October 21, 2014 | 1280 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Perfect Topping (2009) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 12:45:00 PM More reviews by cyncord4

This is an amazing MSF. Not too glittery like others, but just perfect. I use this on top a favorite blush & it gives me a great peachy/plum glow. I really like it :) The consisitency I want to say is a little bit different then other MSFs. It seems like it's more velvety than other ones I have. I want to say this is why I like it so much :) Some of the other MAC MSFs are a little stiff & chalky, but this one doesn't have those qualities at all :) Love ♥

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

I must admit that I got "Perfect Topping" for its name and what it looks in the pan :P It looks sooo yummy and unique. The first one i got barely had any lavender in it, so i exchanged it for one with more lavender. I must say, even with a lot of lavender, its still too sheer to be used as a blush. SO i decided to use it as a highlighter only... which is still great. I have Petticoat and love it. I apply Perfect Topping on top of petticoat, and there, my favorite blush look!
    EDIT: I ended up returning this because I like Nars Albatross way more than this. Perfect Topping's sheen was making my pores look bigger =(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by hellolizzie3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favorite MSF. I don't use many of them because they tend to be chunky and the glitter can look cheap. This is smooth like lightscapade, but with more color. Just a soft glowy pink highlight. I can see wearing this as blush on a light makeup day, or as a highlighter along my cheekbone and temples on a more full face day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by nikkip25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

so i bought refined MSF yesterday and i loved that one so much, i wanted to check out perfect topping again!

the only con i have about these MSFs is that they vary, depending on what kind of "blend" you get. the one i swatched at nordstrom's looked warm but once on my face, looked kind of gray (probably because it had a lot of lavender veining.)

however, the one i bought today is a cute light pink. i am a big fan of MAC's MSFs and these are even better than the older one because of texture. i was gonna skip on this because i have petticoat but they are two totally different colors. i am very happy to have bought this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by ilovelauna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I added a picture up top, as you can see, mine does't have much lavendar at all. There's just the tiniest touch way off to the side. At first I was disappointed when I got it home because of this, but now I realize the lavendar wouldn't have been what I liked so much about this particular shade.

This is what I wanted Shimpagne and Soft & Gentle to be!! It gives me a soft beige glow. Redhead was frost overload on me, as were to the aforementioned, but Perfect Topping isn't glittery or frosty! I apply this to my cheekbones and up to just over the outer half of above my brows (think of a C shape) and it just lights me up.

The thing I'm not happy about is that MAC raised their prices on these yet again to $27. Sadly, that wouldn't deter me from purchasing this particular shade again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by zoeferret

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So prettty! It's head to head with NARS Albratross for my favorite highlighters. In the product itself is a beautiful swirl of pink, lavender, peach and gold. When you apply it it is a fine shimmery pearly pink. It really makes my face glow. I am a MAC NC35- for reference. I highly recommend this if you are looking for a highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by MakingFaces

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT!!! Gives you a great highlight without so much glitter!! I love all the MSFs but this is def one of my faves!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Mees

Beautiful highlight / blush. This MSF really brightens up your face. It has a really glamorous shimmer that makes your skin glow in a light peachy and natural way. It doesn't offer alot of shimmer which gives a natural glow (unless used with a heavy hand), a little goes a long way. Simply gooorgeous for someone who doesn't want much color on their face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by SMMY

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just picked this up today and I am absolutely in love with it. It reminds me of a pinker version of Lightscapade. Even though it is darker in the pot than Lightscapade, it is definitely a highlighter, not a blush. It does have a pearl finish, so there isn't the nasty glitter fallout that you get with some Msfs, just gorgeous pearly highlighting. I had the MAC MA apply both Refined and Perfect Topping on different sides of my face. I didn't like Refined's finish. It left that greasy oil slick on top of your skin look, that I hated with Shimpagne. Refined also made my pores look gianormous. Perfect Topping did not have the same effect, just a soft pearly finish.The Perfect Topping that I picked out also had enough separation between the color swirls that I could use the colors separately. I have the lavender color on as a brow highlighter right now and it is perfection. Perfect Topping was much softer and prettier a finish, so that one came home with me. It is definitely up there with my other fav. Msfs, Petticoat and Porcelain Pink. Very, very lovely.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Ruffage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Described as "pink/peach/lavender melange" on MAC, Perfect Topping is an MSF that deposits a nice pink glow on the person wearing it. On its own it can not be used as a blush as it is very light. It is best used as an all over powder or highlighter.

Compared to other MSFs it is quite different in texture as it is not glittery or shimmery, rather it is more of a powder (some might even think of it as "chalky") with a slight pearl sheen.

Color-wise it is similar to the two lighter stripes in Blonde MSF, although Blonde MSF provides even more of a sheen. Another dupicate is Laura Geller's Ethereal Rose, which I find almost exactly the same colour-wise compared to Perfect Topping MSF. The differences are that Ethereal Rose is a little more peachy (if you look really really hard) and that Ethereal Rose is more of a matte with fine shimmer and Perfect Topping is a powder with pearl finish. If you are using it as an all over powder though you can't really tell the difference.

All in all Perfect Topping in its container is extremely pleasing to the eye and not at all a bad product, but I won't be buying it again because it's just not that special.