April 19, 2014 | 1786 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Double Fix

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2005 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Two years ago I walked into Nordstrom set on getting a Clarins mascara (I was 16 and suckered by the ads). There were boxes of this stuff in a large mascara display area, so without looking at it, I brought this to the couter to be rung up. The SA tossed in a few tester brushes, and told me I could use this on my brows as well. I gave her a weird look, wondering why I'd ever use mascara on my eyebrows. When I got home, I opened the tube only to see the wand covered in clear gel. Ahh now the extra wands make sense! I'd never had problems with mascara vacating my lashes, so I decided to use this soley for my brows and WOW! I have thick, dark, unruly brows that have never needed pencil or any sort of color, so this great-hold waterproofer is fantastic. I like it much better than the brow gels by Stila and Dior. Oh, and I've used it a few times for its intended purpose when going swimming and it works well for that, too ;-).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2005 4:04:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

Very very good - it does what it says. It's a soft silky gel that doesn't dry hard, and doesn't change the shape/curl of the lashes on top of mascara. Most mascaras tend to straighten my short stubborn lashes, but L'Oreal's waterproof mascaras keep the curl, and Clarin's Fix really helps keep it in place. No smudging or flaking after a whole day. 16 is quite expensive, but the product does make all the difference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2005 5:09:00 PM More reviews by kinipela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! I have suffered from raccoon eyes my whole life and with this product I do not have that problem or that worry any longer. It does not make your lashes stiff or anything and comes off easily. I also use it on my eyebrows.

I went all day with no raccoon eyes!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2005 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Lila2004

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

All the mascaras I love do one thing I hate - they smudge. I have oily lids. An angel recommended Clarins' Fix Mascara to me and I can now wear ANY mascara with NO smudging. It's a whole new world. I don't find that this changes the look of the mascara I use at all.
One lippie off for the obvious : if Clarins can make this wonderful stuff, why can't they make a truly smudgeproof mascara?

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2004 5:20:00 AM More reviews by 1Stephanotis

When I choose mascaras my prerequisite is that it will not smudge until bedtime. I wanted to try Clarins Fix as a safeguard against smudging during the day. This did nothing for my eyelashes and did not prevent smudging.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2004 2:30:00 AM More reviews by calico

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A friend working for Shu Uemura highly recommended this to me. I am using Beaute de Kose's mascara right now, which gives me long and glossy lashes. Problem is, it isn't waterproof and get smudges after a few hours. This product from Clarins really fix that. A few coats makes my mascara stay put with no smudging. It is also colorless, unlike other eyelash primers that comes in an awful white that you need to disguise with coats and coats of mascara. Another plus point is that I can double it up as an eyebrow primer as well. Quite worth it, a product that works. will buy again. UPDATE April 2004: This really works. Was on a trip to freezing cold Poland and despite the snow and rain, my mascara stayed put - no smudges or runs. A MUST-BUY.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2004 4:47:00 PM More reviews by clembert

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was a little skeptical about this at first, but my favorite mascara kept smudging on me, so I decided to give it a try. I love it! It totally seals in the color of my mascara and even adds thickness to my lashes. This is so great for people who love a particular mascara that does not come in a waterproof formula--like me (I use this with Lancome Flextencils). But in order for this to work, you must apply over and under your lashes. Then your mascara will last all day. Make sure you have a good eye makeup remover also--this stuff can be difficult to take off.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2003 2:33:00 PM More reviews by laurlaur814

Great product. I even swam in the pool for quite a long time with this over my mascara--my mascara did not run or smudge AT ALL! It definitely does the trick without the flakes and gross waxiness of regular waterproof mascaras.
UPDATE: Sometimes at night, when my contacts get dry and I can't take them out at the time, I tend to squeeze my eyes closed a lot. Even with this on, my mascara smudged a bit below my right eye. Don't know why it is always my right eye. Anyway, I still love this product, but I reduced the lippies from 5 to 4.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2003 2:21:00 PM More reviews by laurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Did not like this. It really makes mascara waterproof. I didn't like the way my eyelashes looked after applying it. My regular mascara made great job separating my lashes and when I applyed this on my lashes they always became so clumpy and unnatural. It gives such a cheap look. I gave two lippies because I can at least use it as an eyebrow gel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2003 12:39:00 PM More reviews by ikky

I find this product outstanding! It's made of plant wax, and while applied over my regular mascara, it really smudge- and flake-proofs it. It has no color, and doesn't leave lashes feeling stiff. While I always have racoon eyes when wearing mascara, I now have full confidence not to worry about my mascara when I have this on. The packaging is a slick squeezable tube with a fiery red cap. I have to agree that it's so easy to spot among the items in my traincase. Totally recommend. I don't find this hard to remove at all. I like bearly-there mascara, and the one I use is Shu's Mascara Basic.