December 20, 2014 | 1117 users online

Palettes - NYX - 10 Color Palette - Champagne & Caviar

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite and only palette that I use when I travel.. the packaging is sturdy, although I don't really care for the wording on the front. You can do a wide range of beautiful looks, from daytime to evening. The color payoff and staying power is great when used with a trusty primer and base (I use NYX french fries or milk with this palette)... Love it alot. A great palette to have in your collection!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by jarhandastewart

This was just "eh" I think wet and wild is a better quality and they pretty much are the cheapest makeup you can get so that's not saying much for NYX. The colors look pretty in the package but they don't last long on and they didn't pop like they should. Maybe they just need a primer, I don' know I just didn't really think they were that great or that great of a value either.Best wishes, jarhanda stewart

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

For me, this is better than the UD Naked Pallette. UD Naked has beautiful colors, but they are too glittery/shimmery for me to wear to the office on a daily basis. These colors are much more muted but still allow me to create a beautiful smoky-eye look. There is some fallout, but nothing that a quick wipe with a cotton ball can't clean up. I pair these with the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk for a perfect look that lasts all day!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

If you're wondering if this is a dupe for the UD Naked, it's not.
The colours are mostly office-approved camel/beige, some with frost, some with shimmer and a few matte. There's one weak pink which makes a great highlighter, a matte white that I don't know what to do with yet, a dark drown and a black. The rest of the colours are light and dark browns - two of them a light sand that look similar to each other.
The browns look lovely on my NC40 skin, even though I have deep-set eyes, some dark circles and pigmentation. They look much much better than the drab greys in Nyx's Smokey Eyes kit, which i also own.
Champagne and Caviar's browns are not terribly bright though. Warm skins may look ever-so-slightly sallow. But they look fabulous when applied wet and stay on for more than 10 hours when I wear them over Studio Sculpt concealer or the MUFE colour correcting base.
As with most of the Nyx palettes, they're a bit powdery and chalky but are opaque and decently pigmented.
I have to say that even with 10 colours in this palette, it's not a match for my HG neutral shadow - Dior's Beige Sunshine. Dior's formula is beautiful and silky. It's discontinued now but the single shade was twice as expensive as the Nyx palette. I can see why.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by melyssab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I heard great things about this pallet and since it was on !sale! I ran to get it! The colors have a nice pigment and the texture is really soft and velvety. I especially love the shades with shimmer. <3 I love browns and neutral shades and have way too many already, so this pallet was a must for me! Lol. I can't wait to start using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Ari08

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my go-to palette for my neutral smokey looks. There is a bit of fallout; but nothing over the top. With the right primer/base the colors show up very lovely! The palette is very versatile for light-dark looks. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Classycass01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this palette! Its a very good price for how much eyeshadows you get! 10 bucks for 10 shadows. Great neutral colors, so if your a neutral person like me, you'll love it. Very good for everyday wear. Also lasts all day, with a primer of course. Also blends well too. Love it! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Even if you only get one great shadow the price of this palette ($9.99 at Ulta) is worth it and I found several. I can't imagine that there isn't at least one great option for everyone. At least one. I always use primer because I have oily lids and, as my previous experience with NYX eye shadow, most of the colors lasted and were beautiful. This compact is so slim it is perfect for travel. I can't find a single negative and I would not hesitate to buy this again if I ever run out.

My opinions of reasonably priced products are not based on a curve, like when some reviews qualify "for a cheap product this is great BUT." I think the price for powder in a plastic container is right on with brands like NYX. It is this type of industry fairness (I'm cheap, but fair) that makes me harder on more expensive brands. If I pay more, I expect more and in twenty-five years of cosmetic whoring I have yet to find a single time (one single time) where a pricier eye shadow, blush, lipstick or lip gloss was worth it. I might find a color from a HE brand every once in a great while that is off the chart but the quality is never better than Revlon, Avon, NYX, Hard Candy, etc.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by DayDreamer223

This is my very first NYX product and I was pretty excited. The pigmentation is alright for the price. The only reason I got it was because I wanted a lot more neutral colors in my makeup collection. I wouldn't buy this product again, but it was worth trying.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by CEELLIS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've had this for about 2 months. The shades are very pretty and versatile. I do find some of the shades difficult to blend, and others don't have much pigment. But I figure that even if I get good use out of half of the colors I'm content with what I've paid for it. Won't be buying this particular palette again, but will probably try another if I come across one with shades that I like.