December 19, 2014 | 1623 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Mademoiselle is a neutral shade that goes with absolutely anything. It looks casual enough for jeans and a t-shirt and elegant enough with a little black dress. It is so classy and beautiful, I think of it as the classic sheer pink. It makes my nails look healthy, shiny and clean and I feel polished and ‘finished’ when I wear it. I would describe the colour as a very sheer, glossy light pink - 1 coat makes my nails look very natural, shiny and with just a hint of rosy pink whilst 3 make the colour a beautiful, lighter “baby pink”. I’m kind of over painting my nails the colour du jour and just want something beautiful and classic that’s like “my nails but better” and makes them look naturally perfect. I’ve tried many sheer, neutral shades but this stands out - not only for the colour but also for the application. It does not streak at all, the formula is quite ‘thin’ and it dries very quickly. It also lasts for a long time; I don’t even have to use a topcoat with it. I am never without this shade in my collection, it is a definite HG for me. Essie Marshmallow is a great pairing for a natural looking French manicure. I used to be obsessed with Shellac and Acrylic French manis but now I’m after something more natural. I have uploaded a photo of Mademoiselle on my nails - I used 3 coats and bear in mind that I applied it on the same day that I had just filed off my acrylic nails…I wouldn't recommend doing that. My nails looked awful as you can probably imagine, but I credit Mademoiselle with making them look healthy and shiny again until they fully 'recover'. Will buy this forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

I just received this in a swap--- LoVE it!! This is the perfect nude shade. A very soft light pink, high gloss and goes on smooth and even. Not milky and streaky like some nudes.

This may be my new HG nude, along w/ OPI Samoan Sand

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by bstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this. Great HG pale pink shade. Looks a lot like OPI Bubble Bath, but I like this slightly more. They are both beautiful though! This lasts about a week on my fingers before chipping. Looks so shiny and beautiful with three coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by speedracer280

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this after researching various Essie french manicure suggestions. I wanted it to look very natural (american manicure). This color is so sheer that to me, it really serves to take some of the white out of the tips. It seemed to match my nail bed color so I can't say that i notice it much. I only used one coat, two might make a more noticeable difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by mrsamr12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I did 2 coats of this with OPI start to finish top coat and I love it! it has just a tiny hint of pink, and looks like a very high shine natural nail.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by nadinejolie

My all-time favorite nail polish color - a classic french nude that looks excellent on any hand complexion and a must for any nail polish collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 7:09:00 AM More reviews by becstar216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my first ever essie, and it sure got me hooked! I got it from a salon who use it (with Moonstruck) for their french polishes. I love just using it on its own though, it has a very natural, healthy looking nail colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Shabby413

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Another perfect french-nude-pink from Essie. A staple in my collection. Looks great on any skin tone. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Mystyre

I bought this nail polish based on reviews that said it makes your nails look polished and naturally healthy. And it absolutely does! This is my first Essie nail polish and I'm quite pleased with it. I found that if applies easily (no streaking for me), dries to a glossy finish and lasts just short of 7 days for me; keep in mind I wash dishes, clean, etc. all the time. My only real complaint with it is that it seemed to take a long time to dry compared to my drugstore polishes. I highly recommend this for a natural, sheer look.
EDIT: I just found out that this product still contains formaldehyde, which I don't want in my nail polish. I will not repurchase this product or any other Essie product due to this toxicity. Surprisingly, OPI nail polishes are "healthier" than Essie (according to cosmeticsdatabase), so I'll look there for a sheer pink.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Mademoiselle is very nice if you are looking for a sheer polish with out shimmer or glitter. This polish gives my nails a lovely clean look. I use two coats for a nice shiney look.