September 30, 2014 | 1165 users online

Self Tanners - Jergens - Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer-Medium Tan

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I got this in medium to tan. I agree with everyone...this is THE BEST self tanner I've ever used (previous favorites included Ocean Potion, L'Oreal Sublime, and Sally Hansen). The pump is a pain. I can only get one "puff" the size of a cotton ball out in one hard press of the pump, but the amazing thing is thats all I need for one entire arm, thigh, chest/abdomen...a little goes a llloooonnnnggg way. It dries pretty fast, but you have plenty of time to rub it in, and its very light and fluffy so it spreads easily. Its a little sticky at the end, but that goes away within 2 minutes and its completely dry. I put a light layer of my usual body cream over it 'cuz I can't really see where I've rubbed it in, so I want to make sure its spread around, but I really don't think I need it. There is not one streak or blotch ever. Its smooth color like I've never experienced with a self-tanner. Totally even, natural looking, and non-orange. Very bronzy and brown. After just 2 uses my skin had such great color! I also use it on my face and neck before anything else, and it gives the same great touch of color without any side effects at all. The scent is very mild for a self-tanner and disappears on contact. Once I got my color where I wanted it (3 uses), I thought I'd skip a day, but then got lazy and waited 4 days and I still had great, even color. I'm so happy!!

INGREDIENTS: Water, Glycerin, Isobutane, Butylene Glycol, Propane, Polysorbate 20, Laureth 3, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Ceteareth 25, Polyquaternium 4, Cetrimonium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Citrate, Fragrance, Erythrulose, Dihydroxyacetone

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 12:02:00 AM More reviews by tennis4life

Best self tanner I've ever used! I love it because it stays true to it's promise of NO STREAKS!!! I've previously used a few other Jergens lotions, Olay, Ocean Potion (a close second) and Banana Boat and they have all left me with dark, blotchy,uneven patches that took forever to go away even with exfoliation. Not this self-tanner! I apply it after my shower using gloves and make sure to rub in really well. The application process takes about 5-10 minutes. It does dry fast, faster than any other ST that I've used. Yes, it still does smell but NO WHERE near as bad as other self tanners. DHA always smells sweaty to me, but this one had a slight** after smell (still a little sweaty) that was very tolerable. It is so easy to apply because you can see exactly where you put the product and doesn't look terrible on knees, elbows, ankles and feet (if you have used ST before, you know how hard those areas are to get covered correctly). It IS gradual--I've only used it a couple of times and it takes time to notice a difference but I don't doubt that after a week I will be much darker and tan =) . Such a good alternative to real tanning because it does not produce orange color but instead bronze and brown. I love the glow I get from this! The pump could work a little better because I have to press really hard to get the product out but I really can't complain. I think* this will last me longer than the lotions because it foams and I think it's a better value. Jergens definitely hit the mark with this! I think its a revolutionary product and am going to apply some right now!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by beckhamlvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gives a great natural looking color and very even. No streaks. Other reviewers say there's no smell but I don't agree. The smell isn't as strong as other self tanners, and when I first applied it there was no smell, however I put it on before bed last night and in the morning, I definitely noticed a self tanner smell. Not as strong as most though. And the smell went away after I showered.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by emmy15

I've FINALLY decided to give up tanning beds (I know, its about time) and found the answer to cure my pale skin. I'm on day 3 of using this stuff and I am becoming a HUGE fan. Its streakfree, odorless, dries instantly, and a little goes a long way. I can't tell how long one bottle is going to last me but I'm predicting 3-4 weeks. Its cheaper than a spray tan, lasts longer, and it doesn't smell. Highly recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by FitzieG

I've tried just about ALL of the Jergens Self-Tanning products and I must say, this is truly the best of them all.

The Natural Glow Lotion is too stinky... the Express Tan is too orange and not spreadable at all, but this foam is just right. Plus, no streaks and it dries quickly so you don't have to stand around nekkid, waiting!

I really like how the foam is basically idiot-proof. And I'm also a fan of how quick it got me glowing! I'm only on my second day and I can definately notice the difference.

I'll give an update later... but so far, all is well in self-tanning land.

For 8 bucks a pop, it's not a bad buy if you don't have the 30 stones to shell out for a spray tan! I highly recommend!

P.S. The only problem I had was the same as another reviewer... you have to be very careful not to pump too much out at a time. One little pump can pretty much cover one entire leg!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by lanikai42

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

From a Self-Tanning Diva, this product is awesome. Great color, no smell, dries fast. I have used it all over my body and face both morning and night. My coworkers can't believe how tan I am!! No breakouts from using it on my face, either. One application gives you decent color, after 3 applications you look as though you've been on vacation. Gotta go buy a new can tomorrow, it lasted me about four weeks.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by nutterbutterstar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried the Jergens NG lotion when it first came out. I absolutely hated the smell as well as waiting for the lotion to dry and then feeling sticky. This new foam just came out, and I figured why not try it. I much prefer foams to lotions since they dry fast and don't leave a sticky film. However, regular self tan foams always look unnatural and orangey on me. I was excited to see a gradual self tan foam like this.

I tried it, and I love it! It dries quickly, and there is barely any scent that I can detect. Usually, that horrible smell shows up after you apply, but I smelled hardly any with this stuff-barely noticeable! The amount you get is small (5 oz), and for around $8 it's a bit pricey. However, you only need a small amount! Don't overdue it or you'll be struggling to rub it all in over your entire body before it dries. Also, it actually does moisturize. Usually my skin will feel itchy and tight if I don't use a moisturizer, but my skin was soft and smooth when I woke up. I haven't noticed any streaking. The only downside is that it takes some effort to get the foam out - I'd rather it was a pump.

Update: After using this twice I am noticeably darker. I look naturally tan, no orange-ness at all! There's no streaking either. Love this stuff!

Update: I used this for a week, and a natural-looking dark tan developed evenly. It lasted after I stopped using as well!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No