Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Lovely mascara, it creates long, beautiful, and full lashes. The mascara is ridiculously wet, and if you open your eyes while its drying, there is going to be mascara allllll over your eyelids. And like most other waterproof formulas, it's difficult as hell to get off. Lasts all day long though. Would definitely recommend.

on 5/17/2014 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I am biased when it comes to this mascara. Each time my mascara ran out, I would try a different type off the shelves, until I purchased this one. I buy this product, and no other over and over again. It is possible that it is a mediocre mascara and I simply do not know it, because I have not continued to experiment on what else is out there, but this mascara has everything I need.

It gives off volume, but not as ample amount, as it advertises. I use it in 230 Glam Black, which offers great definition. It's clump free (but only if you run the wand under warm water, every month or so) and lasts a rather long time, even with my everyday use.

This mascara is suitable for simple and natural make up routines, nothing more or extravagant. It's best for everyday work wear.

on 5/16/2014 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I love this product as it adds volume!!! Lashes clump though, which sucks. But a lashbrush will sort that out!!!

This mascara is defiantly not one of my favorites. It adds length but didn't separate my lashes at all or add volume like its supposed to. It also flaked off through out the day.

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

Decent mascara, got this in Glam Black. To me it adds length but not really any volume, I have short, sparse, asian lashes. Might use it for everyday for a natural look or on my lower lashes because it goes on smooth without looking spider like. Not bad just nothing to write home about.

on 5/7/2014 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

*I uploaded a picture of my lashes curled and with Colossal*

Ref: I'm Asian w/ thin, longish lashes

I have the waterproof version and have been liking it so far! I've been using it for 2 weeks or so and it really holds up my lashes all day - morning to night! (on a work day too)
It lengthens pretty well, holds my curl and it's cheap! $6 at Target
No problem with flaking either.

The way I put it on is I swipe on one coat, let it dry a bit.. then go on to swipe on more coats by wiggling my way up and using the end tip to kinda individually swipe up! Letting the 1st coat dry first makes it able to lengthen my lashes with more coats! Otherwise this mascara does nothing :/

~I do use my Shu Uemura eyelash curler and other tricks that help keep my lashes curled all day!

I put castor oil at night on my lashes to GROW (and my eyebrows hehe) + curl with my Shu curler + put Colossal + and if I have time, I'll give my lashes more oomph and put on a coat of "Benefits They're Real"!

If I ever wear the Benefits They're Real, I HAVE to layer a 1st coat with Colossal waterproof!! Benefit's TR alone never holds on to my curl!! Grrr.

This is a really great mascara. It definitely gave me tons of added volume. I would totally recommend it for beginner mascara users because it's easy to take off and put on.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is the first mascara I actually hated... I read and saw so many great reviews on it, so I decided to try it out when I ran out of my Maybelline Rocket mascara. Mistake, for me at least. It's a very wet mascara which means when it dries it hardens and begins to flake. Maybe it was just me, but it also burned and irritated my eyes. It looks nice on, when it's not clumped together, but with the flakiness and hardening it was definitely not worth it. Going back to the Rocket mascara, I really liked that one much better :)

on 4/15/2014 4:59:00 PM

This is my FAVORITE drugstore mascara ever! I LOVEE the volume and length it gives my lashes.

When I first got it, I had a love/hate relationship but I gave it another try a month later and fell in love. I have been using it for 2 years now, it's truly the best.

I once went to the nail salon and the lady doing my nails thought my lashes were false lashes and she made all the people working there come look at my lashes. She wouldn't believe that I just had 2 coats of the Colossal by Maybelline. It was a nice thing that people actually noticed my lashes.

The brush is absolutely perfect! It's a "fat" brush but it's easy to use and doesn't hurt or bother my eyes at all. The bristles aren't stiff or hard. The brush is the reason my lashes look great after I use this product. Amazing results. 100% recommend without hesitation! Great job Maybelline!

At first, I loved this mascara. It made my lashes appear longer and thicker with one coat. After using it for a few months I started noticing the not-so-good things about it. After a few hours of wear, it will flake little black specs under your eyes no matter how many coats you put on. It dries out very quickly, and that's not even from day-to-day use.
For the price and being a drugstore mascara, I do like it. I would repurchase it and I will continue to use it..until I find a better one.