Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 10/14/2013 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for about a week and i'm not sure what tot think about it.

I use it on a daily base combined with La Roche Posay Effaclar 'mattifying daycream'. I apply it with my zoeva silky finish brush. When just applied it looks perfectly matte and very natural. It doesn't cover blemishes very well so i need to use concealer. But for a daily use i like the natural coverage.
After a few hours at work the oil starts to break through my make up. It is not super oily, but i had high hopes that this powder would control my oiliness better. Luckily it doesn't cause any breakouts.

I will continue using this because it was not very cheap, but i will not repurchase.

on 10/10/2013 10:11:00 PM

This is your typical "good enough" foundation for daily use. It is very lightweight (when you apply it lightly), and doesn't clog pores. There isn't much more you could want. Its initial level of coverage doesn't last super long especially if you have oily skin, but it WILL give you some degree of coverage all day long. This is a pretty good everyday lightweight foundation for oily skin.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this to set my liquid foundation and im.sooooo happy im.loving.it, i usually get super oily on.my tzone and this keeps it under control and.the coverage.is beyond great... Also i have a yellow undertone and this is the first powder that matches my skin perfectly! I don't look pink anymore i got the golden.medium.

on 10/9/2013 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had high expectations, I admit, after all I've heard about Bare Minerals. Unfortunately this stuff just didn't do it for me. Typical of a powder foundation, it accentuated my pores and seemed to cling around them and not fill them in at all. Also it seems to be incapable of blending, and pretty much caked on to wherever on my face the brush touched first. Very disappointing.

on 9/26/2013 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

at first i really like this foundation, until i tried liquid foundation which covers and stays on way better than this stuff. (yes im a novice, no expert by any means at makeup). color match is great IMO. no trouble finding my shade. (have yellow undertones)/ as far as coverage, id say light, you can still see your flaws through it, the best way i can describe it is it blurs your flaws rather than covering them up? no matter how much you apply (little or alot). idk, i really dont even use it anymore, which is a waste of money for me. another thing is, for some reason this stuff makes my skin itch! so like any makeup goes, you just have to try some to see if it works for you.

I used this foundation for years after stumbling upon it several years ago when picking out makeup to wear for my high school prom. I stopped using it last year because I wanted to try something new, and now that I have tried other things, I would not go back to this.

I have really oily skin, so a mineral foundation seemed best; however, I was shiny after a couple hours, and it was almost completely gone by the end of an 8 hour day even after using primer. I also had moderate acne and this foundation does not provide enough coverage on its own. It cancels out some redness at first, but definitely by the end of the day, all blemishes are exposed.

I didn't know any better, since I had never tried any other high end foundation before, but I switched to liquid foundation (Lancome Tient Idole 24H) and even with my oily skin, I won't go back to powder. Powder does not provide enough coverage or staying power, and I saw the same amount of shine with both. Also, I had been told several times when using the bare mineral foundation that I looked "cakey" and "chalky". Oh, and for some reason, even though this foundation is suppose to be made of minerals and good for your skin, it actually broke me out.

So I may recommend this foundation to people just to give it a try because I have heard good things from others, but I personally wouldn't ever buy it again.

on 9/17/2013 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this product a while ago and for some reason couldnt get into it.

However three weeks ago i had a few really bad cystic spots that are now healing and i decided instead of using my Mac Studio fix i would use this as a daily light foundation.

(I was colour matched Golden Tan (beginning of summer) and now i think i'm a bit more paler therefore will need a new colour. )

This product is SO light weight. I dont feel like i'm wearing any foundation. coverage is pretty good however i still need to use a concealor on my spots underneath. However sometimes i do go sans concealer and i dont look terriable. because its so light weight it doesnt cause any irritation or clogg pores.

This product does make me a bit oiler but not as oily as my Studio fix and looking in a mirror i dont look like a greasy mess. The foundation stays put. I usually blot every couple of hours with blotting papers

My Main issue is that its quite messy. I have to be careful applying this in my bathroom otherwise it creates a huge mess in my sink and even rinsing doesn't get rid of it. But I got a great tip from my make up SA at sephora - Poor some on a kleenex and dab your brush from there.

Overall Great product which i will be repurchasing

on 9/13/2013 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am now close to finishing my first jar of this stuff, and I bought it in 2009, so it has lasted a long time. I didn't like it too much in the beginning, and for long periods at a time it was just sitting on the shelf, but the last few months I've discovered what this foundation needs in order to work; and that is true oily skin.

When I first got this I was on birth control which made my skin a bit dehydrated, but now that I'm off the bc, and my skin is back to it's super oily self, this foundation just works so much better. If you don't have oily skin all over, it will look cakey and heavy, and even the tiniest bit of dryness will be magnified.

But if you do have oily skin, this will help keeping it matte. I also have sensitive skin, no issues there with this foundation, and I can even put it on without primer, and it still looks good. Sometimes it lasts all day, and sometimes I need one touch up mid day. I use the color fair, which is the lightest one as far as I know. It's supposed to be cool-toned, but in my opinion it's quite neutral. I find the coverage to be buildable up to about medium coverage, and as with all mineral makeup it needs to be set with either a setting spray or a water spray afterwards.

I find it to be a decent product that does what it says, but nothing more that that. There's nothing luxurious or exciting about it, but it's a quick, easy and fool-proof go-to product for everyday use. I probably won't buy it again right away because there's so many other brands out there to try, but I might if I don't find anything better and if my skin continue to stay oily.

on 9/9/2013 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Not a fan and I wore this for months. Coverage is very sheer, it requires a lot of product to achieve medium coverage. It did nothing to control my oil. If anything it made it worse.

on 8/28/2013 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is a great powder. I wore it all through my dating. I now wear it only at home and to improve my skin (it has skincare benefits) but out, i like a heavier coverage. The color medium beige is literally my skin color in a loose powder. I believe all good quality minerals should be loose. worth the price. the minerals are of the highest quality and i use so little at a time. a little goes a long way...more than a few sprinkles and you are wasting the product. you just need to learn how to use it. it takes a lot of discipline to understand that you only need a wee little bit of this makeup that if you use the slightest touch too much, it will look terrible.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review/Comparison: BareMinerals vs. It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination by TheKatalicious17

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products