December 21, 2014 | 1823 users online

Mascara - Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by kmvvp09

HG MASCARA FOR THOSE WHO WANT THEIR LASHES TO REMAIN CURLED THROUGHOUT THE DAY, WHILE LENGTHENING WITHOUT CLUMPING!! Here is my take on the other Dior mascaras:

Diorshow: great for volume, not so much for length, does not hold curl even when applied over my HG Shu Uemura Lash Curler and HG Shiseido Mascara Base.

Diorshow Waterproof: What? You call this waterproof? The minute you sweat or walk outside in a humid climate, you will find some nice black smudge marks under your brow bone that have to be wiped off throughout the day.

Diorshow blackout: Like the regular diorshow but darker and more clumpy...not worth it.

Now, my take on my personal favorite, Diorshow Iconic (regular, not waterproof: after my experience with Diorshow waterproof, I will stick with regular): If you have lashes that need to be curled at all times, and you do not like the clumpy, spider look, then I suggest picking up a tube of this. Your lashes will look long, curled, dark, and natural, and will stay that way all day long. The only other mascara that comes close is Cargo Texas Lash, although it can smudge. First curl your lashes with the Shu Uemura lash curler, then apply the Shiseido Mascara base, wait a few seconds, then apply Diorshow Iconic. Since it is almost impossible for this to clump due to the structure of the brush, you can safely apply a few coats, although it is not necessary. I prefer to apply Shu Uemura mascara basic to the lower lashes, since it merely darkens lashes but lasts all day without running or smudging. Focusing on the upper lashes and applying eyeliner only to the upper lash line (especially a very subtle wing tip applied with a natural brown powder shadow, such as Bobbi Brown shimmer wash eyeshadow in chocolate for daytime or Lancome artliner in brown or black for night) will make your eyes appear more awake. If you want to apply liner to the lower lash I suggests doing a very sheer, light brown or taupe/grey (Bobbi Brown stone) to the lower lash then minimizing it with a wet Q-tip. This will result in a subtle downplayed sex-kitten/ Briggite Bardot look without being too over the top. As someone who used to line her eyes in a thick black liner just for the hell of it, I am telling you, looking back on it, I now admit that look is very dated and cheap. When it comes to makeup in general, especially eye makeup, ESPECIALLY daytime eye makeup, less is more. My HG look for the daytime includes my lash routine involving the Shu curler, shisiedo mascara base, and Diorshow Iconic Mascara, Peter Thomas Roth Uber Dry Sunscreen mixed with 1/4 part clinique for men non-streak bronzer gel, a matte, brown based lightly applied bronzer (right now it is Xen Tan), Bobbi Brown shimmer brick in rose applied to the apples of the cheeks and blended over the cheekbone as a blush/highlighter combo, Fresh Supernova radiance pen on undereye circles and sides of nose, and Lip Fusion in Blush. If I have a blemish, I cover it with Mario Badescu drying cream followed with a dusting of bare minerals foundation in either fairly light or light. I can assure you, this look is fool proof, fresh, young, easy, and can be worn year round. I have experimented with everyday makeup looks for years, and this takes the cake. This mascara pulls the whole look together. It may be more expensive than drugstore brands, but it will last you six months. I know some people say you should throw your mascara away after three months, however, I recently read in a magazine that you can put a few drops of sterile eyedrops in the tube and it will help sanitize and moisturize the product. I also do this to my Shisiedo Mascara base.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by mommy2avarose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara has been nothing but AMAZING! I found my HG. It lengthens, curls, and thickens my lashes, and they almost look false! I bought makeup from an online friend and she included this for free, or I wouldn't have tried it. I have been loving it ever since. I will most definitely be repurchasing it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Btrflyjack

I just counted all of the mascaras I have right now between all three of my makeup bags and there are 19, ranging from YSL Faux Cils to Maybeline Falsies. Like many of us, I am a complete mascara junkie. However, I can say with certainty that I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER MASCARA AGAIN BESIDES ICONIC!! This mascara is so impressive the $28 price tag doesn't even make me blink my long, thick, gorgeous lashes. Just for fun, I bought Givenchy Phenomen'eyes the other day and I am running right back to Sephora to exchange it for my true love, DiorShow Iconic. If you are not patient in applying mascara, Iconic may not be for you; One coat doesn't do anything special. But if you don't mind spending a few minutes on each eye applying several coats (I usually apply 3) and running the brush through to seperate, then, do yourself a favor and try this product. I promise you will have the longest, thickest, truly false-looking lashes possible. I don't know if it curls on its own because I always use a curler regardless, and the curl doesn't budge all day with Iconic. It is quite water resistant which makes it harder to remove than most non-waterproof mascaras, but the extra step of using an eye makeup remover is a nonissue for me because the product performance is spectacular. If you are on the fense about buying this, please, go for it. You won't regret it! Oh, and by the way, I'm not a fan of regular DiorShow with its gigantic brush so don't shy away from Iconic just because you don't like other Dior mascaras!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Loveleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best mascaras I have ever tried. I’m definitely not blessed with great lashes; mine are short and grayish in the color. This mascara makes my lashes longer than I ever expected to be possible, and the color is also super rich black. I have also never experienced that the mascara flakes off (as I have with Diorshow); it stays on the lashes all day through. It can be a bit difficult to remove at nights, but with a good makeup remover you shouldn’t have any problems. I would say the best part of this mascara is the brush. Since it’s so wide and “full sized” the mascara gets applied evenly on every single lash, and you get crazy volum. Quite a few people has asked me if I use false eyelashes. The packaging is also nice, quite sophisticated, which I like.
TIPS: The Iconic mascaras clumps more if you apply it like you would with regular mascara; wiggle the brush back and forth at the base of the lashes. You should rather just apply it from the base and straight up. I know that "the wiggling part" is supposed to separate the lashes, but with Iconic I feel it has the opposite effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by dianaec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had a couple tubes of this mascara in the waterproof formulation and it's the only Dior mascara I enjoy. It's a MUST for my Vegas poolside vacations and my beach destination vacations. Also great for snowboarding. It really stays put quite well. My only complaint is that it always feels a little wet and goopy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by bengiozbas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all I have to say that I was a loyal Hypnose user but I wanted to give a try to a different mascara because my last Hypnose started to flake off. I tried Estee Lauder Projectionist, Clinique High Impact, Christan Dior Extase and Iconic. They are all not bad except Extase but I chose Iconic because it gives the lash by lash seperation the best. It does not flake off and the color is really rich black. If you apply one layer it gives nice natural look and lenghtens your lashes. When you apply the second layer while the first layer is still wet you get the volume and curve.I think this is more stable than Hypnose, and it is shiny.I also like Hypnose Onyx more than regular Hypnose because of its texture. Ionic is 10 ml which is the maximum volume in all mascaras so although it is expensive it offers more and lasts longer. Lancome mascaras are usually 6-6,5 ml. If you want volume+length Iconic is a very good choice.If you choose make up removers with oily formulas it is easier to remove all mascaras. I use Bifacil, it works fine.Clinique Take the Day Off M/u remover is also good. I also put some pics of Iconic here.I recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by luvmakeup1000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This definately lengthens and separates well. It holds curl reall well especially if you curl your lashes with an eyelash curler first. It doesn't do much for volume though. It never flakes on me like the diorshow which was my absolute favorite but couldn't stand the flakes anymore. Still really good though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So after Diorshow Blackout I tried this one. I heard so many good things about both blackout and iconic (As well as from the Sephora rep) that I figured I might as well try it. I wanted volume and length and was highly disappointed in both areas. Also, it was pretty hard to get off. I had to do a lot of rubbing and even still the next morning I would be getting some off. Overall if I had to pick between spending $28 bucks on this or $12 on L'Oreal stuff I would pick the L'Oreal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara. It's HG right now for me. Now, I've always been a little skeptical about some beauty claims. For no scientific or educated reason, I just don't believe mascaras, for example, are all that different. Some are thicker, some are more liquidy, but I never really believed that one could lengthen more than the other, or one could curl (I feel the same about Pantene Pro-V shampoos, which I love, but I don't think there's a difference between Volume or Smooth. I never experience any difference in creamy Pantene products) RATHER I think mascara wands make the difference.

I have pretty much ideal eyelashes - they are very long, are curled nicely naturally and I've got a whole bunch of them. So I feel like I'm testing in the best conditions... but this mascara is awesome. That being said, I love and am entirely partial to rubber, spikey brushes. If you don't like this, don't even bother. Walk on by. This formula is pretty thick to me, and it adds length like crazy. Almost to a fault - if I'm not careful when applying it, I look like Snuffleupagus. Can't say I notice a lot of curling action but that doesn't mean it didn't curl them...it just wasn't significant enough to notice. Your results may vary.

I think the packaging is cool. I also really like it in Chestnut, the brown. I don't think any drugstore makeup lines available in Canada have brown mascara. Not even Covergirl, which I know they have in America. Almay used to but they seem to have gotten rid of it. Not black-brown or brownish-black. Brown. So I am sort of forced to go high end as almost all higher end brands have brown mascara. This is one is a great choice as it had my main criteria of a rubber, spikey brush. If that's your criteria for choosing a high end mascara that lengthens and possibly curls, then grab a shiney, silver tube of this! ...as long as you can afford it, because it's pretty expensive.

It's kind of hard to remove though. Takes a little more work to get rid of it all. This might be a good thing for you, who knows.

It hurts a bit to get so attached to such an expensive product that you go through quickly, but my eyelashes with this on make it worth it. I like it way more than the original Diorshow.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Jules11743

I HATE this mascara sooo much! I purchased this about a month and a half ago and I HATE it. I have short asian lashes and I am always looking for mascara's that lengthen and give volume. This mascara lengthened, a little bit...

Why I dislike this:
1) So hard to remove! Even with lancome's bi facil eye makeup remover!
2) The brush has rubber bristles, similiar to covergirls lash blast or something. I HATE IT! I actually switched out the brush and put in the original DiorShow instead. It works a heck of a lot better!
3) It's pretty expensive at $27.

My Verdict: complete disappointment and does not deliver! Really hard to wash off! I DON'T recommend purchasing it (unless you are layering it with another mascara!)