August 28, 2014 | 1665 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Volume Flash The Max - Extreme Black 003

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by DanaV78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I would fall in love with a Rimmel product so hard. I had just about given up on this line, when this hot pink case was incredibly hard to take my eyes off of and I immediately thought worst case scenario, Target has a great return policy, I am always there, and thus will be easy to return...I had already had set up this dynamo for failure. I tend to hate the mascaras that most the MUA'ers love and love the ones that everyone seems to hate, so expectations were low, but I am just too obsessed with makeup not to want to try everything out there...try I did...and I have fallen head over heels...I am nto going to go over what everyone else has said because boy is the feeling mutual...but two coats and my lashes have lengthened instantly, yes they look false, yes this miraculous bottle does not create any clumping on my lashes nor have I had to go overthem with an eyelash comb. Also I love the fact that it doesn't cause any drying, so if I touch my lashes, it feels like nothing is on them, which also allows me to add some extra oomph if I am going out for a cocktail with the ladies after work and want to add an extra coat without it making it look like spider lashes...absolutely adore this and am crossing my fingers that it sticks around for while. Give it a shot if you haven't already!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

super fantastic!!! this mascara is quite a little workhorse, and i am so glad that i let myself be wooed into buying it because of a few (at the time) good reviews and a cute, hot pink tube. so first of all, to me the number one most important aspect of a mascara is that it be able to hold a curl. i am borderline obsessive compulsive about curling my lashes and having them stay propped up all day long. this mascara does a great job of curl-securing and so much more! for a long time i've avoided volumizing mascaras because what i really want is super long, slightly thickened (NOT spidery) and splayed out lashes and i usually get better luck achieving that with lengthening formulas. however, lately all the lengthening mascaras i've tried have just been leaving me feeling kind of blah because a few hours after i put them on and i glance in a mirror, my lashes are very subtle. too subtle. this mascara gives MEGA length and can be layered for fantastic, dramatic yet not spidery volume. it's exactly what i think Diorshow SHOULD be but isn't. another huge plus in my opinion is that there is not a bit of flaking or smudging with this product but i've only been using it for about a week so we'll have to see how it holds up as i mostly find that once a mascara gets a little older the flaking starts showing up. now the brush is not my absolute favorite, it's kind of 4 sided and tends to get overloaded with product, so every three or four applications i take a tissue and wipe off almost all the mascara from the wand and it solves the issue. the way i get the best results with this mascara is to curl lashes, apply, let dry very thoroughly, then curl again and apply another coat very lightly and mostly just on the tips. i get gorgeous, wowza results. honestly, i am a mascara FIEND and so i'm a pretty harsh judge but this mascara is worth a lot of raving. i've even gotten asked for the first time in my life if i was wearing falsies! definitely worth trying out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 4:25:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Stays on well for something that gives so much volume. Such thick lashes with this (mine are normally very sparse and quite short.) *****My lashes don't look like that picture that has the very clumpy-looking lashes.****** It's similar to Full and Soft and Voluminous but stays on much better. Inexpensive. Comes off very easily with my cleanser/water. The brush is fine for me.

CONS: Doesn't hold a curl well. Can look a little dry and crunchy. Not the easiest to apply (takes a little practice), but looks great once I get my coats on. I also like to use a comb with this so that I get any clumps out. Can flake after a few hours.

ALTERNATES: For HE and even more lasting on the lashes, try MUFE Smoky Lash. The Falsies by Maybelline (then covered by Clarins Double Fix, to waterproof it) OR The Rocket by Maybelline (waterproof) is wonderful for volume and lots of length. For lots of volume and good length, I like Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof, OR Milani's Runway Lashes (covered by Clarins Double Fix).

APPLICATION TIPS: I love Shiseido's mascara primer (new one) for helping to hold a curl and making the mascara last WAY longer without any transfer/flaking.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have long lashes that need volume/lifting. While this does a good job at buliding volume, it applied uneven and sometimes clumpy. Nothing a brush through can't fix but overall my Full nSoft mascara does all of this without need to use a lash comb afterwards.

Packaging was cute, and the brush is designed well, although I found it to be a bit scratchy. Overall, no flaking/smudging once it dries. Decent mascara but nothing I can't live without.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Splashofcolourx

When Buying the Maybelline max volume flash I was lloking for exactly what it said on the front, amazing volume! And while I id get alot of volume I am quite dissapointed with the quality of this product. The bright pink and gold writing on the front makes it look amazing and very appealing, however do not be fooled! If I could describe this mascara in one work I would use clumpy! As soon as you pull the wand out from the tube the wand is over-clumped with exess product which you must scrape of at the side. When applying to the lashes alot of product makes your lashes stick together and look tacky. If applied properly you may get the desired affect ,however, the clumpy look is not very attractive. I would not repurchase!
Splashofcolourx

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by solyacska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure why I purchased a non-waterproof Rimmel mascara - only waterproof holds my curl and Rimmel mascaras are horrible.

This is no exception. It didn't do anything for volume and made my lashes thin and wispy. I reckon you'd need at least 3 coats of this to make it work. I never got that far though because this just makes lashes WILT in a matter of seconds. My lashes are quite thin and straight so I curl them before I apply mascara. This straightened them out just beautifully.

I really wanted to make this work so I topped off my Maybelline Colossal waterproof with this. Colossal holds a curl amazingly well, so I thought I'd apply this on the ends of my lashes for some extra length. It made the ends straighten out and wilt down, it looked horrendous.

I think Maybelline is a lot more reliable with mascara, I never had any major disappointments with them. Unlike Rimmel - Extra Super Lash, Volume Flash and Glam Eyes were all just very bad. Spend your money elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 7:48:00 AM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Having tried (and hated) Rimmel's other mascaras, I was sure that this mascara would be a dud. But I was pleasantly surprised to discover that this one is quite good! It gives me long, dark lashes and doesn't flake or smudge. It doesn't hold a curl particularly well, though, and I'm noticing that the formula is quickly drying out. But it's so inexpensive (like, $5 at Wal-Mart? Obscenely cheap!) that I don't mind rebuying. Finally, a Rimmel mascara that doesn't suck!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 6:20:00 AM More reviews by MyFavoriteWeapon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I recently purchased this mascara at my local Ulta after being horribly disappointed by Covergirl Lashblast. Before buying this mascara I was tempted to part with a good $30.00 of my money for DiorShow, I'm glad I tried this instead. With just one coat of mascara I have beautiful length and definition, once I let the first coat set I apply a second coat and get the most lush lashes ever. Trust me girls, you can definitely get a false eyelash affect with this mascara. I honestly can say that I won't be parting with this mascara anytime soon, and I hope they never discontinue it. For the record I have small, deep set eyes and usually have to wear shadow to make my eyes pop, but with just this mascara on I have very defined eyes. It's amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by petitepoire

another miss for me. GlamEyes is still the only Rimmel mascara that works for me, but CoverGirl Lash Blast is still my HG drugstore mascara. this mascara didn't give me any volume but it did give me length which was not the reason why i bought it. true, it is the biggest brush Rimmel has ever come out with but i think the combination of both the sparse bristles on the brush and the wet light formula makes it not so effective. i like that it didn't clump, but i got a little smudging though. not the most terrible mascara ever but not the best either. never buying this again.

EDIT 11/12/09- Right out of the package, it doesn't do much for my lashes But i found that after a few days, once the brush has collected more product on it from being pumped in and out, it works pretty good. it's given me pretty much the same results as CG Lash blast which i like. it almost looks like i'm wearing falsies. so i'm bumping it up to 4 lippies. i would consider maybe buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 10:22:00 AM More reviews by AnneBoleyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought it as an alternative to my HQ of the moment - The Colossal from Maybelline. It makes its due!! thick, long and very black long lashes and it is only priced 9.9 euros ...I like to wear them together anyway: The Colossal add more lenght, The Max more volume. Together they give you impressive lashes and ok, 9.9 + 10.9 euros make the price of a mascara purchased in a purfume shop, but the result is amazing.