Latisse Lash Growth Drops

4.4

The active ingredient in LATISSE is bimatoprost 0.03%.
Approved Use: LATISSE® is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.

on 3/22/2011 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm not going to weigh in on the issue of Latisse vs. generic. I have been using Latisse for almost a year, and I am delighted with the results, the lashes are definitely longer and slightly more voluminous. I do have a bit of darkening along the upper lash line but as I wear eye makeup on most days it does not bother me. I have not detected any change to the color of my iris. The brushes that come with this product are awful - I just put a drop in a contact lense case and dip a straight-edged eyeliner brush into it and a bottle will last months. Oddly, I do not really need to curl my eyelashes anymore, as they seem be growing in that way.

on 3/12/2011 10:04:00 PM

I am on week five of daily use and my lashes are improving daily. I saw regrowth at week 3.

I lost significant amounts of lashes on both lids due to ocular rosacea. This has grown them back where there were NO lashes left.

It was slightly irritating to my eyes at first, but that has gone away. It does not bother my lids (and they are very sensitive because of the rosacea) or change the color of my eyes or eyelids.

The packaging is wasteful and probably accounts in part for the high price.

I got mine at Target for $97, cheaper than Walgreens.

I am very pleased and will keep using.

on 3/9/2011 2:56:00 PM

BEWARE ALL DAY CHEMIST! Careprost/Latisse does work, it lengthened my stubby lashes beautifully and I had no reaction to it (discolorations etc). BUT unfortunately Alldaychemist has security problems and my card # was stolen and within an hour of placing my order there were several fraudulant charges. Thank god for fraud protection. DON"T BUY FROM ALLDAYCHEMIST.COM. Note about a month ago I had no problem ordering from them, got my order, no fraud.

on 3/6/2011 3:44:00 AM

I've been using Latisse for about 1mos now.

I found that my lashes have grown out a bit longer and I also got some new lashes growing in as well.

The results are more noticeable when I wear mascara. Also my lashes actually STAY CURLED now.

Before using Latisse my lashes were very straight and short (typical asian lashes).

I definitely will continue using this product to see how much longer my lashes will grow out.

I uploaded a picture on my profile page where you can see my results.

on 3/2/2011 11:11:00 AM

Hi

I have been using latisse for about 4 months. My eyelashes were so tiny before using - It has been great. The pain has been going to my doctors office for refills. I have learned that I can safely get Latisse online at a much better price at that.

latisse.bz

I though I would share.

on 2/20/2011 3:27:00 PM

I began using Latisse 4 months ago and just finished the first bottle! I apply it every night, but have missed about 14 days within this period. I used it the first time as directed and couldn't believe the amount of product which went into my eyes. Instead, barely squeezing, I let a small drop fall into a spare contact lens case. I use a thin eyeliner brush and my 10X mirror and I sweep the base of my lash line with the product. I apply the excess to lower lashes or to bald spots in my eyebrows. Just running the barely wet brush over my thin eyebrows has had an effect. My stylist has been amazed by the growth of my eyelashes and my eyebrows.

Naturally, I have thin, short, blond eyelashes. Now I have thick, long, darker eyelashes. Even my husband comments on the change. The tips of my eyelashes are still blond as these are the original eyelashes which grew out. I'm looking forward to seeing what my eyelashes will look like after these fall out and all my lashes are the Latisse grown lashes.

The only negative is that my lashes have grown in straight out and not flared. I'm planning to buy some clear mascara to wear during the day. When I put on regular mascara, I no longer need to curl my lashes and they almost touch my eyebrows. I've also had to pluck stray hairs which have grown into the inner eyelid. After 2 months, I noticed that I had lost a few hairs in one area. Eyelashes grew back in, and this hasn't happened again. I do have a slight purple coloration which should fade when I no longer use daily. I just brush on a neutral eyeshadow which brightens my eyelid and covers the purple.

I buy my Latisse from an on-line doctor in Virginia. It costs $87/bottle plus about $5 shipping - what a deal! As this board is not to be used for advertising, I will just say to Google it. I just filled out a medical questionnaire which was followed up by a phone consult. After this, reorders are just a simple one-line process.

In summary, I am pleased with Latisse. I would suggest using it with an eyeliner brush (keep it clean) as this prevents product from flowing into the eye which causes irritation. One drop is enough for both eyes, and there is still enough for running over the eyebrows.

on 2/15/2011 6:46:00 AM

Today is week 10 of using this product. I am still on my first bottle and use an eyeliner brush rather than the brushes that come with the drops. The first month or so of using Latisse, I experienced quite a bit of lash fallout. It was so bad, in fact, that I considered stopping use entirely. Almost overnight, at about 6 weeks, I started noticing dramatic change in length. The growth continued rapidly for about a week then slowed down almost to a stop.I have yet to see any significant new growth after that little spurt and hope that this isn't as good as it gets! Don't get me wrong- my lashes nearly touch my brows, and they've maintained the length I gained in the little spurt, but I don't see much in the way of volume at all. Others have commented on my lashes and I've been asked a few times now if I'm wearing false eyelashes, so it could just be the fact that I don't notice the change as much since I'm the one scrutinizing them in the mirror every day.

I, like other reviewers, have experienced a lot of "renegade lashes" popping up as well. I have a few individual lashes that are crazy long, but they seem to grow in a different direction than others on my lashline and they're nearly impossible to curl. I've also had some stray lashes growing in the inner corner of my eyelid that needed to be plucked to prevent irritation. I don't see any discoloration and only experienced slight irritation during my first week of use. I already have my second bottle and will continue to repurchase so long as I can maintain results. I'll update again at week 16.

on 2/13/2011 12:33:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

It just didn't work for me at all. I used up one bottle - no change at all. My dermatologist advised it might take longer to work, so I just finished my second bottle. I won't be buying any more - I have no improvement in my lashes. In fact I think they are worse than when I started since I now have a couple of gaps in my lash line that I never had before.

I know it works for some people. I have friends who've used it and grew lashes like Bambi. I've no idea why it doesn't work for me. I've also tried Rapidlash and that didn't work either.

I'll probably just try lash extensions.

on 2/3/2011 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Update: I am going to stop using this after over a year of use. My eyes have become red around the rim, bloodshot, my vision cloudy/ blurry at times and having read an article I believe this is down to this product. After not using it for a week my eyes are much better. Will be sad to see my eyelashes return to normal but my sight comes first. This review is for the 100% the same but cheaper product Careprost.
This really does work! After 12 weeks I had much longer lashes. My lashes have never been commented on - until I used this. There is a PROBLEM with it though. I found that it made my lashes somewhat wild - curly weirdly, not sitting right. Some of my upper lashes grew pointing downwards to the point that they were pretty straight and didnt curl. I even had an eyelash on the outer corner growing/pushing down and actually grew into my lower eyelid. I had to pull it out. This is my reason for giving it 3. If you have lovely curled lashes that are fairly short but perfectly formed I really wouldnt recommend this. My sister also used this (she did have nice lashes but not all that long) she gave up using it after the 12 weeks having also reported wild, out of control lashes. You also notice this on bottom lashes. Although I never applied it to lower lashes they didn't sit right and would cross over each other - like what happens when you sleep funny on your eyebrows. Im in week 30 or so of maintainence (ive lost count now). Last week I noticed that in one eye a section of lashes (about 5-6) FELL OUT pretty much all at the same time (over a couple of days). There were new ones growing through but they were less than half the size of the full length ones. This made my lashes look ridiculous. Thankfully my fringe falls on that side and i can cover it up to some extent.
After all this I'm torn. Sometimes my lashes look great after using this, other times they look ridiculous. I will continue to use for a while longer.
Maybe one of those heated stick curlers might help to force the lashes into place but my experience of them in the past is that they are rubbish.

on 1/30/2011 11:32:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Sigh...this irritated my eyes so bad. Redness, slightly swollen, glossy/goopy eyes, reddish/brownish/purplish lids. I used this for 3 months or so. Though my eyelashes were getting long, the eye irritation made me look old and tired. Perhaps initially, I was using too much but even I used the very bare minimum, I still had the old/tired look. Took a few weeks for my lids to get back to normal but seems like they are still a bit darker than before.

Top Rated Lash Treatments