July 28, 2014 | 1672 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Double Fix

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2005 4:39:00 PM More reviews by BlueK2211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff! I've always had a problem w/ my mascara smudging. I've tried various waterproof formulas and every single one of them gave me raccoon eyes. With this stuff I can wear mascara all day and not worry about it ending up under my eyes. I highly recommend this stuff! It's amazing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2005 11:50:00 AM More reviews by greenolive

i love this product...totally makes you fave mascara waterproof with one swipe! removing it is difficult as it IS completely waterproof. if you dont use a proper eye makeup remover it could be nasty! if you apply too much, it looks kind of blobby, but once you learn to put it on properly, you have a HG product in my opinion. i have searched and searched for a mascara that won't smudge on me...so far this is the best answer i can come up with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2005 7:00:00 PM More reviews by chelsear

This stuff rocks! Put this on after your mascara dries, and you're waterproof. I've got runny, sensitive eyes, and this keeps me looking good and doesn't irritate my eyes like a lot of products can. Most of my mascara comes off with a good cleanser, but I like to follow with a little eye makeup remover just to get the last of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2005 2:41:00 AM More reviews by jammobun

Pros:
This is the best mascara invention ever! haha...I just use any of my own favourite mascaras, and then put a layer of this, and voila! It lasts the WHOLE DAY (> 12hrs)! It helps the curl stay in shape, and most importantly, it prevents any smudging and flakes even with my oily lids. I have never come across a mascara that would not smudge when i used it, so this fix it mascara definately helps heaps. As it is clear, i also use it to fix my brows sometimes.

Cons:
When using this, inevitably there would be some blackness from your mascara going onto the brush. So it "contaminates" the rest of the product when you put the brush back. i just try to clean the brush abit before putting it back, but this wastes more of the product of course. Also, because the opening to put the brush back is small, product that is still on the brush gets pushed to the top when you put the brush back. Hope that made sense! =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2005 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Two years ago I walked into Nordstrom set on getting a Clarins mascara (I was 16 and suckered by the ads). There were boxes of this stuff in a large mascara display area, so without looking at it, I brought this to the couter to be rung up. The SA tossed in a few tester brushes, and told me I could use this on my brows as well. I gave her a weird look, wondering why I'd ever use mascara on my eyebrows. When I got home, I opened the tube only to see the wand covered in clear gel. Ahh now the extra wands make sense! I'd never had problems with mascara vacating my lashes, so I decided to use this soley for my brows and WOW! I have thick, dark, unruly brows that have never needed pencil or any sort of color, so this great-hold waterproofer is fantastic. I like it much better than the brow gels by Stila and Dior. Oh, and I've used it a few times for its intended purpose when going swimming and it works well for that, too ;-).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2005 4:04:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

Very very good - it does what it says. It's a soft silky gel that doesn't dry hard, and doesn't change the shape/curl of the lashes on top of mascara. Most mascaras tend to straighten my short stubborn lashes, but L'Oreal's waterproof mascaras keep the curl, and Clarin's Fix really helps keep it in place. No smudging or flaking after a whole day. 16 is quite expensive, but the product does make all the difference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2005 5:09:00 PM More reviews by kinipela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! I have suffered from raccoon eyes my whole life and with this product I do not have that problem or that worry any longer. It does not make your lashes stiff or anything and comes off easily. I also use it on my eyebrows.

I went all day with no raccoon eyes!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2005 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Lila2004

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

All the mascaras I love do one thing I hate - they smudge. I have oily lids. An angel recommended Clarins' Fix Mascara to me and I can now wear ANY mascara with NO smudging. It's a whole new world. I don't find that this changes the look of the mascara I use at all.
One lippie off for the obvious : if Clarins can make this wonderful stuff, why can't they make a truly smudgeproof mascara?

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2004 5:20:00 AM More reviews by 1Stephanotis

When I choose mascaras my prerequisite is that it will not smudge until bedtime. I wanted to try Clarins Fix as a safeguard against smudging during the day. This did nothing for my eyelashes and did not prevent smudging.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2004 2:30:00 AM More reviews by calico

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A friend working for Shu Uemura highly recommended this to me. I am using Beaute de Kose's mascara right now, which gives me long and glossy lashes. Problem is, it isn't waterproof and get smudges after a few hours. This product from Clarins really fix that. A few coats makes my mascara stay put with no smudging. It is also colorless, unlike other eyelash primers that comes in an awful white that you need to disguise with coats and coats of mascara. Another plus point is that I can double it up as an eyebrow primer as well. Quite worth it, a product that works. will buy again. UPDATE April 2004: This really works. Was on a trip to freezing cold Poland and despite the snow and rain, my mascara stayed put - no smudges or runs. A MUST-BUY.