November 23, 2014 | 1011 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Super Stay Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 2:37:00 AM More reviews by dearlymakeup

I tested this for a week without a primer or a setting spray, but topped it off with a variety of powders. I tested this in the cooler weeks of summer in NY. I also prefer to apply it with a sigma buffing brush working in sections. I have combination oily skin with an occasional blemish to cover, and some yr old acne scars.
Thougts:
1. great finish if you like matte foundations. Not TOO matte, but there was also no sparkle (that's for you, Revlon Photoready).
2. I actually found it quite creamy. HOWEVER, it will dry very quickly, so don't be misled and make sure you work fast.
3. This does not have the usual thick consistency of most longwearing foundations. Therefore, I do not consider it to be 'full-coverage.' Even though I think it is well-pigmented, you will need concealer for any scars. So, it's a trade-off in the sense that those who do not have a lot of scars or indents on their face will enjoy the lighter wear of this (in comparison to a lot of MAC foundations, EL Double Wear, or Revlon Colorstay) without sacrificing pigmentation, but it might be annoying for girls who don't want to stand around all day working with concealer.
4. I don't actually find this TOO long-lasting. I could use it with a primer, but I like having the option of skipping primer on days I feel like it. This probably only gives me a good 5 hr finish without a primer as opposed to Revlon Colorstay and EL Double Wear. Now, I really am not crazy about the finish of either of those. HOWEVER, the finish and apperence that you start with right after application is really the one you end up with for at least for 9 hrs +. That being said, I still prefer the Superstay in this category bc I think the finish you get from start to finish (even though it's worn off) is better than that of Colorstay or Double wear.

Overall, I'll be keeping it in my bag for summer. It doesn't beat out my Dior Hydra Life BB cream (which is AMAZING for summer and the best of every world) and my Chanel Aqua Vitalumiere for the winter months. I was looking for cheaper alternatives and this is good enough for me on days other than special occasions. I'll probably use a Neutrogena foundation in the winter though...I think this might have a dulling or drying effect during those months.

So, in the summer bag this goes! ps- I like to top this with a more luminous powder so I'm not sacrificing a healthy skin look with a matte foundation. Physicians Formula is a great option bc there's no talc in their powders.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 6:08:00 AM More reviews by missve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Maybelline Super Stay Make-up 24 hrs is AMAZING!!!! absolutely love the texture, when applying this liquid foundation its not gooey nor oily, so for those that have oily skin this is the product for you! it stays matte all day! personally, i tend to get oily around my t-zone areas so i needed something that would keep me looking matte all day, you donít need to re-apply your foundation and you donít need to apply a lot either! bought this foundation around $20 or so? i recommend those that have an oily complexion try it out :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by lingysnowbunnie

Iíve heard SO many good things about this foundation so I decided to purchase a bottle at Walgreens. The only color that was remotely close to my skin was Classic Beige. The next color up was like 5 shades too dark. Classic Beige was about a shade too light. I have never used Revlon Colorstay but have heard the comparison. Packaging wise, it felt like a study bottle but hate the fact that it doesnít not have a pump. I just highly prefer a pump (I had to pour a little bit of this out on my finger one day and this giant goop came sliding out and fell on my finger and my shirt Ė nice). The consistency is somewhat thick but did not feel heavy on. Because of the color difference, I have to powder to get my correct color which means that the finish was very matte and powdery looking. I had to use a setting spray to get my face looking normal again. However, my skin started to react to it soon after I put it on. I started feeling this weird tingly sensation and thought it could be just how it is (Idk) so I continued on applying makeup. After I was all done, I felt the tingly sensation turned into a burning sensation. I had to wipe it all off my face instantly. Second time I tried it (I know, I know but I thought it was just reacting to the primer and foundation not mixing well together), I put on a different primer. I did the same routine. No burning sensation this timeÖinstead, my face started to turn red Ė like visible to where you can see the redness through all the foundation. Had to wipe it off. That is my last attempt to really want to like this foundation. I will be returning it to Walgreens.

Note: I used MACís primer the first time and BE Prime Time primer the second time. Iíve never had either primer react to any foundation. Iíve used it under LORAC, Lancome, Loreal, etc and itís never caused this type of reaction to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaRayee813

This is the best foundation I have ever used!!! I love it so much! This foundation is the only foundation I have used that actually stays in place all day!! I don't even need to wear powder because its so good. It has amazing coverage too, a few days ago I got badly sunburn on my face because I didn't wear any make up or sunscreen(bad idea) and I looked horrible, like a lobster so I prayed this foundation would cover it and it did, you couldn't even tell my face was red. I also waxed my eyebrows and this foundation covered the redness again. I wear the lightest shade and its perfect for me, the only problem people may have is it dries really fast, but I like that because I apply it with my hands so I can work fast enough to apply it before it dries. I get a flawless finish every time, and I always get complements. I only wish it came in a pump but thats the only flaw, I will keep buying this again and again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

For a drugstore foundation, I think this provides really good coverage. I have acne scars/dark spots that are very difficult to conceal and this does a nice job. My skin looks almost perfect with this foundation which is incredible! The only issue I have is that maybelline does not offer a very good shade selection and many of the shades I've tried are yellow/orange, but it's not a big deal because I mix 2 shades together to create the right one. Just be warned that the medium shades are very warm and almost orange! Another minor issue is that I have oily skin, so it gets shiny under this foundation, but I counteract this by using a very small amount. What I love about this stuff is it does not oxidize the way other foundations do on my skin after a few hours! It really stays true to color all day and the coverage is great, I use a foundation brush to get even more coverage and it blends like a dream. I have been using this for over 3 years now and I do not notice that it clogs my pores or aggravates acne like many products do, so I'm happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

Absolutely, hands down Love this product.Finally,a foundation that matches my skin tone without mixing others together =).Definitely buying again,once I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Chrisylita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Bought this foundation to try out and see if it would be anything like the MAC Prolong wear foundation which I love but is quite expensive. I bought this in the true beige shade, being NC40 it was my closest match. Below this shadethe other shades were to light and above was too dark. When I first put on the foundation I did like its coverage and it wasn't to matte. I have dry skin and I don't like matte formulas. There were to big problems one was the true beige shade was a little to pink undertoned for me. I have a very yellow golden undertone. By the end of the day it oxidized and looked orangey ( not pretty at all ). Well to wrap it all up that was a waste of my $11.00. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Kkate142

It does take alot for me to say I despise something, and this is one of those things.
It oxidizes horribly, I bought it in the lightest shade and it turns Snooki tan-orange.
It is impossible to blend, with brushes, sponges, espicailly fingers.
It always looks streaky.
The bottle does not have a pump.
It dries out my face, my skin is normal sometimes dry but this leaves nasty, peeling patches on my skin.
As for staying power it is fanatastic, so it does what it says, but has some other issues to work out first.
Sorry, Maybeliene, should have spent your time on something else.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I have used this for a week and I have to say that I really don't like this foundation.
.This foundation is cakey.I have tried many different ways to apply it ,beauty blender, foundation brush stippling brush, my finger and tons of primers thinking it might change things and NOTHING WORKED.

Other than being cakey ,it does have a few benefits :it's long lasting and doesn't oxidize, and doesn't rub off

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by blond1wd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's been awhile since I used this, but I remember I liked it well enough. Now that I've realized how much better liquid application is with a kabuki brush, I think I may give it a second look.