October 26, 2014 | 1278 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 7:55:00 PM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best mascara i have had the pleasure of using. you cannot do better for any amount of $$, trust me i have tried. false eye lahses in seconds. love love love.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by SakuraPurinsesu

I absolutely love this product! There have been many to say that it's Lash Blast, but better - yes, I'd have to agree! The packaging is the same as Lash Blast, but both CG and MF are made by Proctor & Gamble - so, it's not a ripoff, just a design lift. I find the formula for MF much better than Lash Blast - my lashes looked so fake - so long and separated. I put on a second coat after the first one dried - No clumping, no flaking, and very very easy to remove. I don't think I would need the waterproof - they're notorious to be difficult to remove. As for volume - it did give some volume - but I don't have thin lashes.
    Love Love Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Manet

This worked out amazingly for me. I have short straight lashes and this mascara really lengthened and volumized them. I already was in love with the regular 2000 calorie mascara and so i wanted to try this one. I did realize after I bought and used it that it's literally the same as the CG lash blast after watching a review by lollipop26 on yt (i love her!) but since I don't buy CG stuff it didn't bother me at all. So yeah, if you haven't got the lash blast, then i'd say try the 2000 calorie extreme lash plumper!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Extreme lash plumper? What a crock of crap. I was expecting so much and this delivered weak, wimpy lashes, no volume to speak of and not much lenght. The look of the tube is a blatent rip off of Cover Girl Lash Blash but black, yeah...nice jobe trying to be edgy and cool Max Factor...copying something popular, changing the color of the tube and making the formula crappier...I really hated this. Terrible terrible stuff. This did nothing at all for my lashes and even if it were decent it would still be way overpriced. For me personally this was worse than Maybelline Great Lash.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 10:03:00 AM More reviews by lizhmajumder

OMG new HG alert!!!!!!!

Went to the drugstore to see about the CGLB Luxe (hated the original, thought this might be better) Thank goodness I couldn't find it and found this instead. (I love original 2000 calorie so thought why not?)

At first glance the brush is almost exactly like LB. (plastic bristles, huge, even the tube is very similar except that it's black not orange)

I put it on this morning and my lashes are fierce: full, long, def. plumper, super intense and black and I love it.

sooo much better than LB but really expensive. I live in NYC and everything is expensive. This tube of mascara was $10.82 but I hope once the novelty wears off and it's around for a couple of months, it'll go down to regular MF mascara prices.

did I mention I love this mascara?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by jennstarr

I really like this as my top coat mascara (I use YSL Everlong WP as my base). L'oreal Beauty Tubes is my other favorite, but this one is like Lash Blast, but way less clumping. Doesn't smudge, really gives a full lash look.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2009 12:37:00 PM More reviews by BeaverCleaverReturns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this because the formula is much like Lash Perfection but the brush in Extreme Plumper allows you to get more volume. The brush has more bristles and they may be a little shorter than Perfection's bristles. I do wish the wand had a tapered end instead of a flat one to make it easier to get corner lashes. IMO, this is much better than Lash Blast because the formula is different and less clumpy. Overall, I liked it but I still prefer my Shiseido mascars and Milani Power Lash.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 12:26:00 AM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this in a duane reade for about $5.50. Looks just like lash blast but is not the same. This is waaay better than lash blast. It thickens and lenghtens. The brush has more plastic bristles than lash blast and I think the formula is thicker I would definitely recommend this over lash blast.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by missjestr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I first saw this in the store, I was confused.....it looked EXACTLY the same as the Cover Girl's Lash Blast Mascara, from the tube to the brush, except that this one is black. The 3 month life of my Cover Girl had passed, so I decided to try this one out. To my surprise, it worked pretty much the same as the Lash Blast. Gives good volume, length, defines the lashes, holds a curl, doesn't smudge, doesn't flake, etc. And again, since the brush is a bit big, it's a bit hard to get into those inner lashes.
    Despite the fact that it works pretty much the same, the price is a little bit more expensive than the Lash Blast at my local Fred Meyers, so I'm probably gonna stick with the Lash Blast. Plus, how can I put down the bright orange tube with the blue strip? (silver if not waterproof)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2008 6:54:00 PM More reviews by ilovemakeup2

I was using CG's Lash Blast previously for about a week until I finally found this at my local Ulta after looking everywhere for it. I originally had Lash Blast in Brown but bought Max Factor's (MF) Extreme 2000 Calorie in Blackest Brown and liked the color much better. The brushes are similar except MF Extreme's brush is fuller with more plastic "pegs". One thing I did notice is that MF's clumps up much less! It probably has something to do with the full brush not giving it the chance to clump. On the other hand, the little amount of clumps (small) that I do get end up showing on my bottom lashes when I coat them last. I like this but i'm still on the look out for something better...so far this is my favorite compaired to DiorShow and Lash Blast and will be repurchasing if I run out or until the next find comes along. :)