NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 9/1/2013 8:29:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The product is nice but the applicator packaging is terrible.
It turns yellow when it goes off and can separate in the tube.

My eyeshadow does look better but some times it ruins my base make up if I apply it to my lower lash line area.

I'm on my second tube, applying this with a clean brush is better than the applicator or fingers.

on 9/1/2013 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

best eye primer i have ever tried (including UDPP, TFSI, mac paint pots, mac prep and prime, benefit). used to be loyal to urban decay before this but nars blows that out of the water! this is the only thing that manages to stop my eyeshadow and liner from creasing throughout the day. comes in a lipgloss style tube with doe foot applicator, would have been better if this was in a squeeze tube to get the last bit of product out easier but only small drawback. colourless on the lid so will not correct any discolouration/redness if that's what you are looking for. HG item for me. will definitely re-purchase once finished!

on 8/29/2013 9:35:00 PM

Fabulous eye primer! First eye primer I've ever used, and I can't imagine better. If I put makeup on in the morning, I hardly need to touch it up when going out at night. A little expensive, but a good investment as it will last if you don't use it for every single day wear.

on 8/27/2013 1:33:00 PM

So much better than UD PP for me! I hated UD because it felt so heavy but Nars feels really light. Better than UD for longevity too. My shadows don't crease and colors look true to pan.

on 8/21/2013 1:24:00 PM

This is my holy grail eye shadow primer! I have very oily eyelids compared to my normal/dry skin and not even urban decay primer potion would prevent my eye shadows from creasing. Not only does it make my eye shadows not crease and last all day, but it also brighten ups my eyelid and almost makes my eyelids not oily weather I wear eye shadow that day or not. It does not have a strong scent to me at all, its texture is almost tacky feeling (not in a bad way) once you blend it on your eyelid and/or put eye shadow on the tacky-ness goes away. I'm already on my third tube of this product and could not image applying eye shadows without it. I would highly recommend this product to someone who has oily eyelids if primer potion or shadow insurance did not work for you!

on 8/19/2013 12:49:00 AM

It's not that great. I find ud primer potion is the same.

on 8/18/2013 8:23:00 PM

it works. this is heavy duty. still easy to blend, color looks the same. are there eye primer products out there cheaper? sure. it all comes down to preference. used udpp in the bottle for years, but now there are others available finally just as good

on 7/30/2013 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is great!!! My eyeshadow really stays put and stands out so much better when I use this product. I love it!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Um...wow. This stuff is great. I'd heard from a lot of people that this was sort of the creme de la creme of eye primers, and they weren't kidding. I tend to stick with the Courtney Love-esque eyeliner-circle-that-looks-like-it-was-drawn-with-crayon-look, so by the end of the day, some of it has inevitably smeared somewhere, but not with this. Even on my lower lashline, everything looked almost as fresh as when I'd first applied it. I've got quite oily skin too, so this was AMAZING to see.

I docked a point because of the price (half the tube is a brush! I've never seen a lid like that before) and because this is not so great with eye shadows. While they'll stay put all day, this makes it substantially harder to apply and blending virtually impossible. But if you put some work into it, the pay off is totally worth it.

on 7/11/2013 10:28:00 PM

This eye primer didn't do anything. It didn't make my eyeshadows last any longer than not using anything. I returned it because it was a waste of a step.

Top Rated NARS Products