LUSH Dark Angels

Rhassoul Mud, Cold Pressed Avocado Oil, Glycerine, Powdered Charcoal, Black Sugar, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Perfume, Linalool, Sandalwood Oil, Rosewood oil (VEGAN)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I started using Dark Angels about 3-4 months ago. I got 50 grams of it for about $5 or so, just to try it out, and I love it! It gently cleans my face and removes any excess oils, brightens up my face, and leaves my skin feeling extremely soft. I also noticed that while adding this into my skin care routine, I hadn't been getting any huge breakouts, just the usual little pimples here and there. I recommend using this in the shower, because it is much easier to wash off. I tried using this over my sink, and it didn't wash off easily, there was still black left over on my face. Overall, I give this product a 4 out of 5. Also, you don't need to use much. All you use is a pea-sized amount. The 50 grams that I got lasted me 3 whole months (using it every other day in the shower)! I definitely recommend this product, and I am going to repurchase this on my next trip to LUSH.

on 8/12/2012 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

One of the best facial exfoliators out there! I'm so glad I gave it a try! I've always wanted to buy Kate Somerville's Exfolikate, but it was just too expensive. This on the other hand will give you a clean, fresh, radiant, and oil free face with a fraction of the price. When you rub this on your face, you can really feel it exfoliating the skin. It can be quite abrasive, so just be gentle. It's actually very affordable too, because you only use it once or twice a week. I will forever be a fan! Definitely recommend!

on 8/12/2012 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Had high hopes reading the reviews. I had suffered with horrible acne since 14 and i will literally try everthing hoping for it to work sadly this scrub did nothing for me. At all. Everytime i scrubbed my face with this i had some black stains on my face. My face never really felt clean nor exfoliated despite the abraisive texture. I often washed my face with another cleanser after. I wanted it to work but it only made my face feel dirtier and worsened my acne.

on 7/25/2012 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The experience of using LUSH Dark Angels feels just like any other excellent face scrub, although this feels a little more… abrasive… in a pretty good way if that makes sense. The grittiness of the ‘charcoal’ is just enough to slough off and polish the skin, but not so much that it ends up being irritating. My face feels amazingly smooth (like a baby’s bottom, I tell you) and refreshed after using Dark Angels without that tight and dry feel some cleanser and exfoliators leave. My skin feels clean, clear, and loved. I use it for my elbows too and any other body part that needs regular exfoliating.

on 7/24/2012 12:15:00 PM

Overall, I'd say I like this product and it did make my skin look nice but I don't think I will repurchase. I've been pretty blessed when it comes to my skin; I don't have acne and I only get the occasional breakout that is easy to tame. But I do have combination skin that gets really dry and tight in my cheeks and oily on my skin and forehead. The first time I used this, I really liked it. It made my skin look and feel really clean and after rinsing, my skin looked bright and revived. But the more I've used it, my skin began to feel even more dry and tight and I experience some redness in sensitive areas. I think that this was just a little to harsh for me. Plus, not a huge fan of the smell (although it's not so bad, you get used to it.) Nice product, just not right for my skin.

on 7/14/2012 5:29:00 PM

This is such a lovely product. It's basically a sugar and charcoal scrub, so it's really great if you have oily, dull, uneven skin. First time I used it, I was skeptical since the scrubs I've tried didn't do much and instead left me with red, irritated skin. My face randomly gets splotchy throughout the day and the scrubs I previously used just made it worse. But as soon as I washed Dark Angels off, my skin was glowing and soft with NO RED SPLOTCHES! It was like a miracle! Yes this can get messy, so what I do is scoop some product into the palm of one hand then use the other to apply it to my damp face. Haven't had a problem with it getting everywhere so far. I've been using a sample of this for the past month or so and went out today to get a larger pot because I love it so much. The SA told me that the $12 pot I bought could last me two months max but the small sample I got has lasted me through a month with daily use, so I guess it's really up to personal experience. Love this and definitely recommend if you have oily and dull skin!

on 7/10/2012 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was the first product I ever got from Lush and I really like it. I use it every day and sometimes twice a day. It doesn't dry out my skin and it isn't rough on my skin. It does its job and cleans my face, leaving it soft and helps with my oily skin. The only down sides are that it is kind of messy and it's hard to get off without using a washcloth. But overall, I love this face wash and will buy it again.

on 6/7/2012 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've been using this cleanser for several years now and it is my HG cleanser. It cleans and smooths my skin without drying and greatly reduces the amount of acne on my face when used regularly (morning and night). For me this worked better than herbalism, but for those who found this too harsh, herbalism or possibly angels on bare skin might be better for your skin types. For me those cleaned well, but didn't help with the acne. I've also tried coalface, which for me was too drying and not exfoliating enough for me. The only qualm I have with this product is that it is very messy to use. In order to overcome this I tend to use it in the shower. It does NOT remove makeup! You have to use a makeup remover or makeup removing cleanser before using this!

on 5/12/2012 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not a fan of Dark Angels. I felt it was too rough on my skin -- it doesn't irritate, but I dislike the feealing of applying it.
And the black colour doesn't come off, if my skin has been even the slightest bit oily before applying Dark Angels.
Also, it leaves some kind of a greasy layer on my skin, which I don't like. I wish it would leave the skin completely purified like Coalface does. I don't feel like it's a good fit for my overly oily skin.

on 5/5/2012 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have normal skin that can get oily in the summer, so I use this mainly when the temperatures rise and the humidity picks up. It works great for my skin, exfoliates and removes oil, but leaves it soft with no residue feeling. I use it in the shower so it's not as messy as using it over a sink. It is too irritating for colder days, though, so I recommend for oily skin and/or summer days.