October 21, 2014 | 968 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kiehl's - Midnight Recovery Concentrate

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by whocareswhoiam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Whenever my face feels dry or in need of some extra nourishment to repair itself from exposure to dry climate or aggressive conditions, I use a "drop" of this serum over my Olay Regenerist Serum. It is lightweight, paraben-free and feels like oil. The oil spreads easily and absorbs quickly. The lavender oil smells great and is very relaxing in the evenings. The primrose oil is very soothing. Vitamin E is healing.

It is also wonderful to use when I feel stressed or after a long airplane flight. Works wonders to restore the skin from these situations.

Because of the oily texture, it tends to be heavy, so truly a drop is all that is needed on my normal but sensitive skin type. I do not use this daily. It is a special treatment used when needed. It does seem to do the trick overnight too!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by sparrows

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing! It's painfully expensive, but it works wonders on my skin. I have very dry skin, which can get dull if it isn't heavily moisturized every night. Since I've started using this product, my skin looks alive, and much more even. I have a patch of hyperpigmentation on my cheek that has become pretty much unnoticeable to everyone except me. If you have acne-prone skin, I wouldn't get scared away by the fact that it's an oil. When my friend who has acne got a sample after hearing all my raving, she only used two or three drops and this didn't cause any breakouts for her, but she also noticed the difference in her skin. If you can bear the cost, I would definitely recommend this because your skin will not know what hit it. It'll be so happy, and so will you!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by acspanks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm obsessed with this product! It's definitely an oil as opposed to a typical serum, which disappointed me when I first bought it. I was worried it would make my face greasy and breakout but it leaves my skin so soft and supple. It says to use it at night but I use it at night and before I put my make-up on in the morning. I put a drop underneath each of my eyes as well, and my concealer goes on great. I also love the smell of it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Pyxxeestyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff... It lasts forever and does not clog my pores, yet leaves me feeling moisturized. I don't get that shiny look as it sinks in pretty fast, but my boyfriend does say I smell like "tree bark" after I put it on.. I love it though!

I've been using it for well over a year, and have had no problems. But it isnt a miracle face serum... its nice because its natural but as I get older ill look for something with more anti aging properties.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2012 5:21:00 AM More reviews by becleesteere

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Let me start off by saying that I am a Kiehl's fan. Kiehl's is my go-to brand so I *really* wanted to like this but alas...

The midnight recovery concentrate feels more like an oil than a serum and then sits as a greasy layer over my parched dry skin. 1hr later my hubby asks me why I looked so shiny. Yup - it just never absorbed into my skin. What a pain!!

Such a pity. It even comes in such a pretty little blue bottle. *sighs*

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 5:07:00 AM More reviews by dpetals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was worried that this product would be oily esp because i have sensitive skin. But it wasn't. And I tend to get nights where i just sleep with aloe vera gel only, and this is a good substitute for the gel.

Over the last few weeks, I have noticed a reduction in blemishes. I have also woken up to glow-y skin. I get hormonal acne now and then and i have to say that that too has reduced a little. Overall, good buy for people who can't do the whole night moisturizer thing.

I think this works very well with the Powerful strength line reducing concentrate.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by xxrocy

I really like this product. Makes my skin look amazing. The next day I wake u fresh and glowing, with super smooth skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by SoraHime

This product is great. It does leave your skin soft and supple. I too was not a fan of face serums that needs to be left on the skin for extended period of time as I have sensitive skin but this product earned my trust.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is so lovely! I have a lot of products but this one is one of my all time favorites. The smell is soo nice(I love lavender) and the skin really does look and feel great in the morning. I bought lots of the bottles as presents for friends and all of them loves this concentrate!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by MartiniSmiles

So I've tried the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum and loved it but saw so many raves about the Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate so decided to buy this after I had finished my Estee Lauder ANR serum... and now I wished I had spent my money on the ANR instead. The ANR is hydrating and seems to improve the texture of my skin significantly. It also seems to heal any new scars that I get from a pimple very nicely. I can also use the product by itself and it absorbs into my skin easily. The Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate, on the other hand, is moisterizing (not hyrdating) and I have to apply it with another serum or moisterizer for it to absorb on my skin, otherwise I feel like its just sitting on top of my skin. Plus I'm not sure if I've really seen any improvements in my skin since using this product... and since I only use 2-3 drops a night, the bottle is going to last me a VERY long time...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No