April 23, 2014 | 1889 users online

BB Cream - Skin79 - Super+ BB Cream Gold Label

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by papilloncrazy

I used to NOT wear foundation or sunblock or sunscreen cos everything from Simple to MAC to SK2 to Maybelline, you name it I might have tried it, for most of my life cos they kept giving me huge breakouts. Deep pimples! The recovery was so painful I decided to pit up with sun damage instead.

Then I read about BB creams and wondered if they could work for me before I turned into a giant wrinkled cautionary tale of sun damage, I was skeptical. I Went to the drugstores and stood there trying each and every one on my arm. Missha, skin79, dr jart, most of them left a grey cast on my skin with the exception of this gold line. Even the rest of skin79 creams seemed too heavy (and looked like pimple troublemakers to me). I hung around the store and waited for a little while cos I heard that it's supposed to oxidize and blend into the skin.

I was pretty amazed when it did disappear right into my skin. I've been using this particular one for a pretty long time now and it lasts through my work day and even when I go on hikes (I use it with bare minerals setting powder) and it doesn't melt on me or give me breakouts.

It was so good I went to Taiwan (skin79 only costs $16 there instead of the $33-36 here) and swept all the jars off a Cosmed store, several more at Mirada and hope they last me until my next Taiwan, HK haul!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

I was hopeful but this product gave me the a horrible breakout of cystic acne. The product looked grey on my skin too. Just a big disaster for me. (I tried the Pink as well and the same thing happened. Yes, I am that stupid.)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by sheepy888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Loved this product. I am not one to use foundation usually, but I got into BB creams really easily. I have tried this one and the hot pink. I found that the Gold label is almost a little more gel-like and more moisturising. It does go on quite light, but it does oxidize. I usually will put powder on top to set it and make the finish more matte.
My only problem with this product is the packaging. I like how it is in a pump format, but you actually waste quite a bit in the end because you cannot get it out. It took me a while, but you are able to open up the bottle. I noticed that it is pretty much all packaging save for a small cylinder of product. I just feel bad throwing out that much plastic afterwards. Oh well. Can't complain too much, since it did last me almost 6 months.
All in all, great bb cream. Finished one bottle and I have already bought another one :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by LeahBoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! This is my first BB cream and i decided to get this one because it is more moisturizing and its winter over here. My only issue is the lasting power...but i just set with powder and im good to go! It also glides right over pimples...but i just use some concealer treated with salicilyic acid for those! I like to just squeeze some on my clean fingertips and dot around face, then i just blend in and walla! Beautiful natural finish...this is especially good for undereye concealer, it doesnt flake or smudge because its so moisturizing :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by lachrymist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's very light while having decent coverage, AND you can layer it without cake-iness if you want more coverage. The color is very ashy but it will adjust to your skin tone making it seem like your real skin. Whenever I am wearing this people compliment my skin without realizing I have makeup on because it's so natural.
Some cons: Not transfer-free. Lasting power is only mediocre. Slightly emphasizes dryness. No cap for the pump (I had to tape all around it to make sure nothing would come out during travel). But overall, great product

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Nirvarna0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is an absolute godsend. I have major dryness issues in the winter and this is the only BB cream I have found that really moisturizes all day and is a great primer for mineral makeup. I have tried a few different Korean BBs and this is the best. As long as you have fair to medium skin, it really adjusts to your skin tone but it is very light coverage. I let it set for about 5 mins and wear Everyday Minerals over it for more coverage.
-GREAT PRIMER
-GREAT MOISTURIZER
-VERY LIGHT COVERAGE
-SPF

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by cagedpopmachine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Compared to the Hot Pink version the Gold is a bit thicker, and geared towards dry skin. Sometimes it seems a tiny bit darker than hot pink, but very similar color-wise. I feel like it looks more grey going on, but evens out to my skin just the same. Coverage--in warmer weather it seems like it has less coverage than the hot pink version, but now that it's colder it seems about the same or slightly better.
I've been using this on and off since june, along with the hot pink version for 8 months. I have combo skin, prone to being oily, breaking out and in cold weather, I get dry patches. The Gold version I can only wear in cooler weather, otherwise it's too heavy. Currently I'm getter better wear with the gold version, it's lasting a bit longer throughout the day and giving a little bit more coverage. I'd buy again for winter use. I'd recommend it for combo skin in the winter and dry skin year round.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by mariatrann

This bb cream worked so well on my skin compared to my skin79 hot pink super bb cream because the gold label was more suited for dry skin types! The bb cream is quite thick itself but when spread on the face with your fingers/foundation brush, it comes out smooth. A little also goes a long way! I found it to be my most moisturising bb cream that didn't give me any caking, cracked skin effect which I really hate! I only want to look for bb creams that have fairly good coverage while looking natural at the same time. I definitely recconmend this for dry skin types only :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Aw, shit. I really wanted to like this product. A beauty guru was raving about this like some mad woman, and I bought it thinking it was a steal: A foundation, serum, moisturizer AND spf all in one? Off course I'm gonna live it! And the packaging was so pretty and sturdy! But...

Meh. It broke me out and had a grayish tint to it that did not flatter my yellow to neutral based skin tone. I gave it to my mom, and she loves it. Seems like bb creams works out best for drier, older skin types. It did leave a nice finish and felt good and light on my skin, so it would have been a good base for me if it weren't for the fact that it irritated my skin. I'll go back to my pure mineral foundation, thank you very much.

OBS: This was the updated version though, I don't know if the original would have been better for my skin or not...

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by SignMeUp

I had to try this BB cream thingy, and I cannot for my life get it. This was my third brand to try, and the worst. I ordered the sample pack with four different Skin79 creams. This gold one was the best of them, but it went on so dry. Very hard to blend. It made my skin itch and after a couple of days using it, my skin broke out in burning little zits. Regular moisturizer with spf and a little bit of mineral makeup on top of that works much better than this BB cream stuff.