Clinique Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder

3.2

ingredients: polyethylene [] hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer [] citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel extract [] magnolia grandiflora bark extract [] bentonite [] poria cocos sclerotium extract [] astrocaryum murumuru seed butter [] caffeine [] isopropyl palmitate [] lecithin [] magnesium myristate [] squalane [] lauroyl lysine [] tocopheryl acetate [] silica [] tetrasodium edta [] chlorphenesin [] potassium sorbate [] [ /- mica [] bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) [] yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)]

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Ok so I saw this advertised in allure magazine and had to try it because my reactive redness drives me nuts! I had a sa apply it on one half of my face and then I decided to walk around the mall to see if the effect lasted or if it made my face itch. Holy Crap this stuff is amazing! It sets my foundation and makes my skin look so nice, was a little iffy about the 34.50 pricetag but in my opinion its totally worth it.

I ran over the Macy's yesterday because of the product giveaway
of Clinique/Estee Lauder.. but I digress..

I saw the display and caught a few SA's for a trial run.

I use the entire Clinique Anti-Redness line,
and although its not 100% perfect, it's the best line out there
for the redness issue.

The powder is incredible: its soft and soothing.
I have terrible roseacea and sensitive skin.
I was (and still am) skeptical, but it went on smoothly
over my foundation; it didn't flake or settle into lines;
it toned down the obvious redness, and it felt good.
Which, for me, is vital. I cannot wear other brands of
mineral make -up. BE minerals causes my skin to go into
redness overdrive, and they are painful for me to wear.

But this.. so far, so good.
I may report back after 'test driving' this for a week.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was expecting to be disappointed in Clinique's Redness Solutions Instant Relief Powder. How good could it be? How different would it be from BE or the other mineral powders? Well, pretty darn different! I applied it - over a moisturizer - on a cold day when my cheeks and nose were screaming red. Within a few minutes, my cheeks and nose cooled to a tolerable pink. Good enough for me! My SA said it could be applied over or under foundation. And Macy's has a bag including the cleanser, moisture creme and powder together. Worth the purchase price!

This stuff is really wonderful for diminishing the appearance of my red, ruddy looking skin. It is an oil free pale yellow loose powder and also comes with an antibacterial brush. Other ingredients include - caffeine and extracts of magnolia bark, mushroom and grapefruit. The SA said you should apply it lightly after your foundation. Be careful not to over apply it as you will appear jaundiced. This is truly amazing for super sensitive skin ~ love it and highly recommended!