September 19, 2014 | 1944 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - brightening eyeshadow quad - drama

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2009 1:02:00 AM More reviews by piyopiyo127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this! i just bought it bc it was cheap and i though i'd give it a try but the pigmentation is wonderful! i wear nothing but lancome and mac bc every drugstore brand i've tried is utter crap but this is so vibrant and last all day for me! hardly any creasing either!
as long as u throw away the applicator and use a brush it's dream product! it works just as good as my lancome shadows. the light pearl color is not metallic and with a liner brush it's WONDERFUL on the lashline to brighten/enlarge eyes. way better than a white pencil.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by ash41749

Drama is great for creating a dark smokey eye or a smokey-silver eye. It also comes with a super white shadow that is great for highlighting your brow bone and inner eye/tear duct. It's not super pigmented like Ben Nye or MAC, so you really have to pack the color on, but you can't beat the price. Overall, I'm very satisfied with this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This may just be HG for me. I have 4 or 5 laying around in backstock and have used the same one daily now for my signature smokey eye for months and have no plans on trying anything else. It only cost $1.00 and I can get it a Kmart. It has 4 great shades- a sheer slightly shimmery white, a pale shimmery silver, a deep slightly shimmery gunmetal and a great matte black. The pan is small but I use the ELF eyeshadow brushes and have no problem The ELF concealer brush makes a great eyeshadow brush for precise application.
I have no problem with staying power, I use ELF facial whip in Lilac Petal (also HG) as a base and all the colors go on rich, well pigmented, and blend easy. What more could you want.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 3:07:00 AM More reviews by ShortGlamourGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My regular, everyday makeup is very Mod. I've always been very flamboyant and I have smallish eyes so I need a good white eyeshadow to create an eyelid. I also like doing really avant-garde, over the top makeup styles when I go out on weekends.

Anyway, I'm always searching for that super white eyeshadow but I always find sub-par products.
My HG of white eyeshadow used to be this eyeshadow duo by Fantasy Makers (Halloween makeup only sold during that holiday) that consisted of a white and a black.
After I was done with that, I never found it again.

I started using MAC Gesso (sp?) because my friend has it in her makeup box. When I would go out, my makeups were always interesting but they lacked that super white pop of the white eyeshadow. The MAC color was nice but it wasn't super white.

Other than that, I was using Jane in Hipbone but that too had the same problem of being white and dulling out as time went by.

I picked up the ELF eyeshadow quad in Drama and WOW! This stuff is super white, just the kind of white I love and needed.
I was using a MAC grey eyeshadow (can't remember the name) and I was worried that, when I needed to correct the grey with white, that maybe the ELF white wouldn't cover something as high quality as MAC but I was pleasantly surprised when it did!
I actually think the grey shadow in ELF quad is prettier than the MAC.

On another night, I used the sparkly black from the quad and it looked fantastic. Just remember to put a lot of loose, translucent powder under your eyes if you're going to use the black because it can fall and leave you looking like you've got dark shadows under your eyes, if you're not careful.

So get Drama if you love a stark white eyeshadow. This can be worn lightly for daily use or layered on for a super white look.
The other three colors are also great quality for the cheap price. Experiment!

If your ELF eyeshadow quads start to break, take a sheet of toilet paper and press it down. That usually works for me when an eyeshadow breaks but of course, you'll have to do this everytime you apply.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i was lemming that darn chanel smoky really bad but was low on funds. so a fellow mua-er recommended that i try this quad first. she said she had the chanel quad and swapped it away because it was sheer and a little light for her tastes when it comes to smoky eyes. but she said this basically gave her the same look so of course after she said this..i ran straight to kmart and searched for this. i wore it today and i am so freakin impressed because this was only $1!!!! very pigmented and lasted all day for me. as a matter of fact i'm looking in the mirror right now as i write this just to make sure i don't write a false review...and i swear it looks exactly the way it did when i put it this morning at 11am. it's currently almost 10pm so that's awesome quality to me! (i do have to note i used an eye primer first) this little palette consists of a black, a shimmery gunmetal color, a shimmery silver and a matte white. this is a shimmery palette...so if you don't like shimmers...then stay away from this. but for those who love shimmers..this is a great smoky palette! the packaging is ugly tho....and it does look a little fragile...but for $1 it's great stuff! i'll just make sure i never drop this and keep it safely on top of my m/u table.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2008 12:22:00 AM More reviews by noisewar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great for creating smoky eyes. Love the silvers as they are my perfect tones of silvers. I don't use the white tho.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2008 12:25:00 PM More reviews by lola108

I'm torn with this product. For the price, it's a good eyeshadow. The colors are intense and the color quality is great. However, the product itself crumbles and basically falls apart very quickly. It was kind of difficult to control the product, and I often got too much product on my brush. I can't complain too much for it being so cheap, but I don't think I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 11:29:00 AM More reviews by lamonica08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

i am totally in love with this quad!! of all my elf shadows, these are the best i have used. they have a nice shimmer to them, not over the top, but certainly not matte.

the four colors are all great: a white for highlighting, two tones of shimmery silver-grey, one lighter and one darker, and a black. i love to use these with my elf liner brush. the dark silver and the black both work very well as liners.

they are a little crumbly and may break if dropped or carried in a purse for an extended time, but for a $ you can by a replacement!!

don't use the scratchy applicators they give you! order one of the elf eyeshadows brushes to apply. they work very well with this and other shadows!