April 20, 2014 | 1721 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by Tpot

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My dermatologist recommended this for the eczema on my body. I used it on my face & never looked back! I love it as a simple, no frills moisturiser. It's creamy but not oily, reliable & does not contain any fancy (read: potentialy irritating) ingredients. Fragrance free, moisturises well without any greasiness on me. My skin is just calm & moisturised. I reach for it when I need a break from all the rest or when my skin is in trouble & sensitised from whatever I've thrown at it, or when the weather is cold & dry. It works well every time! Convenient when travelling because I get mine in a tube (no jar where I stay), & it can be used on both face & body without blowing out my budget. Highly recommend this!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great, gentle, vaseline-based cream with a "body butter" texture. I use it mainly for soothing irritated skin and protecting skin on my face and hands before I go out in the cold. Cetaphil products are the only thing I can use when my eczema breaks out, but I don't find them hydrating enough for everyday use- I really like these products as more of a protector or sealant. If I don't have straight vaseline this is also something I put "over" olive or argan oil to treat my hands or face at night in winter. If you like Galderma products and want something with a little more healing, the Restoraderm line is quite nice, as well. I like the tube for my hands and face, but use the pot for body moisturizing.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by hotasice91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This seriously didn't do anything to my skin, it didn't get softer or clearer the bright side is that it didn't break me up. That's why I'm giving it a 2. I wouldn't buy it again, I've bought way better drug store moisturizers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

After a month of not properly moisturizing my body, I came home from work one day, showered, and literally, and I mean literally applied about two handfuls of this stuff all over my freshly shaved body, which felt very dry and uncomfortable. Rubbing giant handfuls of this stuff all over felt very therapeutic, and I should definetely make a habit of this. The cream is so rich and emollient, and is like a drink for my parched skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by ulia032

This is the best night-time moisturizer for dry skin, especially during the winter. Helps with dryness and doesn't irritate sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 4:00:00 AM More reviews by kmm82512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this moisturizer for around 10 years. It's incredibly moisturizing without being oily or greasy and it feels wonderful on my tight, dry skin. Had I written this review only a few months ago, I would have given it a solid 5...
HOWEVER, I have finally realized that this cream is most likely the source of the bumpy skin texture on my upper cheeks just below the eye socket, and on the sides of my nose... all the places where I need moisture the most. "Chicken skin" is the best way to describe its appearance. I no longer use it in those areas, but I still use it everywhere else on my face and body because I love it so much. I almost gave it 3 lippies because it caused skin texture problems for me, but it's saving grace is that it's a very versatile product that I use everywhere else and it's the most moisturizing cream I've ever used.
This is a very good product and I really want to continue using it as a facial moisturizer for my parched nose and cheeks, but I can't. I love how it feels on my skin, but not what it does to my skin in those areas.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to body cream for those days I really want something thick to lock in moisture. I usually use this in conjunction with my coconut oil after showers for my legs and arms and it works great at leaving my skin soft. Well it better because it's so thick! I also love that there is no fragrance which is the main reason why I picked it up. Price is cheap too and you get a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by SkyBrooke

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard about this product from my grandmother who swears by it and that it's a miracle. I was quite skeptical because I have been dealing with acne for a long time so i dont really want to slap stuff on my face. However....when I tried some i was FLOORED!!!!!! I have super dry skin so when i have acne, its a flaky mess!!! when i use this product its like heaven! within a few days my acne looked a lot more relaxed. If that makes any sense...haha But my skin was smoother and my makeup went on way easier! Its amazing for your whole body as it sinks deep into your skin. its AMAZING!

My only complaint would be the packaging. I can deal with the price but i don't quite like the way you have to stick your hand into the product. I feel like its unsanitary. However, it wouldn't work with a pump since its so thick. I guess ill have to live with it for now. But its soooooo worth it!!! I use it as a primer under my makeup and a plus is that its hypoallergenic so i don't have worry about it irritating my skin!! Definitely recommending this to anyone who suffers from the horrors of dry skin and acne.!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Rokmelon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cream is hands down the best body "butter" I have ever used. It sinks right into my skin and soothes it immediately and causes no irritation.

When I looked at the ingredients I realized why I loved it so much, Petrolatum-better known as Vaseline is the second ingredient!

(I use Vaseline on my face every day for a year now and still love it)

Along with Glycerin and Sweet Almond oil it is perfectly emulsified and doesn't feel greasy at all (to me)

A definate keeper and very affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Avonlea82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very dry skin on my face due to using Tactuo (which is awesome, but definitely drying). I was looking for a really good moisturizer for my face and read good things about this cream. It is so nice! It is so lovely and creamy that you only need the smallest amount, so even though a tub of it is not cheap, it will last for a long time. I use it on my entire face in the morning and it doesn't feel sticky or greasy. It is very light. I also like that it is un-scented and for sensitive skin, and bonus - made in Canada. It's also great that it can be used on other parts of the body as well - an great all purpose moisturizing cream!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No