July 30, 2014 | 1995 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by vmalenfant

I have a LOT of highlighter, Guerlain, MAC, Smashbox, hourglass, NARS etc, and strangely I always come back to Mary-Lou Manizer, it's soft, have a nice shimmer, with a golden undertone. what's not to love.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Bunmum2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Buttery soft with just the right amount of warmth for my pale skin tone. Beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by thepinkviper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful HG product. I caved and ordered it based on the amazing reviews even though I own MAC's Soft and Gentle. It's so beautiful and shimmery but not loud and obnoxious glittery at all. It gives my face a wonderful glow and I usually will pick this up before MAC's Soft and Gentle because it's more of a glamorous shimmer. Not to mention the packaging is adorably retro and will last you forever for a great price. LOVE LOVE TheBalm products!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by zeyneperkal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

my all times favourite!!! i bought it to my sis, too. i don't like glossy-shiny look but this gives you look healthy. i apply it for hightlighting on cheek, under my eyes and sometimes as eye shadow all with a brush the result is totally great. maybe the price a bit much but due to other cosmetic luxury products it is really worth it. after hours there is no crease or etc. on your face which i mostly like.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I got this because of all the hype. Honestly it is just a shiny glittery mess. The highlighter has a golden tone to it. I guess this would be great under the brow bone and inner corners but I wouldn't recommend putting this on the cheek bones or center of your nose. It is just tooooooo fake looking. Even if you use it sparingly........... However, you do get a lot of product for the price, which is good. Also sometimes you can find it in TJ maxx or Marshalls for half off the retail price.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Hypnolove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think it's ok. Shouldn't be blended in in circular motions because the glitter particles end up looking like a cyborg . Rather tap it in wherever u want it. I wanted to like and I do use but I don't think it's 5* I'm afraid

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by yeeseeniia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ordered this from thebalm.com when they had it for 50% off... Was SOOOO stoked about it because I've been reading so many good things about if. So I tried it and it was not what I expected.... I think it maybe my skin tone is too dark? It looked powdery and chalky... I kept wearing it though bc idk I want a highlight! Lol... So I'm not a foundation user AT ALL I only wear the mac studio fix and today I happen to try it with foundation and OMG!!! Made all the difference it looks so much better! Not chalky and just glowy! So so glad! I still don't like foundation though, so I guess I'll just wear foundation on my cheeks so the highlighter looks good -__-

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by angelababyT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

its a soft smooth great highlighter , good on my nc20/25 skin tone and darker like my sister. too faced highlighter was too rough on my skin and i very much prefer theBalm's products due to their high quality, go and try it out and feel it on your skin, its finely milled and comfortable on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by mikxoh

if you have this then SKIP THE DIOR AMBER DIAMOND.

no, seriously. it gives the same lovely glow as amber diamond for a lot less. I'm going to sound a bit hypocritical here because I do own both amber diamond AND mary lou manizer. let me explain!

I actually bought the dior highlighter way before this guy. the only reason why I caved in and got this highlighter is because I snagged it for half off during thebalm's 50% sale. such a deal I just could not pass up - sue me D:

but yes, this highlighter makes you look glowy - not shiny/oily! I'm definitely done with purchasing any other highlighters since hitting pan on this thing (and on the dior one) is going to happen in like...never.

even at full price, this product is still worth it. if you love highlighters, don't pass this one up!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by katelovesss

This product is everything I've been looking for in a highlighter, a champagne shimmer that blends beautifully. It is a finely milled, buttery consistency that can be layered and built up for an intense highlight or lightly dusted on for a really natural, barely noticeable glow.

I've had trouble with highlighters looking very fake, glittery or chunky on my skin, I have none of those problems with Mary Lou, the colour doesn't look harsh against my pale skin and it lasts all day.

Good amount for your money, compact can be a little hard to open but has a big mirror. I can't imagine using another highlighter after finding this one. Does the job perfectly, can't recommend it highly enough (especially for paler people).

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No