November 23, 2014 | 1497 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by ejp268

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have normal skin that can get oily in the summer, so I use this mainly when the temperatures rise and the humidity picks up. It works great for my skin, exfoliates and removes oil, but leaves it soft with no residue feeling. I use it in the shower so it's not as messy as using it over a sink. It is too irritating for colder days, though, so I recommend for oily skin and/or summer days.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by oneflower

This cleanser worked soo well the first time that when my dad saw me the next morning he said "WOW! Your face looks soo clear and evened-out, did you switch your cleanser or something?"

I have combo, acne-prone, and sensitive skin, but as long as you mix enough water to make it into a (slightly) watery paste (more paste-like, not too much water), you don't need to worry about the gritty stuff irritating your skin, and I found this actually calmed the redness on my skin (mainly cheeks). I use this as a scrub and as a cleanser. When I feel like my skin needs more exfoliating, I will use it every day, if not, generally every 2-3 days is my usual routine. It doesn't seem to do much for my skin when I break-out (I use Herbalism for that), but it does sooth and calm my skin and gives it a radiant look, after removing the residue with my Tea Tree Toner, if any.

It can be quite messy to use (in the shower and for the sink, and especially when it's stuck in between your finger nails!), but I found it's a matter of getting use to it.

The packing in Canada comes in a plastic tub. Honestly, I don't care how the packing looks as long as the stuff works. I'm paying for the quality of the product, not the packaging.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by muse97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is nice, but too drying for my combo skin. I definitely prefer Angels on Bare Skin for myself. This is better for oilier skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by irisng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly, love love love! If you don't have sensitive skin, problem and oily skin, this is perfect. The exfoliation is powerful. You will feel refreshed after using it. It has honestly cleared up most of my skin and it's a must have.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by nikkinapalm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dark Angels: POWERFUL exfoliation! This is like a once or twice a week deal for even the oiliest skins. Loved how gritty this one was...kind of like You Snap the Whip for your face. It actually kind of hurt my sensitive skin. Didn't earn 4 lippies because it is rather messy. Black stuff everywhere in the shower and sink :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by x3adoratiions

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an okay cleansing facial scrub. I have combination skin which leans more towards dry and I find myself using this scrub once every 5-6 days. I follow the instructions on the tub and use it in the shower. It feels more abrasive than the St. Ives scrubs but I find that it does a great job at removing dry flakey skin while the oils in the scrub keep my skin quite moisturised.
But I've got to say, this is the hardest product I've ever worked with. I usually come out of the shower with patches of black film on my lower cheeks and chin, and I find myself doing additional washing and rubbing of my face at the bathroom sink. I avoid drying my face on any towels until I know the black film has gone and I always make sure I use toner before moisturising to remove any additional black/grey colouring. Probably won't be repurchasing, but it was nice to try something charcoal based after hearing great things about it.

EDIT: Just some additional info; avoid using this after the expiration date. I tried using this a month past the expired date (my attempts to not waste the 4/5 of the leftover product) and woke up with a huge, swollen zit on my nose the next morning. Big mistake. If I were to repurchase this, I'd buy it with 2-3 friends and split the product. I seriously can't use 100g in 3 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by sarahu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this scrub. I don't use it every day, but I could. I don't have the problem that others seem to be having of not being able to remove the dark color. I only use this in the shower, and I would recommend that others do as well. I always make sure the cleanser is totally removed before getting out of the shower. I haven't had any other problems with it.

I love the smell of this. It's hard to describe but I think I like it more each use. I have had the same small tub for 6 months and I'm still not done with it. I have been using it a few times a week.

This seems to remove the little flakes on my face without being drying at all. I have been using Retin A Micro a few times a week to keep acne under control, and this doesn't conflict with that at all.

I will definitely keep this one in stock!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by GMJAG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this cleanser. To me it's more of a scrub. It's pretty abrasive, but I feel like it really gets in pores and clarifies them. It has an herby, coaly smell, but I like it! It's definetely unique and one-of-a-kind. If my blackheads, and dead skin ever begin taking a toll on me I whip out the dark angels and scrub away! Now this won't cause your blackheads to go away, but I think it helps some. Good price for something that will last a LONG time, and perfect packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by wormzscareme

I have been slowly working my way through the LUSH cleansers. I had to go to three different stores before I found one that had Dark Angels in stock. It is marketed as a cleanser, but I think it is more of a scrub. I really liked the grainy texture and thought it was more gentle than my usual apricot scrub. I used it daily after my cleanser and felt my skin get noticeably smoother. Minus one lippie for the messy factor. This scrub gets EVERYWHERE. After washing my face, I would have to blow my nose several times to make sure I got it all out. Also, make sure you rinse well as sometimes it can leave a grey film on your skin. I paid about $13 for 1/4 pound and still have about 1/5 of it left after 2 months. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by candace4125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an okay exfoliator, not a facial cleanser in my opinion. I went to lush and asked for a face wash for oily skin and this is they recommended. I found this product very messy to use! The black charcoal pieces get everywhere in my bathroom and stain my wash cloths. This stuff gets all over my clothes when I use it and really hurst if you get it in your eye! I tried using it in the shower and got too much water in the container which messed up the consistancy. ANYWAYS, to use this I pinch a small amount in my hand and mix it with water to make a paste, then I rub it into my face for a little bit and then rinse it off. You really have to wash this stuff off your face really well because the smears of black charcoal settle into your pores and with a bad lit bathroom you may not notice it. The results of this product was okay, it made my skin really smooth and soft but I found this too annoying to use and will not repurchase it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No