April 18, 2014 | 908 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - M Signature Real Complete B.B. Cream SPF 25 PA++

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For reference: very sensitive, dry, fragile Rosacean skin. Neutral NW/NC10.
So I've been doing lots of research on BB Creams lately and I ordered a few samples to try. First let me say BB Cream is no miracle product. Basically it's just a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen. It will never replace your ordinary sunscreen because the little amount of BB Cream needed (pea-size for the whole face & neck) won't give you sufficient protection.
Most BB Creams have a greyish tone to it but they oxidize to adjust to your particular skin tone. In general they are suited for fair-medium toned skin but there are some suitable for pale skins.
I tried Holika Holika Peach Girl BB Cream in shade #1. Nice, moisturizing BB Cream. Lovely peachy pink cream blush in the cap. Decent shade match; maybe a tad too dark. Unfortunately this one broke me out.
Next I tried Skin79 VIP Gold BB Cream. This shade is way too dark for my skin. Otherwise nice BB Cream for slightly dry-normal skin.
Then I tried Missha M Signature Real Complete BB Cream in shade #21. I loved the silky texture and coverage, didn't irritate my skin and was moisturizing but this shade was too dark. So I ordered the lightest shade, #13 and this was perfect.
I have been wearing this BB Cream for quite some time now and I'm very pleased. It offers more coverage than your average tinted moisturizer, gives a dewey finish and is easy to apply. After using my regular moisturizer I apply a few dots allover my face and blend with a damp sponge. A little dusting of powder and I'm good to go.
No complaints about the price either: I ordered mine off eBay from a reliable seller for only 11 Euro (tube 20ml). Most of my foundations are way more expensive.
If you have very fair skin, I highly recommend checking out this BB Cream (or the Missha Perfect Cover) in shade #13.
UPDATE 4/1/2013: Still love this BB Cream; so much I actually repurchased a tube and I never finished up a foundation/TM/BB Cream before!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Annakie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my new favorite makeup!

PROS:
-- Natural finish
-- Good longevity, stays on oily skin without sliding or separating
-- Contains natural physical sunblock (no stinging chemical sunscreen, woo!)
-- Like most BB creams, shades adjust to your skin as long as you get the one that's right for your undertone, so no exact color match is needed
-- Quicker to apply than primer + liquid foundation + powder

CONS:
-- Can be pricey if you can't find it on sale
-- I think you can only find it online in the U.S.
-- Still requires concealer/powder if you're prone to blemishes

This is the second BB cream I've tried, and I'm a huge fan. I have very fair skin with cool-to-neutral undertones that can be hard to match (NW15 is pretty close--most makeup for fair skin tends to be too pink for me), and No. 13 Milky Beige is a great match for me. It does tend to look a little dull when first applied, but after giving it a few minutes to blend into my skin, it looks very natural and evens out my skin tone wonderfully. It has a slight floral fragrance that I only notice sometimes when first applying, but it doesn't linger. I tend to have a couple of blemishes, so I add concealer and a dusting of powder on top. It's also a nice base for mineral foundation. Even in my oily t-zone, this makeup stays on all day and does not separate. I'm not sure it does much to control the oil, but it doesn't exacerbate the problem, either.

If you're picky about the ingredients you put on your face on a daily basis, this may be the best BB cream on the market right now. The only other two I know of that are paraben-free are by Clinique and Smashbox, and both of those have chemical sunscreens. While the list of ingredients is rather intimidating in length, checking them out on CosDNA or EWG's Skin Deep database doesn't turn up as many worrisome chemicals as most other BB creams -- I could do without the fragrance and the aluminium compounds, but there are no parabens, chemical sunscreens, questionable preservatives, etc. A lot of the ingredients are natural extracts with some supposed benefits for your skin -- I can't say whether they do something or not, but I don't think they hurt. There's not much to worry about in terms of comedogenic ingredients, either. There are some minor comedogens, but they're so far down in the list that they're unlikely to cause problems. I also really appreciate that they use natural barrier sunscreens--zinc oxide and titanium dioxide--in this BB cream (although these are the types that can cause that ghost-face look in photos, depending on the proportion they're used in).

The packaging of this product also is nice -- I especially like the pump top with a cap for transport. The tube itself looks like plastic enclosed in a thick plastic shell embossed with flower designs -- kind of girly but also kind of high-end looking for a plastic tube. I haven't reached the end of my first tube yet, so I can't speak to how well it spits out the last bit of product.

The main drawback to this product so far is the price and having to order it online. The Missha website lists the retail price of this BB cream at $46 -- luckily it's usually 30% or 40% off, so you shouldn't pay more than $32 or so. Note that they don't accept returns on used makeup, so if the color doesn't work out for you, you're stuck with it. You'll also have to pay for shipping unless you purchase two tubes at a time. However, this isn't terrible considering my other go-to liquid foundation costs more than $40 a bottle and also really needs a primer to go under it.

So, if you're going to try a BB cream, I highly recommend this one. It's not perfect, but it's close enough -- I'll be ordering another tube as soon as warm weather returns and I start spending more time outside.

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by anitafied

MY FAVORITE BB CREAM I'VE TRIED SO FAR :D! It is almost a perfect match for my NC30-ish skin in the winter. It does not feel heavy and it stays on allll day long without me setting it. I have been using a sponge to apply it now a days. the BEST part is that it does not break me out and i have super sensitive/acne prone skin. Not much oil control but then again i'm an oil slick -__- i've been using it for a little over a year and still on my first bottle. awessommmeeeeee <3
i have a full review on my blog if you would like to see!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by JeanWhite714

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I gave the price on Missha Signature a 5 because I got it on sale for $20. Missha facebook runs mad sales all the time.

The coverage is luminous yet natural, I love it! I am curious about the treatment aspects of this cream...such as the Syn ake that appears in more expensive products like Peter Thomas Roth. Time will tell!

I also own Missha's Cho Bo Yang, but slightly prefer this bb cream. The packaging is so elegant and easy to dispense.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by rachelmarisa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Colour I thought would be too dark oxidized perfectly
Not orangey at all
Excellent coverage
Pump!
Pleasant smell
Not oily or drying
One pump=more than enough for almost full coverage
Good consistency
Expensive
Long shipping (I live in the US, bought from sasa.com)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by itsbeauti

My skin tone is medium and I live in a hot country in Asia with very sensitive skin and very oily t-zone. It was pretty too light for me at shade #21 even after it had oxidized.

At first application, I totally loved it. It can provide me medium to full coverage and completely conceals my dark blemishes. It is not grayish either. I would set it with loose powder.

However, I noticed that after two hours, I started to become really oily. Also, when it is too hot, it becomes very cakey on my face and is not good at all. I tried using a different powder but with same results. I tried changing the way I apply it like using smaller amount and trying to blend it more but to no avail.

Also, I used it again and was exposed to heat then suddenly cold temperature. It was really cakey after two and a half hours and there's no way to correct it but remove it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this BB cream. First of all, the color is a great match for me, doesn't leave a white cast, and feels nice and moisturising without being greasy. Texture is quite watery and light and easy to blend in. My favourite BB Cream out of the many that I tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by anaelleee

This is my second bb cream, and I had pretty high hopes for this(I got this in shade #21) and im not impressed.

So the good things about this product is that the coverage is decent and since my face is already pretty oily, this didnt add to its oilyness as this cream felt like a "second skin", which is great because no one likes to feel greasy all day.

The other good thing about this is the packaging, it looks pretty nice! However, I find the pump a little hard to control..I just got this today and tried it twice and so much product came out.... =S
The other con about this bb cream is that it gives me a grey-ish tone to my skin, maybe its too light? but shade #23 is too dark for me! *sigh* It is also very heavily scented, which is something that makes me cringe a bit every time i apply it, due to my sensitive skin.

This cream didnt look natural on me at all, especially in natural lighting, and let's face itm we can't hide in our room all day with this on our face to avoid it from looking unnatural outdoors! I will most likely use this to mix with foundations that are too dark, as this does have a grey-ish/paler tint which would help with darker/orange-y shades. Price-wise, def sort of pricy though..but I like how the ingredients are more natural than an many creams out there nowadays!

*EDIT--
It doesnt break me out too much, but the oil control is pretty bad. It feels greasy an hour or so upon application! (even with powder over it!)! The other issue I discovered is that it accentuates the flakier areas of my face, such as around my nose and my pimples ):

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 7:44:00 AM More reviews by sineenad

i'm very happy with this product. I have Asian skin. Not oily at all. I love when it has natural look, light and it's really perfect on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

This is my first bb purchase - I purchased this from Missha website and received a free sample box with the purchase with three bb creams and their remover. I was very impressed with the value and their service. And so far I love all their products. I have these brown spots on my face that drive me nuts and these help to cover them as well as add SPF protection to prevent them from getting worse. Used and blended correctly this product goes a long way in producing a flawless looking face. I will definitely be repurchasing!