October 23, 2014 | 1347 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by adoorbel_gel

I really wanted to like this concealer because the product description on Sephora's website makes it sound like the perfect concealer for me...and because I had spent quite a bit of money on it. I had to return it, primarily because I didn't buy the right color but I had a really hard time finding an acceptable match and with 14 shades to choose from, this was really surprising. Many reviewers had griped about the packaging but I rather liked it (it just takes some getting used to). It didn't seem to accentuate my fine lines but I wouldn't say it gave a "soft focus effect" nor would I say it "brightened the eye area" like it claims to do. It also doesn't last very long. I don't know if my review is fair just because I wasn't able to find a good shade match but then again, that alone might warrant this kind of review.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by ang_824

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this concealer. The packaging could be improved, but if you can look past that it really is a great product. I love it under my eyes and around my nose, it buffs in beautifully with my MAC 224 brush. It is pricey, but you get a high quality product. The range in colours is impressive, and the creamy formula provides buildable, long lasting coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2009 9:28:00 AM More reviews by erserenity

I tried to find my color match and a representative at Sephora was patient enough to help me. I put it on my face and bought one. I broke out the next day.

I give this a 2. (1 = creamy consistency and 1 = for packaging). It's a bit expensive considering that it's just a concealer.

I like the packaging though as it's in a pen form with a tube at the end for dispensing the product. It's hygienic to dispense it with a clean hand.

I have a sensitive skin and will not repurchase this product.

I'm just glad that I was able to return the one I bought (not used) to Sephora the next day. It's not worth the money as I got a reaction and broke out.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2009 1:41:00 AM More reviews by jg3net

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this concealer and I am very dissapointed. First of all, packaging is really annoing. Sometimes you need to twist the pen couple of times before anything comes out- who has a time for that.
Another problem is that the concealer dissapears after about 2 hours, and even worse - it settles into fine lines. I am in my 20's and it made me look like I was in late 40's. I used the concealer for 5 days and it aggravated my eyes (I had a stinging sensation). As soon as I stopped using it, my eyes went back to normal.
Now I am going to try new Dior Nude concealer - hopefully this one will work. Let's see.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by RunSmittyRun

I'm really impressed with HD Invisible Cover Concealer.

I tend to have dark circles underneath my eyes. The concealer covered it up perfectly and my eyes really brightened up. It isn't thick, isn't greasy, and it looks like my natural skin. It doesn't get flaky or gunky and lasts all day. After a full day you'll have to retouch any fine line/creases you have near your eyes but everywhere else will still look perfect.

The soft silicone applicator is a plus. You can get the concealer all under your eye and lessen the amount of effort you put into dragging it around with your finger. It also seems to apply/spread it really well too, not in large gloops placed periodically.

The name may be a bit deceiving in that this concealer is meant for the eye area. Also remember to go a shade lighter than your skin/foundation and go for one that is yellow based as this with counteract the blue discoloration.

All in all, I think this stuff is great and will definitely be purchasing it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by simplicity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

HD Concealer conceals dark circles around the eyes without drying out the skin or accentuating fine lines around the eyes. Its soft-focus effect makes the eyes area glow & lifted instantly--more so than the MUFE Lift Concealer. HD Concealer in 325 Natural Beige is perfect for my light complexion with yellow undertone. 330 Golden Beige is workable but a tad too yellow.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Leslie2877

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the packaging on this! The wand is really useful and practical. However, the color is not the best for my skin. Make Up Forever needs to vary their color range more because I couldn't even find a foundation in their line that matched my skin tone. i got the 265 in this and it kinda matches, but when I put it on, it looks way ashy. I have to wear foundation on top to balance it out. I cannot wear this alone at all. :(
* Oops, I meant 365

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by flammab1e

I really like this product. It covers my dark eye circles but I can still see my skin. And the tiny bit that comes out on the first twist is all I need. That being said I will not be repurchasing this concealer. First, $28 for 0.05oz is ridiculous. And secondly the packaging is not user friendly. I will be going back to Lancome Effacernes, for about the same price you .49 ounces.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by hilsbils

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this concealer .I've been waiting to try it for ages and finally managed to buy some on a trip to France. It's the first concealer I've ever found that completely covers my dark circles without emphasising them, doesn't seep into my fine lines, lasts all day and doesn't dry out my under eye area. It isn't thick like some undereye concealers, or greasy - just makes my undereye look like skin. Plus, it looks great in photos. I found it hard to choose a shade but after trial and error, plumped for 330 (I use the 120 or 125 in the hd foundation). I could also have got away with 325. I don't really have a problem with the packaging, it just takes some getting used to.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by s0ap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great for under eye circles. Covers most of the black and I just dust some powder on top to set. It seriously lasts all day.

TIP: for those who are complaining about the packaging, when you are turning it.. turn it until it spews out. Then, to get more, BEND THE SILICONE WAND and more product should come out. Anything left in the silicone wand should come out and its great for finishing touches! I find that this prevents it from coming out when I'm not around and I don't get the dry blob the next day.

It didn't cover too well on my chin blemishes though.
And the amount of product does concern me a little for the price but great nonetheless!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No