July 31, 2014 | 2134 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Hinarobinson

# 6 Yellow

I liked it at first but honestly after a week of use I noticed something..... If I exfoliate my face with Clinique's Exfoliating Scrub and then use Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel with Pump my skin feel so smooth and hydrated. After few minutes when I apply this primer my foundation does not go on smoothly at all I seriously don't know why? But unless I don't mix this primer with my Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel my foundation does not apply very smoothly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by amak16701

I really love this primer. I bought the Caramel shade in order to warm up my multi-ethnic skintone and it does the job admirably. For me it's like a self-tanner, and it doesn't make me look orange. It helps 'blur' those little imperfections and even out everything overall. The liquid texture makes it absorb quickly into my skin, which is nice. I get annoyed at how you have to wait for other primers to 'set' before putting on your makeup. If I had better skin, I would definitely buy this to wear alone, without makeup. I might try another shade of the primer to layer with the Caramel.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by deluxedame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was hoping that between the MUFE HD foundation and the primer, I would find the perfect answer to gorgeous skin if you like to look grey and ashy toned. I was let down by both products. After a month or so my skin began breaking out noticing this first on my cheeks (a place where I never break out). If I were to break out, which is rare, it would be in my T zone. I do have oily/combination skin. I was much more impressed with other primers I have had in the past. This is not worth the $30 and the packaging is not impressive either for the cost. My main importance would be the product however and it doesn't live up to what I thought it would for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2009 1:48:00 AM More reviews by ailes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am using #5 / Blue which is meant to add radiance to fair skin and minimise slight redness.

Pros
At first I was worried when the MUFE MA suggested this shade for me that it would enhance my natural pastiness. Fortunately, the brightening effect is very subtle and natural. The other primer I like, Le Blanc De Chanel, looks more pearly/glowy compared to this. The MUFE also comes in a convenient pump unlike the Chanel which I have to scoop out of a jar with a spatula.

The best part is that it covers pores well! I have the most humongous 22-year-old pores which I am always trying to disguise with various primers. The trick is to layer the product and rub it into your pores. Initially I was just using a single pump for my whole face but now I also add several small layers over my problem areas. This hasn't clogged my pores and foundation works well on top - I looked airbrushed! (I apply the foundation with a MAC #187 brush.)

The Chanel is better at covering pores with a single layer but I am not sure how well it layers because as mentioned before, it is more shimmery. Clinique's Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector is also good at concealing pores but I find that it doesn't always work well under foundation or looks funny if I apply on top.

Lastly, I think the liquidy texture helps at smoothing down flakiness somewhat - something most primers don't do IME.

Cons
Doesn't control oil very well. I need to blot after ~2-3 hours. The Chanel is much better at mattifying. It is also quite pricey. I paid HKD 300 (currently ~USD39) but it's a 30 mL / 1.01 oz bottle so should last quite a while.

Conclusions I will purchase this again unless I find something better. I am using this as my everyday primer and the Le Blanc De Chanel for special occasions. The only other brightening primer I've used is Rimmel's Recovery Perfect Skin primer (in #002 / pink) which I found didn't do much except brighten slightly but I need a primer to do so much more >.For reference:

Skin Tone Fair-skinned Asian (Chinese) with neutral-yellow undertones (NC 15, MUFE F&B #38, Kevyn Aucoin SSE SX5)

Skin Type OSPT, very oily but very prone to dehydration/flakiness/irritation, breaks out from TiO2 and over-moisturising.

Ingredients Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methlpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Glyceryl Caprylate, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ceteth-10, Laureth-4, Ethylglycerin, Panthenol, Potassium Sorbate, Polysorbate 60, Parfum (Fragrance), Argania Spinosa Extract (Argania Spinosa Kernel Extract), C12-14 Pareth-12, Hydrolyzed Algin, Dodecene, Sorbitan Isosterate, Isosteryl Alcoho, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Tromethamine, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carbomer, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, [+/- CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)]. continued >>

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by angel111

I bought the HD foundation, primer and powder and I love them all.
When I went to Sephora the SA suggested that I used the neutral or green primer because I am quite pale. (Green reduces redness and neutral adds luminosity to complexions) I had decided on neutral and she gave me a sample and I loved it. I later ordered all of these items in full size over the internet. When it arrived I saw that I had gotten the green primer by mistake. Instead of returning it, I decided to give it a try and I love it too.
I will definitly repurchase as it does everything that I would expect for a good primer. It makes me skin feel smooth, makes my foundation last longer and look more natural and it reduces any redness. I love this stuff, I definitly recommend it especially with the HD powder and foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by mlarn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Long story short, I read the reviews for this product. It said it was good at covering scars. I bought the product. Applied it, and broke out. I don't even have sensitive skin and i washed my face and hands before the application, so what gives?

The moral of the story is, despite what you read online about a product, try at your own risk. If you ask me was blending in a scars worth the break out? well heck no.

it gets one lippy because it was nice packaging.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this the other day in neutral, just to try something different from my usual mac spf50 primer which i love to death, to use with mufe face and body foundation and the results to say the least was beyond disappointing. I would return it today after work but i am too tired, it will be going back to sephora the first thing smoking tomorrow. My makeup just didn't look polished like it advertised. Also it did nothing more than to show me what i hate to see on my face the most when i wear makeup, OIL!, the oil was out of control, i have never used so many blotting sheets before in my life another disappoint along with their all mat, more like all shine. This stuff is wack! I'd rather take the risk of wearing no primer at all than to wear this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2009 3:59:00 AM More reviews by codyeve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Again, another huge disappointment. I purchased this in blue. It's not really like a primer. It dosent leave ur skin smooth like other primers. It's supposed to help illuminate my pale skin & I noticed no difference. I tried with makeup forever HD foundation (which I hate), MAC studio fix & Revlon Colorstay. Made no difference whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 6:18:00 AM More reviews by simplicity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

HD Microperfecting Primer #2 Mauve controls oil, helps makeup last longer, and nicely corrects my yellow undertone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by tousledelegance

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

The primer is fantastic, the best I have ever used. I have combination skin and most primers are so mattifying that they cause my cheeks to flake and my t-zone to get greasy fairly quickly. Not so with this product! My face becomes matte and without dryness and after using this daily for a week, I have yet to experience oiliness while wearing it.
I have natural pink undertones that I despise, which is why I selected 1 - the green shade. I see a slight reduction in redness after applying, but the real impact comes after I put on my foundation (MAC StudioFix NC15) because my skin is so well prepped. It goes on smoother and coverage is much better and my blush blends easily. I see a longevity in my makeup as well; I usually wear it about 15 hours and need no touchups. In terms of price, at $32, it is a bit more than I wanted to spend, but the quality is truly worth it and a little bit of this product goes along way so it should last quite a while. I am extremely likely to buy this again. The only thing that concerns me is that the bottle is glass and it will be toast if dropped on a hard surface.