MAC Sandy B. lipstick

3.9

on 4/7/2005 1:32:00 PM

THE TALE OF SANDY B. (or how I came to own and love a peach lipstick)
I can't believe I bought this color. But I am so glad that I did. I am an NW15 brunett with blue eyes. I love and wear plummy reds and pinks.Sometimes I even dabble in browns if they are pink enough. I always steer clear of ANYTHING that looks like it has color remotly close to peach or coral. I have a problem with lots of lipsticks turning a very unflattering orange shade on my lips and I assumed that peachy shades would only magnify that. So how did I wind up with one ?
Well, I was a bridesmaid at a wedding last week(out of town) and none of the lipstick colors I brought were going to work with the sweater I had to wear. I went to a MAC counter and told the MA that I was looking for a shade to compliment a coral sweater but that I didn't want anything peach. Bless the woman. She was a pushy MA (But in a really good way) and told me that she wanted to try Sandy B. on me and that I would love it. I took one look at the frosty peach "monstrosity" that she held up and said that I wouldn't love it. However I let her try it (I had asked for her recomendation after all) She told me she would make it more pink toned with a liner. she lined my lips, slicked on Sandy B. and held up a mirror. Wonder of wonders it Was BE-U-TI-FUL. She was right. I loved it. She used half red liner under the lipstick and it was lovely (I would have never thought of the combo, but try it it's georgeous)The lipstick brightened my face in a new way.it was a fun springy lipcolor. I even thought the frost was nice (I don't love frost in a lipstick either) If you are afraid of peach lipsticks try this one, you might be (read probably will be) pleasantly surprised.

on 2/28/2005 5:01:00 PM

I would call this a frosty light peach with hint of pink. Those people who have called this the lipstick version of Orgasm blush would not be off base IMO. That said, expect the same limitations as ORgasm. This is very light-lighter than I expected, so it may not work for some. Also, you must be in the mood for loads of gold shimmer (although if you dislike gold shimmer I don't know what you'd be doing buying a frost). This lipstick is really very pretty and I could see myself buying it again. I only wish this were just one step deeper, than it would be Purrrrfect.

on 1/23/2005 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I usually pair it with Chanel Nude liner or MAC Spice.

Very pretty color that is similar to Plink but not as silvery.

It tends to dry out my lips throughout the day and will definitely require a touchup. It also leaves that white 'goo' in the corners of your mouth so one lippie off.

I don't advise using this color if you have chapped lips - it will only make them look worse because it is metallic.

on 1/21/2005 7:46:00 AM

Sandy B is a frosty medium peach with a touch of pink. It is a beautiful colour, but I wish that it wasn't so frosty. The formula does have great staying power, though. I would repurchase this colour. Me: N1/NC15, blue eyes, blonde hair.

on 1/2/2005 9:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a great light frosted peach with just a touch of pink. I got this one when the collection was first launched. I just recently rediscovered it. It's really pretty with either Nymphette or Prrr overtop and just a hint of liner. I love how it looks great with a tan!

on 10/11/2004 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

this is the lipstick version of Prrr...I love it. pretty light coral pink with gold shimmer. it looks great with lots of clear gloss over it.

on 10/5/2004 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Lovely & fresh, warm light to medium frosty nectar peach color. I am a big fan of Gigglefest, which is a bit similar to this color. Gigglefest is more of a peachy coral, while Sandy B. is more of a peachy nectar. Sandy B lights your face up..

on 8/29/2004 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I only knocked one lippy off this because it is drying (lip balm underneath works fine but if it was in the Lustre formula it would just be ready to wear), however it is the perfect light shimmery sheer peach (with a hint of pink and pretty gold shimmer) and, like others have said, it goes perfectly with NARS Orgasm blush because the colours are just about identical. It's a very wearable shade as well - great for day/night casual/glam and I love it with a dab of clear gloss over. I'd definitely buy it again.

I like it but I don't love it. I was in search of a true peach, and this is what I ended up with thanks to an SA who wouldn't listen to me and no willpower to say no. Its a tad too frosty for my taste but I usually put a warmer gloss overtop anyhow since I'm very warm toned. Great for that peachy pink, high frost summer look w/ a tan and bronzer.

on 7/8/2004 1:56:00 PM

I am loving this lippy! Its a beautiful summer shade,peachy pink with gold undertones. It brightens up my whole face and i love how long it lasts! I really think this is a shade that would suit everybody :)

Popular Lipsticks