April 21, 2014 | 1816 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Volume Flash The Max in Extreme Black 003

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 4:25:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Stays on well for something that gives so much volume. Such thick lashes with this (mine are normally very sparse and quite short.) *****My lashes don't look like that picture that has the very clumpy-looking lashes.****** It's similar to Full and Soft and Voluminous but stays on much better. Inexpensive. Comes off very easily with my cleanser/water. The brush is fine for me.

CONS: Doesn't hold a curl well. Can look a little dry and crunchy. Not the easiest to apply (takes a little practice), but looks great once I get my coats on. I also like to use a comb with this so that I get any clumps out. Can flake after a few hours.

ALTERNATES: For HE and even more lasting on the lashes, try MUFE Smoky Lash. The Falsies by Maybelline (then covered by Clarins Double Fix, to waterproof it) OR The Rocket by Maybelline (waterproof) is wonderful for volume and lots of length. For lots of volume and good length, I like Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof, OR Milani's Runway Lashes (covered by Clarins Double Fix).

APPLICATION TIPS: I love Shiseido's mascara primer (new one) for helping to hold a curl and making the mascara last WAY longer without any transfer/flaking.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have long lashes that need volume/lifting. While this does a good job at buliding volume, it applied uneven and sometimes clumpy. Nothing a brush through can't fix but overall my Full nSoft mascara does all of this without need to use a lash comb afterwards.

Packaging was cute, and the brush is designed well, although I found it to be a bit scratchy. Overall, no flaking/smudging once it dries. Decent mascara but nothing I can't live without.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Splashofcolourx

When Buying the Maybelline max volume flash I was lloking for exactly what it said on the front, amazing volume! And while I id get alot of volume I am quite dissapointed with the quality of this product. The bright pink and gold writing on the front makes it look amazing and very appealing, however do not be fooled! If I could describe this mascara in one work I would use clumpy! As soon as you pull the wand out from the tube the wand is over-clumped with exess product which you must scrape of at the side. When applying to the lashes alot of product makes your lashes stick together and look tacky. If applied properly you may get the desired affect ,however, the clumpy look is not very attractive. I would not repurchase!
Splashofcolourx

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by solyacska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure why I purchased a non-waterproof Rimmel mascara - only waterproof holds my curl and Rimmel mascaras are horrible.

This is no exception. It didn't do anything for volume and made my lashes thin and wispy. I reckon you'd need at least 3 coats of this to make it work. I never got that far though because this just makes lashes WILT in a matter of seconds. My lashes are quite thin and straight so I curl them before I apply mascara. This straightened them out just beautifully.

I really wanted to make this work so I topped off my Maybelline Colossal waterproof with this. Colossal holds a curl amazingly well, so I thought I'd apply this on the ends of my lashes for some extra length. It made the ends straighten out and wilt down, it looked horrendous.

I think Maybelline is a lot more reliable with mascara, I never had any major disappointments with them. Unlike Rimmel - Extra Super Lash, Volume Flash and Glam Eyes were all just very bad. Spend your money elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 7:48:00 AM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Having tried (and hated) Rimmel's other mascaras, I was sure that this mascara would be a dud. But I was pleasantly surprised to discover that this one is quite good! It gives me long, dark lashes and doesn't flake or smudge. It doesn't hold a curl particularly well, though, and I'm noticing that the formula is quickly drying out. But it's so inexpensive (like, $5 at Wal-Mart? Obscenely cheap!) that I don't mind rebuying. Finally, a Rimmel mascara that doesn't suck!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 6:20:00 AM More reviews by MyFavoriteWeapon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I recently purchased this mascara at my local Ulta after being horribly disappointed by Covergirl Lashblast. Before buying this mascara I was tempted to part with a good $30.00 of my money for DiorShow, I'm glad I tried this instead. With just one coat of mascara I have beautiful length and definition, once I let the first coat set I apply a second coat and get the most lush lashes ever. Trust me girls, you can definitely get a false eyelash affect with this mascara. I honestly can say that I won't be parting with this mascara anytime soon, and I hope they never discontinue it. For the record I have small, deep set eyes and usually have to wear shadow to make my eyes pop, but with just this mascara on I have very defined eyes. It's amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by petitepoire

another miss for me. GlamEyes is still the only Rimmel mascara that works for me, but CoverGirl Lash Blast is still my HG drugstore mascara. this mascara didn't give me any volume but it did give me length which was not the reason why i bought it. true, it is the biggest brush Rimmel has ever come out with but i think the combination of both the sparse bristles on the brush and the wet light formula makes it not so effective. i like that it didn't clump, but i got a little smudging though. not the most terrible mascara ever but not the best either. never buying this again.

EDIT 11/12/09- Right out of the package, it doesn't do much for my lashes But i found that after a few days, once the brush has collected more product on it from being pumped in and out, it works pretty good. it's given me pretty much the same results as CG Lash blast which i like. it almost looks like i'm wearing falsies. so i'm bumping it up to 4 lippies. i would consider maybe buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 10:22:00 AM More reviews by AnneBoleyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought it as an alternative to my HQ of the moment - The Colossal from Maybelline. It makes its due!! thick, long and very black long lashes and it is only priced 9.9 euros ...I like to wear them together anyway: The Colossal add more lenght, The Max more volume. Together they give you impressive lashes and ok, 9.9 + 10.9 euros make the price of a mascara purchased in a purfume shop, but the result is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Nadiia3mmx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE big thick long curled lashes, so i used the rimmel sexy curves, then this, then a avon one alot i know! out of all 3 this is the best, i the bright pink bottle is mega girly and cute, then the product is very good too! cant complain really, plumps my lashes, and lengthens them.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by olive77

Just picked this up today in color 003 (extreme black) and WOW my lashes have the most volume and length that I have ever seen!!! I'm a definite mascara junkie and generally don't write reviews unless I'm really impressed or really disappointed in a product -- and this mascara clearly falls into the former category. My lashes look long, dark, thick and still lush at the same time.

That lush (or full lash) look that it gives I find especially impressive. Most mascaras that deliver on intensity (volume, darkness, and length) tend to look a bit spidery, too separated, or still. But for some reason, this makes me look like I'm one of the few who are genetically blessed with absurdly gorgeous lashes. Not that I'm saying this gives a "natural" lash look -- it definitely does not. It just somehow makes it look like I naturally have thick, gorgeous, intense lashes. Amazing!!

I will note that you DO need to put on more coats that you might expect. When I first applied it, I was worried that I had purchased a dud since one or two passes of the brush didn't seem to do that much. (With other Rimmel mascaras that I've liked, you get intensity really quickly.) But as I continued to layer, my lashes transformed -- never getting spidery, just increasing in fluttery lushness :) This is definitely a keeper!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No