Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Synthetic Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (VEGAN)

on 6/18/2011 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you're thinking of getting this instead of the original UDPP, don't! Sin is a lovely color and it looks great when you swatch it, but when applied to my eyes I find it has a sticky texture and doesn't blend well. It's a hassle to apply-- sometimes you get too much with the applicator, other times not enough. On top of that, this primer will make ANY eyeshadow appear shimmery and won't make your colors "pop". It didn't crease that much on me, though.

Suggestions: Benefit's Birthday Suit is AMAZING and practically the same color. NYX jumbo eye pencils are also a cheaper alternative

on 6/10/2011 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've not the tried the others in the series but this stuff rocks. It's the only thing that has worked for me . While I have normal to combination skin I've always had dewy lids and my makeup would hardly last half a day. Not a problem with this baby. Creates a lovely base for eye shadow to adhere well and lasts for long hours. I have darker lids too so this champagne shimmer does well to brighten it up - I can use it on it's own. The only thing I don't like about it is seeing how messy my wand can be when I unscrew the top but that's hardly a deal breaker, just a me being picky. I now want to try Eden and Greed, for variety. Can't wait!

on 6/6/2011 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my favorite primer potion. It works as good as the regular and I love the color and a little frost to it. I have even worn it alone before when I was in a hurry.

on 6/3/2011 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my first UD primer potion, Sin is a sheer champagne color that can be used as an everyday wash of color, or a base for other eyeshadows. I have to say that this is a very good primer but sometimes I feel the shimmer can get all over the place and make my makeup look sloppy. Oh, and FYI, DO NOT GET THE BOTTLE FORM! GET THE SQUEEZABLE TUBE FORM! In the bottle form it's hard to get every last bit of product, so you have to cut it open and scoop the rest out. Overall, great primer but next time, I think i'll just get the original formula.

on 5/21/2011 10:52:00 AM

This stuff is my new hero! I have combination/oily skin and since I started my new job (lots of running around) I've had a HUGE problem with creasing and my makeup not lasting the whole day so I read reviews on this and decided to give it a shot. Love it!

It's got a very good price on it and glides on smooth, unlike the one by MAC. I love the Sin color too, such a pretty color. The very first day I wore dark makeup to give it a good crease test and after 12 hours at work my makeup didn't crease AT ALL and only faded slightly. Like I said, this stuff is my new hero :)

on 5/14/2011 2:48:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love the Sin primer potion, but only as an eyeshadow instead of a primer/base. I feel that this is too thick to use as a primer, but it is shimmery enough to use a light eyeshadow.

on 5/11/2011 1:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the only eyeshadow primer I use. Its great! Goes on smooth, gives the right amount of shimmer with a light, barely there pigment. It does not crease and lasts all day. I have been through many tubes of this stuff and each tube lasts a few months so although its expensive, its worth every penny for the results you get!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have a little sample size that I like and occasionally use when I use more natural shades of eyeshadow, but otherwise I don't really like using this. I find it a bit sticky, but it does its job alright.

on 4/16/2011 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is great! I have really oily skin, and this keeps my shadow on allll day. It is shimmery, so I use it all over my lid and up to my brow so I don't have to use a highlight. It's perfect for under shimmery shadows - really makes them pop!!!

on 4/16/2011 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Had this for more than 2 years and picked it up by accident - I had meant to get regular UDPP but picked this up instead.

I have oily lids and this primer performed poorly on preventing my eye makeup from creasing. Within 2-3 hours, it'd begin creasing up. Also if you are like me and can only afford to have one eye primer on hand because of money, this is obviously not a does-it-all primer because it the shimmer will still show up underneath your matte shadows, its original purpose was for equally shimmery shadows. Doesn't work well on its own either if I only wanted a simple neutral wash of color because the champagne color really sheers out once blended onto my lid and just leaves it sparkly.

Somehow, the only time it performed better than usual was when my skin and eyelids were dry. Weird. Either way, won't repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials