Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate

3.8

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Squalane, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil/Rosehip Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis Oil/Evening Primrose Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil/Jojoba Seed Oil, Coriandrum Sativum Oil/Coriander Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Lavandula Angustifolia oil/Lavender Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil/Geranium Oil, Linalool, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil/Rosemary Leaf Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Cucumis Sativus Extract/Cucumber Fruit Extract, Curcuma Longa Extract/Turmeric Root Extract, Limonene, Citral, Sclareolide, Rosa Spp/Rose Flower Oil, Jasminum Officinale Extract/Jasmine Extract, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil fmla 685449/18 Code F.I.L: D39273/5

on 2/1/2013 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I received a deluxe sample of this (4ml) and I did end up purchasing the full size bottle (along with the eye creme which I also love). I'll start off by saying I have very fair skin, sort of sensitive, but overall i'd say it's normal. I feel like my skin types are really prone to looking dull, at least mine is anyway, especially in the winter months (can you say borderline grey skin!)! I was really pleased with how brightened my face looked in the morning. The couple breakouts I had healed very fast. I am usually not sold on serums and other "miracle" skincare products as I have tried samples of dozens and dozens of serums from all sorts of high end labels and was never ever impressed like I was with this.
Anyway, I like how I only need 2 drops and my whole face feels comfortable. I wouldn't say I feel insanely moisturised or anything, but for me it's a very nice balanced comfortable feeling. I think people who like a really moisturised creamy feel on their skin before bed might not like this, but I guess you can put your creme over this, haven't tried.
I'm not a scent-freak, but this smells really nice. I did not find it overwhelming, but I wear and use essential oils a lot so maybe it doesn't affect me. It's definitely 100% a "natural" smelling product.
Ask for a sample before you buy, sold me on it, I love it!

**** I should also mention that the sample card I got said to pat this gently onto the skin and never smear it.. Not sure why the full-size bottle doesn't say, but maybe the people who find this greasy are smearing it too much into their skin? Dunno, try patting it on.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

As I saw someone else point out, this is pretty much just a mixture of oils with some fragrance added to it. I sometimes use this as a moisture booster during the day when I don't feel like smearing on anything heavy. I love the herbal smell, and the face drinks this stuff up nicely and is left fresh and glowing, but other than the cosmetic benefit this doesn't do much for me. Will not repurchase.

on 1/25/2013 11:16:00 PM

Do your skin the biggest favor!! Buy this. Hands down the best skin treatment for night. I place one drop on forehead, one on each cheek and chin, every night, you wake up refreshed and no breakouts like most heavy night creams. This is a lightweight oil blend, the next day, I swear it actually helps control my oily combo skin. It's magic!! The eye cream that goes with it...not so much. Buy this!!! Lasts forever!

on 1/23/2013 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Nothing special about this. It's just a blend of oils, and not all of them are good. For example, jojoba oil, primrose oil and rose hip oil are good for your skin, but you wanna stay away from lavender, rosemary and fragant susbtances such as linalool, citronellol and limonene. I dislike when companies that claim to be "natural" use lots of perfume on their products. Seems like they put more effort on making fragrances for products that in producing good quality products, since this has 8 types of fragrances and way less beneficial ingredients for your skin. Overall, overpriced for what you get (a blend of 3-4 beneficial oils and tons of fragance) and not worth the hype.

on 1/10/2013 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hi,

I totally love this product. I have been using it for about 2 months now and I see so much of a difference on my face. I have been suffering from acne for some time and it has caused me a lot of pigmentation and discolouration.

I use this serum/oil as the last step in my night time routine. For me personally it makes my skin oily when I apply it. It bothered me in the beginning but when I woke the next morning, my face felt fresh and bright & with no signs of oil.

This also has a very soothing fragrance to it. The product claims to promote sleep but I don't think its entirely true but I definitely love what it does to my skin the next day.

I use about 2-3 drops every night so I am sure this 30ml bottle is going to last for looong time! So complaints about the price. Its totally worth! :)

on 1/1/2013 2:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this because I wanted an overnight face treatment as part of my winter skin care routine last year and since Kiehl's product were supposed to be really good I bought this along with the Avocado Eye cream.
When I first used this product I was a bit wary because it is an oil based product, which can break some people out.
It also contains lavender oil which some people might react to
At first it seemed that it was actually making my skin look healthier and evening out my skin tone while hydrating my dry skin but after using it for 3 months I didn't see any difference. My skin wasn't able to absorb the product well and it reverted back to being dry with red patches.

I have to say I am disappointed with this product especially for the price I paid it's not worth it.

For this winter I bought the Bio Oil, which was a lot cheaper and so far it works better than Kiehl's.

on 11/23/2012 2:11:00 AM

My favourite skincare item by far. There were periods when I stopped using this serum for no reason, perhaps I got bored or lazy and wanted to skip this step, but after introducing it back into my routine I always notice an immediate major improvement which begs the question why I would stop to begin with. I always wake up with radiant skin that looks plump and bright. I think this is an item that works best when integrated into a well established skincare regimen and a regular sleeping pattern.

on 11/13/2012 6:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This is an oil and I need two dropsto cover my whole face. The concentrate smells divine it has a calming lavender smell which is a perfect treat to put on before bed. After applying my face feels smooth, I always wake p with hydrated and refreshed skin after using this product I find it is especially useful in the colder winter months!

on 11/9/2012 5:22:00 PM

I've never had a product do nothing for my skin. I hate the herb smell, it doesn't absorb into my skin and when I wake up, my skin doesn't even look like it's been moisturized. AT ALL.

The only good thing I can say is that it's a good value? You only have to use a couple drops so even after 2 months of use, I still have almost a full bottle left lol.

on 11/6/2012 2:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After trying the sample, I wanted the full bottle of this concentrate. I'm not entirely sold on the packaging--the push-dropper may or may not be wasting product when I use it. I read reviews that people have found it is too greasy & doesn't sink into their skin. I'm finding that when I first apply (I use about three to four drops on nose, cheeks, forehead and work down my neck) I do look a bit greasy, but it eventually sinks in. The results are worth it--I look much better in the morning when I first wake up, and I'm hoping after continued use it will only get better.
I've paired this with their dark spot serum in the a.m. and I think it's a powerful duo. I'm almost out of the Avocado eye creme sample and am considering making a purchase of this as well. Trying to be good to my skin going into fall and winter as this is always my absolute worst time of year.
Will update if any significant improvements or changes.

Popular Treatments (Face)