July 23, 2014 | 1201 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Studio Mineral Infused Mascara

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by cguillau

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so looking forward to this being a great everyday mascara from all the positive reviews I read. Not so. This mascara flakes and smudges BIG TIME. I thought that maybe it smudged because I didn't wait long enough for it to dry but after 6 hours it was still smudging and flaking. The only three positives I can say about this mascara is the packaging is nice, the color is rich and it doesn't make my eyelashes stiff. However, even at $3.00 a pop, it's not worth the smudging and flaking I get.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by rocknrolljane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great, everyday, throw in your purse and go mascara. While its not dramatic, it works well if you are going for a natural look with more defined lips as a feature. I would recommend buying a good eyelash curler, because this wand doesn't curl the lashes up on its own. It separates nicely though, and is a very pigmented black color. The best E.L.F. mascara by far, and at $3 its a steal. It will help make more my expensive "nighttime" mascara go farther. I feel this will be a great natural summertime mascara since its the time of year when you want to show off natural beauty, not hide what you have.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by jmmcd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm not very impressed by the smudge-proof quality of this mascara (it's better than most but still could use improvement - I really want to see a genuine smudge proof regular mascara), but I am very impressed by how smoothly it goes on, the texture of my lashes after it dries, and the ease with which it comes off. The entire process feels very natural. This will not give you vavoom lashes, but it will enhance the length some and works up volume pretty well as long as you're willing to give the base of your lashes a few coats. The formula is very liquidy but also very well pigmented. My one major gripe is it takes a long time to dry and sometimes this results in me getting smudges from blinking before it dries. It seems to play very nicely with a lash wand follow up. I'm not too crazy about the applicator. While it does do a good job at separating lashes it seems to cause the normally clumpless formula to clump at times because it tries to load on too much formula at once on each lash. It could benefit from the rubber bristles being placed closer together like other mascaras that have used this type of applicator do. For $3 though it's not a bad deal, and it's so lash friendly that I use it whenever I don't feel like losing lashes (which is most of the time when I wear mascara). I actually replaced my Mary Kay mascara with it because the MK liked to smudge too easily in comparison to this and cost a lot more (also was more prone to clumping). Something I do like about this applicator design is it makes air less likely to get trapped in between removing and replacing the wand (which means less clumps, yay).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

5 stars for how I purpose this mascara. I personally love over-the-top mascara, big, thick, long lashes-on top. This mascara will not give that to you. I would however, consider this office-appropriate as well as a lipgloss- and -mascara -kind-of-day mascara.
The wand reminds me of, and I may be wrong, can't remember, but I think it was L'ancome's Occilating mascara in as much as it is a flexible wand and the brush itself looked familiar. At any rate, it's amazing for bottom lashes. I'm 44 and heavy duty mascara on the lower lashes isn't pretty anyway but it also casts dark shadows under the eyes. If you're my age or you just suffer from darkness under you eyes but still feel that you want to wear mascara on your lower lashes, this may be for you.
The brush is great for both top and bottom lashes but it's the perfect size for lower lashes. The formula itself isn't terribly volumizing/ lengthening but it defines your lower lashes in one coat perfectly and with absolutely zero clumping. I've tried what I considered to be tame/useless mascaras on my lower lashes and they were still a bit too much or clumped my lashes together. This didn't. And it's black (black-black) and it stays black. I've had problems with other mascaras where the mascara/product itself seems to be okay but the intensity of the black fizzles out in a few short hours. This doesn't. It stays black all day and all evening. I've had no problems with smudging, flaking, smearing, fading. Nothing. And I like the way it dries down.It's not goopy like some mascaras can feel even though they are dry nor does it feel brittle. It feels like L'ancome's Hypnose when it dries. I really like this and for $3.00 it's a steal.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 7:58:00 AM More reviews by pillblast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just love this mascara. I usually have very bad luck with mascaras, because I love small wants with plastic hairs, exactly as the ELF one. It's like I designed it myself. It makes my curl last and gives me some more length. I am not a big fan of volume on my lashes so I am very very happy with it.

I love the black color it has and the fact that it didn't clump on me at all. It's the first mascara I was ever impressed with (granted I never invested too much in a mascara).

I will repurchase again and again for sure. For the price and quality I think it will be in my makeup bag for a very long time.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by clarklovesyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not by any means the worst mascara I've used. As far as looks, it's not bad. Visually, I liked my results. It lengthened and was not too spidery (I prefer thick fanned out lashes) however my lashes remained sticky. This sensation was unpleasant enough to make me never use it again. It's a shame because I love ELF, it's dirt cheap and the tube is very sleek, chic and expensive looking.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Suasoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is definitely not HG mascara but it's a great value. It's a striking, really dark black color but I find it a bit sticky, which makes it difficult to add multiple coats. The brush could be better but it doesn't bother me.

Unlike others I don't find it very "lengthening." In fact I feel like it's adding volume without length - maybe because I'm not used to the extreme blackness.

It's difficult to remove with soap and water and needs a remover of some sort or at least a swipe with lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 10:06:00 AM More reviews by shelly0729

will write review soon

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OK, so not the best or most luxurious mascara in the world but for $3 I give it 5 stars!!! I am really trying to switch my mascaras to all natural and have tried several now. I have previously tried only one other E.L.F. mascara and it was atrocious. In contrast I am pleasantly surprised by the mineral infused one in the studio line.

Pros - 1) Great BLACK pigment. Seriously, I'm not sure I've tried a mascara quite this deliciously inky. 2) All natural. 3) Gives decent length and 4) holds a curl.

Cons - 1) Doesn't do much for volume. But that's OK with me, I would rather have long, curled, natural looking lashes than thick clumpy ones. 2) I can't wear this on the lower lashes. I've tried 2x and both times I have flakes and smudges underneath my eye.

I will definitely throw a few more of these in my cart the next time I am shopping at eyeslipsface.com!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by lovelyxfugitive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Truthfully, I really like this mascara. For me, it works perfectly and does not clump (or give the dreaded spider leg effect). I have naturally long lashes that hold a curl when I tell them to, so maybe that's why. I wasn't purchasing this to create major drama. For three dollars, I'd give it a chance. You may be quite nicely surprised! It's a good everyday mascara- if it works for your lashes.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No