September 23, 2014 | 1991 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20 (2009 formulation)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by IvyGuppy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm really liking this foundation! I purchased a 1 fl. oz. bottle from CVS for around $14 but with CVS bucks I was able to get it for less than $5. Good deal.

Neutrogena recommends the Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup foundation for people with either Dry skin or Normal skin on their website. They don't recommend it for Combination skin, Oily skin, Sensitive skin or skin prone to breakouts. I have dry skin and I find that this foundation gives me medium but buildable coverage, isn't cakey, and gives my skin a dewy finish. The foundation also contains SPF 20. While I wouldn't call this foundation heavy, it's not exactly light in texture either and I feel it's moisturizing enough for my dry skin. The only bad thing is that the foundation doesn't come with a pump.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by lolliplop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I really dislike this product, which is weird because i generally like neutrogena. this foundation is very annoying because if you tip it over to get a little bit out, a ton spills out. after a few days of wearing this, my skin became very dry. i have tried using it again but the same thing keeps happening. i'm just going to throw it away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by vwzen81

I love the way this foundation applies because it blends so effortlessly and even though itís thin and runny it has decent coverage. I found the shade selection to be great and I was able to find a color that matches my very fair complexion perfectly. However, after about 3 hours of wear my face gets really oily and I end up with blotches of foundation that has pooled around the oily spots. It also tends to pool in the pores on my nose and it looks like I have polka dots painted on my nose! I donít have excessively oily skin and I set this foundation with an oil control powder, so I donít know whatís in this foundation thatís making me so oily. The fact that itís still cold outside and Iím getting oily makes me wonder how bad this foundation would be in the summerÖ.yuck! So, this foundation is going back to the store and I might try out the Hard Candy tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by lookn4smitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only foundation that I've used over and over again. Normally I buy foundation and then stop using it because they're so disappointing. Mostly because I have a hard time finding the right shade for me. I wear this foundation in the color "Buff" and it's great. It doesn't make me look orangey or pink or weird. AND I love the way my skin feels after I take it off. With other foundations my skin looks like its begging me to stop using it. I start to break out, which is crazy because my skin isn't prone to acne. I rarely get zits or blemishes. My face actually feels refreshed after wearing this. However, there are two things I don't like about it. One is the bottle. It needs to be revamped or something. They could put a pump on it or maybe they could change it to a squeeze upside down lotion-esque tube. Almay bottles some of its foundations like that. I just feel like I'm wasting a lot of product because I either pour too much out or I can't get it all out of the bottle when it's almost empty. The other thing I don't like is the shininess. I have oily skin and I don't mind having to periodically powder my t-zone throughout the day but it would be great if they just came out with a mattifying version of this. I know there are lots of people that would steer clear of this because they have oily skin but, as I said before, this is the only foundation I've found that won't make my skin break out. I'll take the slight shine and crappy bottle over zits induced by foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by sarahhoney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not a fan of liquid foundations, but this is the one of the best foundations I've used. It does feel a little cakey to me, but that's probably because I like very light face makeup, and all liquid foundations feel that way to me. It seems to keep my skin healthy, and it's not too much or not enough coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by butt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this! Yes, it is a moisturizing formula with light coverage. But when I wear it, I hardly need under-eye concealer, and I suffer from young circles (so not horrible, but bad for someone my age). My skin is also kind of dry, so I don't mind any sort of "oiliness". What I like is that I don't get that bad flaky stuff around my mouth. They should label this as a dry skin formula though...it's really not good for oily skin. But I love how soft it makes my skin feel!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by kyazmin43

At first it was great but the next times i put it on it made my skin look Really oily. i have oily skin and this did not work for me so well i think this is for dry skin or something
but i Love the Rest of Neutrogena Products :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by dawnwfoster

this foundation caught my eye because of the SPF 20. I have sensitive skin and anything other than titanium dioxide as a sunscreen makes me itch/burn. The first color I purchased (60) was too light so I returned it. The next color down, 70, is the perfect color for me right now. In the morning I wear moisturizer (vanicream) and use a synthetic foundation brush to apply this foundation. The liquid consistency is "runny," so it should probably come in a pump, but I don't mind tipping the jar and pouring some liquid onto the brush or the back of my hand. The coverage is pretty good, around medium coverage in my opinion. I don't think this foundation provides a full coverage. I have normal skin during the winter and oily skin during the summer (I live in a warm humid climate). Right now it is between seasons and I do not need to powder the foundation to set it. The first few days I wore it, I used clinique setting powder and it made my face look dry and feel tight. perhaps during the summer i will need to powder it. The finish (without powder) is quite natural -- not too dewy or wet. i have not had any skin irrations from this foundation. i have only been using it for a couple weeks. if it does not cause breakouts within the next two weeks, i will continue using it and this will replace my L'Oreal foundation which only has SPF 15.

UPDATE:
made me break out. will never use this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation for my oily acne prone skin. Coverage is medium but buildable. Goes on very smoothly. Makes my skin feel very soft. For a ds foundation this is really nice. Dont like the fact that there isnt a pump and i hate wasting product i like this tho, so i will repurchase. Good color selection also i am nc30 in mac and my color is 60 natural beige. Love the dewey look this provides without the oilies that follow other dewey foundations, and the fact it has spf 20 makes it even more attractive.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by mrsangelrr

I love this product! I am using the nude color and I will purchase it again. I also love the Revlon Colorstay liquid foundations.