Skin79 Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP Gold

4.2

on 1/27/2013 9:46:00 AM

I did a lot of research before purchasing this bb cream including watching YouTube videos and reading reviews online, on amazon, and of course on makeup alley. I decided to try an Asian bb cream over an American based bb cream because there seemed to be more healthy skin benefits with Asian creams as compared to American creams. the price was also appealing because it wasn't the most expensive of creams and also not the cheapest. I wear foundation on a regular basis for work, but on the weekend I try not to wear makeup especially when I'm laying around the house. I was looking for something I can slap on quickly and didn't feel like I was wearing a mask all day but was still able to even out my skin tone. Overall I like this bb cream, but I'm still searching for a better one. It is much lighter coverage than a foundation. Meaning I can't get away with not wearing a concealer when wearing the bb cream whereas if I wear a fuller coverage foundation I can get away with not using concealer. The bb cream doesn't hide all the redness around my nose, chin, and forehead which I expected it to do. The consistency is thicker and smooths on like a moisturizer. There is a smell to it that takes awhile to dissipate when it's on your face. Overall I would recommend this to people who are looking for some health benefits for your skin, don't mind the lighter coverage or using a concealer with it, and are looking for a more natural looking makeup. I was also thinking of buying the pink label, but bought the gold one first because it was said to be more moisturizing for the winter.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Love this BB cream! It covers pretty well, but it is a little sheer. I didn't have any problems with it and I didn't break out. It is a little too pale for me, but a lot of BB creams are. I just use a little powder to bring some color back into my skin and/or use bronzer.

It is a little pricey, but I think it's worth it!

on 1/22/2013 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have tried the sister item of this product (Skin 79, Pink bottle)

The difference I have noticed in the product is.

Pink bottle
-Color is darker
-Better for summer
-Smell isn't as potent

Gold bottle
-Color is a tad bit lighter
-Awesome for dry harsh winters (I have VERY oily skin)
-Smell is very noticeable

Pros
-Light everyday makeup, results will give you a "au naturel" look, blush and contouring goes a long way
-Smooths out skin texture (my grandmother wore it once and she looked gorgeous)
-Cheap and affordable, buy the product off of ebay from Ruby ($20)
-It does help with redness and acne prone skin..ONLY up to a certain point

Cons
-Skin can adapt to the product, and cause severe breakouts
-The bottles aren't clear, can not detect when product is low
-Buying online = High chances of getting a fake product. (Strongly advise to purchase from Skin79's Website)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've only had this a week but so far i love it, right out of the box I loved it. I have used a few western BB creams the just didn't hold up to my expectations and through some searching it seemed asian BB creams were the way to go.

I took all reviews into consideration and I was most concerned about the color and the "gray" that people described. The color matched my skin almost perfectly and definitely blended easily. When I wore MAC I was shade NW25 but I also tanned back then and that foundation is too dark now. My guess Is I'm somewhere between and NW15-20, I most recently had been wearing Clinique Even Better in Ivory (also nice, but wish it had a higher spf).

I have combination skin with old acne spots on my chin, redness around my nose, large pores, and dark circles. This cream blends all of it. It does not cover completely but surprisingly, I don't mind. My skin looks very natural, not too shiny, not dull. I have worn it with and without powder and both wear well. I apply a light coat all over and then dab a little extra wherever I need it and proceed with my eye makeup and blush/bronzer. By the time I have finished it's all oxidized and lovely. I plan on buying some for my mom and my sister.

*EDIT* 3/14/13 I do like this but it seems to get greasy and melty throughout the course of the day. I blot after about 6 hours but it seems to remove all the product around my nose which is where I need it most, and it leaves creases in my laugh lines that make me look old. I'm trying to find a different way to use this since I do like it so much.

on 1/18/2013 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this bb cream since July of 2012... never have I ever found a product that looks FLAWLESS. I apply a primer first ( smashbox color correcting primer ) then i apply a dab of the bb cream to my hand and start to apply and blend. it looks flawless! it covers my acne scars and keeps my skin matte throughout the day.. never has caused me to break out. it is a bit pale but if i apply a blush or contour i look just fine. i just purchased the skin 79 concealer and can't wait to try it out. i am the coordinator at my spa ( skintique miami www.skintiquemiami.com ) and having good skin is a must...people seriously think i have flawless skin.. little do they know ;)

13 bucks on amazon and last of months!

on 1/16/2013 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Info: 22, ghost pale, oily and congested/acne prone skin that is prone to dry patches. I apply a topical retinoid/anti-bacterial (Ziana) every night which is helping to clear up my skin, but does make my skin sensitive to most everything. Makeup tends to look patchy in dry spots and non-existent in oily spots. I also have a fair amount of acne scarring on my forehead.

Before ordering I hemmed and hawed over which version to go with, Gold or Pink. Seeking out zillions of reviews, I figured that Gold would probably be a better suit due to the dry patches of skin I tend to have. I ordered this off of amazon but fearing a ripoff, I spent the extra money and bought it directly from the Skin 79 seller, so I know for sure it's the real deal.

Long story short: I'm in love.

I think the reason I'm obsessed with this is the reason why lots of people have a hard time with BB creams: the color. I have the skin tone of Casper, and finding a light enough color is often impossible; MAC's NW/NC15 are too dark for me. This color of this BB cream, however, is PERFECT. It has a slightly gray tint, but oxidizes and takes on my pinky skin tone.

I apply with my hands, letting the warmth let the product melt into my skin. I just put a light layer on first, probably only half a pump, and then go back and use it as a concealer. No, it's not full coverage, and no, it does not completely mask the spots, but it does conceal quite well. It makes my skin glow and look NATURALLY healthy, which is more than any foundation or tinted moisturizer has ever done for me.

As far as the skin care benefits, it's still early days and I can't tell if it has made a difference. As long as it's not breaking me out (which it hasn't), I'm a happy camper.

on 1/16/2013 11:25:00 AM

This is my go to bb cream. I hate foundation and can never find something that doesn't make me look cakey, dry, or feel super heavy. I tried a couple bb creams but I tried a sample of gold and really loved how perfect my complexion looked with it. I've had two bottles since then :). It also has even more benefits than a regular bb cream already does so it makes me feel less guilty that I have something on my face all day haha. What makes this my favourite is that it's moisturizing and gives a natural dewy finish. It doesn't look cakey and moisturizes any dry patches. It gives good coverage without you feeling it on your face and it looks good throughout the day. I've tried some others but found this the easiest to work with for optimal results!
It's only in one shade though but oxidizes to match a range..it hasn't made me break out, it probably made my skin better actually since I've had a lot of breakouts after trying out others. I also find that the fine lines on my face and complexion are better after wearing this and washing it off.
I'd pick this hands down over the pink skin79 and missha ! They're both very popular but the Missha isn't as moisturizing and the pink is just ok. With this I'm always getting compliments on my complexion and don't have to worry about it throughout the day.
I can find reliable sellers online for $12-20
The package is cute, easy, and hygienic, but the pump can stop working with product still inside. All you have to do though is push up on the nozel to remove the inner bottle and then twist off the top, then you can get every bit of it out! :) (instead of cutting it open like some YouTube videos have suggested...)
LOVE this BB cream, i'll probably stick with this for a long time!

on 1/15/2013 2:48:00 AM

I love this product. It went on super smoothly and was a great base. I used it as a light foundation, but it worked amazingly well to cover any redness or discoloration I appeared to have, it also concealed my under eye darkness completely. I had to set it with powder and I put a bit of primer under the BB cream, on my nose as it gets oily easily. (I have combination skin). This, so far, has been my favorite Korean BB Cream. I have tried and like Missha but it is much thicker. I have also tried Holika Holika peach BB Cream which I like too, but this is my favorite.

on 1/13/2013 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Oh, it's love. I can't really express my adoration. And, I honestly don't think I will ever go back to foundation.

Here are the reasons why I love this BB cream:

1. It looks and feels like skin.

~I hate using foundations primarily because they look so unnatural and seem to just sit on top of your skin. This looks like skin no matter how much you put on. It just melts into the skin and looks seamless. I also hate to feel makeup on my skin. This remarkably feels like nothing on my skin. Just soft and smooth.

2. It acts like an eraser for unevenness, discoloration, marks, and enlarged pores

~I have a fair amount of dark marks and little dots or enlarged pores from acne, especially on my checks and nose (also, blackheads). I refer to this as my magic eraser because when I put it on, it literally fills in all the cracks and smooths over the surface while brightening it. I have no idea how it does this and looks completely natural, but it does! It makes my skin look perfect. Also, I have used this on a good friend of mine who has moderately severe hormonal acne on her acne and lower cheeks. The change on her was dramatic. While nothing can take away those pimples, it did such a good job of blurring the redness and marks that she immediately ordered some for herself. She was so pleased and happy to see the improvement. It gave her so much more confidence. I've also turned on several other friends to this cream, and they all love it.

3. Because I've used it on different friends, I know it works for a decent amount of skin tones.
~While I don't know how it would work on someone darker than about an NC 30ish, I know for me (NC15) and darker skin friends in between, both in the NC and NW range, it worked well for them. It is especially good at canceling out redness for all you NWs out there who struggle with that.

4. It lasts all day, and touch ups (if needed) are a snap
While I find that my skin continues to look good hour after hour with this, if need be touch up is a snap because every layer tends to blend seamlessly, even if you are already wearing several.

5.It has SPF and is moisturizing without being greasy

6. It's pretty cheap
~I've been using it for almost two months now almost everyday and I have no indication that I am close to running out yet. I put it all over my face fairly generously too. For around 13 dollars on Amazon, it is basically drugstore prices for a product that out performs all foundation/tinted moisturizer product both drugstore and the highest of the high end.

7. It's Korean
~It's just exotic and fun to use a foreign beauty product, plus the packaging is super cute and hygienic. It looks good on my countertop.

One note on application: I found this works best (like all makeup really) when your skin is exfoliated and moisturized. Not greasy, though. Just not dry. This BB cream is quite moisturizing, though... but, my friend with oily skin can wear it, she just wears a mattfiying powder over it. I find that for acne it works well because it doesn't get stuck and dry on the rough patches from dried up pimples. Additionally, this works best to apply it generously with a patting/tapping motion into the skin. I find when I rub it in, it just doesn't cover as well.

on 1/13/2013 6:15:00 AM

I bought the 4-tube sample pack from Amazon and the gold was my favorite of the four. I have fairly dry, super sensitive skin and I've had no issues with breakouts or any sensitivity reaction. The texture is kind of a cross between a cream and a gel, definitely thicker than most liquid foundations. I use a layer of this, finished with a light dusting of my Alima mineral foundation.

**Opening the bottle**
For anyone concerned about getting the container open, it's very easy. On the bottom of the container is a small hole, just insert a push pin or something similar into the hole and you can push out the inner container. From there you can easily unscrew the lid. I still have quite a bit left, but I've read some reviews that say the pump stops dispensing long before the container is empty, so I'm glad to know that it can be easily opened if needed.