October 25, 2014 | 1665 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Tangle Teezer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Shaz809

I have the original version in hot pink and the travel sized in pink and black. I love them. Last few months I have been trying to take care of my hair and this little beauty has definately helped. When I am finished curling or waving my hair with a hot appliance, I love to brush through with this -- gives a gorgeous soft effect. A word of advice for anyone in the UK or Rep of Ireland - Boots are selling them on the expensive side. I got mine there for 15 (had a giftcard) and seen it in other chemists for 10.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by fabulousSHEL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this hair detangler. It works wonders on my very long hair that easily knots up. I bought the hot pink one at Sally's Beauty Supply for $9.99. To me, it's a LITTLE pricey, but not like other styling brushes I've purchased in the past. I did not shop the internet prior to my purchase, so perhaps you can find it elsewhere online for cheaper. If you do, keep it mind you may end up paying more in shipping and handling than you will if you just walk into a store to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by amvill77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this little thing! I bought mine on Amazon for about $9 or so and I have it in the pink color. Let me start off with saying that I have moderately thin hair that is constantly shedding and gets tangled VERY easily. This thing takes out the tangles effortlessly! If I'm not mistaken, this was designed to be used on both wet and dry hair..and I know it's not recommended to brush hair that is wet..but this works wonders! It would be great for kids too in my opinion because it lessens the pain of detangling knotted hair. I will always have this in my collection of hair tools and refuse to go back to my wide tooth comb!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by hazelnut87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is quite unique! For about two years, I didn't even use a brush on my hair. . . I used a wide tooth comb only, and detangled my long/fine hair only when I was conditioning it in the shower. My hairdresser recommended this, and I must say I was a little skeptical. It reminded me of the brushes I once used to groom a horse, except with plastic bristles instead. I really can't explain how this is so effective, but it is. It now takes me 2-3 minutes to detangle my hair after showering, which has cut 10 minutes off my showering time (since I use to detangle while in the shower). Occassionally it will tug, but NOTHING compared to a regular brush. Also, I notice that when I use this on my hair when it is dry, it reduces frizz and appears to make my hair more shiny as well. I would recommend this to anyone, but especially those with fine hair that tangles easily. LOVE this!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by lori2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing. My 3 year old daughter has curly hair that gets tangled very easily and she hates getting her hair brushed, but she doesn't mind getting her hair brushed with the Tangle Teezer. It brushes her hair easily, gets the tangles out and with very little discomfort. I found it at my local Sally Beauty Supply for around $9 or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by bootsbeme

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is amazing. Nothing gets out the tangles in my girls hair as well as this and no pain. I had to go buy another so they would not fight over who got to use it first.
I actually like it too :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by KayteeXx

I love love love this brush! Nothing else detangles my hair as painlessly and quickly. I actually bought another one just in case I lose the other.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Nuni2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sure, it's bulky but it detangles like a Denman without all the hair loss.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by 3PuppyLove3

This brush is great, it painlessly detangles my hair. Way better than a regular brush :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE:
A year has not passed yet, but one thing I can say is that this is the first year since my sister was about 5-6 that she has managed to grow her hair down to her boobs. This was never possible before because the only thing remaining at the and of the hair was always a "rat-tail" type of thing. I think that's pretty amazing :) She did cut it not long ago but, at least, she managed to grow it that long, which is something she has been trying to do for years! Her hair also has more shine and volume now :) Remember: if you already have good hair, you may not see such drastic results, but her hair was pretty bad, so this brush alone did wonders :)
I'll update again a bit later.
END OF UPDATE
Originally, I bought this for my little sister. Her hair is very fine, but there's a big amount of it. Her hair therefore tangles VERY easily - she can lie down to rest and wake up with a giant tangle. The tangles almost always appear near her neck when she sleeps - you know it's one of the most painful places to brush if it's tangled. If you try to gently brush her hair one of those times it is reeeally tangled, it takes near half an hour, even though it's only shoulder-long. Because of this, she gave up trying to brush it gently many years ago (she's now 19); instead she always tuggs on it, and every time she brushed her hair, I could hear hundreds of hears ripping...! This of course only made it worse: her hair became very frizzy and she sometimes didn't brush it for days. Over time it became very brittle and flat - she washed it every day, but it lost the volume very fast.
When I first read about the tangle teezer, I immediately wanted to buy her one, and I did. All I can say is: it's a miracle for her! Now, usually under 10 hairs are left on the brush after every time she brushes her hair, and she actually enjoys doing it :D This brush de-tangles her hair so easily, and it doesn't let her rip it out either. Does it thug? Yes, it does a little, but it's nothing compared to the brushes that has those little balls on every bristle. I think this brush will improve her hair quality greatly over time, when the ripped and stretched part grows out (will update in a year or so), and it's also great that she doesn't rip it out any more :) She doesn't even need to start brushing from the ends - it works great any way! I think this solved a big problem in her everyday life :)
One thing though: may make very thin hair a bit static, but with some kind of spray this can be fixed. Does not turn my normal type hair static though.
I must admit, this didn't look incredible when it arrived - I couldn't see what would make this work better than other brushes, but it works like magic on my sister's hair! I'm ordering 4 more for friends and family :) For my hair, the brush is good, but not exceptional, but that's just because it's easy to brush my hair with almost anything - it doesn't get tangled, even though it's waist long.
A brush that is good for your hair is a long time investment, and may save you a lot of conditioner, hair treatments and so on, so I don't really consider this expensive - a lot of cosmetic products that only last for some months are much more expensive.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No