October 1, 2014 | 1587 users online

BB Cream - Skin79 - Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP Gold

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by magicBUS

Oh, it's love. I can't really express my adoration. And, I honestly don't think I will ever go back to foundation.

Here are the reasons why I love this BB cream:

1. It looks and feels like skin.

~I hate using foundations primarily because they look so unnatural and seem to just sit on top of your skin. This looks like skin no matter how much you put on. It just melts into the skin and looks seamless. I also hate to feel makeup on my skin. This remarkably feels like nothing on my skin. Just soft and smooth.

2. It acts like an eraser for unevenness, discoloration, marks, and enlarged pores

~I have a fair amount of dark marks and little dots or enlarged pores from acne, especially on my checks and nose (also, blackheads). I refer to this as my magic eraser because when I put it on, it literally fills in all the cracks and smooths over the surface while brightening it. I have no idea how it does this and looks completely natural, but it does! It makes my skin look perfect. Also, I have used this on a good friend of mine who has moderately severe hormonal acne on her acne and lower cheeks. The change on her was dramatic. While nothing can take away those pimples, it did such a good job of blurring the redness and marks that she immediately ordered some for herself. She was so pleased and happy to see the improvement. It gave her so much more confidence. I've also turned on several other friends to this cream, and they all love it.

3. Because I've used it on different friends, I know it works for a decent amount of skin tones.
~While I don't know how it would work on someone darker than about an NC 30ish, I know for me (NC15) and darker skin friends in between, both in the NC and NW range, it worked well for them. It is especially good at canceling out redness for all you NWs out there who struggle with that.

4. It lasts all day, and touch ups (if needed) are a snap
While I find that my skin continues to look good hour after hour with this, if need be touch up is a snap because every layer tends to blend seamlessly, even if you are already wearing several.

5.It has SPF and is moisturizing without being greasy

6. It's pretty cheap
~I've been using it for almost two months now almost everyday and I have no indication that I am close to running out yet. I put it all over my face fairly generously too. For around 13 dollars on Amazon, it is basically drugstore prices for a product that out performs all foundation/tinted moisturizer product both drugstore and the highest of the high end.

7. It's Korean
~It's just exotic and fun to use a foreign beauty product, plus the packaging is super cute and hygienic. It looks good on my countertop.

One note on application: I found this works best (like all makeup really) when your skin is exfoliated and moisturized. Not greasy, though. Just not dry. This BB cream is quite moisturizing, though... but, my friend with oily skin can wear it, she just wears a mattfiying powder over it. I find that for acne it works well because it doesn't get stuck and dry on the rough patches from dried up pimples. Additionally, this works best to apply it generously with a patting/tapping motion into the skin. I find when I rub it in, it just doesn't cover as well.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by gmmace80

I bought the 4-tube sample pack from Amazon and the gold was my favorite of the four. I have fairly dry, super sensitive skin and I've had no issues with breakouts or any sensitivity reaction. The texture is kind of a cross between a cream and a gel, definitely thicker than most liquid foundations. I use a layer of this, finished with a light dusting of my Alima mineral foundation.

**Opening the bottle**
For anyone concerned about getting the container open, it's very easy. On the bottom of the container is a small hole, just insert a push pin or something similar into the hole and you can push out the inner container. From there you can easily unscrew the lid. I still have quite a bit left, but I've read some reviews that say the pump stops dispensing long before the container is empty, so I'm glad to know that it can be easily opened if needed.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by bert6889

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is my favorite BB cream that I have used thus far (so far I have used the skin79 sample pack – which included the VIP gold, Hot Pink, Oriental Perfect Cover and Diamond Perfect Cover – and also BRTC’s Gold Caviar). At this point I am planning on repurchasing this product. Though it does come out of the tube a little more grey it does oxidize and matches my skin colour (I am about an NW20 by MAC). This BB costs about $30 for a 40g bottle on their North American Website, and I feel like it is worth every penny. After using this stuff even the nicest foundations seem inadequate...
PROS
-Coverage is between full and medium
-The texture is somewhere between that of a primer and a tinted moisturizer and seems to be the perfect blend between the two so that coverage is easily buildable and blendable
-Acts as a primer, so I don’t feel like I need to apply more primer to my problem areas (my eyelids)
-I feel like the coverage and whitening effects of this product (at least for me) eliminate the need for me to wear concealer to cover my dark circles.
-This is by far my favorite point, I don’t feel like I am wearing makeup! In fact it doesn’t feel like I put anything on my skin. It is amazing walking around feeling bare skinned when you know you have makeup on. It feels like it absorbs into your skin (with no bad side effects to my skin) and wears all day long until you wash it off but leaves your skin with a lovely glowing appearance
-Wears well in all seasons from Winnipeg Summer to Winnipeg Winter (that is about +40 to -45 from the hottest day to the coldest)
-There is no strong odor to this product, maybe a light smell coming out of the tube which dissipates quickly
-Is very moisturizing on my skin (surprisingly just about as much as the Gold Caviar BB)
CONS
-It may be a little on the light side for summer use, which is ok, that is probably when I will order some Hot Pink super plus to use or mix. However, with the use of bronzer I could just as easily wear this during the summer so this is kind of a wishy-washy con.
-I used the sample container which lasted months and months surprisingly because it felt like there was hardly anything in there, but I have heard of problems with the standard sized container where the pump craps out on you while there is still tons of product left inside; though I have heard it is possible to dissect the container it’s kind of annoying that you should have to do this at all
OVERALL, I love this product, it matches me when I am at my lightest and comes very close when I am at my darkest. It keeps me moisturized during the terribly drying winter months on the prairies and stays on during the most hot and humid days of the summer. It doesn’t clog my pores but blends beautifully into my skin to where I feel like I am wearing nothing. Big, Big, Thumbs up from me!! If you are Very dry to Normal skin and a bit lighter NW/NC 20-30 I would highly recommend that you try this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Fiju

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Coverage: medium coverage; it can definitely be built up to cover more blemishes. It has a high SPF, so there is definitely a white glow to the face in pictures when this is worn. It doesn't feel too heavy on the skin and it doesn't cake on. A little product goes a long way.
Price: I ordered this off amazon for $12, so it was definitely worth it. For anything over 20 bucks, I would not deem it worthwhile.
*It claims to whiten the skin, which was not a priority for me, but this has not proven to be true.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A friend bought the pink version, but following the MUA reviews, I decided to get the gold one. My skin is oily/combination but i do live in Canada and my skin tends to get dryer with the cold weather. After moisturizing, I use the BB cream, then a concealer and a setting powder. The BB cream gives a very nice glow, and makes my complexion even. I still have to blot my T-zone after a few hours but EVERY product does that to me, so I'm not concerned about it. I took off a lippie because there is a slight greyish cast to it, so be careful and use a very small amount.
But overall, it is the best BB cream I've used. happy! =)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by fabulousgalz4ever

I actually like the gold label better than the pink label because it has a light peachy tint. There seems to be oil control even though it claims to be for normal/dry skin types. I have oily/combo. The pink label had a greyish pink tint which somewhat bothered me. The gold version seems to be a bit darker than the pink one. It had less coverage than the pink label, but it made my skin more natural. I recommend this gold label over the pink one!^^

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by mualizzing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the full size version of VIP Gold after trying it out in sample size against the Hot Pink BB cream by Skin79. Although the Gold is targeted at dry/normal skin, I've found it controls oil a lot better than the Hot Pink, which is targeted at oiler skin types.

I use this product after a light moisturiser and apply concealer/powder after. The cream has a medium coverage, evens out redness nicely and is a perfect match for my fair/medium skin. It makes my skin look bouncier and smoother in texture after application, and requires slightly less product than a normal foundation.

Unlike some other BB creams I've tried, I have had no problems with my skin reacting to it. I'd definitely purchase again. 5 stars!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by roar00

I like the concept behind BBcreams, but unfortunately, this product gave my sensitive skin horrible cystic acne. FYI: I tried this off and on for 2 years. Though I got to say I preferred using this product during the summer because it's light enough versus using it in the winter because the whitish overcast it gives my face, makes my face really pale.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by JenniferBridgette

I like this BB cream a lot. I have super sensitive and dry skin. My skin didn't react to it. It's moisturizing but doesn't leave me shiny, just a nice, subtle dewy glow. I also like how comfortable it is to wear, especially for the medium coverage. To me, it's weightless. My fair complexion needs the SPF and my age appreciates the skin benefits :) And like everyone else states it oxidizes and matches my skin tone perfectly. My only qualm is that I can't see how much product I've gone through (compared to a glass foundation bottle) but I'll just purchase another ahead of time to prevent running out. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by bornbackwards

This is my first BB cream and I really like it! Matches my skin nicely, doesn't give me dry patches, has SPF and ingredients to improve the skin, and doesn't seem to be breaking me out. Definitely will repurchase if it continues to work this well. I'm using it instead of foundation- hopefully I won't have to buy foundation again.