July 30, 2014 | 1121 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by robynmichellep

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this after using angels on bare skin...and I have to say I wasn't all that pleased. The woman at the store was very curt with me when I told her I wasn't impressed by angels on bare skin (which really has nothing to do with the product, I know.). I explained that angels on bare skin had cleared up my acne prone skin as much as I would have liked, in fact, in some places it was worse. She told me this would be better.

For the first little while, a week and half or so, it was. My skin was visibly clearer...until it wasn't. I started breaking out more and I used this product for one month and there was no change. And it is VERY VERY messy! I used it in the shower because it was so messy and fussy. I usually like LUSH products, but this was a major let down.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by SkinStudent

Tonight I used the cleanser slightly differently, now I no longer have the black-residue problem that many other users also complained about. After the first use, I also had a bunch of black residue on my face. When I used the cotton ball to apply toner, the cotton ball turned grey. So I never touched the cleanser again -- it sat there for over half a year. Given so many good reviews, I decided to give it another try tonight. I followed the instructions exactly this time. I worked the product into a paste in my hand first, and then applied it to my face. After gently massaging my face, I let it sit on my face while taking the shower. About a minute or so later, I rinse off the product thoroughly, and it felt clean! To test whether any residue remained, I used the toner and there was nothing! I still need to wait and see how well it controls the oiliness over time. I will update later if any surprises arise.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by mimimachine

I read some reviews of this and wanted to try it out. The price is so cheap. I'm not a fan of the container but oh well. I must be doing something wrong here because I'm one of the people who's face turns BLACK like a chimney sweep after using this! And it doesn't come off!!! I don't get how those of you who are getting it all rinsed off are doing it. No amount of scrubbing, rinsing, etc., will get this off. It's terrible! It also leaves an oily greasy residue on my face. It's really unfortunate because where my skin is actually rinsed, it's clean and exfoliated. The smell is pleasant. But the black residue is seriously bad. Is there some sort of trick to this? I make it into a paste, I tend to use it in the shower, I sometimes use a face cloth to rinse... EVERY SINGLE TIME no matter what I do it leaves the black goo. Unless Lush reformulates (again), I will not repurchase. I do not want to have to re-cleanse my face to remove the black residue after each use which is what I've had to do.

EDIT: I've changed my rating to 1 lippie just because the black residue problem is so atrocious. I stopped by a Lush store the other day and mentioned it to the SA who said to bring it back even though I no longer have the receipt for an exchange for another product. I will GLADLY return this terrible cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by pir0u3tt3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG morning cleanser! I used to use Coalface (which has some of the same ingredients as Dark Angels), which worked wonders for my acne prone skin, but this works even better! I was sad when Lush temporarily stopped making this awhile back, but after it was reformulated, I still find it to be as good as it was before. If you have acne prone, combination to oily skin, go down to your local Lush and ask for a sample of this, it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by NolitaLolita

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried everything for my sensitive, oily, acne prone skin with mixed results. I've used cleansers that worked at first and then my acne reappeared. Two weeks ago I received a sample of Dark Angels and am shocked at the difference in my skin. It's smoother and clearer than it's been in years. I haven't had to use foundation to hide my skin's flaws since I started using it. I may have found my perfect cleanser at last! Yes, it's a bit messy, but it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by oooSLICKooo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After a month of using this, I can honestly say that I love this! I have combo skin thats oily in the summer, drier in the winter, acne prone. Its a coal laced cleanser that has the consistency of damp dirt. The coal is supposed to soak up oil and impurities in pores. This can be messy, and you definitely don't want to put wet hands into the container. The smell is similar to coalface, licorice-like, supposedly, but it smells like grass to me. I like to take a pinch a little bigger than pea size and roll it into a ball with my fingers. Then I set it on my bathtub rim before I take a shower. It hasn't stained my sink/tub at all. After wetting my face I put my little ball of Dark Angels in my palm and rub it around with a bit of water to get a nice pasty consistency, like mud. Then I apply to my face and scrub. This does not lather, btw. I leave it on for a bit while finish showering, I find it rinses off completely and doesn't leave any black residue behind at all. From the very first time I used it, my skin felt SO soft after rinsing. And whats even more surprising is that my skin was oil free, but wasn't tight and dry. I like that. I also use this as a mask at the recommendation of the salesperson. After a month of using my skin looks clear, even, and acne free. I like that it doesn't have SLS (which is a lathering agent) as I think SLS doesn't agree with my skin. It may not be for everyone, but I'm so glad I gave this a try. Out of all LUSH cleansers I've tried Angels on Bare Skin, Coalface, Fresh Farmacy, and Herbalism. Dark angels is the best.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by rabas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This is a good scrub ,helps with blackheads but it left my face greasy with black patches . Afterwards I had to wash my face with coalface . I don't think I will purchase it again .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a pretty decent sample of this when I told the sales girl that my face doesn't get along with the SLS's in coalface and fresh farmacy. I have only used this twice and I really love it.
She told me to use it in the shower since it's messy. I haven't had a problem with the coal staying on my face but since I've used aquamarina I always wet my face before i start using it.
I have eczema on my face so I am always looking to try stuff that will help with it. I also have an oily face so sometimes things that keep it at bay make me even more oily soooo this in my rotation will be fabulous.
I plan to buy a tub of this very soon (well when I am finished with this sample).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

I received a sample of this product during my last LUSH purchase. Even after I washed it off of my face I could still see black residue on my skin. I have to follow up with a another cleanser, as water does not remove it. I find this slightly annoying. I did not see any improvements either, but I only used it 2 times. It left my skin slightly pink too. Will not be purchasing. I also don't like to dip my fingers into the container. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Charlin

I used this about 5 times and the more I used it the blacker my face became! I looked like a victorian chimney sweep! We're talking about big black smudges that are hard to wash off.
The texture is very grainy, like rubbing sand on your face so it does scrub well, but I definitely won't buy this again for the mess on my skin/sink/shower.