, just finish it off with powder. It does get cakey if you keep building it. I've got extremely oily skin, so this somewhat helps. I'm only oily if I'm not hydrated enough, which seems to be all of the time because I'm lazy. Overall, great product, and I'll continue to have it on hand!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by shellylamb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

the first time I used this site last week this was highly recomended so I whent to lloyds chemist and bought some. it was about a fiver so I thought it would be rubbish. how wrong was I! it goes on great its great coverage and it lasted all night. I love It love it love it. the only down side is that its in a flipin glass bottle so its hars to get it all out but at that price who cares.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by MilenaBR

Application: I apply it with a damp Beauty Blender or my fingers.

Texture: It's a little thick, very easily blendable and smooth.

Finish: It sets to a slightly satiny finish, leaning to matte, but not flat matte.

Coverage: medium to heavy medium.

Color match: 200 Soft Beige is a pretty good match for my NC30 skin.

Oxidization: It hasn't oxidized on me.

Skin type: My skin is normal to dry, these days.

Smell: I find it a delicious floral scent, some people won't like it.

Longevity: It really lasts, but not intact. It starts losing its freshness after around 5 hours.

Did not break me out.

Will you repurchase it? Most probably.

Overall, I really like it. I don't LOVE it to bits, because I tend to love foundations with a more glowy finish, but then again, those don't last too long. It manages to be long-wearing and have close to full coverage without clinging to my dry patches or looking cakey, dry, etc. It's a very nice product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by kathleenlunn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation!
It looks great on my skin.
I wasn't sure if I should buy it or not and I was in the store thinking so I asked the woman behind the counter she said it was great! She also said she was wearing it on her face and her face looked great! So I brought the foundation
I instantly tried it on and it looks great when applied with your fingers, sponge or a brush!
Its not sticky or dry. Its just right.
I really do recommend this foundation!
Best one going,

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was hesitant to try a Rimmel foundation after trying their BB cream (thumbs down!). But I really wanted to find a long lasting makeup for my oily skin.

I'm really happy that I tried the 25 hour Lasting Finish foundation. It feels really light on your face. It's quick and easy to apply - I just used my fingers. It covers all of my redness and dark spots from left over blemishes, but it's not cakey or heavy feeling.

I set it with Rimmel's Stay Matte powder, and I had nice matte skin that lasted all day long. This stuff stayed in place until I removed it at night. It wasn't hard to remove with my makeup wipes which is a bonus too.

This foundation deserves more attention. It's a great makeup - especially for $5 :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 7:39:00 AM More reviews by karissmithhh

I tried this foundation a couple of months back and i have to say its the best ive used so far. It stays on all day, although it wouldnt last for 25 hours but it does stay looking fresh for a good 15-20 hours. i would most deffinately buy this product again and at the price it is, its even better. Would reccomend this to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by JoanneM9727

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this as an emergency fix, having broken my Esteé Lauder Double Wear bottle on a Sunday night - cue massive panic as I needed makeup for work on Monday morning! Dashed to Asda and picked this up for £5 on special offer!

To say this stuff has pleasantly surprised me would be an understatement..I use it at weekends for a lighter finish. Doesn't break me out either. I also blend a few drops in with my Esteé Lauder to make it less heavy. Have had so many compliments on this lighter finish. Love this stuff and if you like medium coverage, this is ideal

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by madscientist01

I have to say, I didn't have high hopes for this when I first picked it up (after trying revlon's colorstay), but was quite pleasantly surprised!

This definitely gives you a much lighter coverage than the colorstay, but looks oh SO much more natural! If you apply a light layer, it looks exactly like bare skin. You can build it up for more coverage, but of course any foundation will make you look made up if you don't apply it lightly.

This had a great colour match for me (the lightest shade), lasts all day (though definitely not 25h) without needing a touch up, doesn't seem to break me out...I have nothing negative to say about this product! The packaging could be a bit better, but it's better than a glass bottle. It's a very reasonable price too. I like that about rimmel.

Overall, I would recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by joneschick114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Can't believe this is drugstore!

I'm not afraid to admit it- I'm a foundation noob through and through. I edged my way into face products via TMs and BBs and it was time to take the plunge into foundation. I can't pinpoint my slight aversion to foundation but now I'm mostly fine with it- and now that I've found an awesome one I feel better scouting out other ones. Not only am I more comfy with the thought of foundation but my skin has slightly worsened- so I have more need to cover my pores and pesky spots! This is only my second foundation too- my first being more of a practice one- my makeup school kit included Sorme Mineral Illusion liquid mineral foundation. Its very hydrating and smooth but takes forever to build up coverage- your best bet is a brush, buffing on many layers.

Anyway- I can't believe this is in the drugstore! For me, its perfect. I scouted out the reviews for this and they were overall good- something I always try to do before I get something. I think my inner foundation phobe liked the squeezey tube- so much like the TMs and BBs ( American) I had gotten used to. But as I said their coverage wasn't cutting it.

Although its only 1 oz there seems to be a ton of product packed in the little tube. I've only used it a handful of times and used quite a bit each time, so it might be on its last legs before I know it- which is fine because its cheap! ( And I'll cut that tube in half and get every last bit out:D). The whole on the squeezey tube is a little big so make sure you don't spill out too much. I like the texture- super creamy but with some drip, so it will slide a bit on the back of your hand as you use it as a palette. This seems to work best with the ELF powder brush (or the Sonia Kashuk Flat Blusher Brush) - you can easily pick up as much product as you need and buff it on. I like to take brush-fulls and spackle it on to each area of my face, blending the edges into one another. I'm aware that is a bit wasteful because the coverage is so good I might not even need to use that much, but whatevs. I'm still getting the hang of things and it works for me. Its such a satisfying feeling to, with one or two swipes, erase my annoying chin spots and obnoxious pores. I feel like I'm donning a mask- but this doesn't feel like one. It immediately dries down and leaves skin smooth and since I have dry skin and I usually exfoliate and moisturize as my prep step before foundation, no flaky patches show through- which has sometimes happened even when I've taken steps to prevent that from happening. I think this is great for dry skin as it moisturizes initially and for oily because it dries with an almost matte finish. 100 Ivory seems to match me well enough. It says it has an Aqua Primer built in but I like using the Rimmel London Fix and Perfect primer underneath, which I had basically deserted, and it seems to work just fine, and its a great way to use up a product you initially weren't amazed by. The foundation smells a little like sunscreen, which is fine with me. The one caveat I'm finding with Rimmel L. is the rose scent that is in a lot of the lip products- I'm glad its not in here. On second thought this does sting my face a tad- but it dissipates and I know this is crazy- I don't care if I'm a teensy bit allergic because I've found a pretty amazing drug store foundation- and that can be hard to find. Plus, I don't wear makeup on a regular basis so I am always giving my face a break from foundation, etc

Lastly, I have to mention that Rimmel London is consistently impressing me. I've gotten so many things from them across the board that have performed so well. Its fast becoming my go-to for mascara, liners, powders, glosses, lippies and so much more. I'm thinking they have improved their formulas to compete with other MU brands and if so, awesome! The quality is there, and you don't have to pay an arm and a leg to get some great products!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No