Clarins Double Fix

4.4

isododecane - polyethylene - disteardimonium hectorite - synthetic wax - vp/eicosene copolymer - propylene carbonate - trimethylsiloxysilicate - parfum - ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate

on 11/15/2005 6:19:00 PM

Not working for me. My mascara smudges even more with Mascara Fix on! AND I apply it under and over my lashes too. Am I doing anything wrong here?

on 11/2/2005 7:49:00 AM

I've been looking for something like this forever!!! Thank you ladies on MUA! I am too one of those people who have tried every mascara in the world hoping to find that one smudge proof mascara that works for ME so I don't have to suffer through yet another afternoon of embarrassing raccoon eyes. I've tried all the low-end and high-end mascaras... only mascara that came close to what I needed is Mirenesse mascara, which is wonderful, but it has its own faults. Just because of my past experiences, I was very skeptical about Mascara Fix too. However, Im happy to report that it delivers everything it says it does. Now I can wear any mascara that I want and just put a thin coat of Mascara Fix on and don't have to run to the bathroom every half an hour checking for the afternoon shadow. I hope they never stop making this mascara. Only things that I think they can improve on is the way the product dries. I wish it dried really clear instead of whitening a little. You have to make sure that you apply a very thin coat of this mascara otherwise you'll end up with frosty and dull looking lashes. But with some practice, I'm sure you'll love it too. If it worked for me TRUSTY ME it will work for you!

on 10/4/2005 5:50:00 AM

I use this product all the time it really works for me. It makes it so that I don't have to use waterproof mascara all the time thich can be really drying to my eyelashes and makes them fall out. It never seems to dry out, so it lasts forever for me.

on 10/1/2005 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is pure genius! I use this waterproofer over my HG DiorShow mascara (the DiorShow waterproof version just doesn't cut it) and my mascara stays put no matter how bad my allergies get (watery eyes). I noticed that when I wear other waterproof mascaras, my lashes fall out when removing the mascara. This isn't the case with the Fix mascara. Just use your favorite mascara and let dry, then use one Fix coat on tops and bottoms of lashes. You can also use this as a brow gel. I love this and will always re-purchase.

Formula for perfectly waterproofed lashes:

1a. Optional use of eyelash curler (Shu Uemura). This step is not necessary with the DiorShow, but I am just addicted, I guess.

1b. Optional use of Talika Lipocils as primer.

2. DiorShow Mascara.

3. Clarins Fix Mascara (clear sealant) over DiorShow for perfectly waterproofed lashes.

on 9/30/2005 6:44:00 PM

Every single mascara will smudge at about mid day for me. Even waterproof and smudge proof. If I'm using a water/smudge proof mascara, it won't smudge much, but there will be a light stain at the bottom of my eyes. With this over, it doesn't smudge at all, my mascara stay put all day even when my eyes get a bit wet. Good stuff. when I use MAC cleansing oil, it gets off easily, if I use something else, it's not as easy. It doesn't clump for me, I like this much more than URBAN DECAY Lingerie. I do notice that if i put this too much, my lash will get dull, like there is a waxy transparent coating. With the right amount, it look wonderful. If anyone is having a problem with mascara smudging no matter what kind they've tried, I rec. give this a try. It might solve the problem.

on 9/6/2005 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Update 2012: Ok, so I use this sealant 362 days of the year. Is it perfect? No; I still get some smudging some days. Is it the best of this type of product I have found? Yes.
I curl my lashes, put a layer of this on them, let them get a bit 'tacky' (about the amount of time it takes to coat the other eyes lashes), then finish with Maybelline Full and Soft. I have found thatt this is the best technique for me after many years (12?) of using this product.

I have tried every mascara out there - high end, low end, and everything in between. Every single one of them has smudged on me. Until I found Fix.
Use any old mascara you want to achieve the look you like, let it dry, then apply a coat of Fix over it. Viola! No more smudging! A little difficult to remove but worth the effort. Also works great at keeping your brows in tamed.
I took one lippie off because of the price - $20 in Canada. Thats a little steep for me but will repurchase.

on 9/4/2005 5:23:00 AM

This is the best mascara.
It allows me to buy any mascara out there as i now know all mascaras will not smudge or flake on me.
It stops all smudging and flaking which was my main gripe with mascaras.
Now all i worry about it length, volume and thickening.
*sigh* if only this mascara had those 3 properties i'd have my HG mascara.
Oh yes the packaging is rather peculiar.....its squishy!!!!....but still works.
Just don't put too much on as it'll turn a bit white, use it sparingly.

Update: I STILL LOVE IT.
I slept with my make up on and the next day i could go to work with perfect mascara!

on 7/17/2005 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this stuff! I've always had a problem w/ my mascara smudging. I've tried various waterproof formulas and every single one of them gave me raccoon eyes. With this stuff I can wear mascara all day and not worry about it ending up under my eyes. I highly recommend this stuff! It's amazing!

on 6/26/2005 11:50:00 AM

i love this product...totally makes you fave mascara waterproof with one swipe! removing it is difficult as it IS completely waterproof. if you dont use a proper eye makeup remover it could be nasty! if you apply too much, it looks kind of blobby, but once you learn to put it on properly, you have a HG product in my opinion. i have searched and searched for a mascara that won't smudge on me...so far this is the best answer i can come up with.

on 6/20/2005 7:00:00 PM

This stuff rocks! Put this on after your mascara dries, and you're waterproof. I've got runny, sensitive eyes, and this keeps me looking good and doesn't irritate my eyes like a lot of products can. Most of my mascara comes off with a good cleanser, but I like to follow with a little eye makeup remover just to get the last of it.

Top Rated Clarins Products