August 20, 2014 | 1805 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Rohanchopra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Well! This is one of the best and very standard cleanser! It contains no SLS!! I have an oily skin and i used to try many cleansers at first! But the result was unchanged skin condition neutrogena is safe though othr cleansers from neutrogena hve SLS! ONLY Ppl with oily skin should use this since it is formulatd fr oily skin follow with toner (i use neutrogena blackhead eliminating toner jst to prevent them from occuring and an neutrogena oil-free moisturizer) wel to me ths thre products r like decent and perfect

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this for months and months when I was a teenager and I kept getting worse and worse ance. I stupidly thought I had it "give it time", when I finally stopped using it, my acne began to clean. This is too irriating and doesn't clean well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by ashswonderland

I have been using this face wash along with the neutrogena rapid clear 2 in 1 toner and acnevir adult acne treatment and this combo had been a godsend for my acne. I have been struggling with horrible cystic acne forever and recently its gotten so bad just barely touching my skin would cause them to burst and bleed. I was desperate to get rid of them they were all over my face. So finally I decided to experiment with new products. I tried everything drugstore from gentle cleansers to harsh max strength stuff and nothing was working. I saw this cleanser on sale at walgreens 20% off for a huge bottle so I have been using it consistently day and night along with the toner and treatment and its greatly reduced the acne I have on my face. I no longer have huge painful zits they are pretty small now its been 1 week maybe 2 since using this regimen and I know if I stick to it they will be gone. I believe this cleanser has helped with no new pimples occuring on my face. It is drying though so use very little and lather it in your hands before applying to your face and use a good moistueizer after. I use olay complete sensitive skin in the cream formula it helps a lot

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by shelbyrose17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was alright, it didnt make my face worse, but it didnt do too much. it took a few months to actually notice a difference so when i run out im getting something else. it also didnt lather well i felt like my face wasnt clean. :/

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by RoseKnowz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was actually expecting the rating on this product to be alot higher!!It's awesome. This is the first product, out of the hundreds of drugstore acne products that I've tried for my face that seems to make a difference. It dries out my zits without leaving my skin too dry, and keeps the oil on my skin under control. I think I'd be the ultimate grease ball without this stuff. Kudos Neutrogena! :D

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Octobercutie888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didn't see any difference in my skin it was like i splashed water on my face and that was all. It smells horrible also.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by cindy604

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This was my first face wash when I was 10 years old or so and starting to find a need for a skincare regime (puberty break-outs, anyone?). It's still around after so many years, and I expect it will be for many more to come.

The product itself is a liquid dispensed in a pump. A dime-sized amount foams up enough to cover my whole face. Some work is required to get the foam to pop up - you definitely want to do this between your hands rather than on your face where you will likely end up with little foam and a lot of slime.

Even without any other cleansers to compare it to at the time, I knew that I really disliked this cleanser. It was incredibly drying and my skin had hundreds of dry, white lines after rinsing. It was what drove me to need a facial moisturizer in the first place. However, I might have put up with all this, or at least thought it was the norm, if it had taken care of my breakouts at the time. I went through an entire bottle with no improvements.

I can see that this will be a first-time cleanser for many teenagers to come, and I really hope it works for many of them. It was just terrible for myself, and I now compare every other cleanser I ever touch to my face to this one as the bottom standard. Also, Neutrogena is unfortunately not cruelty-free, but I don't include that as part of my rating as the product performance is a separate item from the company's policies.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this one night when my husband I and were staying over at my in-law's. I'd forgotten to take my own bottle of face wash (Philosophy Purity) into the shower with me, so I used a pump of my BIL's cleanser, the Neutrogena OFAW. Oh my goodness. My face felt like it was on fire, and it peeled and flaked for a week. (My skin is a little on the dry side, but fairly normal--just adding this so you'll know I'm not some fool who used this knowing she has really sensitive skin) My BIL has terrible acne, hence, I'm sure, the reason he thinks he needs to use this cleanser. I'd put money on the fact that he breaks out so badly because his face is trying to fight back against the damage this wash does. There have got to be better (better meaning "gentler") cleansers for acne prone skin. My face hurts just thinking about this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by rosek514

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it!! I see an improvement in my skin everything I use it! This is my second favorite acne face wash!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by lizzygee0

This cleanser gave me a horrible reaction. i usually use cliniques foaming cream cleanser but i switched to this one because i ran out and my face looks terrible. I only used this three times to wash my face and my skin is covered in tiny red bunps. it looks like rocasea. Its horribly irritating and my face feels like i fell in an ant pile. much too harsh. next time ill stick to regular soap and water.