December 18, 2014 | 1817 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Didnít realize how much I love this until I realized its one of the few Ďstapleí products I use daily. I got several generous sample-sized packets of this from Sephora a while ago, so Iíve never actually purchased (though I would in a heartbeat when I run out). I squeeze the primer into a small plastic tub so its easier to apply & doesnít get dried out. A .20 oz packet lasts months, so I can imagine a full-size tube is an excellent value. I dab a small flat stiff cream-eyeshadow brush in the primer and swipe it on clean, dry eyelids. I really just use a Ďtinyí bit, if I use too much the primer itself will crease. I let it dry for 1-2 minutes then apply powder shadow & sometimes liner over top (havenít used it with cream shadows). It creates a smooth, velvety surface and the color shows true. It really does make my eye makeup stay put ALL day, 12+ hours! Iíve used this all seasons in all types of weather and my eye makeup will not budge. Only if Iíve applied too much primer will my eye makeup look greasy/creasy by the end of the day, so definitely Ďless is moreí. I donít wear a ton of eye makeup or go for really dramatic looks, but I do consider myself somewhat low-maintenance. I want to apply my eye makeup once in the morning and forget about it, and this allows me to do that. Iíve tried MANY primers and this (along with the discontinued Lumene eyeshadow primer) is the best Iíve used!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Uh, wow. I love the consistency of this product sooo much better than any UDPP or TFSI. I love when I come across something that is even better than my beloved favorites. Shadows are super easy to blend with this and last all day. I don't get "sticky" lids with this at all - those who have had that experience with UDPP (esp. Eden) will know what I'm talking about, lol. This will replace every eye primer in my collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by GiGiBean703

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Everything I wanted UD Original to be and better! UD was the best I tried until now. I have oily lids and with this...NO creasing; no fading; shadows apply true to color and vivid; less fall out and best of all it lasts all day! I will never use anything else! LOVE at last! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by dmfitzg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Today is the first day I've used this primer and I must say it is incredible! I put it on at 8:30 this morning and it is now 5:00 pm and my e/s looks like I just applied it! No oilies, no creasing, still looks perfect. I've tried a few other eye primers, and of those I liked Tarte the best - until now. I also use Lorac Aquaprime on my face. I think this is my HG eye primer!

Wanted to add that I removed my make-up at 10:00pm last night and my eye make-up still looked good- almost 14 hours after applying it! I am so so impressed with this primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Ellenjs

I've bought the cheap eye primers and the expensive ones...this is absolutely the best. Like the tube it comes in, love the texture and the staying power of my eye shadow after using Lorac is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by lepeakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this primer better than UD because it allows you to blend easier after the shadow has been applied and it lasts a long time. I got both primers that I have owned with eyeshadow palettes, but I am so due for a purchase. This product is officially HG! LORAC Primer is the best....hands down.

Update: It works better with some shadows only. I will continue to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by purrlions

It is ok, but I still notice creasing on eyeshadow at the end of the day. I have way oily skin. So I'll try another brand. But it looks like it works well for everyone else here.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by addictedreader

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice shadow primer. Did a great job at keeping shadows vibrant & creasefree. Was also impressed that it was soothing to the lid like an eye cream instead of drying. Most comfortable eye primer yet. Only drawback is it's a bit thick and if you aren't careful it can clump on lashes & be hard to get out. Nice sanitary packaging. I'd recommend this primer for anyone with sensitive eyes (ditto for their face primer on sensitive-- good brand for sensitive skin).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is everything I wanted and more in an eye primer. Lorac hit this one out of the park.

BTSEP helps shadows stay-put and look more vivid. 'Nuf said.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by kimf79

So far so good! I have never used an eye primer before.But somehow I got reading about them and I had been noticing eye shadow doesnt stay in place perfect or eyeliner! This product has been working great so far. It has a little bit of a drying feeling when I first put it on but it does not last. More importantly my eye shadows are lasting much longer and it seems to help with keeping eyeliner in place too! This new addition will stick around in my makeup collection!