July 24, 2014 | 1256 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by cew1114

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first Mac lipstick I ever bought and I am in love with it!!!!! It looks so dark in the tube, but it is actually a very reasonable color. It is also kind of shiny- so it looks like you have a clear gloss on under it. I think that's because its a lustre. I think this color would look good on anyone, because it is very buildable. Thanks for reading!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

it's not a bad color. i got this as part of the BAC to MAC program. a nice neutral...but i think there are better colors out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by kvmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the lipstick I wear most days to work. It's pigmented enough to cover my lips, which are quite pigmented and a yellowy red.

The colour is not 'nude' on me - in daylight it's quite mauve-ish, almost lilac-y, but it's a very subtle and neutral colour.

The finish of this is lovely - it feels glossy and moisturising, and it doesn't highlight or pick up dry areas of my lips.

I will definitely buy this again - mine has gone all squished and strange and is nearly finished after so much wear.

Verdict? Not a must-have, or a standout from the permanent collection, but a lovely lipstick to have in your neutral collection.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Helenaray

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am NC25 and my lips are not very pigmented.
I saw a friend using it and she looked so pretty so I asked her what she was wearing. She told me she was wearing . Her skin is very fair and her lips are naturally purple+red. She looked very beautiful at that time, but I did not look good on me.

Later, I bought Laura Mercier, lipstick gloss and this is much better.

Syrup is a great product but it was not for me. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by botitas1977

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just bought this lipstick and my non makeup loving husband actually said this looked nice. He said it looks like my natural lip color. I am an nc40-nc42 and this is the perfect NUDE LIKE shade for me with just the tiniest bit of color to it. I always thought a really nude lip looks weird.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 10:33:00 AM More reviews by ScarlettBegonias

I am NC20 and this stuff is the perfect shade for me. I was looking for something to add just a little pigment to my lips and this does the trick. It brightens up my face and makes me look healthy and alive! There isn't a whole lot of color to it so don't expect something overwhelming. The color does build well with layering. This is perfect for the lipstick shy girl (like myself) My only gripe is it's a tad drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by nattyd16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this today, and I am in LOVE. This is totally MLBB. I paired it with Dervish l/l, and can not stop staring at my lips. Now my lips are fairly pigmented, and I am NC 35-37 with extreme yellow undertones. This color is a warm pinky mauve color, and it looked frighteningly dark in the tube. I made myself try it because I am usually a pink l/g girl - SOOOO glad I did, I'm going back tomorrow to pick up a back up!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was kind of a huge let down for me. I am NW20, dark brown, almost black hair, brown eyes. Syrup wasn't my lips but better...it was just my lips. I actually did one lip in Syrup and left the other naked...no difference. I can put chapstick, balm or a clear gloss if I want that subtle shine. Lovely pinky/rosey color, but it looked exactly like my natural lip color.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2010 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Phyrne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Rosy, glossy, smooth lips appearing like given by nature alone. That`s the effect achieved with this lipstick. Perfect for pale blondes like me preferring a natural, nude look.
Staying power, however, is far from remarkable. More that of a tinted lipbalm. Would nevertheless buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a nude lipstick gal but everyone needs a red lipstick for the grownup sophisticated look and this is my version of that red lipstick. I know this isn't red. It's actually a neutral pink mauve with a hint of purple that looks very natural. Red lipsticks look terrible on me but this gives that red lipstick wow factor without being overbearing and still looking very natural. I can wear it without any makeup on and my skin doesn't look off. I'm excited to have finally found my "red" lipstick.