December 19, 2014 | 825 users online

Lip Treatments - Palmer's - Cocoa Butter Stick

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by LZK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am LOVING this as a daily lip balm/stick!!! Switched from Kiehl's $10 lip balm which just felt like glorified vaseline that masked the problem and didn't treat it (no idea why i kept buying it!).

I have very dry lips that peel everyday, its quite frustrating since I'm really getting into lipsticks now. While this is no overnight miracle, it has really been helping as oppose dto just hiding the problem. I think that this in combination with exfoliation and treating the lips with an oil (such as vitamin E or castor oil overnight) will really help the overall condition of my lips.

I recommend this over any chapstick, blistex, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 4:15:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp_0507

I really really like this cocoa stick. It's multi-purpose and so convenient to use. Also very sanitary cause it's in a stick form. I use this as a moisturizer sometimes on my under eyes and always use it on my lips. This really helps my dry chapped lips and I've had this stick for awhile since it's pretty big so it'll last me a long time before I have to buy another one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by onethousandcurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Price: This huge tube cost me about $2.50 at Wal-Mart, and the size makes this an absolute STEAL.

Convenience: I went to Target, CVS, Walgreens, and Wal-Mart before I finally found it. The first three stores carry Palmer's products, but apparently not the stick in my area. I wish it was at the Target near my house, but the Wal-Mart isn't far.

Packaging: I am a loyal fan of balms in stick form. I refuse to even try pots or tins because they are inconvenient, unsanitary, and a pain in the BUTT. The stick swivels up and down just fine. The size is large - not pocket size in my opinion, but I carry a purse or at least have large pockets (winter coat). If it came in smaller size, I'd go with that (are you listening Palmer's?).

As a lip balm: Goes on smooth, does not form that white line of gunk just inside the lip, doesn't cause a whitish film on the lips, feels smooth without being waxy or worse, thin and oily. Very soothing. Imparts a subtle sheen, but not glossy, and it decreases as it sinks in. Leaves very soft lips, and I am picky about balms in this department. If I don't wear it for a few hours, I'm not left with dried out parched lips. It doesn't cause dependence.

Other uses: The minute I opened this, I scratched my thumb with a fingernail (2 inch welt), and I could see it already rising into a big red raised line. Well, I ran the stick down the line, and now 4 hours later I have no trace of the scratch (you know it would have taken a couple days to go away, too). The pain was gone almost immediately.

Other: The smell is absolutely DIVINE. I uncap it just to smell it. It smells like cocoa (duh). It is heaven for the olfactory system. And, possibly one of my biggest turn-ons: NO TASTE! No chemicalls, and THANK GOD no fake flavoring!! I'm not grossed out if I happen to lick my lips or eat something that gets the balm on it.

I'll be repurchasing, especially if this develops into a multi-purpose product.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lip balm is amazing ~ it glides right on your lips and makes them so smooth! I bought three tubes for $2.00 at Big Lots, so it was a great deal. I like that it's an over sized tube ~ not sure why it's called a "Swivel Stick". I will keep one in my desk drawer, one in my purse and one on my nightstand. This has become a new staple in my beauty regime. Love this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by rxb95376

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this 2 months ago because my lips were severly dry, chapped, cracked because of a windy day so I bought this to soothe my lips and seriously the next day the cracking was gone, the dry flakes were easily sloughed off! I love the non-taste scent! My husband calls it the kit-kat stuff since he smells cocoa, I think it smells more like twix! But nevertheless, I keep this in my purse at all times I catch myself swiping more and more on minutes after applying haha! Such an addict! I bough an extra stick to sooth my eyebrows after being shaped, and it causes no break outs like baby oil does, but promotes healing faster. My lips have never felt so much softer and moisturized! Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 11:21:00 AM More reviews by idontwanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh man, this is the best lip balm in the world. I have previously sworn by Kiehls Original Formula, Karite' Shea Butter, Smith's Rosebud Salve and Mad Gab's (this one is as good but more expensive and you have to use your finger- ew). It is cheap, the container and size make it simple to apply, it leaves a thin moisturizing layer that won't mess up your lipstick. I never used to use a balm under ls or gloss because they would slide off or make that nasty line of goo where your lips touch. This product actually prevents this problem. Some balms make my lips peel like crazy and this prevents that as well. The ingredients are natural, it smells like cocoa yet has no taste. (yay!) The amount you get lasts forever. It can be found at any drug store. I used to make my own balm of cocoa butter for me and my bike messenger friends and this is just like it! The multiple uses are a plus. You can use it on your hair, hands, elbows... anywhere you need moisture. Throw it in your makeup stash and you are good to go! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Leslies18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely obsessed with this! Started using it on my lips and I LOVE the smell and how it feels. Also love that it is oversized. I love cocoa butter and I am too excited I can use it on my lips now too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by lucy1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have some dark spots and i got this to see if it worked to fade them away. i also added this to some blemishes i had. it kept breaking me out where i applied this on my face. i use it now only on my legs and arms, anywhere i might have dry spots. good as chapstick too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 6:33:00 AM More reviews by sfreeman87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great stuff--I like to throw in my purse or knapsack for my dry lips, and for when I just need an emollient to stop my from scratching my dry skin during the winter months. Really love this stuff! Well worth the price.
Also really great for when you are flying because it's a multi-use product--and you can justify putting it into the zip-lock bag with your carry-on items.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by sg00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only thing I use to moisturize my lips now, and it works! Almost every lip moisturizer/chapstick/lipgloss tends to migrate and accumulate on the two ends of my mouth as weird goo stuff... and only this one stays put and does what it's supposed to do: keeping my lips supple. A trick is to seal with Vaseline afterwards!