August 21, 2014 | 1840 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by lushieluver

This chap stick is very moisturizing, and the tint it gives off is very nice, it isn't sheer, it gives a very nice noticeable color payoff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by lipcrazy

I was a bit worried after reading the bad reviews, but I love this lip balm and will be repurchasing. The color is a cherry red and very build-able. I agree with the reviewer who stated that the consistency was more like a stain than a gloss. If I want just a little bit of color I put only one coat, if I want a bolder effect I pair it with liner and apply two coats. I have even put a little on my cheeks for a flushed effect. I'm a NC42 for reference. I've been doing this for some time and have had no breakouts.

For the low cost, I am impressed with the versatility of this lip balm. It isn't as moisturizing as the other nivea lip balms but I don't find it as drying as other reviewers. I think it has replaced my bonnie bell Dr. Pepper which I actually feel is more drying and too sheer in color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by luckyangelou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I honestly think I must be using a different product than others from the reviews! This product is incredibly moisturizing on me and makes my lips incredibly soft. I get a fresh, sheer rosy glow on my lips with just a hint of shine. I love the cherry scent/taste, too. I am incredibly impressed with this lip balms, especially for the price. I just hope it continues to work so well!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by smittenkitten6196

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the way this product gives a "popsicle red" tint to your lips and has a nice candy like scent, but I found it dried out my lips (not terribly but still enough so that it was noticible) and the color didn't last very long. I really love the shade, but wish the product did a bit more moisturizing and had staying power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The main reason why I would not buy this again is because it takes the life out of my lips. I have plump lips and I swear to god that while i wore this, you can say they lost "weight". Not only that but they look flaky and beat up half the time. Add a dry, cold New England winter and my lips were practically massacred when I tried this almost a year ago. The color is indeed beautiful but if you apply more than two coats, welcome to clown territory. Which was the case when I had to reapply this every 5 minutes because it just dried my lips. One time I went to school looking like I wore red lipstick.Let's just say it did not receive rave reviews. Even with another lipbalm on top this was awful. The cherry taste didn't help either. I think I might give this one more try in the future, but for now, it is what it is. I did not give this a lower rating because of the price and the color. Again, the color is gorgeous if applied SPARINGLY.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Faustina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Huh... im surprised by the negative reviews for this product. I love it and I am a picky high end lippie snob! This is so much better then Fresh's rose tint sugar balm. There is actually no color to that one. The color of this one is exactly that of a cherry stain. So pretty. One swipe is sheer, two swipes is perfect for me for daytime. Looks so pretty without trying to hard. It has a cherry scent that I like but could see how someone could find fake smelling. The price is cheap in a good way. There are better lip balms out there for moisture but this is great for color and it feels good too. I would def buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by padraiginX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my Holy Grail lip color for every day. The color is a bit bright but it suits my personal style, it's the perfect gloss level, it has staying power.

My only complaint? No sunscreen. I love the Nivea/Labello balms with sunscreen too, but I'd love to have tint and protection in one tube. Can you hear me, Beiersdorf?

Even minus SPF, I buy tubes of this by the handful and wear it every day.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by xosandy

I wanted to see what all the hype was about so I decided to give it a try. The color is way too bright on me so I always need to mix it with another lip color. Otherwise I'd look like a clown. I can deal with the color but it does not moisturize my lips at all. In fact, it makes the skin on my lips peel and makes it even worse than when I did not apply anything. I have never been so disappointed with a lip care product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by laurenmt

I like this lip balm a lot. I usually use this for moisture and the hint of color on my tan/olive skin. I also use this under my Laura Mercier Stick Gloss for a bit of more color with the color Nude Lips. Ultimately I put this on about 30 minutes before I put on any lipstick or gloss to pre moisturize,except for my long wear lip glosses. My hg balm!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by tropical_dreams15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about two weeks. I was looking for a tinted chapstick and I've heard a lot of good things about Nivea so I decided to give it a try. Firstly, it's too pigmented (raspberry colored). I don't use this when I'm out because I don't feel comfortable in such a heavy lip. Secondly, it isn't a very good moisturizer. My lips feel good after I put it on but less than 30 mins later my lips feel dry again. I will not be purchasing this product again.