September 17, 2014 | 1979 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Tangle Teezer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by KayteeXx

I love love love this brush! Nothing else detangles my hair as painlessly and quickly. I actually bought another one just in case I lose the other.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Nuni2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sure, it's bulky but it detangles like a Denman without all the hair loss.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by 3PuppyLove3

This brush is great, it painlessly detangles my hair. Way better than a regular brush :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE:
A year has not passed yet, but one thing I can say is that this is the first year since my sister was about 5-6 that she has managed to grow her hair down to her boobs. This was never possible before because the only thing remaining at the and of the hair was always a "rat-tail" type of thing. I think that's pretty amazing :) She did cut it not long ago but, at least, she managed to grow it that long, which is something she has been trying to do for years! Her hair also has more shine and volume now :) Remember: if you already have good hair, you may not see such drastic results, but her hair was pretty bad, so this brush alone did wonders :)
I'll update again a bit later.
END OF UPDATE
Originally, I bought this for my little sister. Her hair is very fine, but there's a big amount of it. Her hair therefore tangles VERY easily - she can lie down to rest and wake up with a giant tangle. The tangles almost always appear near her neck when she sleeps - you know it's one of the most painful places to brush if it's tangled. If you try to gently brush her hair one of those times it is reeeally tangled, it takes near half an hour, even though it's only shoulder-long. Because of this, she gave up trying to brush it gently many years ago (she's now 19); instead she always tuggs on it, and every time she brushed her hair, I could hear hundreds of hears ripping...! This of course only made it worse: her hair became very frizzy and she sometimes didn't brush it for days. Over time it became very brittle and flat - she washed it every day, but it lost the volume very fast.
When I first read about the tangle teezer, I immediately wanted to buy her one, and I did. All I can say is: it's a miracle for her! Now, usually under 10 hairs are left on the brush after every time she brushes her hair, and she actually enjoys doing it :D This brush de-tangles her hair so easily, and it doesn't let her rip it out either. Does it thug? Yes, it does a little, but it's nothing compared to the brushes that has those little balls on every bristle. I think this brush will improve her hair quality greatly over time, when the ripped and stretched part grows out (will update in a year or so), and it's also great that she doesn't rip it out any more :) She doesn't even need to start brushing from the ends - it works great any way! I think this solved a big problem in her everyday life :)
One thing though: may make very thin hair a bit static, but with some kind of spray this can be fixed. Does not turn my normal type hair static though.
I must admit, this didn't look incredible when it arrived - I couldn't see what would make this work better than other brushes, but it works like magic on my sister's hair! I'm ordering 4 more for friends and family :) For my hair, the brush is good, but not exceptional, but that's just because it's easy to brush my hair with almost anything - it doesn't get tangled, even though it's waist long.
A brush that is good for your hair is a long time investment, and may save you a lot of conditioner, hair treatments and so on, so I don't really consider this expensive - a lot of cosmetic products that only last for some months are much more expensive.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Tit4Tat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*UPDATED SEPT 06/13*
I prematurely blamed the shortcomings of my faulty haircare on Tangle Teezer, however, with right detangling, you won't need any other brush other than a good quality boar bristle one for styling (assuming you have fine, chemically processed long hair).
It's also great for:
- Storing your "stray" bobby pins and elastics inside
- Distributing conditioner in your hair or running it through your hair as you're rinsing conditioner out.
- Detangling backcombing becomes easy if you spray your roots with a detangler (don't use anything oil-based, it actually makes it worse)
- Grooming your pets. Our finicky Persian cat hates every brush you come at her with so she usually sees a professional who gets paid for patience I don't have. I found out how much she loves this thing by accident, when I knocked it over and she attacked it, then started rubbing her face all over it. She has her own now and she actually gets really excited whenever she sees it.

*ORIGINAL 1 LIPPIE REVIEW*
First time makeup alley let me down. Bought this thing wondering if it would help detangle my very fine straight hair...nope. Preface: normally I brush my hair before showering, wash the crown, gently rinse the ends, condition, rinse and then air dry. Even after this ordeal my hair tangles only within reasonable so I was hoppy the tangle teezer would help control the tangling throughout the day. It shredded my beautiful hair. Thin silicone "teeth" would pull my ends even harder and rip them out. I was pretty upset. Save your money, this thing is only good for combing the coconut oil through your hair, easy to clean.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This works great on me. It detangles my hair with almost no pain and it's so easy to clean. expensive though.....

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Esvalle

It works for me, much better than others, I just donīt agree with the price, for a piece of plastic it is a bit overpriced. Anyway, I like the result, detangles easily and fast, so that is what I am looking for.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by BabyDoll075

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't get the hype around these brushes.. Ordered an original one, and the pocket sized. Now I have them for a year or so and something must be wrong w/ me or w/ my hair but Tangle Teezer is just simply not working. It does not leave my hair shiny and does not do anything with the tangles.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by ContainsMildPeril

I used this product once on my daughter's fine but long hair and it wrecked her hair. The ends became very flyaway and have never recovered.

I've found it's far better to use a leave-in conditioner, which makes combing through a doddle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this detangling brush. My hair is very tangle prone as it is dry from highlighting. Definitely cuts my time in 1/2 in regards to brushing out the tangles from both dry and wet dry.