July 28, 2014 | 1303 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Tangle Teezer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Espiegle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I finally gave in and bought this about 6 months ago, because of rave review and because I was just getting really tired of having to spend such a long time "doing" my hair.
I have a lot of fine, curly hair. It's not like a mass of hair or anything, it's just the combo of fine and curly that makes it tangly. But even when I was a kid, and my hair was straight (went curly at puberty) I must have been one of the first J&J No-More-Tangles junkies.
And I lose alot of it-every time I wash and condition it, every time I comb it. And if I wait a day to wash it, a ton of it comes out in the shower, and then once out of the shower, a ton more. It would worry me if there wasn't plenty of it remaining (but I make sure I take my vitamins, lol).
If I don't comb it after washing it (and yes, I wait until my hair is not too wet, not to dry- to comb it), it would look like total nonsense on my head. And if I don't comb it THE RIGHT WAY, it gets frizzy and snarled (or I'd end up with cradle cap from not massaging my scalp at least a little).

So I have (had) long been at the point of just feeling weary when I know that I need to wash it, because that means I HAVE to condition it, then towel-dry it just right so that it doesn't tangle, THEN use a detangling spray, THEN a leave-in conditioner...THEN I start to geeentttly use a big, wide-toothed comb, starting at the ends, working my way up...then I have to be careful again if I want to part my hair, or comb it in any direction...And it put me in a pretty irritable mood because it hurts- it yanks at nape and temples....

You get the idea- my hair just jams when I try to comb it, I never bother trying to brush it once it's dry (although I can do that if I straighten it) and I have hair all over my house. It gets everywhere. Sometimes I'm shocked at the back of my winter coat, or a sweater, if I haven't been paying attention to picking the hairs off it it. Ick.
I actually lucked out and found the TangleTeezer in a beauty store here in Europe- for 15 euros- which seemed extremely expensive for something that looked like a cheap plastic dog brush. So I hemmed and hawed and read more reviews and finally broke down and bought it.
And I love it. NOW I don't even THINK about detangling my hair- I don't NEED detangling spray, I don't HAVE to use leave-in conditioner for stretched-hair frizzies (I just use it for normal frizzies) and there's no more pain. This thing just glides like butter through my hair and I'M DONE. And I barely lose any hair, to boot- I didn't even know that I was actually pulling out hair, or breaking it, when I was losing it- I just thought it was natural shedding.
So as a result, not only do I save time, energy and suffer less :) but my hair has gotten really nice again- it's glossy and thick and less frizzy and the curls are more "whole" and bouncy and there is less hair all over the place.
And yes, I can use it when my hair is dry- I don't comb it dry when it's curly, because that just makes it look weird- but I can, and incidentally, it gives a really nice scalp massage- you can just make little circles on your scalp and it doesn't tangle your hair- it feels great.
Voila- highly recommend if you have hair that just takes a long time to get through with a normal comb or brush, under normal circumstances, for whatever reason. I imagine this would be marvelous for children with long, fine, tangly or unruly hair- or all of the above- because it is quick and painless.
I really want to get the travel one as well, but will wait till I go to states.
I put a 3 for the price because though I think it is expensive for the material it is made from (totally cheapo plastic. It wouldn't last 10 seconds next to something too warm.(you CANNOT blow dry with it- it'll render it completely useless) it still works so well the price doesn't really matter.
However I put 2 for the "packaging" because of the cheap material and because the label says to not even place the normal one down on the bristles, for fear of bending them. They could at least include a little protective shield of some sort- it sits in my cupboard like an upturned beetle!
All in all, a fabulous, time-saving, hair-saving, pain-saving product, will def. buy again. Kudos to the inventor.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

I have pretty long hair and this tool has been very helpful. It doesn't hurt when I have tangled hair. It makes my hair smooth and always gets all the snarls out. I bring this with me everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Ihavequestions

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

DUDE. This brush is seriously one of the greatest things --- beautywise --- that has ever happened to me. First, let me explain my hair and situation. I have the kind of hair that is fine but there is SO much of it. I remember in the 2nd grade there was a lice scare at our school and one of the mothers checking heads ended up giving up on me. Because it's *so* fine, it tangles really, really easily and I can seriously get into the white lady dreadlocks category *shudders* if I don't brush out my hair for one day. The amount of hair I would lose brushing out my hair at night was always staggering. I'd always tell my husband, "I lose SO much every day. How is it that I am not bald."

Well. That's what I DID say. UNTIL I WENT BALD. Okay, maybe not bald but post pregnancy hair loss is no joke, people. It's not even a little bit joking. I had to cut about 10" off my hair after it went from a glorious mane to positively see through and even then I've basically been wearing my hair up in a bun for 6 months because it looks awful. I was still brushing out my hair at night, still the regular amount breaking and coming out after the PP hair loss was over but now it was a lot more troubling to me, obviously.

I read about this on MUA and ordered it from Amazon for $9.50 with free shipping. When I got it, I could *not* believe it. First, it just glides through your hair and detangles it in just a minute or two. Now I'm not tender headed in the least but it's so gentle that I was convinced the first time I used it that it was basically doing nothing. Um, not so. Seriously, after just a minute or two ALL tangles were gone. Then, and more importantly for me, I lost, like, ONE hair due to loss / breakage the first time I used it. I cleaned it out after a week and there were like 20 in there maybe. My other brush there was a small wad daily. That was when I started calling this brush: "No hair left behind."

As I said, I'm not tender headed but after I realized how gentle this brush felt, I recommended it to my friends with long haired daughters. They've all said the same thing --- that it has changed things totally. Their daughters no longer dread having their hair brushed and detangled. I have no idea what makes this little piece of plastic so magical, but I am SO grateful for it. I hope they keep making this forever!

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2011 6:55:00 AM More reviews by banjaxed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This did not work for my curly, but thin, hair. After brushing with this I have just as much hair falling out (if not more!) as with a regular wide toothed comb. I actually find a wide toothed comb much easier to use for my tangles as the tangle teezer doesn't seem to be able to cope with my curls. I also found it quite expensive (about 10 in Ireland) so I wouldn't recommend it, especially as you can get a wide toothed comb for a couple of euro!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 5:11:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have straight hair (that only needs half a day to get tangled again) and I only use the Tangle teezer when my hair is dry and it really is easier to comb through. There's a lot less hair on the brush after I'm finished and because of the simple design it's really easy to get it off the brush. Because it's plastic it's also really easy to clean. It comes with a manual that I also found quite informative.
I have it in pink and I just love how it looks, it makes brushing hair much more fun and something I almost look forward to. I'll definitely buy again and will probably buy a travel version as well. And to be honest I didn't think the price was that high, I got mine on UK amazon for 9 pounds and now that I know it works I would pay three times as much for it. For someone with really long hair like me it's definitely a must-have product.
The only problem (well, it's not really a problem) is that because it's so easy to comb through hair with the Tangle teezer I sometimes miss a knot or two so I need a regular hairbrush to tell me if any part of my hair needs more brushing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by dali68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this product! My 6 year old has curly hair and cries when I use a regular brush on her hair. This brush really gets through all the tangles with minimal discomfort.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best hair tool ever! Seriously I have long hair and it gets tangled and knotted sometimes and this tangle teezer saves the day!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by meisfon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It really does wonder to my super tangly hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 7:18:00 AM More reviews by Zara02

HG!
No doubt about it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by uyai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

My hair is very knotty - I'll comb it and it will have tangles 2 minutes later. This tangle teezer keeps my hair tangle free for longer, and doesn't snag or pull at my hair as much as a 'regular' brush or comb. However, I will say that I think this will work best on straight or wavy hair. My hair is naturally curly and this brush just ruins curls...makes them all frizzy and lose definition. But when I straighten my hair it is the only comb I will use. Works great for combing through conditioner whilst I'm in the shower and makes dry hair look shiny. Like another reviewer I wish their was a handle though, it would make things a lot easier. I paid 10 for this (a piece of plastic!) which I think is expensive, but a worthwhile investment! I have noticed a reduction in general damage and split ends.