December 19, 2014 | 1442 users online

Lip Treatments - Fresh - Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by outdrsgrl05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Originally, I tried this product as part of a free birthday gift set from Sephora. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked. .got both the advanced therapy lip treatment (no color) and the Sugar rose treatment. Before using this, I had been an avid user of the Burt's Bee's pomegranate lip balm. . I noticed that while the Sugar lip treatments are definitely on the pricier side, I do notice that I only have to apply it once or twice in a day. . whereas with Burt's Bees, I had to apply the lip balm much more frequently.
As I'm fair skinned, the Sugar rose lip treatment provides just enough color. .and the color is buildable. . as you apply more, the color intensifies.
I will agree with what a couple of people have said. .don't twist the tube too much to expose too much product. .it could have the potential to break off, especially in warmer weather.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had to go do a price point check in this since it was a gift from a friend. I think I'm addicted to lip protection products - I keep them all over the house, in each purse, coat pockets, night tables, etc. The problem I've experienced with all of them is that they wear off very quickly. This one seems different. It's thicker and creamier, almost like an emollient colorless lipstick - it gives just a tiny bit if color. I can easily see this as a night treatment or even under lipstick. I tried it under some gloss today and it seemed to make my gloss stay on longer, since the gloss had something to stick to. That said it's not really sticky, it just lays down a good coating of protection. This IS a high end product for me, so I'm hoping I can find it on sale at some point.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by m3filley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The formula irritated my lips, dried them out & peeling commenced. Took a week of Aquaphor to get them back to normal. I find I can tolerate it to top off a few of my matte lipsticks, so I salvaged the product to that extent. But on bare lips, it's a no-go for me.

The packaging is top notch, but even if it did not wreck my kisser, at this price point it would be a luxury purchase & I would rather allocate that kind of money towards high end hair or skin care products.

Like many MUA reviews, it was my free gift from Sephora. I wavered on selecting the men's birthday option; Anthony Logistics Glycolic Face Cleanser (deluxe sample). A minor regret as I was trying to undo the peeling lip damage

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Ceesaroni

I got this as a present from sephora (like what seems like everyone else did hehe..) and im so glad because the full size of this retails at $20+! crazy. Anywho, this product is VERY similar to Burt Bee's tinted lip balm line in texture to me, except the Sugar ones are a bit smoother and feel waxier to me. Not really my thing, mostly because of the high price tag but if thats your concern you might want to check out Burt's Bee's line.

P.S. Don't let the high price tag fool you into thinking that it means it's of superior quality to other (..cheaper) products out there :/ I know everyone's tastes differ but yeah..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Recently got this from Sephora's private sale. Finally caved due to the hype.

It has a very subtle fruity scent that is very very nice. Tinted with very sheer rosy colour. I have very dry lips that chaps all the time. Very picky when it comes to lipbalms as not all will work for me. (ie Burt's bee honey lipbalm doesn't). This is very creamy, moisturizng and kept my lips from chapping. It feels very nice on and the more i use it the more i love it. A thin layer gives off a sheen while too much makes my lips look oily. Like i've just eaten a fried chicken....

I also love and hated the packaging. The packaging feels very "solid" and thus heavy... too heavy. It feels really good quality and looks absolutely fantastic. Its a screw type instead of the normal lipstick packaging where you just pull off the cap. The feeling when i am unscrewing the cap however, the material rubbing against each other, feels alittle eeky.

Overall a good product but the price is horendous.

Update: i said i will not repurchase because it so costly, but i just did... i just purchased a set with a mini lip butter and Fresh Soy Cleanser...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked this lip balm. I recieved the mini in the Sephora birthday set. The packaging is pretty, but a little cumbersome to open. The smell is decent and fleeting. To me, it smells like the old-school Avon Dew Kiss Lip Dew. The balm has a very soft consistency, which is good for the lips, but terrible in the heat. This is not a good one to keep in your pocket!
As for the balm itself, it has a tint, but it is barely discernible on my deeply pigmented lips. Because of this, I just use it as a regular colorless lip balm. It does my lips so right -- the moisture soaks right in and softens them right up. This is perfect for under lipstick! Unfortunately, I get a very similar effect when I use Nivea Kiss of Moisture, so I can't justify a future purchase, well, unless I'm suddenly blessed with loads of discretionary income.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by 88angels

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love the color so much i wanted it to work. but it just doesn't. its waxy and drying. please Fresh, change the formula so I can love it! i sooo want to!!! so much that i'm giving it a 3 anyways!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This does give a really pretty rose tint to my lips. However, I find that it is not moisturizing at all. It makes my lips look like I just ate a strawberry popsicle. I love the color so much, but my main problem with it is the formula. Just like the other fresh balms, it turns into mush when I try to apply it. That drives me crazy and makes me never want to buy fresh sugar lip treatments. It just turns into mush. I'm not okay with that.

EDIT: despite its flaws, this is a great alternative to lipstick, which I despise. I find myself reaching for it a lot because it gives just the right pop of color. May repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff - it is one of the few lip treatments that really seems to improve the texture of my lips, makes the, softer and smoother. It gives a beautiful, sheer pink tint to my lips and makes a great base for drier lipstick formulas. Lovely stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Dragun

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this as part of a Sugar Kisses Mini Lip Duo as a Bday pressie from Sephora. See my other review for the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment.
This is the same, smooth, moisturizing lippie as it's sister, Fresh Sugar, but it has a light rose tint. It's lovely on my pigmented lips, but I would like a shade more tint.
Because I got it as a mini set, I can't speak to the price, or to the design of the full sized tubes, but one of my favorite things about this is that the cap screws on. A solution to a constant problem in my bags wherein the cap and the lippie break up without telling me.
Overall, a nice little balm with a hint of color and a smooth moisture. I would repurchase.