November 22, 2014 | 1754 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by juculin

This is an amazing product, my only real issue with this is the packaging, which is typical for mineral loose products but be careful because you can easily waste product just from opening the lid (powder flies everywhere). Asides from this, great powder/foundation. I use this as a setting powder over foundation on fuller coverage days and over concealer on casual days. It has decent coverage but not so much that it looks cakey over foundation. You really get a powder foundation and setting powder all in one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the original in Fairly Light and really like it, although it's a little shiny for me. I caught the sun a bit on my face and wanted to try the matte option so bought it in Light.

I love this so much more than the original! I covers much much better, doesn't accentuate my pores and although it melts of my greasy bits, it's less obvious. It also goes on much much better than the original.

The colour is great - Fairly Light is still ok, but Light has a more golden undertone so looks a bit more healthy.

I love it. It's quick and easy, looks fabulous (I got loads of compliments the day after a hideous migraine which was nice!) and is pretty good value.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by TorieButterfly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been trying out this product for a few weeks now and I just can't go without writing a review any longer. I absolutely love this foundation. My skin is oily, sensitive, and acne-prone; meaning I need to take care of my skin by keeping my problems at bay. This controls my oiliness, doesn't irritate my skin, or make me break out! That's a winner in my book. I'm also able to cover up any pimples, acne scars, or under eye darkness I may have. It works as a pretty decent concealer, I must admit. I've had several compliments on my skin after I started using this, as well. I will definitely repurchase this and recommend it to my friends.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

I'm now a believer. I am a light tan, neutral C4/NC30 Asian gal with combo skin and purchased in two shades since I wasn't an exact match: Medium Tan and Light. I mix 50/50 and use my Sephora Airbrush #55 all over and a small dome eyeshadow brush to build up on redness. Oh my is this formula amazing! It covers any redness when I build it, looks natural and soft, and i have yet to get greasy. I'm talking after 12 hours in NYC in the summertime! It does NOT grease up! I The makeup fades, sure, but not greasy. Feels great on the skin, never too heavy. The BM packaging is totally a pain, but if I remember to lock it, it doesn't spill in my bag. I top with Warmth, whatever blush I want, and dust the Mineral Veil and I am set. I tried the Original 2 years ago and returned. Too shiny, made my skin itch a little, not a great color match. The matte is IT for me. I love it! I am so happy I finally understand the hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Miltonh81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favourite foundation tried so many liquids and powders drugstore and high end and I always end up repurchasing this one. My skin is very oily again after going through a very dry patch after using skin care that was too strong, I found this too drying during that time, but now my skin is back to normal I pretty much apply this every day, I first of all use my creamy mac studio concealer to conceal any flaws and then buff 2 layers of this into my skin (my primer is the amazing rimmel 002!), then I finish with BM ready mineral veil and I have a flawless complexion!. I do find that the matte shades run a bit darker so I use fair instead of fairly medium which I use in the original. I do find myself having to blot shine by lunchtime with my ready veil but I am very oily so expect to. It doesn't sink into my pores but I think having a good primer is a huge help!. Definitely recommended for the Oilier skin type but when I was very dry this just made it feel even drier even with alot of moisturiser.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Morgancupcake99

This was the first bare minerals product I've ever bought. In their stores, the service is horrible... I had to go back twice because they kept matching my color way too dark. I think this is the last bare minerals product I will ever buy because I didnt like the foundation at all. It made my skin look disgusting and really oily

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by klz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Being oily, and not wanting to wear a liquid foundation in the summer this product is great! I get great coverage without looking cakey or needing to reapply. It also feels like I have nothing on my skin, I just buff this into my skin and use the warmth over it and im ready to go.
P.S My personal opinion the matte foundation colors tend to run darker then the original, I tried original in fairly light and the color was fine, but in the matte it was wayyy to dark for me, I actually use the fair.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by debbielj

I wanted to like it. I originally bought the original formula, but both powders enlarge pores and fine lines. it ages you. you look a lot older than you really are. I want to like it but i could not. I returned it for my money

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by cherieyung

"matte", "powder" foundation? I never thought I would use such type of foundation and even never thought I will like it like now. I am happy with this product because of several good things it surprised me : it's not that "matte" actually the finish just perfect, no shine, not looking like a flat cakery mask. But it takes 20 mins to get this (now it's summer time and I sweat once I step out of my house). I'm using fair c10 (I'm Asian with fair skin, used to have rosacea) and the color is just neutral (slightly toward pink tone). The powder almost invisible when it set in and as the day goes by, it gives a luminous (very little) look; touch up is needed after a long work day before heading to dinner, as all other makeup. I do occasionally feel some sensation (when your skin is dry) on my face and; i'd intentionally look into the mirror and smile to test dryness, no extra dry lines; even seems look less! I think its easy to applysince, unlike liquid foundation it doesn't set on pores so one swirl/tap/buff on each side of the face is enough. Only nose needs extra care due to enlarged pores. Final thing is the price which is very reasonable, I bought the starter kit. I was using Cle de Peau (most expensive line from Shiseido which costs 4 times of BM); but due to the higher than I needed luminosity and moisture, I look oily and skin looks darken 30 mins after application on summer. Thats the reason i "drastically" changed to a powder foundation (with doubt at first). The other reason is i am being persuaded of how minerals powder is more healthy on skin than liquid for daily use, that's why I give it a go. Of coz, Cle de Peau does give more contouring than BM; so I'll keep it for winter time or at night when i need a more serious makeup. Yet, seems BM is less oxidise than CDP! The only problem is coverage of pores; I'd need to dap a tiny bit of Liquid foundation on my tip of nose to covers pores and blackheads. I have been using this 8 days in a row and am satisfied.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Yummy1Mummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

What an enormous disappointment and waste of money!!! This foundation made my skin look orange, it did not give any coverage whatsoever and made me itch. It did not look good at all. And yes I did apply correctly after being shown by the consultant, I bought the right brushes, used their primer and did everything they said to do. I feel very cheated by this product. I know so many people rave about it and that's why I got it, but it sure didn't work for me.