LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

4.1

Isododecane, Talc, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, VP/Eicosene, Copolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG-40, Stearate, Propylene Carbonate , Beeswax (Cera Alba), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, 77491, 77492).

on 8/1/2011 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Although this makes eyeshadows go on like UDPP or maybe even better because it makes the shadows easier to blend, it did not make them last as long. :p which is why i choose UDPP over this one. the formulation and everything is just better for loracs, but it did not make my eye shadows LASTTT. D; you get soooo much product for your money on this though.

on 7/28/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

HG!! There is nothing bad I can say about this product. It lasts from the time I put it on in the mornings until the time I take it off at night. I will defnitley repurchase.

on 7/11/2011 2:01:00 AM

This is very similar in terms of texture and color to UDPP. It is ever so slightly silkier feeling. I am disappointed to report that on my oily, hooded lids this does not work nearly as well as UDPP for me. While I don't experience any creasing with this product, it does not seem to intensify the color as much as UDPP. More importantly, this primer doesn't prevent fading of my eyeshadows at all. I'm disappointed as LORAC is one of my favorite brands, but they just seemed to have failed in this department. I won't be repurchasing this one :(.

LOOOOOOOVE IT. Even the most horrid quality eyeshadow seems to work well with this. I gave a three for the packaging only because it is difficult to get the last bits of it out! But I love the squeezy tube.

My advice when using this is to make sure that you coat your lid evenly otherwise the eyeshadow may clump up in the area where you have over applied.

I said I would buy it again, but unfortunately you can't buy it in Australia. I can't wait for my next trip to the US!!

on 6/15/2011 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I recieved a deluxe sample from sephora and I instantly loved it. When my sample finally ran out i immediately purchased the full size. It fills the lines and wrinkles around my eyes and my make up goes on smoothly. Make up not only stays put but it also makes the colour of eyeshadows appear richer. A little ( the amount I use is the size of a rice grain per eye ) goes a long way so this tube will last.

This is how amazing this primer is. I applied my Lorac primer and eyeshadow around 3:00pm yesterday and when I went to go out around 11pm, it was still looked perfect. After a few cocktails I ended up going to bed with my makeup still on. The next morning my eyes still looked flawless! Wish I could say the same for the rest of my makeup that seemed to have shifted through the night.

on 5/21/2011 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Less drying than UDPP, less oily than TFSI, more effective than Tarte and all others. Dries clear and matte without emphasizing crepiness -- a perfect primer for mature lids. The price point is great and the packaging just right. Makes my powder AND cream shadows last 8 hours without creasing.

One caveat: Like UDPP, it dries a little "tacky," so blending is a little tougher than without primer. But that's the tradeoff to making things last. I find that by using a touch more shadow -- and a better, silkier, more blendalbe shadow -- I have no troubles.

The only way they could improve this is to make one with pigment or shimmer, like UDPP Sin or Eden, to make this an all-in-one product. But adding pigment would probably mess up the chemistry.

on 5/7/2011 11:42:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

There is a story about Bobbi Brown going batshit once when she saw one of her makeup artists using foundation as a shadow primer. "We DON'T use foundation as primer! Ever! EVER!!" she supposedly shrieked at the poor MA. But whoever published the story didn't tell us why not. And apparently BB didn't mention it, either. Well, after using foundation, concealer, or creamy shadow like LM Eye Basics as primer for some years, I finally figured it out: Too much pigment. I noticed recently that my creases would become caked with pigment, which would flake off my eyelid like tiny rocks. So really, what you need is a primer without pigment that keeps powder shadow put. Behind the Scenes fits that description perfectly. It comes in a little squeeze tube with a slanted tip; you can put it on with your finger, or a brush, I suppose. It has no color of its own, dries quickly to a matte finish, and keeps multiple layers of powder shadow set all day. And I don't get those little rocks falling out of my crease any more.

on 5/6/2011 10:42:00 PM

I love this primer! The packaging is sanitary, the consistency is perfect, and it goes on smoothly. I use a fairly moisturizing eye cream (Chanel Sublimage) and also eye sunscreen (Shisheido) and without this product, my eyeliner is in my eyelid creases instead of at my lash line. I also like that it's a flesh color, and not white, because I sometimes just use liner and not shadow, and I don't want my eyelids looking freakishly white.

My only complaint is that it's difficult to find, I had to order it online, but I can live with that.

on 5/4/2011 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I decided to try Lorac's eye primer because my oily eyelids ruined my eyeshadow in 2-3 hours. Soooo glad I did! My eyeshadow stays put until I remove it 15-16 hours later. A little goes a very long way, so you get excellent value. I just lightly tap the tip of my ring finger to get some product on it and dot the primer all over my lid and blend. It sets easily, evens out my lid skin tone, and seems to smooth the lid, too. Eyeshadows glide on and stay on. I have sensitive skin and experienced ZERO problems.