October 1, 2014 | 1263 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Studio Mineral Infused Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by gamergirl2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Got this awhile ago at elf (EyesLipsFace) and I must say for only 3.00 this Mascara is a MUST have. Before I found this mascara I was using CoverGirls Lash Blast which cost around $7-9 dollars USA.Elf Mineral Mascara does the same thing as Cover Girls Lash Blast IF not better that is. The only thing is I think you get more in the Lash Blast then you do elfs mineral mascara. Now the Elf's Mascara has a rubber brush just like cover girls lash blast.The wand to Elf's Mascara is thin but is the perfect size.How ever the lash blast wand is thicker and shorter which I don't really care for. Over all it's just like Lash Blast from Cover Girl in every way but way cheaper. I also think Elf's Mascara makes my lashes thicker then Lash Blast does.

Elf VS Lash Blast

elf pro's
Cheap
easy to use
works wicked well
thickens your lashes
does not have a bad smell

Elf con's
Shipping on the site takes forever

Lash blast pros
thickens lashes
don't have to order online *lol*

Lash Blast con's
smells really bad
don't care for the handle

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

UPDATE: knocking this baby down to a 2 because it burns my eyes like crazy. No other mascara does this to me. Will not repurchase!!

I really liked how this mascara didn't clump, provided the look of full, long lashes and is DIRT CHEAP! One thing I noticed is that it makes my eyes super itchy and watery. I don't ever have this problem with any other mascara I use, so I'm not sure what's going on, but I still love it and will probably repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by exah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have been looking for a new mascara lately and decided to grab one off the ELF site along with the rest of the haul...I put it on it today and it's a lot better than most mascaras I have tried! It's pretty liquid, but doesn't crumble and it's not thick and gooey, like the Dior Blackout stuff. The formula goes on very smooth, I needed only 2 coats before my lashes looked awesome. It separates very well and lengthens without making my lashes sticky. It's comparable to the Thick n Soft by Maybelline, except it has a RUBBER applicator and a skinnier brush. Overall, a good experience =)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 5:21:00 AM More reviews by michyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

oh my gosh 3 bucks for a wonderful separating and lengthening mascara is a must in your makeup collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by FashionableAddict

Ok I LOVE mascaras I'm a Mascara Junkie , its just my thing. So i bought e.l.f's Mineral Mascara which was actually in the Studio line instead of the mineral one ? Weird. Packaging .... I like it love the buffed black casing ... maybe would have liked a bit more info on the tube but that's just me. The brush is one of those silicone numbers :P a bit like lash blast?
Truth is it DOES make your lashes look lovely and long and totally clump free.... thicker? I'm not so sure about. In the photo below , i have one eye e.l.f and one with my beloved Clinique High impact (which i don't think gets enough credit). After applying I asked my mum ... "which eye looks better?" ..... she chose the clinique eye. We did both agree and they are equally lengthening but clinique just had the edge here. Again though at 3.50 for the e.l.f and 14.50 for clinique its a bit of a no brainer if your only starting out. I'm not totally writing this off , I WOULD buy this again and i do really like the product. Thumbs up :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by cguillau

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so looking forward to this being a great everyday mascara from all the positive reviews I read. Not so. This mascara flakes and smudges BIG TIME. I thought that maybe it smudged because I didn't wait long enough for it to dry but after 6 hours it was still smudging and flaking. The only three positives I can say about this mascara is the packaging is nice, the color is rich and it doesn't make my eyelashes stiff. However, even at $3.00 a pop, it's not worth the smudging and flaking I get.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by rocknrolljane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great, everyday, throw in your purse and go mascara. While its not dramatic, it works well if you are going for a natural look with more defined lips as a feature. I would recommend buying a good eyelash curler, because this wand doesn't curl the lashes up on its own. It separates nicely though, and is a very pigmented black color. The best E.L.F. mascara by far, and at $3 its a steal. It will help make more my expensive "nighttime" mascara go farther. I feel this will be a great natural summertime mascara since its the time of year when you want to show off natural beauty, not hide what you have.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by jmmcd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not very impressed by the smudge-proof quality of this mascara (it's better than most but still could use improvement - I really want to see a genuine smudge proof regular mascara), but I am very impressed by how smoothly it goes on, the texture of my lashes after it dries, and the ease with which it comes off. The entire process feels very natural. This will not give you vavoom lashes, but it will enhance the length some and works up volume pretty well as long as you're willing to give the base of your lashes a few coats. The formula is very liquidy but also very well pigmented. My one major gripe is it takes a long time to dry and sometimes this results in me getting smudges from blinking before it dries. It seems to play very nicely with a lash wand follow up. I'm not too crazy about the applicator. While it does do a good job at separating lashes it seems to cause the normally clumpless formula to clump at times because it tries to load on too much formula at once on each lash. It could benefit from the rubber bristles being placed closer together like other mascaras that have used this type of applicator do. For $3 though it's not a bad deal, and it's so lash friendly that I use it whenever I don't feel like losing lashes (which is most of the time when I wear mascara). I actually replaced my Mary Kay mascara with it because the MK liked to smudge too easily in comparison to this and cost a lot more (also was more prone to clumping). Something I do like about this applicator design is it makes air less likely to get trapped in between removing and replacing the wand (which means less clumps, yay).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

5 stars for how I purpose this mascara. I personally love over-the-top mascara, big, thick, long lashes-on top. This mascara will not give that to you. I would however, consider this office-appropriate as well as a lipgloss- and -mascara -kind-of-day mascara.
The wand reminds me of, and I may be wrong, can't remember, but I think it was L'ancome's Occilating mascara in as much as it is a flexible wand and the brush itself looked familiar. At any rate, it's amazing for bottom lashes. I'm 44 and heavy duty mascara on the lower lashes isn't pretty anyway but it also casts dark shadows under the eyes. If you're my age or you just suffer from darkness under you eyes but still feel that you want to wear mascara on your lower lashes, this may be for you.
The brush is great for both top and bottom lashes but it's the perfect size for lower lashes. The formula itself isn't terribly volumizing/ lengthening but it defines your lower lashes in one coat perfectly and with absolutely zero clumping. I've tried what I considered to be tame/useless mascaras on my lower lashes and they were still a bit too much or clumped my lashes together. This didn't. And it's black (black-black) and it stays black. I've had problems with other mascaras where the mascara/product itself seems to be okay but the intensity of the black fizzles out in a few short hours. This doesn't. It stays black all day and all evening. I've had no problems with smudging, flaking, smearing, fading. Nothing. And I like the way it dries down.It's not goopy like some mascaras can feel even though they are dry nor does it feel brittle. It feels like L'ancome's Hypnose when it dries. I really like this and for $3.00 it's a steal.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 7:58:00 AM More reviews by pillblast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just love this mascara. I usually have very bad luck with mascaras, because I love small wants with plastic hairs, exactly as the ELF one. It's like I designed it myself. It makes my curl last and gives me some more length. I am not a big fan of volume on my lashes so I am very very happy with it.

I love the black color it has and the fact that it didn't clump on me at all. It's the first mascara I was ever impressed with (granted I never invested too much in a mascara).

I will repurchase again and again for sure. For the price and quality I think it will be in my makeup bag for a very long time.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No