Latisse Lash Growth Drops

4.4

The active ingredient in LATISSE is bimatoprost 0.03%.
Approved Use: LATISSE® is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.

on 4/18/2011 5:32:00 PM

Latisse really works. Used it for 4 months every night and I had long, dark eyelashes that I wish I was born with. They were so long that they touched the inside of my sunglasses. Real proud of them! Unfortunately, it reverted back to my old lashes after a few months - a Cinderella sort of effect! Also experienced some darkness under my eyes, but not too bad - worth it for the results. Please make something that it is permanent!!

on 4/10/2011 9:47:00 AM

I started using Latisse last night. I had PTR Lashes to Die For, which I liked (for a week), but returned it. My lashes are 1/4 inch now. Immediately, I noticed a slight itching,but it quickly went away. No itching this morning. My allergies and the pollen count are wreaking havoc, so I can't tell if my eyes were slightly red from the Latisse or the pollen. I'm going to make this ongoing.

I apply it by placing one drop of Latisse onto the sterile cap, and using my sterilized Stimulash brush, (which is tiny, like Lashes to Die For), and dipping it into the drop. One drop was plenty for both eyes. :)

This will be the third night. I've found irritation, slightly, so I applied it last night around 7, and it dried for about 3 hours. I then felt irritation, around 1:00, got up, used Opcon A eye drops, and when I woke, my eyes looked great. No redness on the outside or inside. There maybe something to that, letting it completely dry, before laying down. I'll try it again tonight.

Began using a Sonia eye liner brush from Target. It takes one drop, no irritation...life is good.

04/15: I absolutely love Latisse. Not having a break between lash formulas, I already have curl to my lashes I never had, and it's only been a week. My eyelashes make me feel pretty. I've never felt pretty, but I do now. Thankyou, Latisse!

04/27: Wow, definite growth. So happy.

06/07: My lashes are long, and look almost like false eyelashes. no side effects!

on 4/4/2011 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Latisse is like MAGIC SUGAR FAIRY UNICORN CHOCOLATE LOVE.

I used the Jane Iredale stuff a few years ago, back when it had the same active ingredient as Latisse, and it worked well. I didn't feel like paying for Latisse, so I tried RevitaLash for a few months. It worked, too, though not as much. It seemed to condition my lashes which helped them grow.

I've been using Latisse for about 2.5 weeks, and my lashes are noticeably LONGER, and I can see they are getting thicker and darker at the base. I can't wait to see how they'll look in a few weeks. My SO even noticed how luscious my lashes look. He didn't use the word "luscious," but when he pointed at my eyes, grunted and said, "Cool," I totally knew that's what he meant.

The brushes that come with the kit are big, fat cheap ones—made from the same brush fibers as the brushes in kids' watercolor sets. Hard, plastic and not pliable. Yuck. Eww. And wasteful. One brush for each eye every night? That's crazy. The brushes also absorb SO MUCH product. I swear they do this sh** on purpose so we'll have to buy more sooner.

I bought an eyeliner brush at Sephora and I use that. I clean it with antibacterial soap every night. No problems.

I only need one drop for both eyes, and end up with a little left to put on the outer tail of my brows, which is thinner than I'd like. Those areas are starting to get little hairs now.

Now if I could only find the perfect soft, fluffy thickening mascara, my eyelash world would be complete.

EDIT: I stopped using this after a few months because my mom uses the same solution in drop form in one of her eyes for glaucoma. That eye looks much droopier than the other. I thought "maybe" this is just part of the glaucoma, still I got nervous. And TODAY (3/21/12) there are posts all over the boards about Latisse causing drooping and loss of facial fat!!!!! Aaaarrrgh! So scary. Dodged a bullet!!!

My mom got this for me as an early birthday present. I cannot imagine spending so much money on a monthly treatment, but it is exactly that...a treat! I've used it a week and the results are so shocking! My lashes already look twice their normal length, but they have also been very red and somewhat painful. I have not taken my contacts out in FOREVER so it could be a side effect of either or both! Regardless, this works like magic.

on 3/31/2011 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

THE GOOD: I'm on week 6 of my nightly Latisse regime and have already noticed significant lash growth. My eyelashes have become thicker and longer. I especially see growth on the inner lashes closest to my nose. I also have a few stragglers, one on each eye that are a millemeter or two longer than the other lashes. When I wear curl and wear mascara, my lashes feel like butterflies that flutter whenever I blink. My husband even commented that they look longer.

A single bottle of Latisse is supposed to last for 30 days. I have started using mine on February 15, and still have more than 1/2 the bottle. It comes with 60 (one for each eye) individually wrapped brushes as well. I tried using brushes, but they are extremely hard and not rigid. I opted to use a new Mac #208 angled brush for application. Use it sparingly, you just need one drop for each eye which is suffice. I'm sure I will get close to 90 days use with mine one bottle.

THE BAD: This stuff isn't cheap, I understand that when I stop using it, my beautiful, pretty long lashes will revert back to being the same old mediocre lashes I had, and that bites. I received my Latisse for free; I simply called a Dr. on the referral list in my area. I never saw the Dr., but the receptionist asked me a few questions, and said I could come in and get a full size sample, just for coming and and filling out a form with my contact information. I almost didn't beleive it, but I left the office with no official Dr. visit, after filling out a form with my name, address, age and email address, and sample (for 30 days) in hand. That is a little worrisome, that it would be handled out so easily. I have researched Latisse for over a year before trying it; however, it still would have been nice to see the Dr. I guess I saved myself the price of the vist, at the $110.00 the office charges for a box.

THE UGLY: Dark eye circles!!! I have noticed that I started to get dark under eye circles since using Latisse. I am African American, of a tan complexion, like Alicia Keys. Nowhere, through my research and warnings, did I see that Latisse could cause dark under eye circles. I didn't find this out until I had them, then started to actually google Latisse, dark eye circles to know that this happens to many Latisse users. I have started using cream for eye circles, then over that a vaseline barrier under my eyes at night. I have seen some noticeable improvement. I will continue using Latisse if I can combat those circles. I am going to try for another 2 weeks to see what happens since I have been working with the dark under eye circles for just over a week. At my age and with my complexion, having long eye lashes isn't worth the dark circles. All reports that I could find on the net show that with discontinuation of Latisse, the dark circles also disappear.

Latisse can also cause iris pigmentation (darker) and darkening of the eyelid, none of which happened to me. If you don't exhibit any of these symptons, I would reccommend you use it if you want lash growth.

I will follow up in a few weeks inform everyone of what happens with my dark under eye circle sauga.

on 3/22/2011 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm not going to weigh in on the issue of Latisse vs. generic. I have been using Latisse for almost a year, and I am delighted with the results, the lashes are definitely longer and slightly more voluminous. I do have a bit of darkening along the upper lash line but as I wear eye makeup on most days it does not bother me. I have not detected any change to the color of my iris. The brushes that come with this product are awful - I just put a drop in a contact lense case and dip a straight-edged eyeliner brush into it and a bottle will last months. Oddly, I do not really need to curl my eyelashes anymore, as they seem be growing in that way.

on 3/12/2011 10:04:00 PM

I am on week five of daily use and my lashes are improving daily. I saw regrowth at week 3.

I lost significant amounts of lashes on both lids due to ocular rosacea. This has grown them back where there were NO lashes left.

It was slightly irritating to my eyes at first, but that has gone away. It does not bother my lids (and they are very sensitive because of the rosacea) or change the color of my eyes or eyelids.

The packaging is wasteful and probably accounts in part for the high price.

I got mine at Target for $97, cheaper than Walgreens.

I am very pleased and will keep using.

on 3/9/2011 2:56:00 PM

BEWARE ALL DAY CHEMIST! Careprost/Latisse does work, it lengthened my stubby lashes beautifully and I had no reaction to it (discolorations etc). BUT unfortunately Alldaychemist has security problems and my card # was stolen and within an hour of placing my order there were several fraudulant charges. Thank god for fraud protection. DON"T BUY FROM ALLDAYCHEMIST.COM. Note about a month ago I had no problem ordering from them, got my order, no fraud.

on 3/6/2011 3:44:00 AM

I've been using Latisse for about 1mos now.

I found that my lashes have grown out a bit longer and I also got some new lashes growing in as well.

The results are more noticeable when I wear mascara. Also my lashes actually STAY CURLED now.

Before using Latisse my lashes were very straight and short (typical asian lashes).

I definitely will continue using this product to see how much longer my lashes will grow out.

I uploaded a picture on my profile page where you can see my results.

on 3/2/2011 11:11:00 AM

Hi

I have been using latisse for about 4 months. My eyelashes were so tiny before using - It has been great. The pain has been going to my doctors office for refills. I have learned that I can safely get Latisse online at a much better price at that.

latisse.bz