Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 6/2/2012 5:36:00 AM

This has parabens (perservatives) in it which is extremely bad and unhealthy for your face long term it will age you and is linked to cause cancer and depending on your skin type you can expect to breakout when using this. This product clogs my pores and i have broken out every time I have worn it and i get extremely oliy after a while plus dry patches. I DON'T recommend this product to anyone under ANY circumstances especially people who are acne prone, anyone that has sensitive or combination skin. It feels extremely heavey and cakey plus it gets terribley oily after a few hours yet at the same time looks chalky this is weird i know but this experience with the foundation has made me age quickly and just completely let me down. I will NEVER be buying this stuff EVER again. this product is toxic to the face. (litteraly) I cannot find my match for this product either i have tried multiples but every color seems too pink or yellow for my face. The only good thing i can say is you get full coverage. Thats about it but it is definitely not worth buying again there are other foundations that can give you just as good coverage (if not better) without all the cons of this product. I also noticed when i put it on my face it some what matte and dewy i really cant tell with this one but it didnt seem to have ANY glitter or shimmer in it when i put it on my face. (which is fine i go for a matte finish anyway) but i accidentally spilt a large amount on a piece of white paper and noticed that after it dried it was EXTEREMLY glittery. I dunno i was turned off by that. never ever getting this stuff again... also be sure to take this off with a MAKEUP REMOVER not a scrub if you scrub before using a makeup remover your scrubbing makeup into your skin...NOT good you dont wanna do that. if you cant afford or do want to go out and buy makeup remover just mix two equal parts of witch hazel and olive oil to get it off. I cant imagine wearing this in heat I have had it melt right off my face so I dont even think its good for that. I believe there are SO MANY products out there that do not have parabens (Tarte) and are overall better formulated ex. estee lauder double wear if you want a true longwear matte finish. I live in arizona and it was 110 degrees outside i kid you not the maybeline was like chalk juice streaked on my face I didnt realize it looked like this till i got home. So embarrassing... i was standing in the mirror laughing!

on 5/31/2012 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I really hate to give a negative review! This gave me great coverage but didn't build well (became cakey), did not last long (about four hours) without needing touchups, oxidized on me to an orangey color, and made my face oilier than usual! It also sets very quickly like Colorstay, so I found it hard to blend in time.

on 5/27/2012 11:40:00 AM

This has got to be the weirdest foundation. Overall, it's not bad. It's not the best. But it's not completely horrible either. It's a basic drugstore foundation. I got it in the lightest shade. It is very liquidy but it matches my skin and kind of melts in. It didn't settle into pores or anything. It would be a good everyday foundation when you don't want to do a completely full face or just running errands.

But here's where the weirdness sets in: If I wear this 2 or more days in a row, I get weird dry patches all over my face. So obviously there's something in this that dries out my face. I've never had this happen with any other foundation. I wish it didn't do this because it would be an everyday foundation for me. I like to use cheaper drugstore foundations for everyday and high end when I want a more polished look. If that makes sense.

I will use this up but I won't be repurchasing it as I can't wear it everyday.

on 5/19/2012 9:32:00 AM

I have used MANY foundations in the past but I have to say I am an absolute ADDICT of this product. I have used it for over two years straight so I try to buy it in bulk when its on special. I had acne as a teenager but now my skin is clear. However, I have a lot of acne scars and my face has quite an uneven skin tone. I also have freckles (which I love). This product is my favourite because it gives just enough coverage to hide my scars, yet not so much that it will have a 'cake' effect and hide my freckles. Though I wouldn't really try and wear any makeup for a 24 hour period, this product does last pretty long for me... I even wearing it during exercise (and workout pretty hard and sweat a lot) and it still lasts. The product rarely transfers onto my clothes or anyone else's.

Thus, I give this product a big big big 5... my only suggestion would be for a pump bottle.. the screw bottle can be a little messy. Also because it is glass its quite heavy. However this is a small price to pay for such a great product!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is great for it's coverage. I have acne scars nd with jst a small bit of this they were practically gone. It last a fairly long time surtanly not 24hrs but atleast a whole school/work day so like 6-8hrs tops. I did not get any breakout at all nd the product was slightly thick not watery. Down falls: no pump, mostly pink undertones dats it! Overall great product

on 5/17/2012 6:47:00 PM

I love this foundation! Mainly because it STAYS ON MY FACE. I have combination skin and it controls it nicely. This is my favorite foundation and I will continue to use this until I find better. The only thing I hate is the color selection. I have light to medium yellow undertoned skin and this foundation has NO yellow undertones. Besides nude, but nude is literally orange. I use sand beige because it is not TOO pink but is also a better match for my skin other than nude. Other than that this foundation is perfect and my holy grail.

on 5/7/2012 4:22:00 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation to bits ! I don't need to use primer beforehand It stays on my extremely oily face until the end of the day. I just need to touch up my t-zone. It is by far the only foundation that I've tried that matches my skin. Even in MAC it's hard to find a perfect match for me. I always need to mix and match *boo*. This foundation looks natural and does not cake up on me. I used this on my prom and it made my face look flawless! It didn't leave any white cast even though it has SPF.

on 5/6/2012 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OKAY, so I am not sure why I AM such a HUGE foundation junkie, I ALWAYS buy lots of foundations over any other makeup product, 2nd to that would be bronzers.. BUT anyway I recently started shopping and experimenting with drug store make-up lines this being one of them.. i never spent less than $28 on foundations(dept store brands).. I get my shopping list from beauty gurus on utube like most girls..I LOVED HOW this product looks on my skin.. i have some pits on my right cheek about like 5 or 6 small ones (ew) this GLIDED on so smooth and i loved the texture, easy to blend. and the color for me -classic beige: nc25-30 in MAC was a ok fit.. a bit tanned but i liked the way it made me look.. nice and sunkissed..
BUT AFTER AN HOUR my face was SOOOO SHINY!!!!!! NO JOKE I had to touch up at least 5-6 times.. from 7am-10pm(thats when my day ends) but i must say besides the shine it made my skin look healthy and i can actually see my skin.. it enhances my skin instead of masking it like other ones. made me look as if i had a nice skin tone. WISH IT HAD A PUMP, but OVERALL nice shade and consistency was right.. I think i might try the NUDE shade.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This doesn't really get my tail wagging...mostly because I was so impressed by FitMe from Maybelline... I guess I was expecting a 24Hr version of that. the Superstay I tried was a bit too orangey...I have a tricky olive skin, so it's always difficult to find a shade that fits. And it says that it doesn't rub off...and it kinda did. I'm happy with my FitMe, but wish it were longwear.

on 5/3/2012 12:33:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

FABULOUS foundation. Love love love love love love love it. I can't remember what made me buy this foundation but I'm so glad I did. I'm not sure if it does last 24 hours as I don't keep my make up on for that long but it defiantly lasted from the AM to the PM. The coverage is medium to full, defiantly not cakey even with a few layers on, so easy to blend into skin and just perfect. Defiantly a lot better then any other foundation i've tried (revlon colorstay lol) I TOTALLY recommend this foundation to anyone looking for a long lasting foundation. 5/5 LOVE IT