September 30, 2014 | 1686 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by kimnn16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is pretty much perfect for anything cream-based. its really multi-purpose for me. i use this mainly for foundation. the way that it applies foundation reminds me a lot of the 109 from mac. however this 130 brush seems to move around the crevices of your face easier like around the nose area, around the eyes. or if you are concentrating on a certain area because of hyper pigmentation or blemishes, anything like that...i feel its wonderful for that as well. definitely a product you should check out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

As far as foundation brushes go, this is definitely right up there as one of the best - I have several, including the 187 (which is MAC's largest stippling brush), the 188 (its younger, medium sized sister), the 109 (a super soft dome-headed brush), the 190 (a traditional flat headed brush), the 182 (MAC's big kabuki), Sephora's #55 (a much-loved HD brush), and a few others. Really, did I need yet another brush? No, not really. Especially when I ultimately prefer foundation application using my fingers. But I was intrigued by the smallness of this brush. If I prefer the 188 to the 187, I knew I would love the 130 even more. Here's why.

The 187 covers more of the face faster, because it's larger. Having said that, the bristles are farther apart, and stippling - not buffing - is the method you have no choice but to use with this one. The 188 is indeed smaller, but because the bristles are closer, you can stipple and then buff out to a very pretty, velvety finish. Still, you run the risk of streakiness with both, especially if you're unaccustomed to using this particular type of brush.

The 130 is dense and short, so you can skip the stippling if you like, and go right to buffing (although I get the best result from stippling and then buffing. I know, I'm repeating - but I end up with a very airbrushed finish this way). A small amount of product will take you a long way here; I personally don't need extreme amounts of coverage, so I dot a tiny bit on both cheeks, my nose, chin and forehead, and then blend out. Another wonderful thing about this brush? It doesn't shed.

Is it a necessity to have? As I mentioned, I like my fingers just fine, so it's not an integral part of my stash, but as foundation brushes go, it's definitely my favorite. It's $45.50 CDN, so it's a bit of an investment, but it will last you forever with proper care, as most MAC brushes do.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by shortie183

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this brush. It has become one of my favorite foundation brushes. It buffs foundation on so well and gives a really nice finish. I dont think i could live without it. it was one of the few brush purchases that i didnt feel guilty forking out the money. it dries very fast because its small so by morning its dry. thats important to me because i wash my foundation brush every night since i dont want to get acne. curse my oily skin!

i dont know if i would recommend it for a morning routine if you are on a rush because it does take longer to buff in the foundation due to its small size. the size is good and bad. the good being that it gets into all the nooks and crannies of the face (sides of nose, under eye).

i use this mostly when i want full coverage and im going out at night (or somewhere special). otherwise i stick with my 187 since its fast when im in a rush in the morning. it hasnt shed on me and it is soft and stiff at the same time. highly recommend! just be careful though because you only need a pea-sized amount of foundation with this, otherwise ur face will look cakey!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by mimifrenzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had dreams about this brush before it came out. The day i walked into MAC to buy it i literally let out a gasp when i saw how tiny it was. Nevertheless i bought it. This brush is to be used for liquids and creams, but only if you have 15 mins to spare for foundation alone. I personally use this brush to work in my concealer. I swirl it in my studio finish spf 35 concealer and then buff it into any problem areas. It's not completely worth the money but if you're a brush junkie, as i am, then go for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by mimie

i am very satisfied. Now applying make up is easy and the result is even, smooth and beautifull...
My huge problem with the sponge was the amount that i was having on my face.and sometimes the result was like wearing a mask. At first, i couldn't find the right motions to apply it,but after one week i get the result that i want!And it is fabulous!!
I use it with mac studio tech makeup.The only difference with the brush instead of the sponge was the coverage.I beleive with the sponge i had a better coverage but maybe because i wasn't applying the right amount.Besides, by using the concealer i don't need more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by briii

i am in love with thie brush. i have a huge brush collection and this is a brush that i definately cannot live without. its amazing!! its so soft and feels good on your skin. i mainly use it for foundation, but sometimes use it for blush/bronzer. i am so glad mac came out with this brush. it is seriously one of the best brushes out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by ankaz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of the best brushes I own.
It is perfect for application of cream foundations. Can be used for liquids as well but the finish you get with cream is unbeatable: no streaks! I mostly use it with Chanel cream Teint Innocence and La Mer treatment cream foundations and I have to say that the first one looks much better. I had such a hard time with this foundation prior to using 130. It always looked heavy and cakey.
Sometimes I use it to applay concealer and I'm very pleased with results as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by noname101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing brush for those of you who like cream or full coverage foundations.

It makes it possible to use a small amount of product and buff it in perfectly with no streaking or caking.

I have not tried other flat topped stippling brushes so I cannot compare but I am very happy with it

I like that it is small so it gets into corners, and it also lets you put more coverage on problem areas and less on others.

I wouldn't use a cream or heavy foundation with any other brush

it works ok for lighter foundations but for those I recommend a 187 or a more traditional brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by noname103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Holy cow this brush is amazing. This is a top 20 lifetime beauty purchase, for sure. Inititally I was using it for days when I choose to apply foundation, but I found the end result to be a bit heavier than I preferred, so I ended up using it for bronzer--looked GREAT. Totally natural. THEN, I tried using it for undereye concealer....wonderful. Finally I used it for concealer for the red areas around my nose (I've been sick recently), where there is a ton of dry skin that I haven't been able to satisfactorily cover without calling more attention to it. PERFECT. I am considering buying a couple more of these so that I don't have to clean it multiple times a day to use it for different products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best brush I've gotten in a long time. I had always applied cream blush with fingers but I was intrigued by this so I decided to buy it, and it's AMAZING! I don't think my cream blush looked bad before, but this brush truly makes it seamless and totally natural-looking, plus it's soft and not scratchy like the 187. I've tested it out with lots of types of cream blush (Stila convertible colors, Nars, Jouer, MUFE High-Def, Becca cheek cremes) and it deposits the color perfectly with every kind. I've also tried it with foundation and wasn't as impressed - it worked as well as a regular foundation brush, so this is probably not worth buying just for foundation if you already have something for that. But for cream blush this is definitely a must-have!