Nivea A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

3.8

Octyldodecanol, Microcrystalline Wax, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Castor Seed Oil, Cetyl Palmitate, Myristyl Myristate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, C20 40 Alkyl Stearate, Glycerin, Carnauba Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Grape Seed Oil, Beeswax, Butyl Methoxydibenzoykmethane, Water, Fragrance, Neohesperidin Dihydrochalcone, Red 7 Lake, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 30 Lake

on 4/25/2010 11:42:00 AM

ooh idk what to say ... except for that i love the nivea products... the lip treatments are great. most of the have spf and the cherry adds a hint of pink to your lips! so go and get this awesome products at ULTA PUBLIX and Walgreens... etc ... more placess!

thanks

elenaxxbeauty

on 4/20/2010 5:34:00 PM

If you like soft red glosses, tinted lip balms and the like, try this one. It is a beautiful mellow red color, very subtle in my opinion. Tastes like, well, cherry chapstick (sorry Nivea)! Only 2 dollars and change at CVS.

Leaves lips very soft, too.

on 3/6/2010 10:02:00 PM

I wish Nivea would just decide what this product really was and stick to it! I got this on a whim while at the drugstore because it was on sale for only a dollar and I was running low on lip balm. My lips have been really dry this winter and I've always heard that Nivea lip balms are great. I barely noticed that it said "lightly tinted". After applying it absentmindedly while working at my desk, I didn't realize just HOW much it's tinted till I walked to the bathroom. There was a bright cherry red color all on my lips, and it didn't look pretty because I'd smeared it all over my lips without looking! So be warned, it's pigmented, especially for it's claims. The cherry tint (when applied carefully, haha) is actually quite nice. It brightens my smile and has really good staying power. I'd say color-wise it's actually a pretty good dupe of Benetint. It's got a tiny, tiny bit of shine to it but really not much at all. As I said, closer to a lip tint than anything. However, I totally think that if they're going to make such a tinted product they should have different packaging than from their normal lip balms. Also, they should angle the top so that you can actually apply it to the bows of your lips more easily. In terms of it being a lip balm, I think it's quite disappointing and will be going back to my trusty mint-flavored Blistex. It isn't really moisturizing at all or thick and protective. The price is great.

on 3/1/2010 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

a bit too loud for me so i try not to layer it on. but it moisturizes and protects my lips from chicago winters! gotta love it.

on 2/16/2010 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have lip product ADD and can't stick to one for a second. I bought this a while ago because I have no color to my lips and it was cheap, plus I trust Nivea's moisturizers. Anyway, I was turned off initially by the loudish color and it hid in one of my purses for a few months. Sure, if you apply one coat, the color is barely there and fine but I need more than that to coat my lips adequately! I have really really dry lips and this works fine for taking care of that aspect. No lip product I've ever used has "cured" my lips-- I still have to reapply often, etc. I've recently started using this more because I don't wear lipstick that often and this is a step up from those tinted balms that don't seem to have any discernible pigmentation to them. IMO, I'm glad I bought this and it was so cheap I have no regrets. I can live with the color. It's winter and my lips and face are soooo pale so it's probably OK to have a punch of color somewhere! I'll keep using it till I lose it or it's gone.

on 1/27/2010 2:33:00 AM

This was not at all what I was expecting. I was hoping it would be a nicely scented cherry lip balm with a *hint* of color. What I got was basically a red/fuscia lipstick that is cough syrup scented. I am sure this would work nicely for some people but the color is really bright and garish on me. It also lasts a really long time and sort of stains my lips. I have been putting it on at night since I can't be seen wearing it since it makes me look like a clown, and when I wake up in the morning there is a ring of red pigment still remaining on my lip line.

I like the formula of the balm but just not the color or scent. I'll stick with the Nivea balms without color! :)

on 1/2/2010 4:08:00 PM

This chap stick is very moisturizing, and the tint it gives off is very nice, it isn't sheer, it gives a very nice noticeable color payoff.

on 1/1/2010 4:09:00 AM

I was a bit worried after reading the bad reviews, but I love this lip balm and will be repurchasing. The color is a cherry red and very build-able. I agree with the reviewer who stated that the consistency was more like a stain than a gloss. If I want just a little bit of color I put only one coat, if I want a bolder effect I pair it with liner and apply two coats. I have even put a little on my cheeks for a flushed effect. I'm a NC42 for reference. I've been doing this for some time and have had no breakouts.

For the low cost, I am impressed with the versatility of this lip balm. It isn't as moisturizing as the other nivea lip balms but I don't find it as drying as other reviewers. I think it has replaced my bonnie bell Dr. Pepper which I actually feel is more drying and too sheer in color.

on 12/21/2009 8:13:00 PM

I honestly think I must be using a different product than others from the reviews! This product is incredibly moisturizing on me and makes my lips incredibly soft. I get a fresh, sheer rosy glow on my lips with just a hint of shine. I love the cherry scent/taste, too. I am incredibly impressed with this lip balms, especially for the price. I just hope it continues to work so well!

I love the way this product gives a "popsicle red" tint to your lips and has a nice candy like scent, but I found it dried out my lips (not terribly but still enough so that it was noticible) and the color didn't last very long. I really love the shade, but wish the product did a bit more moisturizing and had staying power.

Popular Lip Treatments