October 25, 2014 | 1447 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by cocoisadarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this lipstick. It's literally my staple piece of makeup. Vibrant and bold but classic. When I decided I needed a matte red lipstick to live in I initially went to MAC for their Ruby Woo but found it much too dry. Eventually stumbled upon this thank goodness because it is perfection. Matte but not dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by suusuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this color but it just didn't suit me. With my black hair and pale skin I looked like a vampire

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by thebiochemistGF

The jury is out as to whether this is being discontinued or not. I've seen it missing in some displays (no slot at all in the lineup). However, my Rite Aid recently redid their whole Revlon display and the slot is back.

I'm an Asian nc35 and I love this lipstick. I can't really add much to the reviews, but I can add a suggestion:

If you are having trouble finding it, try looking for stores with the older Revlon displays. they will usually still have the slot for the lipstick, and probably still have it in stock.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by foppery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If I had to choose a red lipstick to marry and have babies with, it would be Really Red. It's a neutral red, suited to both warm and cool complexions (mine is on the cool side of neutral). It's matte without being drying, though I'd recommend a touch of lip balm beneath it. This is the only red lipstick I own, because I see no reason to look for another. Isn't that the definition of true love?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by merenguehips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Another excellent product, buying backups, worthy of the hype, perfect red, excellent formula, ridiculously good price. Buy it before it's gone...hopefully they'll keep the matte line alive.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by ICantGoForThatNoCanDo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've never worn red lipstick before. I went to MAC and was debating between Ruby Woo and Russian Red. I couldn't make up my mind, so I held off. I bought Revlon's Really Red after reading reviews on here and i'm so glad I did. It was only $5 and I think the formula is superior to the ones at MAC. The Revlon formula is just a hair creamier, so it applies much more smoothly than the MAC ones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This one arrived in the mail today. I put it on, went "Whoa, that's bright!" then went about my business about the house for a while, forgetting all about it. Well, bright red lips have a way of surprising you if you catch yourself in the mirror two hours later. But the finish still looks fresh. Nice shade of red, too - and I will definitely be checking out the other shades of this line as well. I feel so pretty! If you'd like a visual, the photo I just took of it is in my profile pics.

Other reviewers mention having exfoliated lips for application of this lipstick, and I would agree with that. But no lip balm on bottom for me, as I feel this would render this more of a Persian red - that's been my experience with red lipsticks anyway.

I usually like more of a candy apple to fire engine red (think OPI Big Apple Red), and I'd place the Really Red as almost a rufous. So if you're looking for something a smidgen deeper than a true red without going all-out vamp, Really Red is your play.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 7:51:00 AM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This lipstick is inexpensive, it's creamy, it goes on matte, it doesn't bleed and it stays put for 4 hours if you don't eat. I'd describe the colour as a very opaque neutral-to-warm red with no shine but it's not one of those matte lipsticks that dries out your lips.
I usually do two coats of the lipsticks (blotting between first and second application) and then top up with a dab of Chanel Extrait gloss in Exces just on the centre of the lips to sharpen the pout. The combination looks very gorgeous on my tan skin (I match NC 40 in MAC) and I always get compliments when I wear it. For my skin colour, this works as a a classy evening-night red (No one is likely to come asking me what I charge by the hour!).
I don' think I'd be able to pull it off in the day without drawing too much attention. But perhaps if I skipped the gloss, and used just one coat of the Really Red, I'd be able to wear it in the day.
Revlon has made such a pretty red with this one, and so cheap. I'd recommend it for women who are trying to figure out whether this works for them. If it doesn't, you won't have lost much, and the colour can still be worn sheer, perhaps with a bit of colourless gloss.
+EDIT: I just realised that if I apply a light coat of colour and top it up with opaque nude gloss, I get a shiny coral lip colour.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Aurora901

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This colour has been raved about to the extreme. So raved about that even me a red-avoider purchased it because it was supposedly a dupe of Ruby Woo. Now for those who don't know - Ruby Woo is a shade that has been herald to suit all skin tones. Naturally I thought I would try the dupe to see whether or not I would find the perfect red (something a girl may dream about I guess). Alas, my search went on after this lipstick.

Really Red is Matte. Its also not too drying. The colour is very vibrant. On me it looks like a spicy orangey hot chilli shade. This was not what I was expecting. In fact it was suggested (by my mother) that it made me - a bit dull looking (... hmm). However, my lips by themselves looked great, they were making statements all of their own.

BUT - even though this shade did not (supposedly) work for the rest of my face- I fixed it by applying dark lip liner and gloss (and blending) to give me a more enlivened look. This lipstick is not for the faint hearted. I love it for its wow factor despite its somewhat ill suiting to my skin tone.

When I put the lipstick on, I always seem to smile. For that I give it 4 stars !! 1 taken off because its a shade I have to work with and I'm kind of a swipe on and out the door kind of girl. I would say to try it and if it doesn't suit you, well you can work with it and if you hate it, well umm give it away, I'm sure many people would love this as a freebie.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Bexicle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best drugstore matte red lipstick without a doubt. The red is blue-based and has no hues of orange/pink/brown. The lipstick goes on very smoothly and creamily, no sparkle or gloss. The lipstick colour could suit anyone, it is that non-offensive. My only gripe is the lipstick doesn't last more than 1-2 hours for me, if I've been drinking or talking etc. It bleeds like crazy, but aficianados of lip pencils will get that sorted. Price - in the UK it is the equivilant of $17~ but then again it is a great product - with no other competitors in drug stores. Will repurchase.