September 22, 2014 | 2037 users online

Skincare - Face - Grapeseed oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Sanzibar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought grapeseed oil from Swanson's because I'd heard good things about it. I wasn't really expecting much from it though. I was using it once in awhile as a body oil after my showers & didn't really notice much change. I love the way coconut oil makes my skin feel but it just takes such a long time to absorb. But now that winter weather has arrived, I've started using the grapeseed oil daily after my shower all over my body. I apply it liberally to damp skin and it absorbs quickly. My skin doesn't feel greasy or sticky and there's no noticeable scent. I sometimes use a light layer of body lotion over it if my skin has been feeling especially dry. Using it daily, I have now begun to see improvement in my skin texture & softness. I have hopes this will finally get rid of that awful k.p. on my upper arms. I'll update if I get even better results.

UPDATE: Feb 2011 ... This didn't eliminate my k.p. BUT ... I will always have this wonder oil on hand. It's dirt cheap & the best body oil I've ever used. I didn't realize how much my skin loved it until I skipped applying it after my shower the other day: dry, itchy, dull skin. I use other oils for make-up removal & cleansing but this is my HG body oil.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by mountaingem

Grapeseed oil, how do I love thee? This is great as a makeup remover, as many here have said. It is super gentle, soothing...it's almost like a remover and a treatment in one. My acne prone skin has no issues with it, seems be normalizing my oil production,too.

I was using baby oil for my mega waterproof mascara/sunblock removal (which I still keep on standby), but it was making my eyelashes fall out! This actually seems to be making my eyelashes grow longer, and I don't have the eyelashes coming out with the mascara removal anymore. Even my husband noticed the difference when I had no mascara on...I'm sold.

Of course it's not really packaged the best, I buy organic in bulk in the cooking department, then transfer to a smaller bottle.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by JMJM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my new go-to nighttime moisturizer. I love grapeseed oil's astringent properties, it is keeping my skin clear and moisturized!

I bought this at a health food store and almost bought it in a small bottle in their beauty section, but then had a brainwave and went to the cooking oil section and bought a gigantic glass bottle of the stuff for only a few bucks more. So if you're going to buy this, my advice is to check the cooking oil section first!

I poured some into an old glass pump bottle and keep the rest under the sink.

I've used this for months now and I haven't broken out once. I used to use DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil, but using plain oils like grapeseed, olive, or jojoba is much cheaper and just as effective.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by MissBehaviour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using organic grapeseed oil (apparently cosmetic grade) from German brand Primavera for a year now. My skin is dry and sensitive and this is the only thing that heals the occasional hormonal breakout or skin irritation super fast. If my skin is irritated I apply a little bit of this on cleansed, slightly damp skin and simply leave on overnight. In the morning blemishes and breakouts are always substantially soothed and reduced.

I also use this now and then as a cleansing oil in my rotation of skincare oils and products. It's not moisturising enough for my dry skin to use as an everyday moisturiser, but due to its wonderful soothing properties this has become a staple product in my skincare arsenal.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 9:03:00 AM More reviews by amkoch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, I rarely write reviews, but since I rely on them as a consumer, I thought I would put in my 2 cents worth. I've never had good skin, as a result of teenage to early 20s acne and sun damage. But for the last 10 years or so, it has been calm and breakout free (except for an occasional mild flare). I have noticed that glycolic acid tended to break me out like crazy, but other than that, things were OK. Then in July I started to have a crazy breakout, begininng with small bumps and clogged pores to cystic, painful acne all over my face and neck. It was killing me. I thought maybe one of my cleansers was the culprit and tried a million things (probably spending over 500 dollars on products). Then I began to think it was inflammatory and a reaction to all of the chemicals in the products I was using and I did some research and came up with the crazy idea to use grapeseed oil. I bought a good sized bottle at wholefoods for about 7 dollars (!!!!) It has been over 2 weeks now and I have to say things have calmed down almost completely (still some work to go!). I added a few drops of tea tree oil and I really think this is helping. I use 2 drops on my face and pat it around. It absorbs quickly and leaves a subtle natural glow. And it seems to be moisturizing just enough. Also, at night I put Argan oil around my eyes and I think this is helping with fine lines. I also scrub with baking soda every other day. Im now so obsessed with natural products that I have thrown away all my expensive bottles and my medicine cabinet is being filled with kitchen products!

ADDENDUM: iT WAS NOT QUITE THE MIRACLE i WAS HOPING FOR, IN FACT i SWITCHED TO SUNFLOWER AND THEN SAFFLOWER OIL (WHICH WAS BETTER). ALL IN ALL, THESE OILS ARE NOT MOISTURIZING ENOUGH (ALTHOUGH GREASY)AND I STILL HAD PRETTY BAD BREAKOUTS. I AM TRYING WELEDA SKIN FOOD FOR A WEEK NOW AND THINGS HAVE IMPROVED EVEN MORE!

8 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by ashley92504

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i just donīt get it! i wanted to love this knowing all the benefits of grape seed oil on the skin, but it dried out my skin more instead of actually moisturizing it! which is something that puzzles me! i bought now foods brand from gnc , and i am just hoping that they have a good return policy, i have had the stuff for less than a week, and my skin doesn't like it.
if they donīt let me return it i will use it for makeup remover and wash my face after.

update 10/15/10:
i did return this to gnc, wasn't worth the money.
but i only put this at a 3 because this oil makes my skin feel tight, and drier.
I kept it that i would not buy again, but i would recommend anyone (oily?) to try this and see how their skin reacts.

Grapeseed oil is an astringent & drying oil, I did not know that before when I first used the product.

if you do decide to try this, buy this at a grocery store/health food store because it will be cheaper. my grocery store had a sale 16oz for $3 and GNC's now foods was $10 for 16oz.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by fading_visions

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG makeup remover! It removes everything in a cinch, it's cheap and best of all it's natural. Not only does it remove my makeup, the oil keeps my skin soft and supple. Because it is filled with antioxidants and other good stuff, I feel like my skin is also looking better and that the grapeseed oil has helped keep breakouts under control and blackheads away.

Amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 3:36:00 AM More reviews by bunnybooty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

All those expensive skinlines can kiss my booty (claudalie I'm looking at u) how they go on and on about their secret magical ingredient grapeseed oil which is supposed to stop wrinkles, making ppl shell out $30+ for tiny products.

I bought 16 oz of pure grapeseed oil for $10. It is perfection on oily/combo skin because it's the lightest oil I've ever used. It balances out the skin within a week. I use it as a cleanser and after-shower moisturizer for the face.

I tried it on my legs but it wasn't moisturizing enough so if you tend to get dry mix this with a heavier oil like almond or olive for sufficient moisture.

ETA: I used to have cystic acne, using this with mint julep mask and pure rose water as toner got rid of them completely within 1 month. You cannot know how petrified I was trying it but just trusted MUAers and nailbunny it all worked out. It wont work for everyone, we all have different problems and causation but this worked perfectly on me.

Great at removing makeup, doesn't sting the eyes (unlike almond oil), and is a good little barrier. My skin soaks it up completely within 1 hr.
Even if you only use it as an eye makeup remover, it'll still save you loads of money and are much safer than products with 10+ ingredients.

26 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Grapeseed oil is exceptional no matter what purpose you use it for (culinary, nutrition, beauty, etc). It feels very light & is anti-oxidant. Highly recommend.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by msangelides

I mix grapeseed oil with coarse sea salt for a wonderful body scrub! It also works well as a pre-shave treatment.