Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer

3.3

Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Glyceryl Caprylate, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ceteth-10, Laureth-4, Ethylglycerin, Panthenol, Potassium Sorbate, Polysorbate 60, Parfum (Fragrance), Argania Spinosa Extract (Argania Spinosa Kernel Extract), C12-14 Pareth-12, Hydrolyzed Algin, Dodecene, Sorbitan Isostearate, Isostearyl Alcohol, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Tromethamine, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carbomer, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool. [CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)].

on 6/19/2009 2:39:00 AM

Feels very nice, helps balances my color. Def worth the price!

on 6/14/2009 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

After reading such great reviews of this product, I bought it in the light pink color, and used it a half dozen times. I am not sure what I expected-- perhaps I just liked the way it looked in the tube? I did not notice any difference using this vs. just moisturizer and foundation alone. felt guilty about spending $32 for this and so I returned it to Sephora.

This is a great primer if you are looking to smooth pores, give a subtle luminous glow, and make foundation application smoother. However, if you're looking for a primer to give that matte, oil-controlling silicone finish, like Smashbox Photo finish, look elsewhere. For me, I have oily skin however I still like my makeup to look slightly luminous upon application. I bought this in the Blue #5 shade, which is supposed to illuminate fair skin and reduce minor imperfections. I think it did exactly that. I have pale skin however I think I've been a little too obsessed with Twilight lately and I want that moonlight pale skin that glows. This produces that effect!! It subtly lightens my fair, but yellow-undertoned skin and give it a lovely glow which you can see even after applying foundation and powder. The only downside is I think my skin became oilier faster, and I needed to blot more frequently. But honestly blotting has become a fact of life for me and doesn't bother me at all! Overall it is a great primer, especially for those that have drier skin and hated the texture of Smashbox primer.

on 5/18/2009 12:21:00 AM

I hate to be a MUFE hater, but this was another product that I just did not like. Lets face it, a lot of make up and skin care success is individual to each person's skin and preferances. I'm sure MUFE is a great line with great products, but I have yet to find something in their face/foundation line that works for me (except for the HD powder).

This was a thin consistency and did not do much in the way of smoothing the surface of my skin/filling in pores/etc. It was moisturizing, but that's not what I needed in this product. I didn't find that this helped in controlling oil or preserving my make up throughout the day.

on 4/21/2009 3:26:00 PM

I used to use the Smashbox primer, but I was running out and decided to try MUFE HD in mauve. I'm really liking it so far. I've just been using the primer itself which no foundation and it balances out all the redness and brightens out my skintone! It's awesome. I like how it's more lotion-y compared to how silicone the Smashbox one felt. It doesn't feel like it's clogging all my pores and my skin doesn't react to it at all. I've tried using my Dior tinted moisturizer on top of it a few times now and it looks great. Doesn't pill and goes on smoothly.

on 4/14/2009 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

we all know everybody's skin reacts differently. ive used bare escentuals, laura mercier and smashbox and they didnt work on me at all. those products broke me out. yet some love them, but i had to give theme up. i never thought id ever use primer again :)

i bought this because the reviews say the HD line works best together. they are so right! the green primer evened out my red tones, the blue brightened around my eyes, forehead and i used the neutral everywhere else. you dont have to use all of them, but i had samples, so i tried em all haha.

my make up glided. i definitely noticed how little foundation i needed to put on. it doesnt feel heavy like the other primers ive used, i never looked oily morning till night and best of all even after i slept with it on, i never woke up with little zit sprinkles :)

on 4/11/2009 8:28:00 PM

Did not work well at all. It did not make my face any smoother for foundation preperation, and worst of all, I broke out horribly because of this product. I would not buy this again. For the money, you can get something nicer

on 4/2/2009 4:15:00 PM

I love this product. I do. For the first time, I have a primer that works with my skin, not against it.

I use neutral and it works like a charm. I use moisturizer, the primer and oil control and they all work together. I love it!

I have combination/sensitive skin and this product still works.

on 3/29/2009 3:58:00 PM

# 6 Yellow

I liked it at first but honestly after a week of use I noticed something..... If I exfoliate my face with Clinique's Exfoliating Scrub and then use Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel with Pump my skin feel so smooth and hydrated. After few minutes when I apply this primer my foundation does not go on smoothly at all I seriously don't know why? But unless I don't mix this primer with my Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel my foundation does not apply very smoothly.

on 3/6/2009 1:01:00 PM

I really love this primer. I bought the Caramel shade in order to warm up my multi-ethnic skintone and it does the job admirably. For me it's like a self-tanner, and it doesn't make me look orange. It helps 'blur' those little imperfections and even out everything overall. The liquid texture makes it absorb quickly into my skin, which is nice. I get annoyed at how you have to wait for other primers to 'set' before putting on your makeup. If I had better skin, I would definitely buy this to wear alone, without makeup. I might try another shade of the primer to layer with the Caramel.

Popular Primer/ Correctors