MAC #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this brush to use for liquid foundation since I do not use cream products.

This brush is excellent in quality, it has what the 187 lacks, more control and less spare bristles.

The reason I give it a 3 is due to me using it for liquid foundation. The brush is just WAYY too small. If it was the size of the 188 or 187, it would be much more efficient, but due to its tiny size, it is not effective for all over the face. I felt like I was missing spots.

It is also painfully expensive for the size, I have eyeshadow brushes larger than this brush so I would reccommmend it more for blending undereye concealer.

Shame its so small, I hope they make on bigger, it would be excellent!

this is a fabulous brush, particularly for concealer and cream blush. for some reason with other brushes i can never get decent coverage on blemishes no matter what product im using, but this brush made such a big difference- someone described it as "erasing the mistakes away" and that is quite a good description of how this brush works. i also did use it with foundation but it's just a little too small to be effective-though it does work great in the smaller areas such as around the nose for detail work. i dont think there is another brush like this so its pretty unique- which is the main reason i shelled out the money for this. it is not anything like the other skunks out there other than the fact that its duo fibre. its a lot smaller, and the hairs are more dense. my only real complaint is that it is overpriced but because of how well it works, generally speaking i would repurchase. this isn't one that you can dupe.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought the 130 about a month ago. I found that it worked well for concealer and light application of blush. I liked it, but could live without it as well.

I generally wash it once a week. The black bristles are starting to bleed. I let it dry completely overnight. When I use it now, it leaves black dye on my face. For a forty dollar brush, this should not happen. Why is dye necessary anyway?

I also own the 109 and it bleeds—not to the same extent as the 130. I currently hate this brush.

I bought this brush yesterday. I asked the MUA to try it on my arms. I'm amazed because it give a nice flawless or airbrush finish. It's small brush but the result is flawless skin so I tried It on once I got home. I tried the brush to apply my SFF spf15 (NC35) then set it with mineralize skinfinish natural(medium plus). Love it love it love it. cause it's like an airbrush look and It doesn't cake and It stay on for a long time.

You can use is for: liquid/powder/cream/blush/contouring.

Good Investment for a good quality makeup brush.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Brush head too small and it sheds a lot. It does make applying cream foundation easier and looks smooth, but it wasn't worth the price tag since it shed every time I used it which meant I had to spend a few minutes picking the hairs off my face. For me, the brush head was too small and it took a while to smooth the foundation over my face. I got the Sigma synthetic flat top instead and I love it-bigger head, no shedding, smooth application, and 1/2 the price!

I love this brush! I bought it today and it applied my foundation like a dream. I only use it for my new cream bronzer and the application was flawless. I'm in love with this brush! Its such a multitasker. Perfect addition to my brush collection.

Use this Brush Daily. The key to using this brush with liquid foundation is to buff it in and then press the foundation in with a damp sponge! I used to sue the 187 daily to apply foundation and although I do like it, I dont use it anymore since with this brush you really get to buff the foundation in and you have more control other then the flimsy-ness of the 187.

+++++EDIT++++!
HG Status. Love this brush so much, use it daily every single time I use MU, every single time!!!! Love it, will get a backup! I use this with my MAC F&B

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is pretty much perfect for anything cream-based. its really multi-purpose for me. i use this mainly for foundation. the way that it applies foundation reminds me a lot of the 109 from mac. however this 130 brush seems to move around the crevices of your face easier like around the nose area, around the eyes. or if you are concentrating on a certain area because of hyper pigmentation or blemishes, anything like that...i feel its wonderful for that as well. definitely a product you should check out!

As far as foundation brushes go, this is definitely right up there as one of the best - I have several, including the 187 (which is MAC's largest stippling brush), the 188 (its younger, medium sized sister), the 109 (a super soft dome-headed brush), the 190 (a traditional flat headed brush), the 182 (MAC's big kabuki), Sephora's #55 (a much-loved HD brush), and a few others. Really, did I need yet another brush? No, not really. Especially when I ultimately prefer foundation application using my fingers. But I was intrigued by the smallness of this brush. If I prefer the 188 to the 187, I knew I would love the 130 even more. Here's why.

The 187 covers more of the face faster, because it's larger. Having said that, the bristles are farther apart, and stippling - not buffing - is the method you have no choice but to use with this one. The 188 is indeed smaller, but because the bristles are closer, you can stipple and then buff out to a very pretty, velvety finish. Still, you run the risk of streakiness with both, especially if you're unaccustomed to using this particular type of brush.

The 130 is dense and short, so you can skip the stippling if you like, and go right to buffing (although I get the best result from stippling and then buffing. I know, I'm repeating - but I end up with a very airbrushed finish this way). A small amount of product will take you a long way here; I personally don't need extreme amounts of coverage, so I dot a tiny bit on both cheeks, my nose, chin and forehead, and then blend out. Another wonderful thing about this brush? It doesn't shed.

Is it a necessity to have? As I mentioned, I like my fingers just fine, so it's not an integral part of my stash, but as foundation brushes go, it's definitely my favorite. It's $45.50 CDN, so it's a bit of an investment, but it will last you forever with proper care, as most MAC brushes do.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this brush. It has become one of my favorite foundation brushes. It buffs foundation on so well and gives a really nice finish. I dont think i could live without it. it was one of the few brush purchases that i didnt feel guilty forking out the money. it dries very fast because its small so by morning its dry. thats important to me because i wash my foundation brush every night since i dont want to get acne. curse my oily skin!

i dont know if i would recommend it for a morning routine if you are on a rush because it does take longer to buff in the foundation due to its small size. the size is good and bad. the good being that it gets into all the nooks and crannies of the face (sides of nose, under eye).

i use this mostly when i want full coverage and im going out at night (or somewhere special). otherwise i stick with my 187 since its fast when im in a rush in the morning. it hasnt shed on me and it is soft and stiff at the same time. highly recommend! just be careful though because you only need a pea-sized amount of foundation with this, otherwise ur face will look cakey!

Popular Makeup Brushes