August 29, 2014 | 1815 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2006 8:52:00 AM More reviews by KellyNC

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

So disappointed this doesn't adhere to nails like Orly Rubber Bonder. My manicure started to wear off tips by the next day, and I even used Opi pH bonder to prep nail before Stickey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2006 5:02:00 PM More reviews by silkyskin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best polish primre ever!! It makes my polish stay on longer, and it helps prevent polish from chipping. I can totally tell a difference when I don't use it, and this is something I will not go without. A manicure staple :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2006 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Elankat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My experience was the same as Randiu's. Using Stickey did not help my manicures last longer. I was using it with OPI, Essie or China Glaze polishes and Poshe or Revlon Colorstay top coat, so it wasn't an issue of the polish or top coat. In fact, I get better wear when I use Essie 3 Way Glaze as my base coat. Plus, I had the same issues with Stickey drying out my nails and causing polish to streak. My nails started peeling quite a bit more when I used Stickey. I swapped it away and went back to 3 Way Glaze.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2006 12:18:00 PM More reviews by randiu

Again, another okay product from CND. I don't really find it preserves the life of my manicures any better than other basecoats, and I also find it bit drying on my nails. Some colours seem to apply weird over it. They become streaky when they never were before and are more difficult to apply. It's not a bad product for a basecoat, but just not a HG (which I have yet to find for a basecoat). I used it for a few months, but don't really care for it anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2006 2:06:00 PM More reviews by rachesi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is okay...I mean, it hasn't exactly prolonged the life of my manicure, but then again, it hasn't made it any worse. It dries quickly though, which is good. My biggest gripe with this is that it seems to make my natural nails weaker- they are peeling more than they used to. I wouldn't buy this again, I much prefer my OPI base coat, which is just as good but without the peeling.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2006 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Oleander

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff totally works!! Makes a strong bond with the polish (probably because it's not a smooth surface), and so my color chips less. My only small gripe is that its greenish-blue color changes the base color of my nails, so if you are using a single coat of a very light sheer polish, I feel you can see a bit of blue. It's not overt, but I still think I can see it. I would love it if Creative would make Stickey colorless. But this base coat works so well that I will continue to use it despite this teeny tiny complaint. Highly recommend you give this a try! :)

EDITED: I have dropped my review to a 3 overall due to severe peeling of my nails after a few months of use. Stickey is a great base coat for polish wear, but the peeling is unbearable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2006 2:33:00 PM More reviews by xostargl1tterxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG BASECOAT!!! my opi nailpolish didnt budge till about day 5 too! my nailpolish usually chips within a couple hours, so i stopped wearing nailpolish for a couple years and just did acrylics. i got annoyed at the look of acrylics so i went back to nailpolish. im on the computer all day so i expected the tips to start chipping and wearing by day 2. but nope! i will try the "stickey sandwich" that was just suggested by another MUA'er to see if i can extend the wear to 7 days instead!!! i LOVE this stuff! =) =) =)

*edit 01.13.06: i just did the "sticky sandwich" using OPI's Samoan Sand polish. the one thing i noticed was that the green color of stickey changed the color of samoan sand a little bit, but then i think it was corrected back when i used Creative Nail's Super Shiney top coat since it is purple. so right now i think the green and purple canceled eachothe out and now samoan sand is back to its original color =) i will update later about the "stickey sandwich"!

***EDIT 1.17.06... stickey sandwich definitely works!! thanks for the tip! =) because of my excessive computer typing, my polish started to wear a little, but no chips!! the wear is not noticible unless i go really up close. i put another coat of Super Shiney on last nite. i think this manicure will make it to 7 days!! =) that will be a first for me!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2006 1:16:00 PM More reviews by melfie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best base coat. I use it to make a "sticky sandwich". I put a miniscule drop of cuticle oil on the center of each nail, rub it in then wipe off. I then do a Sticky base coat, 2 coats of polish, a coat of Sticky and then a coat of Out the Door. My nails don't start to chip until day 5 and usually only very minimally. Normally polish chips in hours on me. I'm a nurse and my hands are always in water.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2005 5:37:00 PM More reviews by champagnefrost

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HEARD ABOUT IT THROUGH A FRIEND AND WHEN I SAW THAT JILL FROM QVC USES SUPER SHINEY TOP COAT, I BOUGHT THAT AND FOUND STICKEY NEXT TO IT AND COULDN'T BELIEVE - 2 WONDERFUL PRODUCTS!

THE STICKEY BASE MAKES MY POLISH LAST A L L W E E K LONG AND I'M A CHIPPER/PEELER. TRIED THEM ALL AND THIS IS THE BEST.

SIMPLY PERFECT AND AMAZING!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2005 4:33:00 PM More reviews by iceprincess0792

I've come across many base coats in my day and because i can get nail polishes and the like dirt cheap I thought I'd try this. It's not bad it really wasn't. But I stil love my diamond dry nails top coat much much better.