September 20, 2014 | 1879 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Yummy1Mummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

What an enormous disappointment and waste of money!!! This foundation made my skin look orange, it did not give any coverage whatsoever and made me itch. It did not look good at all. And yes I did apply correctly after being shown by the consultant, I bought the right brushes, used their primer and did everything they said to do. I feel very cheated by this product. I know so many people rave about it and that's why I got it, but it sure didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by vsmini

I'm pretty pale but I can tan easily so in the summer I go for the Fairly Medium and it works out perfectly. I dust this over my face after I've applied a super light (partial) layer of Revlon's Photoready liquid foundation. The result is flawless skin. I'm even prone to the little tiny hairs on my face standing up when I apply powder foundation but it doesn't happen when I use this product.

I took off one lippie because, as others have said, something happens to this makeup after it's been on your skin for awhile. Some say it "oxidizes" but I'm not sure if that's what's really going on but it does seem to change color a bit, especially if you are out and about in the sun - it bronzes up a little bit and if not blended with the neck properly it can make your face look a little orange in comparison. That's why I'm now super careful to make sure I take the time to blend, blend, blend! Nothing is worse than a white neck and a tan face. Boo!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by ibangal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find that this product keep my skin matte longer than my MAC, loves it! MAC Studio Fix powder was my HG powder but it tends to look cakey after few hours. This dont. I normally use moisturizer then primer or bb cream under my foundation to have more coverage since i have bad acne scars. This makes my skin look natural with medium coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by marseeuh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the regular bare minerals and switched to the matte...terrible mistake. It clogged my pores, and broke me out and i never break out. I will discontinue using it....what a waste of money :(

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by chihuaualover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have tried this foundation plus the one in the compact, both horrible. I have oily acne prone skin and the sales person assured me this would "transform my face." I bought both of them from Macy's and (thank god) they let me return them for a full refund.

This foundation is anything but "Matte." I have never looked so oily in my entire life; disgusting. Not only did I look oily but this foundation settled into my "fine lines" making me look old, I AM ONLY 22 YEARS OLD! I have a few lines under my eyes from stress and simply because it runs in the family and it magnified them and made me look 30! This product also went deep into my pores, supposedly to "even out my pores", but it just made them 10x more noticeable. Completely clogged my skin! Also, when I first applied it the color match was great but after two hours of wear I look super orange (I have very pale skin).

Terrible, horrible, do not believe the hype!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by RMulieri

I got on another Bare minerals kick this past month after abandoning the brand 2 yrs ago .I am not sure I like it by itself ( I am NC20 and was color matched for Medium beige).It looks cakey even buffed like crazy ( even with the primer).But I do like it as a finishing powder over my MUFE Face and body foundation so I will use it like that .Maybe in the summer when I am an oil slick it might look better

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by aggrolounge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color selection in this line is bizarre. I found myself settling on Fairly Light as the closest color. I have fair-light yellow-olive skin. What stinks is that this formula oxidizes like crazy! What was already a so-so match got very dark and peachy as the day progressed. I also noticed very little shine control, although this doesn't come as a surprise since any formula without talc doesn't seem to do anything for me in the oil control department.

I did enjoy the coverage I got from the powder, and the accompanying primer is quite good. I just won't repurchase because the cons are too much for me to overlook!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i went to the bare minerals boutique and was excited to buy their new ready compact foundation. i had always steered away from bare minerals because i hate loose powder..i find it to be too messy and inconvenient. however after trying all 4 of the darker shades of the ready foundation..none of them were my shade. they were all too red or too ashy looking. so the S.A. talked me into trying the matte foundation. she said that the shades in that line were different and might suit me better. so i let her try some on me. we found a shade that matched so at that point i asked her to do my whole face. when she was done,i was shocked at how horrible my complexion looked. the coverage was very poor and this makeup accentuated my flaws and made the texture look worse. i then noticed that there was makeup all over my new shirt! overall, i think this makeup is for people that have nearly perfect skin with very minimal imperfections. i was not at all impressed with their foundations..plus the store was a zoo and i had to wait quite a while for someone to help me. when i asked if i could put some makeup on myself..i was told that it was against store policy and that one of them would have to apply it. so that left me standing around waiting..

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by trueaddict

So I used this for years until one day I looked in the mirror later in the day. I looked pretty ridiculous. If you don't put enough of it on, you'd think why did I bother to put this on? If you put it on heavier to cover the flaws it starts looking cakey (but not horrible). It really emphasizes pores on your nose as the day wears on and dries out your cheeks. If you want to look cakey, buy this. I've switched back to liquid formulas since they look more smooth.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

I don't know how to describe this product. I was looking for a "pure" mineral foundation for my acne prone skin. I'm a NV/NC 15 with a lot of redness, discolorations and acne scars.

The SA matched me to Golden Fair the first time. But when I got home I realized that it was much warmer than my old E.M. Linen and Fairly Light neutral. My skin is very pinkish cool so that only looked dirty in daylight! So I went back and the other SA now matched me to the Medium Cool!!?? I don't understand at all.... I told her that it felt to dark, but she insisted.... And as I thought, when I got home the Medium Cool really was too dark!! :(

So right now I'm quite confused about B.E.:s colors, they are just not many enough and they are not logical and easy to understand!

The coverage is light-medium and NOT enough for my acne skin!

The complexion is matte for the first hour, but the minerals can enlarge pores a little, which can look awful....

Still I like that the product is so "clean" and that the ingredient list is so short!

But I need more coverage, and a much better shade - or afford to buy a few different shades to mix - before I buy this again.