April 19, 2014 | 1760 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - Complexion Primer Potion - Pore Perfecting

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2009 6:23:00 PM More reviews by pinkkiss89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tought this product would be as great as their eye primers, saddly i was wrong and very dissapointed, it was a waste of money for me didnt do anything for my oily skin or my acne scarring.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh. I like Smashbox photofinish better. The UD primer is thick, leaves a whitish sheen on my face, and feels cakey. I do like the packaging better than photofinish, but overall, it's just not as good a product for pre-foundation smoothing.

Edited to add: While reading reviews, I read that the top opens like the top of Elmer's glue, tried it, and sure enough it works! I got much less primer, no white gluey cakey mess on my face. Still, I don't love it. My BE powder foundation seems to be sliding off my face more quickly than usual, and I also seem to be more oily and shiny than usual. I'll finish the tube now that I know how to open and use it correctly, but I wont buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by slavetoshopping

Love love love this! It's lovely delicate spackle. lol Other reviews have panned this for not keeping them matte or other reasons that this product does not purport to do. It fills your pores and evens out my acne scars. Amazing stuff. I use it under my Bare Minerals and it looks great. The only small drawback is the tube doesn't travel well. The product has been squished out the top in transit. I've made a little Sephora sample pot of it...all taken care of. If you have large pores or acne scars, run out and buy this!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2009 1:07:00 PM More reviews by swimchick129

I tried this product, and it did nothing for me but make my skin oily. It is hard to describe, but I felt like it did not keep my makeup on any longer than normal, and it was fairly expensive, at $30. I would not reccomend this, and will not be repurchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Julesbait

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, I cannot believe the poor reviews for this product! This stuff is like GOLD for me! I'm 35 with oily skin and ginormous pores on and around my nose...well, in my entire T-zone really, but especially the nose. I got a sample of this primer from Sephora about 2 months ago, and I'm STILL using it. It takes so little of this product to be effective, and I'm wondering if the reason some folks here haven't liked it is because they're using way too much. The consistency is thick and sticky like a glue, and it will look white if you use too much. I take a tiny amount on my fingertip, and I pat/rub it into my skin. (More patting than rubbing.) Then I let it dry completely before applying foundation. My makeup looks smooth and flawless, not a pore to be found! And it stays that way pretty much all day. (I do still need a powder touch-up midday.) It's worked with all of my foundations so far...TMs, liquids, and powders...excpet for my mineral foundations, for whatever reason. (But then again, I've fallen out of love with minerals anyway, so take this for what it's worth.) At $30 a tube, this stuff is pricey. But for as little product as you need, it will last for-freakin'-EVER, so it will be money well spent. I'm definitely going for the full-size when my sample finally runs out!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by candycanefaery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This worked well at filling in my pores. I moisturize beforehand so I don't have too much trouble with it drying me out. I use a brush to apply and it really helps to give me a smooth canvas when applying my makeup. You have to apply a little bit or it will be too thick.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by MsJuicyJ88

This is suppose to be a pore perfecting primer instead it extenuates my pores showing my foundation and making my face appear dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by NoAddedSugar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After years of loving the Urban Decay primer potion for eyes I was sorely disapointed by this face primer. There are two version pore correcting and illuminating. Since I have oily skin with pores that tend to soak up foundation I went for the pore perfecting version. When I got it home I was really annoyed to discover it was only a silicone based primer similar to many of the other ones on the market like SmashBox etc. I tried it anyway but it didn't really do anything for me or my foundation. I tried it under a couple of different foundations and found it made no difference, did not stop oil or hide my pores. Silicone based primers do make your skin FEEL smooth or softer but they really don't mask pores and after a short time pores become visible and oil is prominent. I actually think they make it worse by mixing with the sebum and causing foundation to congeal and shift. If you have dry skin it might work for you. Otherwise it's totally pointless.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by areyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I've been using this primer since UD had their last F&F sale, and with the sale, I thought it'd be good if I got this primer, so I did. And this is the only primer I've ever tried; I do have a sample of the Smashbox Photo Finish, but I haven't tried that yet.

I've been using this everytime I do my makeup, except on the days I'm not gonna be wearing my makeup for very long (i.e. hour long church, short trips to the store, etc.).

This works pretty well for me, it keeps my oils at bay for a good 4 hrs at most before I had to use oil blotting sheets, which I would have to use about 3 or 4 (which is how many I would've normally used w/o the primer, after about an hour and a half or two hours). I've recently tested that I won't get as oily as fast if i use a moisturizer underneath the primer and my makeup.

This also keeps my makeup on pretty well. After having my makeup on for about 6-7 hours, I would use a makeup remover wipe (store brand: Navy Exchange brand) and I could tell that my makeup was on still pretty well by how much came off and just how good my makeup looked before removing it.

Now, as for reducing the look of my pores, I'm not quite sure it does that because I don't really pay attention to that part of the primer, but it does make my skin feeling smooth. Personally, I don't really care if this reduces my pores, because my Studio Fix Powder Foundation and my Revlon Blemish Concealer does that for me. But I do think this reduces them, but not completely dimishes them.

The packaging is great! Much more resourceful than the UDPP, which UD should make it into this packaging.

So, overall, I personally think that this is a good primer for me. It does keep my oils at bay for a good amount of time. Keeps my makeup on for a pretty long time. Makes my skin feeling smooth. Hasn't broken me out. I would repurchase this primer when I run low.

The reason I gave this a 4 is it doesn't completely control my oils for as long as it keeps my makeup on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by tualmarebelde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awwww I so love the way this primer filled in my pores! BUT! It broke me out like a MoFo!!!! I mean huge cystic acne spots. Yes, it does have the consistency of Elmer's glue. Very thick and goes on very pale so it wouldn't favor people who are of darker skintones. It did not control the usual oilies like I wish it would but if you are not acne prone and have enlarged pores then yes I would recommend this but if you have sensitive, acne prone, oily skin like mine, then beware!