Essie Mademoiselle

4.4

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my all time favorite nail polish colors, I actually use the whole bottle which I have never done with any other polish. This is great for a nice, clean, fresh, polished look. Sometimes I make the color creamier by painting two coats of Mademoiselle and then one coat of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in French Vanilla, it makes it look like OPI's older(and better) version of Bubble Bath :)

on 2/4/2011 4:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this is my go to polish for everyday. it's pretty and classic and isn't terribly noticeable when things start to head south. such a classic; i just love love love this polish. to me essie is the gold standard so no complaints about application or packaging.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This leaves my nails looking natural and well groomed for 5-6 days with a double coat . On the 6 or 7th day it might get a small chip that wouldn't be noticeable to other people looking at my hands but that's when I know to redo my polish.

on 12/26/2010 8:22:00 PM

This is a really pretty, classic polish. A very faint pink, almost neutral color that makes my nails look clean and elegant. It's applies very nice as well, I didn't have any problems with streaking, etc. A awesome everyday polish that's great for work or school if you're going for a 'my nails but better' look. Would definitely buy again!

on 12/25/2010 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Somehow, I found this on clearance at Target for $1.98!! WOW!! I am a HUGE fan of Essie nail polish, and to find such an amazing deal on it, how could I pass up the opportunity??
I love this nail polish because its so natural, but yet so elegant and classic. It's easy enough to just apply a few coats before going out shopping, but lovely enough to pair with a little black dress.
It's effortlessly beautiful and classy.

on 12/19/2010 1:03:00 PM

I like the subtle colour, but I have problems with the polish peeling, too. I like to apply 3 coats for depth of colour and a top coat. The polish lasts maybe 3 days on me. The edges will start to lift, then cracks, for some reason, will start to show and then it will peel off. This has never happened with other Essie polishes. I said I wouldn't re-buy; I'll try other similar colours of another brand first.

on 11/27/2010 11:26:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Mademoiselle is a neutral shade that goes with absolutely anything. It looks casual enough for jeans and a t-shirt and elegant enough with a little black dress. It is so classy and beautiful, I think of it as the classic sheer pink. It makes my nails look healthy, shiny and clean and I feel polished and ‘finished’ when I wear it. I would describe the colour as a very sheer, glossy light pink - 1 coat makes my nails look very natural, shiny and with just a hint of rosy pink whilst 3 make the colour a beautiful, lighter “baby pink”. I’m kind of over painting my nails the colour du jour and just want something beautiful and classic that’s like “my nails but better” and makes them look naturally perfect. I’ve tried many sheer, neutral shades but this stands out - not only for the colour but also for the application. It does not streak at all, the formula is quite ‘thin’ and it dries very quickly. It also lasts for a long time; I don’t even have to use a topcoat with it. I am never without this shade in my collection, it is a definite HG for me. Essie Marshmallow is a great pairing for a natural looking French manicure. I used to be obsessed with Shellac and Acrylic French manis but now I’m after something more natural. I have uploaded a photo of Mademoiselle on my nails - I used 3 coats and bear in mind that I applied it on the same day that I had just filed off my acrylic nails…I wouldn't recommend doing that. My nails looked awful as you can probably imagine, but I credit Mademoiselle with making them look healthy and shiny again until they fully 'recover'. Will buy this forever.

I just received this in a swap--- LoVE it!! This is the perfect nude shade. A very soft light pink, high gloss and goes on smooth and even. Not milky and streaky like some nudes.

This may be my new HG nude, along w/ OPI Samoan Sand

on 11/7/2010 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

LOVE this. Great HG pale pink shade. Looks a lot like OPI Bubble Bath, but I like this slightly more. They are both beautiful though! This lasts about a week on my fingers before chipping. Looks so shiny and beautiful with three coats.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this after researching various Essie french manicure suggestions. I wanted it to look very natural (american manicure). This color is so sheer that to me, it really serves to take some of the white out of the tips. It seemed to match my nail bed color so I can't say that i notice it much. I only used one coat, two might make a more noticeable difference.

Popular Polishes