Latisse Lash Growth Drops

4.4

The active ingredient in LATISSE is bimatoprost 0.03%.
Approved Use: LATISSE® is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.

I have a love hate relationship with latisse. I actually use careprost ($10) from alldaychemist, which is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much cheaper than latisse ($99+). The first week of use my eyes got red, and a sort of white/yellow discharge would come out the inner corner of my eye (Allergic conjunctivitis?) I would go to work looking like I was stoned... however, this only lasted a week, if that. I used this religiously for months, but then I got lazy. I swear that I will use this the rest of my life, because my lashes are soo beautiful, and they got so long that I my hubby told me I needed to stop because they were looking freakish!! I will say that the lashes can grow in awkward places, and I had follicles get infected because they were growing weird, but I just pluck those, and problem solved. All in all, if you have patience, and put this on correctly, you will love your results...NOTE: DO NOT USE THE APPLICATORS LATISSE PROVIDES. ITS A WASTE OF PRODUCT AND MONEY!!!! Use a eyeliner brush instead and save yourself a couple of bucks.ONE DROP IS MORE THAN WHAT YOU NEED FOR BOTH EYES!!! One bottle will last you a minimum of 2 months. I am on my third bottle, and apply twice a week to maintain growth. Oh yeah, forgot to mention I got a little dizzy on some occasions because I got product in my eye, (which changed my eye pressure, hence it is orignally a glaucoma rx) but that shortly passed after several minutes... My general doctor said there was no problem in indefinite use so, all in all, going to repurchase and use rest of my life!!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Latisse is the most amazing cosmetic product I have ever used! Yes, it's pricey but I have only purchased it when either Latisse or my dermatologist has offered a buy one get one free offer so that's basically half price. Instead of $115 per bottle it's $57.50 and this stuff is the REAL DEAL! My eyelashes started growing after only 3 weeks! It's been about 9 weeks now (I'm still using my first bottle, so it lasts longer than they say) and people are asking me if my lashes are fake! If you want longer, fuller lashes Latisse doesn't mess around!

I have used this product according to the directions since March 2009. It worked great up until 6 weeks ago. Over the last 6 weeks, it stopped working. My Dermatologist told me to give it a boost by increasing the maintenance applications to 3-4 weekly which I did for 4 weeks. No results. I have stopped purchasing Latisse due to the cost and the lack of continued results.

I am using generic Latisse for 5 weeks and 2 days. Use once a day to night. I have been very happy with the results.
My lashes were small (not extremely small, but small).

I began to notice a difference in the second week of use - a slight difference.
The difference was greater in the fourth week - see the eyelashes longer and a little fuller, I saw no difference in color. Now in the fifth week, I see the lashes even more so.
My lashes are stronger (when step makeup remover to get the waterproof mascara does not drop any cilium).
My eyes burn a little (also get a little red) but step artificial tears several times a day, which solves the problem!

I notice a difference when you step ... mascara eyelashes become very big, like never been before.
Like most, I use eyeliner brush and a drop to give the two eyes.
Here in Brazil paid 47.00 reais a 5ml bottle of bimatoprost.

There was a slight pigmentation in the area that I apply the product, but nothing that bothers me.
I'm thinking about starting to go 2 times a day (morning and evening), or bimatoprost spend the night and double lash (Mavala) evening - someone already made ​​this association and got good results?
Continue to write to talk about the evolution of my eyelashes.
For now I'm loving the results!

Up date: I am in 11th week of use. I love the results. My lashes are double what they were before. Both in size and quantity!
I noticed a difference (but not much) in the color of them are a little darker.
When they almost reach masks while in the brow!
The bad news is that irritate my eyes a little, they become red and burn time. But the result is worth super worth!

Up date: Makes 17 weeks I'm using LATISSE (bimatoprost). Wonderful! My lashes are huge and beautiful! They are full too. Excellent product. I recommend to all!
Even Aspose 16 weeks continuous use every day. Not intend to stop using all day!
I love my eyelashes now!!
;)

Latisse is COMPLETELY worth the high price. I used to have short, thin, sparse and straight Asian eyelashes. I'm on the 4th month of using Latisse and the results are so amazing. Results: my lashes are almost twice as long (very short to begin with), relatively thick and they curl up naturally. It's absolutely beautiful and I say that because I've never ever liked my eyelashes my whole life. Some side effects to watch out for: it did irritate my eyes for the first month. My eyes were itchy and red but this went away after a month. I haven't noticed any discoloration on my lash line. My left eyelashes and my right eyelashes are coming in a different lengths. It's not a big deal, I think my right eyelashes will eventually catch up to my left eyelashes. Value: I can make one bottle last 2 months even though it says it is a month's worth. Use a fine eyeliner brush instead of the applicators that the Latisse comes with. Also, I've come across many great deals for Latisse, including buy 1 get 1 free, which was awesome. I highly recommend this if you are willing to spend the money ($110-120) for actual results.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got a free bottle of Latisse from my dermatologist and noticed lash growth within the first week. I loved it. Within a month I had lashes and no longer needed to use an eyelash curler. There was some hyerpigmentation on my upper lids, but it was like I had eye shadow on and it was a positive. After about 2 months, pollen season starting, and suddenly I had swollen eyes and it looked like I had a black eye on the right eye. I thought it was due to the pollen and started taking antihistimines, pills and drops, stopped using the Latisse. The problem SLOWLY resolved, was almost gone and I thought I would try the Latisse again. ONE night and I'm back where I was. I don't believe it had to do with the pollen and I have become allergic to the Latisse. I'm very sad because it was wonderful to have lashes and could get up in the morning with no makeup and look much better. Now I have to try to heal up again. I rated it a 1 because of my reaction to it, would love to give it a 5, because that was what it was until this happened.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've always had average lashes with blonde tips. It'd take me coats and coats of mascara each morning to get the look I wanted. So of course I tried Latisse. At first, I had some minor irritation -- some itching on the eyelid and some eye redness in the morning. But this went away after the first few weeks and was alleviated by eye drops. For the first month, nothing much happened. Around week 5, I noticed the length changing. Each morning for the next several weeks, I'd have new, darker lashes cropping up. Some of them would stick around, and some of them would be gone the next day. They were constantly changing. But one thing was sure -- they were getting longer, thicker, and darker. I had the most impressive results around week 12 or 13. And even though I'm on week 20 or so as I write this, I'm still using it just about every night, and my lashes continue to change -- mostly they're getting thicker. Check my profile for a before/after shot with NO mascara. (And please forgive my photography and Photoshop skills!) I love Latisse and plan on using it for as long as I can afford it. I have hazel eyes and haven't had any eye change color, nor have any darkening of the eyelid. I love my spidery lashes! Thanks, Allergan.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

HAD a side effect they don't really tell you about. My eyelids started getting much thinner after 5 weeks of use. If you Google "Orbital Fat Loss" Wikepedia says it can be a side effect of Latisse. If you are in your twenties or have plenty of fat on your face, I highly recommend the product. It really does what it says it will do. The applicators are FAR too large so it would be wasteful to use. I bought a tiny eyeliner brush specifically to make the most out of my pricey Latisse. If you only apply at night, a bottle will last you a good two months if you use a small applicator.

I'm using the Bimatoprost from All Day Chemist. I've been using it for 31 days, and the results are amazing. I've always had reasonably long lashes but lacked some fullness, and they were never as long or lush as I wanted. I usually use half-demi falsies for evening, just to make them pop.

But now? Ohhhh my gosh. I've changed mascaras because length is no longer an issue, so now I seek volume. But I can see that in addition to the mad length, I have new growth that is going to also make them fuller as they finish coming in. Already, I'm nearly at the point where I only need tint to make them stand out. And with a real high-impact lengthening mascara? Well that's just ridiculous now.

All in all, I couldn't be happier with the way this has worked for me. Some of my new lashes are coming in blonde or white, but who cares? They look fantastic!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

OMG --I'M 39 & I CAN SEE MY EYEBROWS FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE HIGH SCHOOL.

Seriously, I have nice enough lashes, but I have invisible, sparse brows that require dye and makeup to fill in the spaces. I've only been using this stuff 1 week! I'm using it on my lashes too, just to see how crazy they can get, and I am also seeing those thicken up since my hair grows very fast. I'm absolutely thrilled with the results in the brows, which is an off-label use, but a very effective use.

FTR: I will be buying Careprost in the future. I didn't do enough research beyond "it works" before jumping on the BOGO for Latisse. I got 4 bottles for $198 in April. Careprost sells for $10 @ one site, $14.90 @ another, and about $20.30 @ a 3rd site. All of these prices are much more reasonably priced than Latisse. There is no logical reason to need a brand new brush for every stroke if you are hygienic, and I spent 10+ years as an ABO NCLE Optician/Contact Lens Technician, so I am familiar with Lumigan, the original drops that Allergan marketed for years as a prescription treatment for Glaucoma. One of the known side effects was patients' eyelashes would grow. When Allergan's license ran out for their 10 year exclusivity on the formula, they got the FDA to approve it as Latisse for "hypotrichosis of the eyelashes"; in other words, they found a way to re-market the same drug with another 10 year exclusivity license. Since Lumigan can be made into a generic form, Careprost has simply done something... slippery. They are marketing the generic Glaucoma drops as off-label eyelash growth drops. It's a legitimate generic variety of the exact same formulation, just being sold for the 2nd FDA approved use.

If I had done a little more homework before buying Latisse, I would have just bought the generic instead. I could have gotten 12 bottles for $120! At least the generic will make the maintenance much easier. ;)

6.30.2011 ~ 8 week update: RE: my lashes--by the 4th week, I had a few weird lashes that were growing above the lash-line by approx. 1mm, & by "weird" I mean "extremely long, straight-as-a-board, pointing downward against the curl, and non-responsive to heated lash curlers." These lashes interfered with applying mascara or eyeliner, and they looked bizarre. I yanked those out with tweezers; in the last 8 weeks I have had to remove a total of 6 of these "weird" hairs--2 on my L eye, 4 on my R. Aside from the freaks, my lashes were starting to grow long enough to reach my brows by week 4. Now in week 8, ALL my lashes on the R are reaching into my brows (freakishly long--husband says they look "fake" when I wear mascara), & lashes on L are also reaching ridiculous lengths, but not evenly. L appears mangy compared to R. I can see new lashes growing on L under and within lash-line, & I am seeing the shorter lashes grow longer each day. I expect them to match R within a few weeks. Latisse is VERY clear that it takes 16 weeks for full effect, so I'm only halfway there. Because I use 4 drops a night (1 for each lash line & 1 for each brow) I have just opened my 3rd bottle a few days ago (1 bottle lasts exactly 4 weeks/30 days).

RE: Brows: They have grown in thicker and darker with time (baseline = invisible blond & sparse w/ missing sections), & they are becoming ridiculously long. I may need to trim them! I used to have about 3 or 4 hairs from arch to outer-eye portion of brows, now I have a fully connected brow, even with tweezing/shaping maintenance. Currently @ 8 weeks the brows are clearly strawberry blond & complete w/ some colorless-blond hairs mixed about.

My mother bought Careprost from All Day Chemist and a week later had to file a police report due to many fraudulent CC charges made immediately after purchase (I warned her about the fraud reports in MUA); beware of ADC for Careprost generic! I will be spending $14.90 per bottle with another Careprost supplier~will update w/ info on that transaction when it comes.