Latisse Lash Growth Drops

4.4

The active ingredient in LATISSE is bimatoprost 0.03%.
Approved Use: LATISSE® is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.

on 5/18/2011 11:01:00 PM

I'm using the Bimatoprost from All Day Chemist. I've been using it for 31 days, and the results are amazing. I've always had reasonably long lashes but lacked some fullness, and they were never as long or lush as I wanted. I usually use half-demi falsies for evening, just to make them pop.

But now? Ohhhh my gosh. I've changed mascaras because length is no longer an issue, so now I seek volume. But I can see that in addition to the mad length, I have new growth that is going to also make them fuller as they finish coming in. Already, I'm nearly at the point where I only need tint to make them stand out. And with a real high-impact lengthening mascara? Well that's just ridiculous now.

All in all, I couldn't be happier with the way this has worked for me. Some of my new lashes are coming in blonde or white, but who cares? They look fantastic!

on 5/4/2011 3:25:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

OMG --I'M 39 & I CAN SEE MY EYEBROWS FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE HIGH SCHOOL.

Seriously, I have nice enough lashes, but I have invisible, sparse brows that require dye and makeup to fill in the spaces. I've only been using this stuff 1 week! I'm using it on my lashes too, just to see how crazy they can get, and I am also seeing those thicken up since my hair grows very fast. I'm absolutely thrilled with the results in the brows, which is an off-label use, but a very effective use.

FTR: I will be buying Careprost in the future. I didn't do enough research beyond "it works" before jumping on the BOGO for Latisse. I got 4 bottles for $198 in April. Careprost sells for $10 @ one site, $14.90 @ another, and about $20.30 @ a 3rd site. All of these prices are much more reasonably priced than Latisse. There is no logical reason to need a brand new brush for every stroke if you are hygienic, and I spent 10+ years as an ABO NCLE Optician/Contact Lens Technician, so I am familiar with Lumigan, the original drops that Allergan marketed for years as a prescription treatment for Glaucoma. One of the known side effects was patients' eyelashes would grow. When Allergan's license ran out for their 10 year exclusivity on the formula, they got the FDA to approve it as Latisse for "hypotrichosis of the eyelashes"; in other words, they found a way to re-market the same drug with another 10 year exclusivity license. Since Lumigan can be made into a generic form, Careprost has simply done something... slippery. They are marketing the generic Glaucoma drops as off-label eyelash growth drops. It's a legitimate generic variety of the exact same formulation, just being sold for the 2nd FDA approved use.

If I had done a little more homework before buying Latisse, I would have just bought the generic instead. I could have gotten 12 bottles for $120! At least the generic will make the maintenance much easier. ;)

6.30.2011 ~ 8 week update: RE: my lashes--by the 4th week, I had a few weird lashes that were growing above the lash-line by approx. 1mm, & by "weird" I mean "extremely long, straight-as-a-board, pointing downward against the curl, and non-responsive to heated lash curlers." These lashes interfered with applying mascara or eyeliner, and they looked bizarre. I yanked those out with tweezers; in the last 8 weeks I have had to remove a total of 6 of these "weird" hairs--2 on my L eye, 4 on my R. Aside from the freaks, my lashes were starting to grow long enough to reach my brows by week 4. Now in week 8, ALL my lashes on the R are reaching into my brows (freakishly long--husband says they look "fake" when I wear mascara), & lashes on L are also reaching ridiculous lengths, but not evenly. L appears mangy compared to R. I can see new lashes growing on L under and within lash-line, & I am seeing the shorter lashes grow longer each day. I expect them to match R within a few weeks. Latisse is VERY clear that it takes 16 weeks for full effect, so I'm only halfway there. Because I use 4 drops a night (1 for each lash line & 1 for each brow) I have just opened my 3rd bottle a few days ago (1 bottle lasts exactly 4 weeks/30 days).

RE: Brows: They have grown in thicker and darker with time (baseline = invisible blond & sparse w/ missing sections), & they are becoming ridiculously long. I may need to trim them! I used to have about 3 or 4 hairs from arch to outer-eye portion of brows, now I have a fully connected brow, even with tweezing/shaping maintenance. Currently @ 8 weeks the brows are clearly strawberry blond & complete w/ some colorless-blond hairs mixed about.

My mother bought Careprost from All Day Chemist and a week later had to file a police report due to many fraudulent CC charges made immediately after purchase (I warned her about the fraud reports in MUA); beware of ADC for Careprost generic! I will be spending $14.90 per bottle with another Careprost supplier~will update w/ info on that transaction when it comes.

on 4/20/2011 3:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love it! My 2nd "bout" with Latisse. Used it last year, 2-3 tubes, worked wonderfully with only side-effect being lash line darkened a bit. No biggie. Quit for a year+, lost effectiveness of course, and just started again about 2 mos ago and lashes are sooooo long again. Posting this to tell everyone you can GET BUY ONE GET ONE FREE if you join LATESSE LASHPERKS at Latisse.com. I have my form coming for sure to take advantage of this offer!

on 4/18/2011 5:32:00 PM

Latisse really works. Used it for 4 months every night and I had long, dark eyelashes that I wish I was born with. They were so long that they touched the inside of my sunglasses. Real proud of them! Unfortunately, it reverted back to my old lashes after a few months - a Cinderella sort of effect! Also experienced some darkness under my eyes, but not too bad - worth it for the results. Please make something that it is permanent!!

on 4/10/2011 9:47:00 AM

I started using Latisse last night. I had PTR Lashes to Die For, which I liked (for a week), but returned it. My lashes are 1/4 inch now. Immediately, I noticed a slight itching,but it quickly went away. No itching this morning. My allergies and the pollen count are wreaking havoc, so I can't tell if my eyes were slightly red from the Latisse or the pollen. I'm going to make this ongoing.

I apply it by placing one drop of Latisse onto the sterile cap, and using my sterilized Stimulash brush, (which is tiny, like Lashes to Die For), and dipping it into the drop. One drop was plenty for both eyes. :)

This will be the third night. I've found irritation, slightly, so I applied it last night around 7, and it dried for about 3 hours. I then felt irritation, around 1:00, got up, used Opcon A eye drops, and when I woke, my eyes looked great. No redness on the outside or inside. There maybe something to that, letting it completely dry, before laying down. I'll try it again tonight.

Began using a Sonia eye liner brush from Target. It takes one drop, no irritation...life is good.

04/15: I absolutely love Latisse. Not having a break between lash formulas, I already have curl to my lashes I never had, and it's only been a week. My eyelashes make me feel pretty. I've never felt pretty, but I do now. Thankyou, Latisse!

04/27: Wow, definite growth. So happy.

06/07: My lashes are long, and look almost like false eyelashes. no side effects!

on 4/4/2011 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Latisse is like MAGIC SUGAR FAIRY UNICORN CHOCOLATE LOVE.

I used the Jane Iredale stuff a few years ago, back when it had the same active ingredient as Latisse, and it worked well. I didn't feel like paying for Latisse, so I tried RevitaLash for a few months. It worked, too, though not as much. It seemed to condition my lashes which helped them grow.

I've been using Latisse for about 2.5 weeks, and my lashes are noticeably LONGER, and I can see they are getting thicker and darker at the base. I can't wait to see how they'll look in a few weeks. My SO even noticed how luscious my lashes look. He didn't use the word "luscious," but when he pointed at my eyes, grunted and said, "Cool," I totally knew that's what he meant.

The brushes that come with the kit are big, fat cheap ones—made from the same brush fibers as the brushes in kids' watercolor sets. Hard, plastic and not pliable. Yuck. Eww. And wasteful. One brush for each eye every night? That's crazy. The brushes also absorb SO MUCH product. I swear they do this sh** on purpose so we'll have to buy more sooner.

I bought an eyeliner brush at Sephora and I use that. I clean it with antibacterial soap every night. No problems.

I only need one drop for both eyes, and end up with a little left to put on the outer tail of my brows, which is thinner than I'd like. Those areas are starting to get little hairs now.

Now if I could only find the perfect soft, fluffy thickening mascara, my eyelash world would be complete.

EDIT: I stopped using this after a few months because my mom uses the same solution in drop form in one of her eyes for glaucoma. That eye looks much droopier than the other. I thought "maybe" this is just part of the glaucoma, still I got nervous. And TODAY (3/21/12) there are posts all over the boards about Latisse causing drooping and loss of facial fat!!!!! Aaaarrrgh! So scary. Dodged a bullet!!!

My mom got this for me as an early birthday present. I cannot imagine spending so much money on a monthly treatment, but it is exactly that...a treat! I've used it a week and the results are so shocking! My lashes already look twice their normal length, but they have also been very red and somewhat painful. I have not taken my contacts out in FOREVER so it could be a side effect of either or both! Regardless, this works like magic.

on 3/31/2011 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

THE GOOD: I'm on week 6 of my nightly Latisse regime and have already noticed significant lash growth. My eyelashes have become thicker and longer. I especially see growth on the inner lashes closest to my nose. I also have a few stragglers, one on each eye that are a millemeter or two longer than the other lashes. When I wear curl and wear mascara, my lashes feel like butterflies that flutter whenever I blink. My husband even commented that they look longer.

A single bottle of Latisse is supposed to last for 30 days. I have started using mine on February 15, and still have more than 1/2 the bottle. It comes with 60 (one for each eye) individually wrapped brushes as well. I tried using brushes, but they are extremely hard and not rigid. I opted to use a new Mac #208 angled brush for application. Use it sparingly, you just need one drop for each eye which is suffice. I'm sure I will get close to 90 days use with mine one bottle.

THE BAD: This stuff isn't cheap, I understand that when I stop using it, my beautiful, pretty long lashes will revert back to being the same old mediocre lashes I had, and that bites. I received my Latisse for free; I simply called a Dr. on the referral list in my area. I never saw the Dr., but the receptionist asked me a few questions, and said I could come in and get a full size sample, just for coming and and filling out a form with my contact information. I almost didn't beleive it, but I left the office with no official Dr. visit, after filling out a form with my name, address, age and email address, and sample (for 30 days) in hand. That is a little worrisome, that it would be handled out so easily. I have researched Latisse for over a year before trying it; however, it still would have been nice to see the Dr. I guess I saved myself the price of the vist, at the $110.00 the office charges for a box.

THE UGLY: Dark eye circles!!! I have noticed that I started to get dark under eye circles since using Latisse. I am African American, of a tan complexion, like Alicia Keys. Nowhere, through my research and warnings, did I see that Latisse could cause dark under eye circles. I didn't find this out until I had them, then started to actually google Latisse, dark eye circles to know that this happens to many Latisse users. I have started using cream for eye circles, then over that a vaseline barrier under my eyes at night. I have seen some noticeable improvement. I will continue using Latisse if I can combat those circles. I am going to try for another 2 weeks to see what happens since I have been working with the dark under eye circles for just over a week. At my age and with my complexion, having long eye lashes isn't worth the dark circles. All reports that I could find on the net show that with discontinuation of Latisse, the dark circles also disappear.

Latisse can also cause iris pigmentation (darker) and darkening of the eyelid, none of which happened to me. If you don't exhibit any of these symptons, I would reccommend you use it if you want lash growth.

I will follow up in a few weeks inform everyone of what happens with my dark under eye circle sauga.

on 3/22/2011 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm not going to weigh in on the issue of Latisse vs. generic. I have been using Latisse for almost a year, and I am delighted with the results, the lashes are definitely longer and slightly more voluminous. I do have a bit of darkening along the upper lash line but as I wear eye makeup on most days it does not bother me. I have not detected any change to the color of my iris. The brushes that come with this product are awful - I just put a drop in a contact lense case and dip a straight-edged eyeliner brush into it and a bottle will last months. Oddly, I do not really need to curl my eyelashes anymore, as they seem be growing in that way.

on 3/12/2011 10:04:00 PM

I am on week five of daily use and my lashes are improving daily. I saw regrowth at week 3.

I lost significant amounts of lashes on both lids due to ocular rosacea. This has grown them back where there were NO lashes left.

It was slightly irritating to my eyes at first, but that has gone away. It does not bother my lids (and they are very sensitive because of the rosacea) or change the color of my eyes or eyelids.

The packaging is wasteful and probably accounts in part for the high price.

I got mine at Target for $97, cheaper than Walgreens.

I am very pleased and will keep using.