September 22, 2014 | 1021 users online

Crème - MAC - Mineralize Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by ISISIANA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this foundation more than any other creme out there as it feels more a like tinted moisturizer to me. was not happy when i went into a mac pro store today and the said this product is sold out every where and they wont get a new shipment until september because they are REFORMULATING it. what?!! i luv this foundation as is. managed to find an extra @ another pro store.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2010 3:48:00 AM More reviews by makeupjnky20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Likes:

-How it comes in a compact

-Amazing glow with Mineralize Powder on top

Hate:

-It doesn't last as long as liquid foundation...Liquid stays on longer and looks more porcelain like and the supply on this stuff runs out quicker than the liquid.

-Cost

- the Sponge that comes with it, not a fan, i still use a brush to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Jordette

This product is great. I have oily skin and it goes on like a dream with out getting oily. The color matched perfectly, so much so I had to keep checking to make sure I was outting enough on. It last as well and does not take a lot. The sales person said they guarentee 8 hours withthis foundation. I am inlove!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

Wanted a compact foundation that didn't dry out my skin like Studiofix. Tried Mineralize and I love it. Makes my skin look smooth and airbrushed (I use the mineralize compact powder on top). I use the Sigma Synthetic Flat Top brush-it's better than MAC's 130 stippling brush. Beautiful. Be careful not to put too much on though-I dip my brush into the compact 1-3 times depending on which part of my face I am applying it to and lightly stipple it on before buffing it in circles onto my skin. Lasts all day and doesn't make my face oily-I have normal/combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by freckleP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am NC30 and I use this with a none branded stippling brush (it's just as good!). I love how much coverage this foundation can achieve without looking cakey at all. It's hydrating, doesn't settle in fine lines, and blends easily.

I'm slightly disappointed that there's so little product. I've been using it every day for 2 months and I can see the bottom of the pod already. I guess this is the way to go to keep creme foundations hygienic but I paid NZ$68 for this!

I think Mac should get rid of the sponge and the sponge compartment. No one really uses the sponge anyways.

I'd get this again maybe at the duty free..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by starkssb

I like this foundation. I was turned off by macs foundations for a long time they just never looked good on me, but this one is awesome. its sheer but buildable, looks dark in the pan but blends out to a nice even color. easy to work with. I just got a mac haul so im using skin brightening serum then i mix strobe cream with my moisturizer and my foundation goes on wonderfully. my skin is a mess right now -combo, acne, dry patches etc, and these products make me feel ok in public.
the packaging kind of sucks cause you dip into every time but oh well just have to wash brushes more often. thanks to my mac counter girl -chns!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by dana

I was really excited when I first heard about this product. I have never had much luck with Mac foundation in the past, but this one sounded like it would be a perfect fit for me. My skin is usually on the oilier side, but sometimes I can have some flakes on my forehead. The MA applied this on me and I thought it looked great, that is until she put a finishing powder on top. Then I thought it looked unnatural and powdery, but I chalked it up to her heavy hand and bought it. I put it on the next day with their 130 brush, and it just never really blended into my skin. It wasn't awful, but it did not look natural how I like foundation to be. It creased on my face within a matter of hours.
The next day, I decided to try it with a setting powder. I used MAC Yoga Mode beauty powder. Unfortunately, even with only a little bit on my face, it looked how it did back at the Mac counter. Powdery and unnatural! And what's worse, it didn't make the foundation last any longer on my face.
The next day I used a primer. There was virtually no difference in how the foundation worse, and it still looked unsettled on my face.
Within a week, I tried most every powder I own, primers, setting sprays (Fix +) and still, I could not get this foundation to look natural or stay put. I have decided it's the foundation and not my application, so back to Mac it went. I also think the compact is not airtight and the product will eventually evaporate over time.
I now use Hourglass's foundation which lasts all day and night, looks completely natural and does not smudge! It's a little more pricey, but to be able to put it on and go is worth the extra dough to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by mar7ini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For reference: my skin is fair, cool with pink undertones, prone to redness, dry and sensitive. Once in a while I'll get a bit shiny on my forehead, but not much.
I wear this foundation in NC15 and it matches me perfectly.

I'm one of those persons who don't really have much time for make up in the morning. I get up at 5:30 am and
really don't want to (and cannot afford to) spend a lot of time in front of the mirror. On the other hand, I like to hydrate, protect and cover my skin a little as I work in a dry environment and also tend to get red cheeks if things get too crazy. It shouldn't take more than 2 minutes, though.
I've been wanting to try a mineral foundation for quite a while. However, I hate using powder foundations on my face - they make my skin feel tense and look chalky. Liquid foundations work for me, but they can get a bit messy and time consuming. Also, if you need a touch up during the day, they are not really optimal. So when I heard about this creamy foundation, I decided to give it a try.
Normally I'm not a fan of MAC foundations - I think that there are better ones out there. But this one not only surprised me, it exceeded my expectations by far. Applied correctly, this product is invisible on my skin - which is just huge for me. It gives me a nice, medium coverage. It is very hydrating - I imagine people with oilier skins might dislike it because you can feel the hydration for quite a few hours. For me, it's perfect. The staying power was a nice surprise as well. I applied it before my night shift which lasts 18 hours and was quite impressed to see that after all this time my face still looked pretty flawless.

After the "invisibility", the second most important thing for me is the simplicity of use. It literally takes less than 2 minutes to put this product on - if I use a brush. If I opt for a sponge, it's even quicker. I can take with me without worrying about a brush or getting my hands dirty if I need a touch up.
The brush I use is usually the MAC130, but the 188 works well too, and if you don't mind a larger brush, even 187 is okay. I apply the product really lightly, with either criss-cross or circular movements. It took me app. 3 times to figure out which method of application works best for me.

2 things I dislike about this product are: the price - if you use this foundation daily, you'll hit the pan after a few weeks - and the subtle but noticeable scent.
Still, I think this is an awesome foundation for someone with normal to dry skin who wants to look like she/he has nothing on.

UPDATE: Unfortunately, this won't be my holy grail. It is not moisturizing enough for me, after all. And I use it up too fast, after just 4-6 weeks it's gone if I use it daily.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by ppbcup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I typically wear MAC Studio Fix but the color I had no longer matched my skin that well and it was time for something new.

The sales person color matched me using Mineralize and I fell in love. The texture is smooth and creamy and does not leave a chalky or cakey look. The coverage is perfect and the price is reasonable. I usually finish it off with the Mineralize Sheer powder. I prefer applying it with a sponge for a less dewy look but I sometimes apply it using a stipling brush because the sponge absorbs too much product.

Great for those with normal or dry skin. The colors seem to run a little dark so best to get color matched before hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by EuphoricMadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Looks natural
-Hydrating; doesn't accentuate the dry patches on my cheeks (even some foundations meant for dry skin accentuate them). Because it's hydrating, it gives a dewey finish. My personal preference is natural matte, though, so I just use their Prep and Prime Transparent Finishing Powder over it to reduce shine
-Moderate, but buildable coverage, if that's your preference
-Doesn't feel heavy

Cons:
-I can't seem to fit any of their colors. I've even tried 4 shades: NC42/44 and NW30/35. The former for each are too light. NC44 makes me look a tad orange, and NW35 is way too dark. One of the ladies at MAC recommended I use the lighter shades with some bronzer around the edges of my face, but, I dunno, it makes me look odd haha. And I prefer having my face in one shade
-Face feels a bit greasy to the touch
-I don't know if it's this product or something I'm doing, but ever since I started using this, my cheeks look redder. I'll have to test out a few things, but if I find that it's this product, I'll have to return it. I may have to return/exchange it anyway, though, because of the shade I have (NC42)