November 28, 2014 | 2066 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by jwalk839

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I. LOVE. THIS. PALETTE. This was one of my first "high end" beauty purchases, having been a drugstore beauty gal most of my life. That being said, I now COMPLETELY understand why people pay ridic amounts of money for certain high end make up. These shadows are wonderfully pigmented, have GREAT staying power, and are so smooth and blend-able. The colors are very versatile and can be used to create any number of day time AND night time looks. I use Sin, Buck, and Toasted almost every day. Sidecar has a ton of fallout, but the color itself is beautiful, and I find that holding a small amount of tissue under the eye while applying solves the fallout problem pretty well. I feel that $50 for this palette is a little overpriced, but at the same time, they are the absolute best shadows I've ever used. It also comes with a mini Primer Potion and a quality eye shadow brush, so I feel this justifies the price a little bit. Despite the price, I would definitely repurchase. I can't wait to try Naked 3 as well! *drool*

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by tresbelle15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Packaging:
I really like the velvety feel of the packaging, but it's really difficult to clean. I've also noticed the letters have begun to chip off a little, which is slightly annoying for such an expensive product.

Price:
A little pricey at $52, but definitely worth the price.

Pros:
-Beautifully pigmented
-Lasts long
-Blend well

Cons:
-Pricey

Texture:
The shadows are very silky and smooth, which makes them easy to blend into each other. They're really easy to apply because of their texture.

Smell:
None

Comments:
I've used this almost every day since I purchased it in October! All the colors are incredibly gorgeous and look perfect on all skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by sweetsparkless

Great, long lasting colors that can compliment any skintone when applied correctly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Clairce1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't use it as often as I'd like ( I have so many other shadows and nearly all UD) but I love it. I do end up with a glittery face though. It will last a long time probably longer than it's recommended eye shadows should be kept.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very good quality eye shadows that does not fade away, as many others do (including Nars - dissapointment). Love the golden, brown, beige shades. Wonderful, can't get better than that. For $52 it's good deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by fesherton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using this palette for a week now. So, I think I can give some feedback on the questions/concerns at least I had prior to purchasing. I really debated prior to buying this because I had read some comments that this does not look flattering on mature eyes. Well, my mature eyes are looking pretty good! I`m 48 and I would say I look my age. ..meaning that I do not have perfectly smooth skin. Also, I am fair complexion, dark brown eyes, and reddish brown hair.

I do like the entire Naked palette. Today, the only shadow I dipped into that is not in this palette was a brow highlight (Wet N Wild single called Brulee). The lightest color in this palette (Virgin) is quite pretty, but too shimmery for under the brow in my opinion. I have used Virgin in the inner corner and under my bottom lash line for a pretty brightening effect.

The shadows in this palette are all so luscious that I was eager to try them all! So, the first few days I did not come up with good looks simply because I was a bit too enthusiastic. I couldn`t decide which to use so I wound up using too many colors at once LOL. I also blended too much and just had a lovely blur without definition. Now that I have learned to curb my enthusiasm and understand that not much blending is even required, I am LOVING the result.

**So, all you over-40 lovelies don`t be shy. This palette is for us too!**

Now I desire Naked 2 & 3

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by genarod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just to a disclaimer:: I feel like the love for naked palettes is totally subjective and based on personal style and your COLORING!! That being said I am basing *this* review on my coloring.

NC15, yellow undertoned with some surface discoloration from acne scarring, medium brown hair with some natural reddish highlights, and medium-dark brown eyes.

*For me* I strongly disliked this palette, and was very disappointed after I purchased it. I am going to break down the colors, and more importantly, explain how they appeared on *my* skin.

Virgin-- I didn't like this color in the naked basics palette, so obviously I am still not a fan of it. It's described as a satin, but I always found it a bit frosty myself. It is a sheer tone, neutral white with a bit of shimmer. it has more shimmer in it than I personally like for a brow highlight or base. I don't think the shimmer would be so unlikeable to me if the color payoff was better, but I always found the color payoff in virgin to be poor.

Sin- described as a champagne shimmer, this is a NOTORIOUS UD shade that almost everyone has heard of. This color works for a lot of people, so I have to give it props it has excellent color payoff, it is buttery and the color deposits true to pan on the lids. On me-- sin is AWFUL--- This color pulls super pink on my lids and I look like I just finished a huge sneezing fit-- or that I'm high. For my coloring, this is just horrendous eyeshadow color.

Naked- described as a buff matte. Naked is aptly named as it is invisible on me. I guess this could be could for putting over other shadows to blend out the harshness of a look. That is the only use I could see for this as it is wayyyyy too light for a crease shade..

Sidecar- described as a beige sparkle. This color is a glitterbomb with major fallout. Hate it.

Buck- described as a brown matte- I find this color wayyyy too warm. It is obviously deliberately warm, but I don't like it. In my crease or as a wash on the lids, this just makes me look sickly.

Half Baked- "bronze". I don't see so much bronze-- this color is super gold. It's a nice color, true to pan, and great color payoff. However it is way too much on its own, and I think it definitely needs more neutral colors to balance it out. I found the colors in the N1 palette too warm to really be able to find combinations to make this shade work. I find half baked much more user friendly in N2...

Smog- "golden brown shimmer"-- this color is BEAUTIFUL. easily my favorite color in the palette. and I may buy the single of it eventually.

Darkhorse- "plum bronze shimmer". This is an OK color, however it pulls a bit muddy on me. I tried using it on lids and also as a lower lash liner, and both times it looked quite muddy, and I ended up washing it off..

Toasted- "taupe bronze". IMO there is NOTHING taupe about toasted. It is SUPPPERRRR pink. This color was hilarious on me, I looked like I just got out of a Cypress Hills concert-- especially when I attempted to pair it with Sin.

Hustle- "mocha shimmer"-- thought it would make a nice liner. it was ok, I would have preferred it was less red.

Creep- I don't use blacks a lot anyway, so I didn't experiment too much with creep. The color payoff isn't the greatest, and like many I would have preferred matte.

Gunmetal-- "dark grey metallic"-- and definitely the most baffling color in the palette. Even huge fans of N1 don't seem to know why this color is placed here. It is a HIGHLY cool toned grey, in fact it even appears very blue in the pan. I guess UD added it to cool down a very warm, bronze toned palette but IMO gunmetal does not work AT ALL-- because it doesn't really "play well" with any of the other color selections in the palette. I think I would have liked a more neutral gray metallic, the massive amount of blue in this made me look like a zombie-- and I happen to like gray eyeshadow.

So that was my breakdown of the palette on my skin.

I felt like it was useful for me to add my review because:
A- it is HARD to find reviews/tutorials/demos online of women lighter than N20 using either palette... For me personally it's been hard to find how these colors would swatch on MY skintone.

B- It's also hard to find reviews on how this palette plays on women with light skin, but dark hair/eyes.

C- on a LOT of reviews, people say that WARM toned people like N1, and COOL toned prefer N2, and I'm definitely WARM and looked terrible in most of the N1 shades.

I think a more accurate assessment is that N1 plays better with light/medium, medium, tan and warmer olive complexions. The many bronze tones in this palette are so good at adding a depth and toastiness to a bronzey, warm complexion. But if you are PALE with YELLOW undertone-- you're gonna find the colors PEACHY and very hard to work with. I definitely did, I looked sick with most of the shades in the palette.

For the record I LOVE LOVE Naked 2, and plan to write a review for N2 soon. But that's my take on N1.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Kellie183

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I own all the naked palettes and this is still by far my favourite. I don't know how I lived without it. The colours are perfect and I love the shimmers and mattes. The colours blend perfectly and it's super hard to mess up a look because the quality is amazing compared to drugstore shadows. It's lasted me 6 months without a dent so far. Great price for 12 full size colours

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by hannahn631

Was after a palette of neutral, warm toned shadows. The shadows apply and blend very easily, comes with a handy brush and primer potion to try. Very happy with the colour selection as someone who tends to stick to more natural looks, and love the crease and highlight colours. Worth the hype if you're after warm tones, if you want cooler tones definitely go with the Naked 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave into the hype and picked this up a year ago as a birthday gift for myself. And I do like it! The shades are the usual Urban Decay formulation, soft, buttery, creamy, and pigmented! I have a very small lid (Hooded eyes) so I prefer two shadows on my lid/crease max or else it starts to look a bit overwhelmed and I love this pallet for that! It has a good amount of lid shades, as well as crease/outer corner shades. And some darker shades for a great smokey eye! The only shades I dislike/never reach for are creep and gunmetal. I find they're just not as soft, and blendable as the other shades, nor is the colour up to par. Lovely pallet overall though!