September 30, 2014 | 1758 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by peblet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I have been looking for a pretty, warm nude that makes me look natural and fresh for YEARS! I have cool undertones and am fair/medium skinned (NC30) so as you can imagine, it's difficult for me to find a lipstick that doesn't turn pink on me. Often, nudes without pink make me look pale and tired rather than fresh and natural.

After reading the reviews (esp about the colour), I decided to try it out (thanks ladies!). Don't be fooled by the name, there is nothing mauve about this colour. In fact, it's a pretty, warm, nude/peach that warms up my skin tone and makes me look fresh while still maintaining a natural look. It's exactly what I've been looking for all these years. Although this is a matte lipstick (expectation is that it will be incredibly dry) it actually feels moist-ish. By no means is it a moisturizing lipstick but for a matte lipstick, I was impressed that it didn't dry out my lips. For best results I do recommend applying a touch of lip balm prior to applying this lipstick, although it's not a super drying matte, it's still a matte lipstick! The packaging is sleek and simple. This is a lipstick that I would absolutely purchase again without any hesitation. I hope they don't discontinue it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by juicy69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this on clearance for CVS for $2. It is a pinky brown matte on me if I just wear a little. If I layer more on it looks more peachy. I can wear it with balm and brown liner and pull it off as a matte, but I like glossy lips so I wear clear gloss and liner and it makes a really nice nude lip. The color is called Mauve It Over, but I don't see any mauve in this lippie. I am NW 45.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

this produce is simply amazing. On me it looks like a matte nudish lipstick with a bit of mauve to it. It's strange to explain because I'm noticing it looks different on different people so you may have to just try it for yourself, but I'm very pick with my lipsticks and I do love this lippy! give it a try! and by the way I tried once before nude attitude and I HATED the formula and this formula is very nice compared to that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by callmecordelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This has nothing to do with my idea of mauve. It's a browned-down warm pink shade, one of the best MLBBs I've ever used. If you look bad in warm shades I would stay away from this one. The formula is great, smooth and creamy, and drying, sure, but no more than any other matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by rubyice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't trust this name! Nothing mauve about it. This is a matte muted apricot, with some pink and light caramel tones. Great for all warm skin tones up to GGG. Darker skin tones can use this a nude. It looks like a matte version of the shade Dianna Agron wears here: http://ohemgeeblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/people-have-spoken.html. Scroll down ladies. Formula is great. Lasts a few hours. No taste, no smell. Fantastic bargain at $2. If Bobbi Brown made it (this is a very vBB shade) it would cost $22! This would look great with Nars Deep Throat or MAC Margin blush. Warm neutral or coppery eyes would also suit.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by MascaraJunkiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick. It was 75% off at CVS so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm an NC42 and this looks like a pinky nude on me. For a matte I thought it had a nice texture. I will be repurchasing. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Mintypink

I have yellow undertones in my skin and my lips a slightly darker than this color. This lipstick looks very natural with my skin tone and applies smoothly. The packaging is also quite nice, it has a clear plastic top so that when you look straight down at the lipstick, you can see the actual product inside. The rest of the tube looks quite chic as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Suelilbit

Love this color. A very daytime-wearable pink-brown, as others have said; creamy texture and subtle matte finish.

Goes so well with my complexion that I wrote Revlon to see what else is in this color family -- they suggested Matte Lipstick Fabulous Fig which is "a little darker with more wine tones."

My hair's dark brown; skin's a light olive or beige color -- I don't know if I have pink, blue or yellow undertones or how to tell -- but when I put this on it actually brightens up my face.

A great, natural-looking pinkish-nude that is neither washed-out pale or little-girl pink (both fine in their place, I just wanted an alternative, and boy, was this it!)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by blaahh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product , at first i didnt think it would work for me but i realised that it was because my lips were way too dry O_O anyway , i bought this in a pack of 3 for $29.95 at priceline. I would definately repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Lihrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first lipstick. I usually don't wear lipsticks because most colors don't work with my complexion or my style. Also, lipsticks nowadays have a lot of shine which makes my already full lips look huge. I love that this one is matte!

The color shows up as a beautiful light pinkish nude on me. Like other reviewers have stated, it's not a mauve, but still very beautiful. The pigmentation is nice. It's not crazy pigmented like some high end products like OCC lip tars, but it's definitely not sheer.

My only problem is that the formula is somewhat chalky and can gather in the lines on your lips. A quick lip scrub and some moisturizing balm will fix this, so it's not a big problem.

I can't say how long it lasts since I haven't worn it on a regular day to test it.

I might get some more colors next time my local drugstore has a sale.

:D