July 31, 2014 | 2067 users online

Lash Treatments - Latisse Lash Growth Drops

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2011 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Xi_Girl85

Today is week 10 of using this product. I am still on my first bottle and use an eyeliner brush rather than the brushes that come with the drops. The first month or so of using Latisse, I experienced quite a bit of lash fallout. It was so bad, in fact, that I considered stopping use entirely. Almost overnight, at about 6 weeks, I started noticing dramatic change in length. The growth continued rapidly for about a week then slowed down almost to a stop.I have yet to see any significant new growth after that little spurt and hope that this isn't as good as it gets! Don't get me wrong- my lashes nearly touch my brows, and they've maintained the length I gained in the little spurt, but I don't see much in the way of volume at all. Others have commented on my lashes and I've been asked a few times now if I'm wearing false eyelashes, so it could just be the fact that I don't notice the change as much since I'm the one scrutinizing them in the mirror every day.

I, like other reviewers, have experienced a lot of "renegade lashes" popping up as well. I have a few individual lashes that are crazy long, but they seem to grow in a different direction than others on my lashline and they're nearly impossible to curl. I've also had some stray lashes growing in the inner corner of my eyelid that needed to be plucked to prevent irritation. I don't see any discoloration and only experienced slight irritation during my first week of use. I already have my second bottle and will continue to repurchase so long as I can maintain results. I'll update again at week 16.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by bardsley

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

It just didn't work for me at all. I used up one bottle - no change at all. My dermatologist advised it might take longer to work, so I just finished my second bottle. I won't be buying any more - I have no improvement in my lashes. In fact I think they are worse than when I started since I now have a couple of gaps in my lash line that I never had before.

I know it works for some people. I have friends who've used it and grew lashes like Bambi. I've no idea why it doesn't work for me. I've also tried Rapidlash and that didn't work either.

I'll probably just try lash extensions.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2011 6:55:00 AM More reviews by angel290385

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Update: I am going to stop using this after over a year of use. My eyes have become red around the rim, bloodshot, my vision cloudy/ blurry at times and having read an article I believe this is down to this product. After not using it for a week my eyes are much better. Will be sad to see my eyelashes return to normal but my sight comes first. This review is for the 100% the same but cheaper product Careprost.
This really does work! After 12 weeks I had much longer lashes. My lashes have never been commented on - until I used this. There is a PROBLEM with it though. I found that it made my lashes somewhat wild - curly weirdly, not sitting right. Some of my upper lashes grew pointing downwards to the point that they were pretty straight and didnt curl. I even had an eyelash on the outer corner growing/pushing down and actually grew into my lower eyelid. I had to pull it out. This is my reason for giving it 3. If you have lovely curled lashes that are fairly short but perfectly formed I really wouldnt recommend this. My sister also used this (she did have nice lashes but not all that long) she gave up using it after the 12 weeks having also reported wild, out of control lashes. You also notice this on bottom lashes. Although I never applied it to lower lashes they didn't sit right and would cross over each other - like what happens when you sleep funny on your eyebrows. Im in week 30 or so of maintainence (ive lost count now). Last week I noticed that in one eye a section of lashes (about 5-6) FELL OUT pretty much all at the same time (over a couple of days). There were new ones growing through but they were less than half the size of the full length ones. This made my lashes look ridiculous. Thankfully my fringe falls on that side and i can cover it up to some extent.
After all this I'm torn. Sometimes my lashes look great after using this, other times they look ridiculous. I will continue to use for a while longer.
Maybe one of those heated stick curlers might help to force the lashes into place but my experience of them in the past is that they are rubbish.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sigh...this irritated my eyes so bad. Redness, slightly swollen, glossy/goopy eyes, reddish/brownish/purplish lids. I used this for 3 months or so. Though my eyelashes were getting long, the eye irritation made me look old and tired. Perhaps initially, I was using too much but even I used the very bare minimum, I still had the old/tired look. Took a few weeks for my lids to get back to normal but seems like they are still a bit darker than before.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by betsabe1617

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Latisse should make sure they mention in their ads they possibility of hyperpigmentation that can not only your upper lids but all around your eyes your lower eyelids can get purplish worsening that area making you look you havent slept in days. Now I hope it goes away. Also some people have reported pressure like headaches and this is never mentioned..go to essentialdayspa forum for more info. Also no one knows long term side effects of this drug for purely cosmetical purposes,,not worth the risk for me....its like steroids for you eye lids where it can migrate to your eyes..

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Taniaebj

I am on my third bottle of Latisse. I have naturally short and straight lashes. My bottom lashes are three little hairs by themselves. After about a month of using Latisse I began noticing a difference. My lashes grew a great deal for me, (I guess it's not in my DNA to have huge lashes), and I am happy enough. Anything is better than what I had before. Now, my eyes look sexy and all I need is an eyelash curler and no mascara. I will also stick with the Latisse, even though the generic is cheaper, but it is hard to come by without a prescription. Plus, I have a great doctor that offers a two for one one deal every three months, so I make sure I take advantage of that. And oh yeah, I have a little bit of darkness, but it just looks like smudged mascara, but it is minor. Overall, it makes me feel prettier!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 7:33:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased Latisse from the MediSpa that I have my Botox done at. It was $130.00 for one bottle, which is a one month supply.
I began to notice results after approximately two weeks of nightly use. I used the single-use disposable brushes that are included.
After one month my eyelashes were noticably longer, after two months of use I began to get compliments and comments on how long my lashes were.
At three months I switched to Careprost and have received similar results, at a cost of $10.00 per month. Careprost does not include single-use applicators, and I now use an eyeliner brush.
I would not purchase Latisse again since Careprost is available.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Latisse DOES NOT work for everyone... despite of what your dermatolgist may say in order to sell you this $150/month product.

I used it, as directed, with the applicators that came with it, every night, for three weeks straight..and I noticed that my eyelashes were getting very weak.. they were not exactly falling out but the roots were getting weaker in that they would point downwards and would be very easy to pull out (just touch and they would fall out). Needless to say, this thined out my lashline. It was especially bad on my right eye - in one spot in the middle they are almost gone (new ones are growing in but they are stubby of course).

At first I though this was just their natural eyelash 'shedding and growth' cycle so I kept on using Latissee.. My eyes got very irritated and I just wanted to rub them constantly, and I had to definitely stop with Latisse.

The eye irritation went away after a few days, however the thinned out, stubby eyelashes remain until they re-grow I hope.

I don't want to bash the product simply because it did not work for me (most likely I was allergic to something in it), however just be aware of this scenario as well.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by cjumper

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wrote before when trying out Lilash and Revitalash. I was using on one one eye and the other on the other. I came to the conclusion that Lilash was better because the eye I used it on had notably longer lashes. Well, after months of not using either so I could try Latisse, I found that the same eyelid that underperformed before has underperformed when using Latisse on both eyes. Both eyes are definitely improved, but the same one as before has noticable longer lashes. So much for scientific experimentation with a sample size of 1! Well, I tried. Now I've switched to Careprost from overseas because of the expense. We'll see...

By using a daintier eyeliner brush, I was able to extend the bottle of Latisse nearly 3 months instead of 1. The brushes that come with it waste a lot. I understand that it's more sanitary to use a different brush for each applcation to each eye, but the brushes were WAY to big and hard to direct. Expensive drops rolled off of them or, if absorbed by the brush, did not get back out. I was using extra just to get the big brushes wet enough. I tried trimming them for a while before I gave up and started using a regular washable eyeliner brush.

I can't see spending the money that Latisse (or even Lilash) costs if Careprost will work as well. Given that Careprost is the generic form of Latisse, I have high hopes.

I spent $10 per 3ml bottle of Careprost plus $15 shipping. So, that's $45 for 3 bottles (9 mos?) of the generic instead of $120 for maybe 3 mos of Latisse.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by trinityblade24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

*Sigh*...First and foremost, Latisse does work. My lashes are average length, thickness, and a soft black color. I got my prescription from my dermatologist, and I applied it once a day only to the upper lash line. I did not use the applicators, rather I put one drop in the cap and used a clean ultra-thin eyeliner brush to line both eyes (which makes one bottle last at least 2+months), as close to the root of the lash as possible. I did have a little irritation and redness of the eyeball, but it went away within the first 2 weeks. After a full solid 2 months of use, my lashes were long enough to hit my brows, the base hairs were thicker, and the hair color was deepening to a richer black...unfortunately, that was not the only thing that was darkening.

My eyelids also darkened...from my lashline to just under my browbone, the skin deepened in color, a brownish tinge (I'm NC35). Also, where I've been applying the Latisse, right at the root of the hairs, a line of purplish-red developed. I was aware that this could happen, I just didn't know to what extent. My goal of using this product was so that I didn't have to wear mascara...and I didn't have to, but in exchange I had to put on eye shadow and liner (which I do not wear on a daily basis) to camouflage the pigmentation. So I guess one effect cancelled out the other.

Needless to say, I have stopped using this product for 2 weeks now, and all ready my eyelids have almost returned to its pre-Latisse color (thank god!). My lashes are slowly going back to its original state as well. I will not bash this product...the side effects are clearly stated. For those people who don't experience them, I do envy you. And for those who can tolerate the side effects, I envy you too. But for me the risks out weigh the benefits.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No