MAC Lustre in Syrup

4.4

on 11/27/2010 2:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I'm in love with this color!! It's gorgeous and natural...it's a pink/purplish color. I wear it almost everyday and it's exactly like the color of my lips...only adds extra sheen to my lips which i love :) I was looking for a nude lipstick for a very long time and finally my search ends :) You don't necessarily need a lip-liner unless you're blending syrup with some other shade! It's more like a lip gloss...although I would still pick this over a gloss. If you want a everyday lip color...I'd strongly recommend this one!

on 11/24/2010 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Maybe my favorite color of all time. It's just enough of a pop of color without being over the top. I can wear it everyday. It's a rich mauve. And the texture is luscious. It's so smooth and silky on. Looks great and feels great.

on 10/26/2010 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It's a lovely color but didn't look ok on me. Too dark for daytime, too purple/berry on the lips.
I'm rating it 4 because of the texture. It goes on sooo creamy!! I can see how it'd look pretty on most people

on 10/15/2010 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

MAC describes this as a cloudy pink. This is a sheer berry pink mid tone lipstick with purplish undertones that gives a rather natural blush pink hue to lips. No brown overtones and absolutely no shimmer. Applying several layers would give a more purplish look. Quite close in colour to MAC's limited edition lipsticks -- Laugh A Lot and Viva Glam VI Special Edition. A bit more purplish and more sheer than MAC's Sweetie. Very pretty indeed for spring and summer. I love this colour and would buy it again.

on 10/14/2010 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I was excited about this colour after reading reviews... I was expecting more of a dark neutral with some mauve. It turned out that on my lips it just looked like a pinky red. Not at all what I was expecting.

on 10/12/2010 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Sadly, this just didn't flatter me. It looked like such a lovely colour in the store but it just had too much mauve in it to suit me. It is a soft mauvey pink which is too cool for my warm toned skin. Makes me look a little ill, which is a shame, because this lipstick feels nice. But, it sits in the bottom of my lipstick drawer and I take it out every now and then, try it on and wipe it off.

on 10/12/2010 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This was my first and favorite MAC lipsticks. It's the perfect everyday lipstick that can go with anything. I usually buy this shade for my friends bday gift. Can't go wrong with this colour, it goes with any skin tone. The lipstick it self is a luster so its very creamy and sheer. Its a mauve colour. Just love it!!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is a beautiful mauve dusty pink. I like the glossy finish and its about two shades darker than my natural lip color. A total MLBB shade.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I love syrup lipstick by MAC. It's a great shade of purple with pink as well. Goes on sheer and easy to apply.

on 10/5/2010 5:27:00 PM

my first MAC lipstick purchase. Love the lustre formula and the color payoff is wonderful for being a slightly sheer color.

The color can lean a bit purple on my lips, but most days it is a great every-day pinky MLBB shade.

Doesn't last long at all, so you have to reapply often. So goes it with the lustre finishes.

This is the lipstick I've used the most out of my entire collection. I might actually finish an entire tube of lipstick. One down...soooo many to go. :)

Recommended for Medium Skin