July 29, 2014 | 1996 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by rubyred1004

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very lightweight product that went on smoothly and felt very refreshing. However, it was not very moisturizing. My face has recently gone from very dry to combo dry/oily (if that makes any sense). So I like that it is light for the oily parts of my face but not moisturizing at all for the dry parts of my face. Smells good though, great glass packaging (makes it feel high-end) and not a horrible product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by GorgeousWednesday

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

FIRST OPINION: I usually don't write about a product when I've only been using it for a couple days, but this product surprised me! I've wanted to try Clinique's "Moisture Surge" but after reading reviews on it I decided I wasn't going to risk paying that kind of money on a product that didn't have flawless reviews. I saw this on sale in my drugstore the other day and was interested because it was the same concept of a gel face cream. I decided that $8.99 was a way better price then $49.50, and I didn't have much to lose. I'm glad I tried it! I love the container, and as much as a jar can be unsanitary I ALWAYS use clean hands when I'm applying face products, so that shouldn't really be an issue (for anyone) in my opinion. The glass jar makes it feel way more luxurious too. The gel formula is green, and smells like green grapes (not synthetic, real green grapes). It smoothes over the skin nicely, at first it was slightly sticky and didn't feel very moisturizing, but within an hour my face felt great and had no visible dry patches. I'm excited to use this product and cannot wait to update this review!
REVIEW: Amazing. My first look at this product basically covers everything but I just wanted to add a couple more points for everyone. You don't need much of this product! I was using too much and that's why my face was sticky! I like to put half a pea sized drop of a creamy light moisturizer on my nose and chin underneath this to keep my skin glowing and healthy. Don't rub it in too much. Lastly, use this at night! I wouldn't recommend using this in the day. I found it drying in the day but at night it improves your face's moisture and evens out your complexion. I just wash my face at night now, followed by this moisture gel. Everyone has been commenting on my skin and asking what I've been doing. My little secret :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by TaniitaTania

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I remember i purchase this product 2 yrs ago and in that time i used this clinque 3 step system for acne (worst product ever) it dried my skin soo bad and made me breakout even more and i actually have oily skin and made my skin super dry , i desperately needed a moisturizer because i felt like my skin was yelling help and i purchase this product, so i heard gel moisturizers don't break you out like cream moisturizers , this product did hydrate my skin and i quit using the clinque 3 step system and my skin healed and looked more healthy, well i loved this moisturizer so much that i purchase it like 3 more times ,well later on i found out it made my skin more oily , and checked the ingredients and it had alcohol ,for oily skin types it makes your skin produce more oil and for dry skin types it really just drys out more your skin, One thing i hate about Garnier skin products is the heavy fragrances it contains , i mean the fragrances smell good but i just think skin products shouldn't have fragrances for lots of reasons ,they should just stick with those fragrances on their shampoos and conditioners Not skin products ! ,now i use Neutrogena combination skin moisturizer and it contains No fragrances and i fell like it hydrates my skin but doesn't look greasy Overall i quit using this product about a yr. ago.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Shannon92503

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

While searching for an oil free moisturizer, I came across this gel-cream. I have to admit, I bought this product more out of curiosity and smell than anything else. And im very glad I did! First off, I love the packaging. The jar style allows me to easily use every drop of it and the fact that it's glass is a nice change nowdays when everything seems to be plastic. Plus it feels/seems a bit classier somehow. A tiny dab of this goes a very long way. This took several applications for me to really get used to how little you actually need. It makes my face and neck feel very soft, however it does also give my face & neck a "tight" feeling, similar to how my skin feels after using my Clean & Clear astringeant, which makes me wonder how much moisture my face is actually receiving. I do know that, according to the ingredients, there is alcohol in this, which is ok with me as I have very oily skin. I try using this every morning (and sometimes b4 bed) and on the days that I do remember too, I seem to have a lot better oil control throughout the day. The scent is a very light, clean, soft scent. Not perfume-like at all. I would repurchase this item.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

I have oily/combo skin and this moisturizer is perfect for me! I was using the Eucerin moisturizer before Summer but once the hot weather kicked in, my skin became waaaay too oily so I decided to pick up the Garnier one since it was gel-based. This turned out to be one of my favorite moisturizers of all time! (My HG is the Merlot grape seed one) Since it is a gel consistency, it does not make me feel oil AT ALL. You only need the tiniest bit to have enough to cover your whole entire face and the smell is divine. I do think this is strictly made for people with oily/combo skin ... anything from dry to normal might not be moisturizing enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by CeylonTea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily/combo skin. Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshinhg Gel Cream is non-irritating and doesn't make my skin feel sticky, hot, or dirty. This contains alcohol as the third ingredient and is more suited for oily skin types. If you have dry skin, this will probably not work for you.

My skin is oily and flaky but doesn't feel dry or tight. The flakiness is due to fast cell turnover which is just my skin's way of self-exfoliating. It feels uncomfortable when oil sits on top it. Using this gel cream helps protect my skin against that by acting as a barrier between the oil coming out of my pores and my sometimes sensitive skin surface. Because of the gel-cream, my skin doesn't feel oily even when it starts to get oily and shiny. Seriously, nothing will stop oil production except the aging process. As for controlling he flakiness, I try to stay hydrated by drinking water and using facial scrubs from time to time and a mild facial cleanser. i use Neutrogena Naturals Purifying facial cleanser.

Other things I love about this product: the pleasant fragance is barely there and the slippery, thin texture which is light enough for my skin type. The cooling sensation feels great! For a drugstore brand moisturizer, this feels luxurious to use.

I agree with the other reviews that a little goes a long way. There's no need to put a big glob on your skin which was what I was doing because it felt so good to smooth it over my face. I just pat a small amount to the dry areas of my face. That's it. It's been well over a year and there still 1/4 of the product left but I don't use it every day in the summer.

I also love the fact that the jar is glass and not plastic. It seems more expensive and classy,,,not junky. For as long as my skin is slightly oily/combo, this will be my holy grail moisturizer. I would defintely purchase again and again. I hope this never gets discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by alexshultz

I have extreme combination skin - my t-zone is quite oily, but everywhere else (notably my cheeks, mouth area, and temples) is always very dry. I am/was looking for a moisturizer that could properly moisturize my dry areas, but help with my oily t-zone.

I got this at Target for $6.99. The packaging is nice, I was expecting to have more product (only 1.7 oz), however. I don't mind the jar, I actually kinda like it, but I don't understand why they couldn't put it in a tube, it's not very thick.

It has a nice fresh scent which I enjoy. You only need a small amount and it glides all over your face, feeling refreshing. It dries quickly, and when it does it leaves my skin feeling nice and soft and smooth... not necessarily moisturized, however, the box had stated you will notice more moisture in your skin within an hour, which is actually quite true. My skin feels really nice and moisturized after about 30 minutes.

My skin looks SO nice when I wear this, my skin isn't dry at all, and NOT at all oily!! I don't even need to use my Milk of Magnesia anymore, because my skin just looks great with this on.

LOVE it, and will definitely repurchase. I recommend this for people who have Normal-Combination-Oily skin. Winter hasn't come yet, and I don't see this holding up too well on its own for my dry skin, so I might need a heavier cream for nightly use and use this during the day. That being said, persons with Normal-Dry skin may not find this hydrating enough, but it's fantastic for a nice light moisturizer that you use during the day or the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by sportschick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Price: I find this at my local CVS or Target for around $10. Its a relatively small glass container, but you can often find coupons, etc.

Packaging: small, glass container. It is easy to get the product out, all the way to the last drop.

Scent/texture: no strong scent, texture is a smooth gel that is not sticky

Performance: I use this when the weather gets cold, late fall and winter here. I get extremely irritated, red, skin in those months, and this helps soothe the itchiness. It doesnt cause any breakouts. A little goes a long way. works great under primer and makeup, doesnt leave face sticky or cause any lumps under makeup.

I have already purchased this multiple times. My little sister has very severe acne on her face and sensitive skin, and this does not irritate her or break her out. in fact, with her acne treatment, and this moisturizer, her skin cleared up, and is less irritated.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by alyssajeanine05

I bought this product after watching a review on Youtube and i'm IN LOVE. I'm on my second jar and I'll be buying a third. I have dry to combination skin and this is perfect. It's lightweight, and super mosturizing. A little bit goes a long ways! No, it will not do anything for your acne, but it did not break me out which is a plus. It has a light scent, nothing over powering, and it smoothes into the skin very nicely. ALSO I had a sunburn on my face and put this on that day, woke up the next morning and my suburn was gone and I was left with a perfect glowy tan. I reccomend this product to everyone!! 8 dollars is sooo worth it, and even though it's in a jar, it's still a great product. If you're thinking about it, just go for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by smolderingviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am officially in love. I had a bit of a mishap with an at home chemical peel. I was supposed to wash it off after 20 minutes and I fell asleep and woke up an hour later. Needless to say my face was very red and dried out and flaky. I put it on at night before bed and it burned like hell, probably because of the chemical peel mishap. When I woke up in the morning there was still a little redness from the irritation, but my face felt better than normal. It was very soft and moisturized, it literally felt softer than my 7 month old daughters. The only thing I DON'T like about it is that it comes in a jar as opposed to a tube. I have acrylic nails so I'll lose a little bit under my nails, also tubes are just more sanitary. Other than that it smells great, it works great, it doesn't clog my pores and I can see buying this over and over and over again.