July 25, 2014 | 984 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Suelilbit

Love this color. A very daytime-wearable pink-brown, as others have said; creamy texture and subtle matte finish.

Goes so well with my complexion that I wrote Revlon to see what else is in this color family -- they suggested Matte Lipstick Fabulous Fig which is "a little darker with more wine tones."

My hair's dark brown; skin's a light olive or beige color -- I don't know if I have pink, blue or yellow undertones or how to tell -- but when I put this on it actually brightens up my face.

A great, natural-looking pinkish-nude that is neither washed-out pale or little-girl pink (both fine in their place, I just wanted an alternative, and boy, was this it!)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by blaahh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product , at first i didnt think it would work for me but i realised that it was because my lips were way too dry O_O anyway , i bought this in a pack of 3 for $29.95 at priceline. I would definately repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Lihrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first lipstick. I usually don't wear lipsticks because most colors don't work with my complexion or my style. Also, lipsticks nowadays have a lot of shine which makes my already full lips look huge. I love that this one is matte!

The color shows up as a beautiful light pinkish nude on me. Like other reviewers have stated, it's not a mauve, but still very beautiful. The pigmentation is nice. It's not crazy pigmented like some high end products like OCC lip tars, but it's definitely not sheer.

My only problem is that the formula is somewhat chalky and can gather in the lines on your lips. A quick lip scrub and some moisturizing balm will fix this, so it's not a big problem.

I can't say how long it lasts since I haven't worn it on a regular day to test it.

I might get some more colors next time my local drugstore has a sale.

:D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sadly this doesn't look how I hoped it would on me, instead of a natural pinky/nude colour which I've seen in a lot of swatches, this is more of a warm reddish brown. I think this is probably due to my complexion though (pale, quite pigmented lips). I can still wear it, just sheerly and if I put Peach Petal lipgloss on the top, it turns into a rosey pink which I quite like. It is drying, which I expected, but I find that a quick swipe of blistex before applying the lipstick helps a lot. The packaging quality is good though, and I think on warmer, medium skintones, this lipstick would be amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is definitely my new go-to lipstick! I was afraid that the matte finish would make my lips look dry and unnatural, but this is not the case at all! It just makes the color a lot more subdued and understated, which is why I like pairing this with charcoal eyeliner (lightly smudged). It's a simpler take on the classic "smokey eyes and toned-down lips" that you would wear for a party, but it's much more wearable for the daytime, especially since "Mauve It Over" is a warm MLBB pink instead of a super pale milky-pink. I am in love with the smooth and creamy texture of this lipstick! It's so moisturizing. I think I would rather buy a matte lipstick that I can top with a lipgloss to add shine than get a glossy lipstick that cannot be used for professional events. To me, lipstick and lip gloss should be two separate things!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Dow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a warm toned lipstick, something between pink and brown, an everyday color that will suit only warm toned complexions. Most of the lipsticks in Revlon's matte line are warm toned.
Formulation is ok, not entirely matte, a bit more creamy. Goes on smoothly and has an ok staying power. Doesn't have a particular smell.
Packaging is nice, a bit robust.
Costs about 10, not cheap and not expensive either.
I wasn't really impressed, it's an ok product but not something i would buy again or consider it a permanent item in my makeup bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by joeyanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

My complexion is lighter in tone (MAC NC 25-30) with warm undertones. I really like Revlon's Matte lipsticks in general, but this shade doesn't do anything for me. Lipstick is actually a great way to brighten up your complexion and make you look more alive, especially if your lips are a dull color like mine. But Mauve It over sort of darkened and dulled me even more when I put it on. I think it looks better on people with more blue undertones or people who are more tan. It may even look better if you are using brown blush and contouring on your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by buitrang88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It's my best matte lipstick I've ever used. It's really "my lips but better", very natural. I tried some lipsticks from some brands but I didn't found the one I really liked until now: perfect pink nude lipstick o my lips and not chalky. I'll buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by clixe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

This color looks perfect on my lips; it looks very natural. The texture isn't chalky, it's actually a little creamy. This is one of my favourites. It lasts a long time and I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Lonz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this colour. Incidentally, in case anybody was wondering, it is a very good dupe for MAC 'Kinda Sexy'. Same matte finish, except this one is a little creamier and feels more comfortable. The unfortunate trade-off for that comfort is that it doesn't wear as well as the MAC mattes. Still, if you don't want to splurge on MAC's gorgeous nude, this one is a really good alternative. :)