December 19, 2014 | 1161 users online

Hair Treatments - Garnier - Blow Dry Perfector

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by frostyblondeweave

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HORRIBLE!! Fries your hair as does Garnier haircolor!!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by revflapjackson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product belongs in the hair product hall of shame. I am seriously looking up attorneys that specialize in class action lawsuits tomorrow and will update this when I hear back so anyone whose hair has been DESTROYED can join me.
Thankfully, my hair did not melt like some of the reviewers on here but as soon as I started the blowdrying, I could see that things were just not right. I did not achieve easy, straight hair with bowdrying and a round brush. On the contrary, my hair has never been so frizzy-like I stuck my finger in a freeking light socket. I turned to my flat iron for help, it took me longer to flat iron and I couldnt get it pin straight like I usually do. By nightfall my hair was so dry, all I could do was put it in a bun, I was afraid to brush it. I rinsed and conditioned. Tomorrow I will start coconut and olive oil treatments.
I have weird hair that curls near the ends and is a bit frizzy.My hair has been color treated but not in about a month.It lifted the color from my hair a bit as well. I would not have called my hair damaged before this.
Processed? Slighty. Damaged? No. It is certainly "damaged" now. This will take hundred of dollars and inches off of my hair to fix this disaster. I really feel for the ladies who really have handfuls of hair falling out. I had a bit fall out but that has stopped. I hope that severe breakage doesnt begin!
I figured a product that lasted 7 shampoos could save me alot of flatironing, seeing as I shampoo only every 2-3 days.
Ladies who think you might want to use this product again? Think twice. Maybe there wasnt alot of damage the first time but this garbage certainly has the capacity to destroy your hair. be careful!
I took my empty box back to target and they were good about refunding me but that still doesnt cover the costs of repairing this damage!
SHAME ON YOU, GARNIER!!!!!!

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by megan8403

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Never again- AVOID AT ALL COSTS. I had silky smooth hair before using this product and decided to try it on a whim for added smoothness and shine- it totally ruined my hair. My hair is now so straw-like and dry and looks like i flat ironed it and left the iron on my hair for about 2 hours ... absolute nightmare. I have tried VO5 hot oil treatments, hair masks, and all kinds of stuff to fix this mess and it's slowly regaining it's silkiness. This is the worst hair product that I've ever used- should be pulled from the shelves.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by babyhutch

Would I buy this product again? NO NO NO!!! This garbage did so much serious damage to my hair that I'm afraid I'm going to have to cut a signifigant amount of it off. Right now I'm trying to mend the damage it caused.

I used this a few days before going on vacation to CA. I thought that between this and the low humidity there I'd have low maintenance good hair days. Wrong. I followed the instructions exactly. I do have highlights and I heat style on a regular basis but I wouldn't call my hair damaged. I use keritian treatments on a regular basis and try to only flat iron 2x a week a so. After using this my hair became dry and unruly and almost sticky, I couldn't run a brush through it and was resigned to wearing it in a bun. My first thought was that the "good hair" weather in CA was highly overrated.

After vacation I was crazy busy with moving and work and school starting so I didn't have much time for my hair. It was totally unmanageable and starting to fall out but I didn't link that to this product. I was having to clean my brush out every time I used it because I was losing so much hair. Finally after a night of fighting to get a wide tooth comb through my hair I remembered I had used this. I jumped onto MUA to see if others had this result and if so how they fixed it. Luckily there were some great suggestions out here and now my hair is on the mend.

Long story short, I would never ever put this on my hair again. Two Joico K-pak reconstructor treatments (I'm posting my review on this wonderful product next) later, my hair is just now starting to feel like hair again instead of a soggy broom.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by lodtcd4

DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT! Especially on light hair! My hair is so bad, I'm considering getting a lawyer! I am sitting right now with leave in conditioner on, my head in a bag, and a heating pad wrapped around my head! BULLSH@T! I have a fried mullet! I showed some stylists last night and they were Shocked and Laughing. I didnt think it was funny! My hair is RUINED!

22 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Chia6000

DO NOT BUY THIS. I cannot BELIEVE this product was approved to be placed on the market by a MAJOR "beauty" company. I am completely disgusted and disappointed.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by goldee

I used this on my daughter's frizzy, wavy, thick hair. It took a long time to use the kit, blow dry and then iron. I followed package directions to the letter. Her hair was less frizzy after air drying, but only for about two weeks after using the product. It gradually turned frizzier than I've ever seen it. It's so furry! I hope she can forgive me.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by saigon1093

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I had reservations about this product, I was glad that I used it. My hair is relatively straight but after using this product it make it sleek and straight. I am very happy with the results. I have read other reviews and a lot seem to be unhappy with their results, which i can understand. I don't believe it is for everyone. And i would agree the smell was pretty bad but afterwhile I got use to it. I also read the Q/A on their website and that helped out a lot. Since they ddin't menation anything about colored hair, you have to be careful when using this product.

All that said, I would use again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by rory13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bottom line, it smells bad, it 's heavy, and it just doesn't work. My hair is straight and fine so I am no stranger to flyaways in humid weather. I have tried just about every smoothing product out there. I wish I hadn't tried this! The first step smelled exactly like Nair and I was scared to death that my hair would fall out, but I pressed on. After I rinsed I didn't lose any hair so I thought hey maybe a good sign. Nope. The second cream was so heavy I could only use about a quarter of the bottle. The first blow dry came out super smooth so I thought it was all worth it! AGAIN, NO. Day 2 came and went and the flyaways were the same as always. Today was my first wash day, and when I blew dry my ends are like straw. Worse than the flat iron could ever imagine. This evening I have a date with the deep conditioner. This stuff was hyped to high heaven, and frankly, it sucks. I will never buy Garnier products again.

***Edit*** The deep conditioner only worked marginally (I used Joico K-Pak) so I went to see my stylist. I told her about the reviews here and she was appalled. I ended up getting 3 inches cut off my hair and it's back to good again. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT! It needs to be pulled from the market.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 7:49:00 AM More reviews by lvmkup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Seriously, when I first saw this product, I rushed home and signed on to see if anyone had reviewed it. It was brand new, so there were no reviews. I purchased to use on my sisters hair. I followed the directions exactly, and her otherwise poofy, frizzy, hair turned out beautifully. It's silky, smooth and has remained frizz free for more than 7 shampoos. Everyone that has seen her hair has commented on how pretty it is.