October 23, 2014 | 954 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Double Fix

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2005 2:48:00 AM More reviews by lipstik

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is pure genius! I use this waterproofer over my HG DiorShow mascara (the DiorShow waterproof version just doesn't cut it) and my mascara stays put no matter how bad my allergies get (watery eyes). I noticed that when I wear other waterproof mascaras, my lashes fall out when removing the mascara. This isn't the case with the Fix mascara. Just use your favorite mascara and let dry, then use one Fix coat on tops and bottoms of lashes. You can also use this as a brow gel. I love this and will always re-purchase.

Formula for perfectly waterproofed lashes:

1a. Optional use of eyelash curler (Shu Uemura). This step is not necessary with the DiorShow, but I am just addicted, I guess.

1b. Optional use of Talika Lipocils as primer.

2. DiorShow Mascara.

3. Clarins Fix Mascara (clear sealant) over DiorShow for perfectly waterproofed lashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2005 6:44:00 PM More reviews by baksino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Every single mascara will smudge at about mid day for me. Even waterproof and smudge proof. If I'm using a water/smudge proof mascara, it won't smudge much, but there will be a light stain at the bottom of my eyes. With this over, it doesn't smudge at all, my mascara stay put all day even when my eyes get a bit wet. Good stuff. when I use MAC cleansing oil, it gets off easily, if I use something else, it's not as easy. It doesn't clump for me, I like this much more than URBAN DECAY Lingerie. I do notice that if i put this too much, my lash will get dull, like there is a waxy transparent coating. With the right amount, it look wonderful. If anyone is having a problem with mascara smudging no matter what kind they've tried, I rec. give this a try. It might solve the problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2005 10:14:00 PM More reviews by julinko

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Update 2012: Ok, so I use this sealant 362 days of the year. Is it perfect? No; I still get some smudging some days. Is it the best of this type of product I have found? Yes.
I curl my lashes, put a layer of this on them, let them get a bit 'tacky' (about the amount of time it takes to coat the other eyes lashes), then finish with Maybelline Full and Soft. I have found thatt this is the best technique for me after many years (12?) of using this product.

I have tried every mascara out there - high end, low end, and everything in between. Every single one of them has smudged on me. Until I found Fix.
Use any old mascara you want to achieve the look you like, let it dry, then apply a coat of Fix over it. Viola! No more smudging! A little difficult to remove but worth the effort. Also works great at keeping your brows in tamed.
I took one lippie off because of the price - $20 in Canada. Thats a little steep for me but will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2005 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Gemr

This is the best mascara.
It allows me to buy any mascara out there as i now know all mascaras will not smudge or flake on me.
It stops all smudging and flaking which was my main gripe with mascaras.
Now all i worry about it length, volume and thickening.
*sigh* if only this mascara had those 3 properties i'd have my HG mascara.
Oh yes the packaging is rather peculiar.....its squishy!!!!....but still works.
Just don't put too much on as it'll turn a bit white, use it sparingly.

Update: I STILL LOVE IT.
I slept with my make up on and the next day i could go to work with perfect mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2005 4:39:00 PM More reviews by BlueK2211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff! I've always had a problem w/ my mascara smudging. I've tried various waterproof formulas and every single one of them gave me raccoon eyes. With this stuff I can wear mascara all day and not worry about it ending up under my eyes. I highly recommend this stuff! It's amazing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2005 11:50:00 AM More reviews by greenolive

i love this product...totally makes you fave mascara waterproof with one swipe! removing it is difficult as it IS completely waterproof. if you dont use a proper eye makeup remover it could be nasty! if you apply too much, it looks kind of blobby, but once you learn to put it on properly, you have a HG product in my opinion. i have searched and searched for a mascara that won't smudge on me...so far this is the best answer i can come up with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2005 7:00:00 PM More reviews by chelsear

This stuff rocks! Put this on after your mascara dries, and you're waterproof. I've got runny, sensitive eyes, and this keeps me looking good and doesn't irritate my eyes like a lot of products can. Most of my mascara comes off with a good cleanser, but I like to follow with a little eye makeup remover just to get the last of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2005 2:41:00 AM More reviews by jammobun

Pros:
This is the best mascara invention ever! haha...I just use any of my own favourite mascaras, and then put a layer of this, and voila! It lasts the WHOLE DAY (> 12hrs)! It helps the curl stay in shape, and most importantly, it prevents any smudging and flakes even with my oily lids. I have never come across a mascara that would not smudge when i used it, so this fix it mascara definately helps heaps. As it is clear, i also use it to fix my brows sometimes.

Cons:
When using this, inevitably there would be some blackness from your mascara going onto the brush. So it "contaminates" the rest of the product when you put the brush back. i just try to clean the brush abit before putting it back, but this wastes more of the product of course. Also, because the opening to put the brush back is small, product that is still on the brush gets pushed to the top when you put the brush back. Hope that made sense! =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2005 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Two years ago I walked into Nordstrom set on getting a Clarins mascara (I was 16 and suckered by the ads). There were boxes of this stuff in a large mascara display area, so without looking at it, I brought this to the couter to be rung up. The SA tossed in a few tester brushes, and told me I could use this on my brows as well. I gave her a weird look, wondering why I'd ever use mascara on my eyebrows. When I got home, I opened the tube only to see the wand covered in clear gel. Ahh now the extra wands make sense! I'd never had problems with mascara vacating my lashes, so I decided to use this soley for my brows and WOW! I have thick, dark, unruly brows that have never needed pencil or any sort of color, so this great-hold waterproofer is fantastic. I like it much better than the brow gels by Stila and Dior. Oh, and I've used it a few times for its intended purpose when going swimming and it works well for that, too ;-).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2005 4:04:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

Very very good - it does what it says. It's a soft silky gel that doesn't dry hard, and doesn't change the shape/curl of the lashes on top of mascara. Most mascaras tend to straighten my short stubborn lashes, but L'Oreal's waterproof mascaras keep the curl, and Clarin's Fix really helps keep it in place. No smudging or flaking after a whole day. 16 is quite expensive, but the product does make all the difference.