Yes To Carrots Yes To Cucumbers Face Cleanser Towelettes

2.7

Water/Aqua, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Sodium Benzoate, Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe Vera), Sea Salt /Maris Sal (Dead Sea Mineral Salts), Camelia Sinensis Extract (Organic Green Tea Extract), Cucumis Sativus Extract (Organic Cucumber Extract), Benzoic Acid, Parfum/Fragrance, Xanthan Gum, Dehydroacetic Acid, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Citric Acid

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've used SOO many different kinds of makeup remover wipes. Name brand, store brand, all kinds of that stuff. So I try these 98% natural 'soothing' hypoallergenic makeup wipes and they BURN like I've never had before! I've used the cheapest makeup wipes out there and my face has never reacted poorly to it. And these wipes that are made to be soothing, natural, and gentle absolutely burn my eyes when I try to remove eye makeup. It just baffles me how this happens. My skin is the least sensitive skin I know, so for these to burn is pretty crazy. Please if you have sensitive skin at all, STEER CLEAR!

I really liked these towelettes! I use them to wipe off my makeup before I cleanse my face and it really feels like they are getting all the foundation and concealer off my face. But I definitely would not use this as a sole facial cleanser. They're intended for sensitive skin but it seems from reading a few of these reviews that maybe they don't do so well.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

After reading a review below and double-checking the packaging on my Yes to Cucumbers travel towelettes, it doesn't state on my package to not use on the eye area. My package states: "Gently wipe face and neck to cleanse and rid skin of impurities and makeup. No need to rinse. You're on your way!" No specific warning about the eye area anywhere to be found here.

So I used them on my eye area, and it stung horribly and required rinsing. Went quite a while without using them again until the last couple of days, and yes, absolutely avoid the eye area. Yowza.

Skin doesn't feel clean unless I before or after wash with my regular mild cleanser (Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash), but that's been the case with any wipe I've used thus far. Helps with removing makeup though.

I won't likely purchase these for myself (received this pack as an extra in a swap).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Brought this at target due to sale and I been wanting to try it out for some time. At first I loved it, it took my make up off, but as time went on. It wasn't doing the proper job anymore. And also, it started to sting my face, made it feel like my face was on fire. I would not be buying this again or using it again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

So far, I like these. They are refreshing, make my oily skin feel clean, and smell good. I keep a pack in my bathroom and one in my bag. Unfortunatly I didnt realize that this is an anti-acne product. I dont have acne, and while my skin is oily, I fear these will be too harsh to use long-term. I will probably purchase one of the other Yes To wipes when these are gone.

Edit: I have to change my review. I've been using these wipes two, sometimes three times per day, and my skin feels and looks so much better it's insane. I use them in the evening to remove my makeup, and then again in the morning to remove the night's oil and grime. I've stopped washing my face with soap, and my skin feels softer, looks better, and I don't get greasy nearly as fast as I did even a month ago (even in the hot weather). I LOVE these! I will definitely be repurchasing.

PLEASE NOTE:

This product specifically says DO NOT USE ON EYES in small text on the back. I think a lot of people who are complaining about this being irritating to the eyes need to look at their products packaging more. DO NOT USE ON OR NEAR THE EYES!

When looking up the ingredients (which is a rather short list) it is apparent that the harmful and irritating chemicals and ingredients in other facial wipes are not present. However, because of this, it may not work as effectively at removing makeup as other wipes. You win some, you lose some. They took all of my makeup with ease, however.

The one ingredient to point out, however, is Benzoic Acid- an ingredient that can be irritating to the skin and may cause breakouts. I did find these wipes to have a weird stinging sensation, but it wasn't terribly uncomfortable.

They smell like cucumbers, which is nice.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Such a disappointment. Was lured in by the nice packaging and the Allure pink circle that usually means a product isn't total crap. Sadly, the little pink circle lied to me this time. I expected soothing, but got an alarming stinging sensation followed by redness. And, it didn't even do a good job of removing my eye makeup. Had to rub my eyes more than with other wipes I've used to get the eye liner off, which left my eye lids feeling a bit worked over. Sigh. This one is straight for the bin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It just irritated my skin. I used it to take off my makeup (which it didn't do well) and I felt a slight tingling sensation at first but then it developed into a slight burning sensation. It just made my acne prone areas bright red and the next day my skin still looked inflamed! I developed small bumps along my cheek bones and I never break out on my cheekbones! I am really disappointed with this product. I would not recommend.

I really don't understand why so many "soothing" and "hypoallergenic" products end up being more irritating then just the regular. I was really excited for these at first because usually my skin like cucumber and I try to be as all natural as possible. But after the first little bit of using these they began to make my skin burn and turn red :/ However it smells great.

Big major poo at first I was like oh this is nice cleansing feeling that Dead Sea minerals scrubbing away on my skin getting all my gunk off. Next minute eyes burning next minute my whole face turns bright red and stays this way for an hour. Way to harsh for my skin and dried it out to feel like a cucumber, would not recommend. Also I had to use two to three of the suckers just to get my makeup off whilst my face was stinging. I thought cucumber was calming but in this one think again!