Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I don't exactly have to lay out the details, as everyone else in the world already has.

If I were never able to buy any eyeshadow for the rest of my life, if Naked 1 had been my last purchase, I'd be just fine. It's everything I could ever need and is of exceptional quality.

on 10/12/2014 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this palette. It is great for me because I am fair skinned and I can still get a smokey eye look without looking like a whore (lol). The only reason I gave the packaging such a low number is that this should come with a brush, which it doesn't. The larger NAKED palettes do, but this smaller one doesn't. Looking forward to trying the NAKED2 small palette.

on 10/10/2014 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

For reference I am around NC15, give or take a shade of two depending on season, with dark brown eyes. I find myself using this palette almost daily, it is truly versatile and a real stable. I can do everything from a very subtle natural look, to a dramatic smokey eye. There are two matte shades in this, Naked and Buck. The rest of the shades are shimmery, but thankfully no glitter bombs. The only shade I do not use is Gunmetal, which is just to cool for me. Virgin was the first shade I hit the pan on since I use it as a brow bone highlight with all looks. The price seems a bit steep, but considering the price of single eyeshadows it's a fair deal.

on 10/10/2014 2:01:00 AM

I'm not huge on eyeshadows since I like a minimal/natural look. The NAKED1 suffices pretty much all my eye-makeup needs since it can create looks both natural and dramatic. I also own the NAKED3 (which I purchased in a consumerist-fueled shopping rage and harbor residual regrets about). Between the two I'd say that the NAKED1 suits me best.

I am a light-medium with yellow undertones (your average Asian skin tone) and all these colors work quite well on my lids. The intensity of the shadow is of course quite nice and on par with other UD products, and when partnered with the Primer Potion it sticks on fairly well even under humidity and sweat.

The only thing that I don't like about this palette is the packaging. The velvet case attracts too much dust and it greatly diminishes the overall luxury look. I prefer the packaging on the NAKED3 to this one for sure.

on 10/1/2014 10:32:00 AM

i bought this palette because there are so many hype about how good this palette is, but no. Just no. It is an ok palette with an ok colours but nothing really special about it though, except for the pigmentation and staying power. I am actually disappointed with this palette because i put my hopes so high, that i thought this will be the love of my life just like the rest of you guys, but no.
The colour half baked that so many people talked about didn't work for me. The colour is just average, nothing special about it just like the other colours. The colour creep and gunmetal doesn't look appealing to me so don't really use them. There are only 3 colours that i gravitate towards to which are sidecar, hustle and toasted but thats it.
I find myself reaching for the naked3 more often than this palette because the colours are so much more unique and i love it. Plus my other palettes has better colours than this palette does. so yeah, i wouldn't repurchase.

on 9/20/2014 5:37:00 AM

It's an oldy but a goody. Neutral palettes come and go but Naked really is a good solid staple palette that has stood the test of time and just as popular now as when it was first released.

I have a good variety of neutral palettes in my stash which also include naked 2 and 3, but there's just something about the original that makes it appealing to revisit time and time again. Urban decay shadows are great quality and this very versatile palette does not disappoint. It does only contain two mattes but combined with one of the Naked basics palettes works beautifully for a huge variety of combinations.

on 9/16/2014 6:33:00 PM

It's not BROWN ITS ORANGE! Why is this only me???

on 9/11/2014 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I may be the only person who doesn't love this. It's expensive. You get a small amount of shadow in a bulky compact. I love the shades but maybe I'm just becoming an old lady or something because all the sparkle is just too much for me. The texture is above average but wet n wild is so much cheaper and way better texture with no fallout.

on 9/11/2014 4:59:00 AM

LOVE this. The colours are so beautiful. Such a good buy!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I got the NAKED2 palette first. i fell absolutely in love with it. then I got the other two. This palette is amazing. i think it's for anyone. it's a little pricey, but it's so worth it. don't walk, run. buy this.

Popular Palettes

The Nudes
The Nudes
Contour Kit
Contour Kit
NAKED
NAKED

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty