Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion - Pore Perfecting

2.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Dimethicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Cyclopentasiloxane,Hexyl Laurate,Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate,PEG-10 Dimethicone,Phenoxyethanol,Stearic Acid,HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer,Alumina,Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil,Ethylhexylglycerin,Silica May Contain: CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (VEGAN)

on 2/18/2010 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had such high hopes for this primer because when I went to pick up another tube of my beloved UDPP and saw this product next to it, I thought "well, they really know how to make an awesome shadow primer so this must be great as well." I've been searching for a primer to make my Lancome TM last longer and, most importantly, minimize my pores. I was so excited to try this the next morning that I left the house in such a great mood, excited to see what the progression of the day would bring. UGH!! This stuff made my face feel sooooo oily, my TM was practically sliding off of my face by lunch time. I don't know how they did it, but they managed to make a face primer that actually wipes away your makeup and concealer, all the while not even minimizing your pores at all. The only thing I am excited about concerning this product is getting my money back so I can use it towards 7 NYX eyeshadows for the same price. Stick to eyeshadow primer potion, Urban Decay.

I really like this. I've tried many brands... make up forever, Korres, and I used to use smashbox with dermaxyl but this is better. I have dry-ish skin but make up never seems to last on me and sometimes it oxidizes too... I use a small pea sized amount and apply it under stila tinted moisturizer. Even before I apply to the TM, my skin looks brighter and smoother. After TM, concealor and a little powder in the t-zone, I'm flawless all day. No oxidation, either. I'll have to wait and see, however, what happens int he summer... but so far, for me, this is it. And I love the tube... one of my major peeves with Smashbox was the pump bottle...seems like 1/4 of the product would be left behind in the pump, dried out and unusable. what a waste. With this, you can get out every last drop!

on 2/10/2010 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I had very high hopes for this product, because it was Urban Decay, and I am in love with their eyeshadow primer, I was guessing their face primer would be great too. I have very acne prone skin, and its very oily, so i thought the pore perfecting would help control oil....it did the exact opposite. I broke out pretty bad from this product, and it made my skin feel oily after about 3 hours. Its not a cheap product either. I dont recommend with product to anyone who has combination/oily skin :(

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

The first time I used this product I put on way too much and ended up having the wipe my face with a tissue to get all of the excess stuff off. The next time I used it I put on hardly any and it did the exact same thing! It goes on extremely thick no matter the amount you put on and it does not soak into your skin. It leaves skin feeling heavy and greasy and makeup ends up looking gross and cakey if you put it on on top of this. I will say that it does minimize pores, but otherwise I didn't like it.

on 12/23/2009 9:41:00 AM

I tried this without having read any reviews or having had any preconceived thoughts about it, and I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it! It actually works quite well for me. My pores aren't as noticeable as before and it outdoes all of the other pore-minimizing products I've tried before. I will definitely be repurchasing!

on 12/19/2009 11:33:00 AM

The sliiight purple tint to this brightens up my complexion, and the formula smoothes out my pores and makes foundation blend in effortlessly. If you're getting a white cast, you're probably using too much. Put it on, and let it kinda soak into your skin for a few minutes before moving on to foundation, and I've found its the best primer I've used so far. Doesn't leave me feeling slick/greasy like the Smashbox photofinish, and it fills up pores unlike the Nars primer. I've also tried the MUFE primer, and while its good, I really love the balancing effect of this one.

on 12/6/2009 8:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I felt like I was putting on thick sunscreen on my face and what do you know, when I look in the mirror, my face was white! I wiped it off right away. No good for me.

on 12/1/2009 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tought this product would be as great as their eye primers, saddly i was wrong and very dissapointed, it was a waste of money for me didnt do anything for my oily skin or my acne scarring.

on 11/30/2009 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

Meh. I like Smashbox photofinish better. The UD primer is thick, leaves a whitish sheen on my face, and feels cakey. I do like the packaging better than photofinish, but overall, it's just not as good a product for pre-foundation smoothing.

Edited to add: While reading reviews, I read that the top opens like the top of Elmer's glue, tried it, and sure enough it works! I got much less primer, no white gluey cakey mess on my face. Still, I don't love it. My BE powder foundation seems to be sliding off my face more quickly than usual, and I also seem to be more oily and shiny than usual. I'll finish the tube now that I know how to open and use it correctly, but I wont buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love love love this! It's lovely delicate spackle. lol Other reviews have panned this for not keeping them matte or other reasons that this product does not purport to do. It fills your pores and evens out my acne scars. Amazing stuff. I use it under my Bare Minerals and it looks great. The only small drawback is the tube doesn't travel well. The product has been squished out the top in transit. I've made a little Sephora sample pot of it...all taken care of. If you have large pores or acne scars, run out and buy this!

Popular Primer/ Correctors