October 23, 2014 | 1109 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mint Candy Apple

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by bamf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The boyfriend's sister in law gifted me this particular shade because she knew I was on the hunt for a Chanel Jade lookalike. It's very similar, lovely and great quality. You can't go wrong with Essie.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by speedyjp

Love love LOOOOOVE this nail polish. I searched high and low for it last year when it came out (winter 2010), but I could only find the mini version in a gift package (which I knew wasn't going to be enough). I finally found the full version last winter and I couldn't have been happier!

I describe the colour as more of a robin's egg blue than seafoam or mint green, because it does look a bit more blue. That being said it still has a minty-green feel to it. I get fantastic coverage with two coats, and like any other Essie nail polish I've tried the lasting power even without a top coat is great.

This is a great colour for spring (mint greens, along with lilacs, oranges, and yellows are really hot for spring right now!) and it's a colour that I like to wear when transitioning from winter to spring as a nice pick-me-up :)

Will definitely repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Kayin26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this polish after I'd heard all the excitement over Chanel's Jade. I didn't want to pay that much for polish so I checked this out. I got it thinking it was pretty but figuring I wouldn't use it much. I use it all the time! It's pretty much Tiffany Blue (I compared it to a Tiffany box). It's perfect for spring and summer but it's also a great pick-me-up color for fall and winter! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by MzSunkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I was so excited to get this polish in the mail thinking it was going to look like a pale mint green on me, it honestly looks sooo much like ChinaGlaze's For Audrey that I'm kinda upset I got it. I wish I picked a different shade now, I guess thats what happens when u own tons of polish. It's probaly a touch lighter and a touch greener then For Audrey but is not a true mint green at all. It has the same super opaque finish and thick texture also. It's a pretty shade/great quality so I can't fault it, it just was not what I was expecting color wise.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by BrunettePrincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this shade! It's fun and fresh, it remind's me of spring. I have tan skin and brown hair and I love this color on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE mint nail polish and had high hopes for this, but it simply did not deliver. It looks like a true light mint green in the bottle, however, on nails it looks more blue than green; it's more of a turquoise or a seafoam than a mint. Also, the brush is very thin compared to an OPI brush and the formula is super streaky. I also had a lot of bubbles even during the first application. For $8, the quality should be a lot higher than it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by goopycakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Such a unique color. It's perfect on my skintone and great for compliments. I was dying to have this in my nail polish collection and finally got it. It's just a beautiful soft color that I love. Essie formulas are decent I'd say about two coat of this and it last a few day with touch ups.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by sammycansing01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love greens and blues and when this color came out, I needed this nail polish in Mint Candy Apple. I tried it on a few times and it looked so pretty! It's not the best summer color but I will definitely be wearing this a lot!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by MSUgirl1901

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love essie polishes! To the people who complain about it not being as minty as it "should" be....ummmm the color is clearly visible when looking on the bottle. Kinda don't understand how you would expect anything different. Just saying.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by mintcandylapis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love love loveee this color, one of the few colors i can wear during summer or winter totally cute for both. Its a neon green that looks like pistacheo ice cream ;) I even painted my own nails with it, and had no trouble with streaks, cant wait to do it in a salon. Obviously its not your typical color so if you dont like a minty color, dont do it!