September 2, 2014 | 1830 users online

Liquid - Boots - Lifting & Firming Foundation SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by espinosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My eternal quest for an HG foundation has led me to become a foundation junkie. I have tried so many over the years, and not once repurchased one. I was heading to Target and decided to look up reviews on brands only sold there here in the US and chose to purchase this based on the good reviews. I can't say I was expecting much from a $15 foundation no one's ever heard of, and one aimed at mature ladies (and men! ;)) but I am pleasantly surprised. This stuff makes me glow from within. It's fairly light coverage, very liquidy, but one pump is all your need to cover your face. I like to stipple it on with a 188, and it gives me flawless skin. It evens my skintone and gives me such a nice, radiant glow with a satiny finish. I'm not sure if it's my HG, but out of all the foundations I've tried, HE to drugstore, it's my favorite and I'm likely to repurchase.

***I wear NC30 in MAC, 127 in MUFE HD, and Punjab in NARS SG, & Vanilla is a perfect match for me.***

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by aTayles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first bought this (22$ canadian) I thought the packaging was so great, it comes with a pump in a nice sleek container. I heard so many good reviews about it so i was really excited to test it out. I bought it in the shade nude, and i usually wear a buff in revlon colorstay. The shade was a little to yellow for my skin but it blended in really nicely. The product itself is very very liquidy. However it does blend very nicely and i loved how it made my skin look. I would say its almost a medium coverage, you can definetly build up a bit in areas that you need it. What i really loved is that it felt so light, like i had nothing on at all. I was really impressed with the look and feel of the foundation. About an hour later i looked in the mirror, after i had been watching a show that made me laugh quite a bit, and as a result the foundation had settled into every fine line on my face, most of which i didnt even know i had. I had huge smile lines and lines around my eyes. Also i should mention in 18, i dont really have fine lines but this it made me look about 60 after the foundation had settled everywhere. I was so dissapointed, definetly wont purchase again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 9:52:00 AM More reviews by amyov

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been a mineral foundation wearer for years, as I have sensitive skin and require daily SPF protection, even in Seattle. However, at 44, I started seeing mineral settle into my skin in an unflattering way. Also, I often wear a motorcycle helmet and found the BE foundation transferred heavily to the helmet (OK, odd issue that won't affect most consumers). I tried Boots, because I was familiar with their great stores in the UK and Canada. I immediately liked this foundation far better than the Lancome and other moderate-expensive brands I also tried. I generally hate the mess of liquid makeup, but the pump dispenser is fabulous. I need less than a full pump to get good coverage on my whole face and part of my neck. It wears quite well all day and I carry a small plastic jar (available from the pharmacy) to touch up any blemishes or red spots during the day. I'm currently trying a Boots loose powder to set it, as well, which probably aids long wear. I notice no scent, have had no breakouts, and will likely purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by foolformakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yes, your skin will temporarily feel velvety. That is because this product is essentially DIMETHICONE!! After the entire bottle was used, I honestly did not see any difference in my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by michyg

So i've only used this for one day but I thought I just have to write a review on it and will update it later if necessary. I LOVE this foundation. I tried it out because of all of the reviews of it on here and it totally works great for my skin. I've been using EL double wear and have been finding that it dries out my skin (even though I still love it) and will probably wear this one during the winter and save my EL for the summer and nights out. I can't rave enough about this. I tried first applying with a sponge but I find that the texture is pretty thin and the sponge absorbs too much of the product. So i tried trying to apply it with my fingers and it worked great! You can easily layer this on without it looking cakey at all. It's got great coverage and is more of a dewy finish. I like this look esp for winter because the weather makes your skin look so blah (where I live it already feels like winter although its only fall). It stayed on great so far ( i used it with my Lancome Base Pro primer) and covers up my pores nicely. I feel a little bit oily but I had a class where the classroom was a thousand degrees and even my EL DW struggles through it. Would def buy it again esp since i got it on sale for $10 CAN!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by thebigtrout

I don't get all the good reviews for this product. I bought this because everyone raved about it. I tried it for a few days and did not like it at all. I decided to give it a break and go back to colorstay for a while and then decided to give it one more try thinking it must be me. Everyone else seemed to have glowing reviews for it. Again, it was the same results. Oily looking on, the coverage was light and it just didn't look good or natural. It was just a so so foundation. Below average in my opinion. I would not repurchase and probably won't use the rest of what I have. A waste of $14. Guess this isn't for everyone.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by inapathy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I dont get it. I tried this because of all the great reviews but the finish was thick, sticky and oily. I felt like I had just a bunch of greasy sunblock on my face. This is probably the worst foundation I have ever tried. I really wanted to like this foundation because of the pump and the great yellowy color but i swear this has sparkles in it and because of the sunblock, the coloring came out as a very white cast on my face. In ANY lighting I looked horrible and fake. I bought nude and it looks amazing in the bottle (the exact shade I am) but applied to my face its a sparkly white weird foundation. Maybe I just got a bad one. It was the last one of its kind at target. Anyway, I'm not repurchasing and my15 bucks is going down the trash :( or i'll see if my friend wants it. But considering its ingrediants are probably really bad for you, I may not give her this foundation. I'm going to really search hard and look up everything on a foundation I plan to buy next time. No spf (it breaks me out anyway), no, sparkles, no weird BHT ingrediants or anything anymore!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I agree. Bought at Target. Fantastic for oily skin. Not a greasy feeling

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Kybele

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am really, really loving this foundation. NC20 in the winter, closer to NC30 in the summer: nude will be perfect in the winter, using Blonde now due to slight tan. I have combination skin which tends to get shiny as the day goes on and this wears better than most foundations I have (and I have 20). It looks fab after a 9 hour day -- some adherence to dry areas, but I'm easing into retinoid use so that's to be expected. I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by presleyh

I am really suprised about the foundation! I normally cant wear a foundation that is not "matte" due to my very oily skin, but this one i can. It is a slightly dewy finish with light-medium coverage. It covers my acne scars just fine. I top it off with rice powder and it literally lasts as long as my colorstay on my skin! The colors do run yellow but nude works fine for my golden skin. It blends great and imo is as good as my high end foundations. I think this would work with most skin types. I will repurchase for sure!