Lancome Genifique

3.0

WATER, BIFIDA FERMENT LYSATE, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL DENAT., DIMETHICONE, HYDROXYETHYLPIPERAZINE ETHANE SULFONIC ACID, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ADENOSINE, FAEX EXTRACT/YEAST EXTRACT/EXTRAIT DE LEVURE, PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE, PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, SALICYLOYL PHYTOSPHINGOSINE, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE/AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE, LIMONENE, XANTHAN GUM, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, OCTYLDODECANOL, CITRONELLOL, FRAGRANCE

on 2/2/2012 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I never break out but after trying this (gwp) I broke out terribly.

on 1/29/2012 1:33:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

OMG I am in love.
This stuff is amazing. It makes my skin look and feel so smooth and soft!
Followed with Teint Idole Ultra and Effecernes concealer, My skin looks amazing!!!!
Its really expensive but it's worth its weight in gold. The day I stop buying this is the day I lose all hope lol
AMAZING

on 1/18/2012 9:02:00 AM

I have Asian, combination/dry skin with no wrinkles.
My skin has been more or less good from young
but started to look dull with bad complexion.
Then I got a 7 days sample first from my mother in law and tried it.
It was nice then, and I decided to change my whole skin rituals
to Lancome few months ago with all new products.

Really, the change is dramatic. Complexion wise, I literally glow.
People asked me what I have done to my face.
I use this with Visionnaire and other primordial range products
every morning and night. I don't think this change is
brought by genifique alone but all together efforts,
especially with visionnaire.

I cannot comment on pores or fine lines as yet since I don't have any
but complextion and general 'healthy look' of the skin, yes,
it made a hell lot of difference.

on 1/13/2012 4:37:00 PM

I was happy using this product. Ive moved on to EL Advance Night Repair for now, but I always keep a little bottle of this with me wherever I go...why, you ask? I kid you not IT HEALS COLD SORES!!!!! It has been a lifesaver for me. (i combine treatments of teabag compresses followed by salisilic acid cream, lysine and valtrex tablets and the genefique--put the genefique on about every 3 hours.) The Genifique made all the difference.

on 1/13/2012 2:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this for two weeks now; two times a day, morning and night. I use it together with the Genefique Repair Night Cream and for me... It works wonders on my face. I'm in my early thirties and started to notice some small lines and overall uneven complexion. (partially due to severe acne when I was younger) I bought it as a set: a full size serum, a trial size night cream and a trial size eye cream. In the morning, I dab the serum on my face, under my makeup, and I notice my skin looks a lot fresher during the day. At night I put on the serum and top it with the night cream; in the morning my skin feels soft and comfortable and looks even and healthy. In the morning I only have to use a little toner on a cotton pad, wipe my face with it and apply a few drops of Genefique serum and my face is ready for makeup. It's easy to dose (pump bottle) and the packaging looks luxe and sleek. My only two BUT:
* It doesn't have a SPF so you have to put on another layer of cream to have your SPF... I'm more about all-in-one.
* It is a bit runny and when you put in on your hand, it doesn't really look attractive to put it on your face. A sleeker feel would be nice. (a little more like Olay Regenerist, which feels more silky)

Overall... Expensive (maybe a bit too pricey?) but on the right type of skin it can really make a difference. Wouldn't advice it to those with very sensitive skin; it might be a little too much.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's true what everyone else here seems to say about this serum- it feels like you are applying plain old water to your face. It does absolutely nothing. This is the least remarkable item I have probably ever used on my face :/ I have had the best results with my trusty Dior One Essentiel.

on 1/9/2012 7:29:00 PM

My normal go to serum is Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair. Tried some large size samples of Genifique when it was launched in the UK. It wasn't bad, but it was nothing special. Couldn't see what the hype was about personally. It's a perfectly fine product, but I rated it lowly because it seems very overpriced. The product quality does not justify the price. I much prefer the Estee Lauder version, which is also quite a bit cheaper. However, my mother (mid fifties) much prefers Genifique and isn't wowed by the Estee Lauder serum. I would not buy Genifique myself. I would use it if I received a sample or it was a gift. I am usually fond of Lancome products, but to me Genifique was not amazing as it was made out to be. Maybe it has more of an effect on mature skins?

n.b. one of my lecturers in a lecture on clinical trials & statistics pointed out that the trials conducted for Genifique were too small to demonstrate a significant effect.

on 1/7/2012 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I was looking forward to liking the Genifique serum by Lancome so bad after trying out a sample given to me by a SA at the Lancome counter.
I'm not sure if it was on the second or third week of using the serum when my face started getting small rashes then the next thing I know this product aggravated my mild acne to something I couldn't not explain!!
I broke out so bad I had a pimple if I inhaled the wrong way.My forehead and my left cheek were the worst affected.All of a sudden I had a face of a 13 year old filled with pimples the only thing missing were the braces!!!
Multiple visits at a spa for facials improved the situation but I have been left with acne scarring.
I will stick to the Lancome Fragrances and not touch anything else with them.

on 12/23/2011 3:34:00 PM

I'm disappointed I get better results from Olay Regenerist Serum, Mayumi Squalane Oil and from Biore Serum. Ive been using Genifique for a few weeks with no results :(. This is way too much money to spend for nothing.

on 12/22/2011 6:54:00 PM

Bought the serum. I am 49 with some sun damage and will break out. I noticed a difference after two applications. My skin is smoother and I look younger. I have bought many different things, nothing worked as well. Loreal serum was second. Small wrinkles under my eyes are greatly reduced. LOVE it!

Popular Treatments (Face)